Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts (20286 Views)

Western Govts ‘knew Where Chibok Schoolgirls Were’ / Aguleri Is The Ancestral Home Of The Igbos, Not Nri - Daily Sun, July 15, 2014 / 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 10, 2013
Nyggahs fighting over oil wells that barely produce 10,000bpd smh...

Elites trying to use the poor against one another... undecided undecided
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by thoth: 10:54am On Apr 10, 2013
bestview:

You are really not making any sense. No wonder Nnenna left you in your illusions. Anambra people are hardworking and established people already, we are not known to be cowards and lazy people. Before oil was found in Anambra, we Anambrans have been living large. Tell that your tales to your kogi lazy people, who is fighting a lost battle.

The good thing is that the Oil Company and the Refinery is owned 100% by Anambra state and its people. We explore the oil, refine and sale it. Create the wealth, create employment for our people and advance our economy. This practice is different from what is obtained in Niger Delta where foreigners are in charge.
I find it really hard to relate any point in my post with any that you raised above. I never said anambrarians are not industrious, i never denied that they own the company, infact none of that was part of our argument.
I always find your kind absurd and repulsing.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by ak47mann(m): 11:43am On Apr 10, 2013
ZUBY77: AT THE END OF THE DAY, NIGERIA IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE ITS BORDERS BECAUSE OF OIL.

IF ANY OIL WELL IS IN ANAMBRA, IT WILL REMAIN THERE BUT EVERY STATE HAS THE RIGHT TO FIGHT FOR WHAT IS WITHING ITS BORDERS.

PLATEAU STATE CAN BUILD A REFINERY BUT THEY CANNOT CLAIM OIL WELLS IN KANO STATE.
Mr man,i believe that your sense of reasoning is not a waste...better cool off...
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by ojotule4: 12:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
[quote author=chino11]It appears that these people knows little about Aguleri people's war chest. These people can level entire state.

No wonder the editor of guardian tagged it "Aguleri warns Kogi and Enugu states".

They should stay off our oil and focus on their farming. Pls go find out about ibaji people of Kogi State concerning war or fight b4 you make ur comments.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Klinee: 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
All those that is saying that there is no igala in anambra pls listen to ABS AND ESBS and stop making ignorant comments.though we do like igbos and we also speak igbo but we are not igbo by tribe.but my point is that u people shuld be arguing it base on state or immediate community(ika vs aguleri otu)not tribe.because if u do it base on tribe u are put us in delima.if we the anambra igala move out of anambra which means anambra didnt have oil now because aguleri is a minor in oil rich land.pls know it now igala is in anambra,enugu,delta,benin,and benue.but kogi is majority land.ibaji people are strong people which all of us know,aguleri people can tell u more.but i dont like tribal sentimental.during biafra war all igbo area were conqared by hausa,they run enter in ibaji.d ibajis fought hausa and make sure that d hausa did not enter d land till d war end.u nid 2 visit ibaji u will confirm by urself,but am nt support war because is nt good
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Malawian(m): 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
Klinee: All those that is saying that there is no igala in anambra pls listen to ABS AND ESBS and stop making ignorant comments.though we do like igbos and we also speak igbo but we are not igbo by tribe.but my point is that u people shuld be arguing it base on state or immediate community(ika vs aguleri otu)not tribe.because if u do it base on tribe u are put us in delima.if we the anambra igala move out of anambra which means anambra didnt have oil now because aguleri is a minor in oil rich land.pls know it now igala is in anambra,enugu,delta,benin,and benue.but kogi is majority land.ibaji people are strong people which all of us know,aguleri people can tell u more.but i dont like tribal sentimental.during biafra war all igbo area were conqared by hausa,they run enter in ibaji.d ibajis fought hausa and make sure that d hausa did not enter d land till d war end.u nid 2 visit ibaji u will confirm by urself,but am nt support war because is nt good
all this yoruba people forming igala here is nauseating. if you guys were so valiant, why not come during the day time to attack the aguleris? why use the cover of darkness only to run like little girls when pursued? it would seem everybody now looks down on the Igbo. maybe we need to do something about that very soon.

2 Likes

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Afam4eva(m): 12:42pm On Apr 10, 2013
I think you guys need to learn a thing or two from the Igalas on this thread. It's not everything that must be a tribal war. This is purely a state issue and as you can see, Enugu was also included even though i think that shouldn't have been because Enugu has been quiet on the issue for some time now. Majority of people who occupy the part of Anambra where the oil is located are Igalas. The only part that you have Igbos is the Aguleri axis. Even the Igalas in Anambra will fight against the Igala in Kogi because Anambra is their state and it's purely a state issue.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Yujin(m): 12:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
One_Naira: Enugu and Kogi need to stop trying to steal this people property from them and go drill their own. which kain persistent thieves be this?
you've taken them to court, they won in court. you've asked FG to look over the field, they did and you lost. why are una so persistent on trying to steal their property. what in the world. I'll always stand with the aguleri's on this because this is just ridiculous. it reminds of the grasshopper and snail story.
ordinarily, the Ibaji people will not contest it because they know well the boundary. Its outsiders that are pushing the Kogi government to make this malicious claims. This shows you the height of hatred against Ndigbo. Well, the end of Nigeria is close; let progressive penple be mindful of malicious claims on other peoples properties.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yujin:
ordinarily, the Ibaji people will not contest it because they know well the boundary. Its outsiders that are pushing the Kogi government to make this malicious claims. This shows you the height of hatred against Ndigbo. Well, the end of Nigeria is close; let progressive penple be mindful of malicious claims on other peoples properties.

What malicious intent and hatred against which Ndigbo? Are you blind or just intentionally being ignorant?

Don't you see your ret.arded Eze in the OP dishing out warnings and threats to fellow Igbos and Igalas in Enugu?

I guess Anambra Indigenes' Igboness are only expressed online but when things that require collective Igbo consciousness and unity arise, as seen in this case, they remember that they are Anambra first. Bloody hypocrites.

Anyway, anambra and their fellow aguleri touts are irrelevant for now, till that evil spirit that controls them, leads them to attack any community in Enugu, be it Igbo or Igala.

Till then, their threats are like playground threats of "my father will beat up your father"

We are waiting and watching.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Klinee: 1:15pm On Apr 10, 2013
Malawian: all this yoruba people forming igala here is nauseating. if you guys were so valiant, why not come during the day time to attack the aguleris? why use the cover of darkness only to run like little girls when pursued? it would seem everybody now looks down on the Igbo. maybe we need to do something about that very soon.
if war broke u will disappear,toothless bulldog.ibaji is the engine of aguleri during their war with umuleri.u dont know this people ibajis.if u realy know them u will only want 2 make peace.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Malawian(m): 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2013
Klinee: All those that is saying that there is no igala in anambra pls listen to ABS AND ESBS and stop making ignorant comments.though we do like igbos and we also speak igbo but we are not igbo by tribe.but my point is that u people shuld be arguing it base on state or immediate community(ika vs aguleri otu)not tribe.because if u do it base on tribe u are put us in delima.if we the anambra igala move out of anambra which means anambra didnt have oil now because aguleri is a minor in oil rich land.pls know it now igala is in anambra,enugu,delta,benin,and benue.but kogi is majority land.ibaji people are strong people which all of us know,aguleri people can tell u more.but i dont like tribal sentimental.during biafra war all igbo area were conqared by hausa,they run enter in ibaji.d ibajis fought hausa and make sure that d hausa did not enter d land till d war end.u nid 2 visit ibaji u will confirm by urself,but am nt support war because is nt good
Klinee: if war broke u will disappear,toothless bulldog.ibaji is the engine of aguleri during their war with umuleri.u dont know this people ibajis.if u realy know them u will only want 2 make peace.
Bleep off yaribaman.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Biafradiplomat: 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
mekaboy: Ndigbo are too divided for my liking. Oil discovered in the east that should make us all happy has become and object of envy between enugu and anambra.

We can't achieve much if we continue like this.something good has happened in ala igbo, we should all celebrate instead of fight.
Why cant you read between the lines? You people are always fast to jump into conclusions of imagined Igbo disunity. Enugu people, especialy the state government led by governor Chime, has been very matured about this issue. Though Igbos are republican in nature, they are not more divided than other tribes. Between, Kogi is fighting a lost battle be it moraly, justly or combat wise, Aguleri/Anambra will defeat them roundly. Envious and pathetic scoundrels!

2 Likes

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
thoth:
which side the oil is drilled does not make any sense to whomever the aggressor is, believe me the allocation is what matters most. The masses will be here talking about whose land the oil is on and fighting nonsensical wars while the elites will be discussing how to share the money to appease each other. Once the elites settles and agrees who gets what they will come out and calm the masses, gives them some silly conclusion and everybody gets back to work and they face their new pot of gold. We are a hopeless people i tell you.

Can you further elaborate on this and explain how the fight between Aguleri and Kogi (with Anambra Igala stuck in the middle) would yield any result as far as allocation?

My point in this whole discussion is how is this quarrel even exists or is supposed to be settled, especially if the two states don't determine who gets what as per FG allocation or where the oil should be drilled. How many people in Aguleri, Ibaji, Kogi, even know the chemical composition of oil and how to drill it in the first place?

This whole fracas is utterly senseless and unnecessary. I really wish this oil wasn't even drilled in the first place.

Another thing - You also seem to be saying that the Aguleris are alienating the Igalas in Anambra, as well as other Igbos in Anambra. I agree that the outburst against Enugu in particular may be unwarranted. I would like to see concrete examples about how Aguleri people/leaders are manipulative and completely in the fault as opposed to the Anambra Igala and Kogi leaders.

I can smell a boundary adjustment between the two states on the horizon. The things oil can do sha.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by thoth: 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

Can you further elaborate on this and explain how the fight between Aguleri and Kogi (with Anambra Igala stuck in the middle) would yield any result as far as allocation?
It will be easier to understand if you look back to similar events, you will clearly see that the Big players just want their hands in the pie, the masses on both sides are just pawns. A particular side believes that with aggression they can persuade the other to accept that they have a share in the dividend, war is a form of persuasion albeit a babaric sort. What the NBC dictates after the aggression has no value once a side has been overruled. Read my above post about the elites finding a common ground to appease each other.

My point in this whole discussion is how is this quarrel even exists or is supposed to be settled, especially if the two states don't determine who gets what as per FG allocation or where the oil should be drilled. How many people in Aguleri, Ibaji, Kogi, even know the chemical composition of oil and how to drill it in the first place?

As soon as you become aware that it is the greedy and selfish elites that are fighting for oil and not the people and that the ignorant people are mobilized as a means by those elite to give form to their claim and ultimately achieve their goal you will understand how the problem came to be and why the masses whom knows nothing about geology,oil drilling or even its composition would feel concerned.

Another thing - You also seem to be saying that the Aguleris are alienating the Igalas in Anambra, as well as other Igbos in Anambra. I agree that the outburst against Enugu in particular may be unwarranted. I would like to see concrete examples about how Aguleri people/leaders are manipulative and completely in the fault as opposed to the Anambra Igala and Kogi leaders.
I did not remember saying that the Igalas in anambara are being alienated rather i pointed out that the Igbos(not even Agulureri) are pushing them into a situation where they could make decisions that will not favor the Igbos now and maybe when we will need them the most. This is a section of strategic planning that is well researched in many universities though i can't say igbos have exposed advisers from their actions. Think about the Kurds,which are part of iraq,turkey and syria being minorities in three countries but large enough to be a country on its own.
On how the elites are manipulative of the masses and alienates other igbos, since we are igbos i suggest we don't discuss that here, persons intimate with the nature of the business going on there would agree with me.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by elklehamite(m): 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
Agulere-utu monarch and his people and the Ibos should learn to control their tongue let it be that they becomes empty vessels at the end of the day.We Igalas that are keeping quiet waiting for the findings of NBC doesn't mean that we coward.Find out the history of Igala and learn more.It is unfortunate that Agulere that supposedly know Igala by virtue of our being neigh-bour is spitting empty fire.We do not pray it result to war situation otherwise the entire Igala or Ibaji as the case may be do not need to participate in the battle with anybody. We only need to send our twelve deciples to come and do justice to you and come back home. Please, talk less so that you do not start what will consume you and your people.We are civilize people eventhough those that doesn't know Igala has been calling us names.We are not Hausas as some Ibo who have never traveled out of Ibo land has been referring us. Igala people has never gone to any battle and lost we are warriors, it is needless joining issue with you on this matter, but be it known to you that Igala is not Umulere,beware.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by bigfrancis21: 8:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
thoth:
It will be easier to understand if you look back to similar events, you will clearly see that the Big players just want their hands in the pie, the masses on both sides are just pawns. A particular side believes that with aggression they can persuade the other to accept that they have a share in the dividend, war is a form of persuasion albeit a babaric sort. What the NBC dictates after the aggression has no value once a side has been overruled. Read my above post about the elites finding a common ground to appease each other.

As soon as you become aware that it is the greedy and selfish elites that are fighting for oil and not the people and that the ignorant people are mobilized as a means by those elite to give form to their claim and ultimately achieve their goal you will understand how the problem came to be and why the masses whom knows nothing about geology,oil drilling or even its composition would feel concerned.

I did not remember saying that the Igalas in anambara are being alienated rather i pointed out that the Igbos(not even Agulureri) are pushing them into a situation where they could make decisions that will not favor the Igbos now and maybe when we will need them the most. This is a section of strategic planning that is well researched in many universities though i can't say igbos have exposed advisers from their actions. Think about the Kurds,which are part of iraq,turkey and syria being minorities in three countries but large enough to be a country on its own.
On how the elites are manipulative of the masses and alienates other igbos, since we are igbos i suggest we don't discuss that here, persons intimate with the nature of the business going on there would agree with me.
If at all Igalas reside in some of the oil communities of Anambra and these anambra igalas decide to turn around and become part of Kogi, they are free to pack and relocate to Kogi state. That some igbo-speaking Igalas are located on the shores Anambra doesn't mean that that portion of land is not authentically anambra's neither does it mean that these shore locations are easily subject to debate to decide today or tomorrow when it becomes Kogi or Anambra. The boundary lines of Anambra state have long been created and I don't see why the lines should be adjusted to remove the anambra igala area from Anambra state to Kogi just because they are igala. At state borders all over the country we observe ethnicities of one state spilling over into their neighboring states at the border lines but yet that hasn't altered boundary lines.
There are oil-producing Igbo communities in Rivers state and I don't see Imo nor Abia struggling to claim them to be theirs just because they are Igbo speaking. The boundaries of all the 36 states have been drawn and demarcated long ago and need to be respected as such.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by thoth: 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
bigfrancis21:
If at all Igalas reside in some of the oil communities of Anambra and the anambra igalas decide to turn around and become part of Kogi, they are free to pack and relocate to Kogi state. That some igbo-speaking Igalas are located on the shores Anambra doesn't mean that that portion of land is not authentically anambra's neither does it mean that these shore locations are easily subject to debate to decide today or tomorrow when it becomes Kogi or Anambra. The boundary lines of Anambra state have long been created and I don't see why the lines should be adjusted to remove the anambra igala area from Anambra state to Kogi just because they are igala. At state borders all over the country we observe ethnicities of one state spilling over into their neighboring states at the border lines but yet that hasn't altered boundary lines.
There are oil-producing Igbo communities in Rivers state and I don't see Imo nor Abia struggling to claim them to be theirs just because they are Igbo speaking. The boundaries of all the 36 states have been drawn and demarcated long ago and need to be respected as such.
You really don't understand where i am coming from although i can understand how you derived your conclusion.
Sometimes i think the black man is too hot-blooded to reason clearly or maybe i just don't understand the problem with us.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by emeka7(m): 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
in this aguleri, umuleri, amuleri and oleri 4 brothers all in anambra state will so called kogi state let them no try aguleri ooh their 3 brothers will never fold there arms ooh.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by purpleclouds: 11:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
thoth:
You really don't understand where i am coming from although i can understand how you derived your conclusion.
Sometimes i think the black man is too hot-blooded to reason clearly or maybe i just don't understand the problem with us.

I think you are the one with the problem. If you wish for someone to fail you to will fail. You keep saying you hope Igbo people will fail but tell us is your people's lot any better? Or you hoping to have some company with your misery?

For those wishing for war do make sure you sign up and show up first, war is easy when you are thousands of miles away and tucked behind the screen.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by neutralist: 5:12am On Apr 11, 2013
Afam4eva: I think you guys need to learn a thing or two from the Igalas on this thread. It's not everything that must be a tribal war. This is purely a state issue and as you can see, Enugu was also included even though i think that shouldn't have been because Enugu has been quiet on the issue for some time now. Majority of people who occupy the part of Anambra where the oil is located are Igalas. The only part that you have Igbos is the Aguleri axis. Even the Igalas in Anambra will fight against the Igala in Kogi because Anambra is their state and it's purely a state issue.

Point of correction, Aguleri did not border with any igala speaking community in Anambra State. They bordered only to the ones from adjoining state, that is the Igala of Kogi and Enugu respectively.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 11, 2013
Nightshift: Oil or no oil, Coal City state will develop; the foundation has been laid. Enugu state can make more money by exporting cashew nuts than from selling a few thousands of barrels of oil. The state's proven coal deposits can equally be exported or used to power 4 large electricity turbines, all at the same time for all the eastern states electricity requirements. Anyi ama bu enyi n'isi na achu danda!!

Nna m, igboro ihe ewu na-ata.
But truth be told, d Kogi ppl and uzouwani ppl might have a point. They are nt contending the ownership of d exact location of the refinery, but that part of the oil drilled from dt land flows from their locatn. Geologist, geo scientist, shld be involved to ascertain if their claim is true or false.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC / Oyo State Npower Beneficiaries Turn Up Enmass For APC And PMB. Pics / June 12: Tinubu Warns Against Dictatorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.