Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts (20288 Views)

Western Govts ‘knew Where Chibok Schoolgirls Were’ / Aguleri Is The Ancestral Home Of The Igbos, Not Nri - Daily Sun, July 15, 2014 / 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 10, 2013
^^^^I really wish we would desist from throwing so many insults.

He may be right in that it is more of a state issue rather than a tribal issue.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by thoth: 8:11am On Apr 10, 2013
bestview:

You must be a demented old f00l for saying that. Anambra state and its people invested on the entire project. So it belongs to Anambra people. Aguleri is being mentioned as against other states is because Aguleri is capable of razing down kogi state. If Anambra as a state comes in then Kogi people will relocate to Sokoto. Fact!
please don't call me names.
Ask the anambrarian beside you will see that his notion of whom the oil belongs to does not include himself. Forget the image we would all like to project on the internet but this is the truth on the ground.
And when you say anambara invested you fail to understand the elitist ,capitalist and exploitative nature of such investments in they sense that after all the fracas and violence the real investors would appear to reap their returns, that is after you have fought and lost relatives in the name of Anambara.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Suncastor77: 8:15am On Apr 10, 2013
Hmm dis is nigeria 4 us where the only the sector of the Economy where government and idividual can invest is in pextroleum mean while there are other natural resources 4 the federal government 2 mine but they are mostly concern with oil.Nooni joo!!
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 10, 2013
thoth:
please don't call me names.
Ask the anambrarian beside you will see that his notion of whom the oil belongs to does not include himself. Forget the image we would all like to project on the internet but this is the truth on the ground.
And when you say anambara invested you fail to understand the elitist ,capitalist and exploitative nature of such investments in they sense that after all the fracas and violence the real investors would appear to reap their returns, that is after you have fought and lost relatives in the name of Anambara.

What side started this whole quarrel?

I don't think that the statement from Aguleri/Anambra (per this news) came out of the blue.

1 Like

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 10, 2013
Suncastor77: Hmm dis is nigeria 4 us where the only the sector of the Economy where government and idividual can invest is in pextroleum mean while there are other natural resources 4 the federal government 2 mine but they are mostly concern with oil.Nooni joo!!

Why are we even heavily dependent on allocations from natural resources at all?

Nigerians are so lazy and quick to look for shortcuts.

I knew something like this would happen the minute Anambra was declared oil producing.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 10, 2013
Klinee: Am from the area and am from anambra.most of the oil well is located mostly in this towns nzam(highest number of oil well),innoma,ukwala,aguleri otu-anambra.ika(2nd highest number of oil)obale,eshenwo-kogi.ogurugu is the only enugu town there.in all those towns,aguleri otu is only igbo speaking town there and they occupy small amount of the land there and that is where they locate there site which is not surpose the problem is that anambra didnt know,they thought that its their own igala without knowing that they have enter kogi igala.many of you think that once they mention enugu and anambra that they are all igbos.but know it now am igala and am from anambra.the issue is not igbo and igala,its the three states to settle it without tribal sentiment.i support anambra becus am from there but ur tribal comment is too much.ika and aguleri otu speak different language but they live like brothers and sisters.then y will u use tribal sentiment to destablize them.95% of the oil wells are own by igalas in anambra,kogi and enugu.then y all this tribal comments igbo or not igbo.leave it for the states to decide not igbo or igala

I don't get this. The rights to drill oil solely depend on the company that purchased it and they are within their rights to drill anywhere they please within their confines.

Is this really why we are all up in arms?

Why is something so simple yielding unnecessary confusion?
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by anonimi: 8:29am On Apr 10, 2013
At the end of the day the proceeds of the oil will first go to Abuja where it will be shared by all the states (19 in the north and 17 in the south).

Thereafter some crumbs (13% derivation) will get to the oil producing state and very little gets to the oil producing LGA, talk less of the oil producing village/community.
Did anyone see the pictures on the thread for Bayelsa state oil communities
Compare to Abuja and other non oil-producing areas.
Unlike with agricultural produce which also depends on the nature of the soil.

Is it not time to revert to the pre-January 1966 coup federal revenue CONTRIBUTION formula for GREATER all-round productivity nationwide
That should be the REAL fight!

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by thoth: 8:33am On Apr 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

I don't think that the statement from Aguleri (per this news) came out of the blue.

It really does not interest me who started the brawl , what concerns me is the psychological impact on the unity of the Igbo nation, the efficiency which it grants the opportunist to blow the notion of anambara or enugu to achieve their selfish goal and sustaining that mindset if it assures more profit. A larger sense of being a minority is already being created by the Kogis on Anambara Igala(Innoma,nzam etc) and these people no longer feel at home since their sense of royalty is now questioned by both sides, whatever becomes the outcome these events would shape the perception of the constituting inhabitants of that area and would largely affect their decision or policies on future events and loyalties as well.
Igbo nation is expecting a decisive event in the future and these little events is what will shape and define their capability and also ability attain their objectives in such theater.
These considerations shapes national policies and igbos still don't see themselves as a nation. They all have forgotten the strategic importance of Idah during the civil war and none has learned nothing. Honestly i would love to witness the Igbo nation fail again, this time woefully.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 10, 2013
anonimi: At the end of the day the proceeds of the oil will first go to Abuja where it will be shared by all the states (19 in the north and 17 in the south).
Thereafter some crumbs (13% derivation) will get to the oil producing state and very little gets to the oil producing LGA, talk less of the oil producing village/community.
Did anyone see the pictures on the thread for Bayelsa state oil communities
Compare to Abuja and other non oil-producing areas.
Unlike with agricultural produce which also depends on the nature of the soil.

Is it not time to revert to the pre-January 1966 coup federal revenue CONTRIBUTION formula for GREATER all-round productivity nationwide

Ultimately this is what it boils down to.

Also, I'm not sure why everyone is trading blames and calling one LGA and another State names when this is an Orient refinery operation, and we know that it is the FG's responsibility as far as determining oil producing states.

1 Like

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by bestview: 8:36am On Apr 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

I don't think that the statement from Aguleri/Anambra (per this news) came out of the blue.

Ask that thing, who claim to be from Anambra
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 10, 2013
thoth:
It really does not interest me who started the brawl , what concerns me is the psychological impact on the unity of the Igbo nation, the efficiency which it grants the opportunist to blow the notion of anambara or enugu to achieve their selfish goal and sustaining that mindset if it assures more profit. A larger sense of being a minority is already being created by the Kogis on Anambara Igala(Innoma,nzam etc) and these people no longer feel at home since their sense of royalty is now questioned by both sides, whatever becomes the outcome these events would shape the perception of the constituting inhabitants of that area and would largely affect their decision or policies on future events and loyalties as well.
Igbo nation is expecting a decisive event in the future and these little events is what will shape and define their capability and also ability attain their objectives in such theater.
These considerations shapes national policies and igbos still don't see themselves as a nation. They all have forgotten the strategic importance of Idah during the civil war and none has learned nothing. Honestly i would love to witness the Igbo nation fail again, this time woefully.

Are you saying this as an Igbo out of concern for Igbos?

Not exactly sure why you want the Igbo nation to fail woefully.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by thoth: 8:42am On Apr 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

Are you saying this as an Igbo out of concern for Igbos?

Not exactly sure why you want the Igbo nation to fail woefully.
because from contemporary studies quasi nations like igbo nation can not learn from one mistake, they need to really suffer to learn. The black man and in this case the igbo man does not think or plan for the future(pre civil war igbos are an exception) i am igbo.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by brownlord: 8:43am On Apr 10, 2013
My Mouth:

Please go and read your history about the igala people and you will discover they are not to be taken lightly when it comes to war.

All of u talking abt war here r stupid, so u want to use a war fought during the the time of adam and eve, where stick and cutlass where use and spreheaded by some palm wine drinking youth, to judge in this 21st century when u hv all manners of sophisticated weapons, with divers cult group where the state or town wit the highest number of youth rugged and fraustrated youth has the upper hand, my friend make una go sitdown, i sabi say una never play tools before, who sabi shut gun among all of una "animals" wen dey yan dirty here?
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 10, 2013
thoth:
because from contemporary studies quasi nations like igbo nation can not learn from one mistake, they need to really suffer to learn. The black man and in this case the igbo man does not think or plan for the future(pre civil war igbos are an exception) i am igbo.

OK...exactly what do you expect "igbos" to do in this scenario to exhibit better thinking or planning skills?

The two relevant parties here are orient refinery and the FG.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Jerry602(m): 8:45am On Apr 10, 2013
Tupso: You are just good in Propaganda......that was how Hitler also Ojukwu won the war. you only know about your greedy and criminal people. Do you know anything about the Igala people and war? find out about the Igala and Ibaji in particular and you will keep quiet Aguleri times 100 would not stand the smallest village in Ibaji find out before you run your mouth.....
yes let him go n confirm den l believe he wil ve a change of mind.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Ozonna(m): 8:47am On Apr 10, 2013
thoth:

Igbos fail Unfortunately for you Sir you shall not See it neither will your descendants 50 generation witness it happen. Rather you'll witness its continous Elevation. By God's grace no Aguleri blood will be spilled by any enugu man and vice versa as a result of this oil well dispute. As for the Igalas, it shall be settled amicably in no distant future.

1 Like

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by thoth: 8:55am On Apr 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

OK...exactly what do you expect "igbos" to do in this scenario to exhibit better thinking or planning skills?

It is more deeper than that, proper strategic thinking with a pre-emptive factor if implemented collectively will not only benefit the Igbo nation but will make events turn out in their favor when the next 'Big Thing' comes since the interest of people in those areas will be aligned with the interest of the igbos without them feeling used.
I said it was deeper than that because on the igbo side it is composed of elites using the ignorant masses to attain their selfish interests. On the Kogi side it is entirely a different story.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by thoth: 8:56am On Apr 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

It is more deeper than that, proper strategic thinking with a pre-emptive factor is implemented collectively will not only benefit the Igbo nation but will make events turn out in their favor when the next 'Big Thing' since people the interest of people in those areas will be aligned with the interest of the igbos without them feeling used.
I said it was deeper than that because on the igbo side it is composed of elites using the ignorant masses to attain their selfish interests. On the Kogi side it is entirely a different story.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by guruobinna: 9:02am On Apr 10, 2013
Minor segment: anu mpama
That your name calling "anu mpama" should be directed to your Igwe Alex Edozieuno for trying to incite hatred between Anambra & Enugu states. Even when Enugu state has not said anything to warrant that
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by zellyholly: 9:02am On Apr 10, 2013
I warn aguleri pple nt to engage war with the ibaji pple because ibaji people are powerful and ther can go to an extreme end to make sure that ther defeat the opposite rival. Ask attah igala and he will tell u d history of ibaji.. for d anambara pple stay away from dat land because their are trying to use force to harvest from somebody land.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 10, 2013
thoth:
It is more deeper than that, proper strategic thinking with a pre-emptive factor is implemented collectively will not only benefit the Igbo nation but will make events turn out in their favor when the next 'Big Thing' since people the interest of people in those areas will be aligned with the interest of the igbos without them feeling used.

The issue is that Igbo vs. Kogi should not even come up at all in this scenario. The fault lies on whoever first decided to (foolishly) make this a boundary/ethnic issue.

Again, the rights to drill the oil was purchased by a private company that happened to drill on the Aguleri side of the fence. Kogi state is not awarded an oil producing state courtesy of the FG.

I believe someone else mentioned that if this deal was pursued and executed by a foreign oil company, nobody would even blink an eyelid.

2 Likes

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Ikology(m): 9:09am On Apr 10, 2013
bestview:

Taa! go and sit in the poo. Who dash you Anambra citizen? You better go back to your caves in kogi or be ready to face the wrath of Anambrans. Imagine a foolish wannebee
Boy be reasonable, there are Igalas in Enugu and Anambra States
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by vanstanzy(m): 9:28am On Apr 10, 2013
Nightshift: Aguleri people are certainly not the only war-loving clan in Igboland. The mid 90s war with their neighbours Umuleri shouldn't be the only yardstick used in measuring their expertise in the art of war. How many Aguleri people joined or fought in the Biafran army? I've never heard about any notable member of Nigerian Army from Aguleri either.

The bolded above might be true. But that doesn't change the fact that they are war-mongers. I just pity these other less agile sides that want to fight a lost battle.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by vanstanzy(m): 9:31am On Apr 10, 2013
ZUBY77:

Yea, United States will soon hire Aguleri to defeat North Korea

Ok, now u're being cynical. smiley smiley But, who cares?
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by thoth: 9:37am On Apr 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

The issue is that Igbo vs. Kogi should not even come up at all in this scenario. The fault lies on whoever first decided to (foolishly) make this a boundary/ethnic issue.

Again, the rights to drill the oil was purchased by a private company that happened to drill on the Aguleri side of the fence. Kogi state is not awarded an oil producing state courtesy of the FG.

I believe someone else mentioned that if this deal was pursued and executed by a foreign oil company, nobody would even blink an eyelid.

which side the oil is drilled does not make any sense to whomever the aggressor is, believe me the allocation is what matters most. The masses will be here talking about whose land the oil is on and fighting nonsensical wars while the elites will be discussing how to share the money to appease each other. Once the elites settles and agrees who gets what they will come out and calm the masses, gives them some silly conclusion and everybody gets back to work and they face their new pot of gold. We are a hopeless people i tell you.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by thoth: 9:41am On Apr 10, 2013
The oil company even though owned by anambrarians is ready to play ball with anybody that benefits them most.
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by bestview: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2013
thoth: The oil company even though owned by anambrarians is ready to play ball with anybody that benefits them most.

You are really not making any sense. No wonder Nnenna left you in your illusions. Anambra people are hardworking and established people already, we are not known to be cowards and lazy people. Before oil was found in Anambra, we Anambrans have been living large. Tell that your tales to your kogi lazy people, who is fighting a lost battle.

The good thing is that the Oil Company and the Refinery is owned 100% by Anambra state and its people. We explore the oil, refine and sale it. Create the wealth, create employment for our people and advance our economy. This practice is different from what is obtained in Niger Delta where foreigners are in charge.

1 Like

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by ak47mann(m): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2013
Illiterate kogi people fighting a lost battle,oil is being exploited in ananmbra basin for the past 9months while illiterate jealousy kogi are running around chanting burning down one or two houses in aguleri. When aguleri is ready they will go back and re-open there armory warehouse,AK's, bombs grenades and rockers launchers etc and teach the illiterates parasites a lesson...fulani herdsmen that kills them on a daily basis will be nothing when aguleri start........... cool

1 Like

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by ak47mann(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2013
mu2sa2: If u ar on ur own u will destroy urselves.D defeat of biafra was a blessing for the igbo. If ojukwu had had his way ndigbo would hav destroyed themselves by themselves.
you are very stupid,so living with cannibalistic middle-beltans, the other day, they were eating fulani meat while pushing it down with cold sweaty fanta and you think your linage will ever have peace? una never see anything yet....

1 Like

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by bundes: 10:46am On Apr 10, 2013
just laughing at all this bombonclat playing with igala people please read their history very good befor making a mistake that will wipe you all from this planet am igala not bragging just sounding a warning
Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 10, 2013
ndiofeajoka:

Look at this wawa goat. You only find your voice when it is fellow Igbo. If it is other tribe now, you will run away.
How many of your Enugu people sef fight for Igbo cause? You only fight fellow Igbos. Anumanu.

l would rather not engage you since you sound utterly s.tupid.

The attention you crave, I will not grant you because if I eventually did, believe me, this thread may not be able to contain both of us.

By the way, the wawa people are moving on while you lot engage in your favorite pastime, chest beating and noise.

Carry on.

3 Likes

Re: Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts by ZUBY77(m): 10:53am On Apr 10, 2013
AT THE END OF THE DAY, NIGERIA IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE ITS BORDERS BECAUSE OF OIL.

IF ANY OIL WELL IS IN ANAMBRA, IT WILL REMAIN THERE BUT EVERY STATE HAS THE RIGHT TO FIGHT FOR WHAT IS WITHING ITS BORDERS.

PLATEAU STATE CAN BUILD A REFINERY BUT THEY CANNOT CLAIM OIL WELLS IN KANO STATE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report / Buhari, Baru Have Made NNPC Worse: PUNCH / Governor Okowa And Obasanjo In Closed-Door Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.