Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? (12102 Views)

How To Become Emotionally Strong / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by SisiKill1: 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2013
Agency4homes:
i suspect you are a woman.
Pataki? A woman?!! cheesy

Tee hee hee. . .they don't come more manly than him, so no he is not a woman, just a very sensible person (hmm, maybe he is a woman after all tongue )

2 Likes

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
You would hear things like the way to have a happy family is to make a woman happy

So what would make the man happy or his happiness doesnt count?
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
dayokanu: You would hear things like the way to have a happy family is to make a woman happy

You already gave the answer above. Making the woman happy! tongue

On a serious note, which do you hear or see more of in our society? The key to a happy family is for a man to make the woman happy or or for a woman to make the man happy? Or do you just want to pretend not to know the truth?
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
chief batiatus: Any relationship where the difference either in looks, wealth, status is too wide often leads to this kind of thing, most guys love to go all the wat to woo and win a beauty quenn far beyond their level, often times you see that guy struggling to keep up. I have a neighbour that thought life would be blissful after marrying his queen of a wife, the guy has been broke since their marriage almost 2 yrs ago, he runs his gen round the clock, plays nice guy with all the ladies relatives, scale-up his lifestyle all in the bid to meet up with this beautiful lady. While I do not have anything against beautiful ladies/guys, I see no reason why anyone should go way out of his league because water always finds its level.
The next reason for this behaviour in nija girls is the sheer stupidityy of the menfolk, most guys have it written in their DNA that a guy must 'suffer' to get a worthy babe so the ladies simply assist your suffering. Most guys are born to feel that the rship benefits only the man and as such he must 'suffer' for it to work. This is one of the useless falsehoods endemic in our society and its only possible in ignorant societies like our's. Even guys that have too much to offer to women still get caught up in this because of its prevalence.
So its all caused by us men and our ignorance. I knew one guy in the university then, he never toasted any girl in 100 to 400 level and the girls use to poke fun at him (in his back) that he was pretending and that he will soon capitulate. The guy never capitulated and I tell you by his 5th year every girl in my faculty were throwing themselves shameleSsly at him. Nigerian girls pretend and carry on with their falsehoods because the guys deserve it from their behavior

1 000 000 000 likes.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
dayokanu: You would hear things like the way to have a happy family is to make a woman happy

now someone gets my point too.
who will make the man happy? By slaving away at the feet of his woman?
Yeye don rotten, e dey smell

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by biolabee(m): 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
now getting steamy

Who will please the man

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by armyofone(m): 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
the guy/himself, shebi he is the "proverbial head" of the house and the woman the tail (many women have to fight to be the neck)

biolabee: now getting steamy

Who will please the man
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
At poster: abegi!!! Wetin dat one mean? Emotionally selfish, wetin dat thing mean sef? WeLl, i guess since she hasn't been selfish wen dεγ wia friends of benefits (if dεγ wia), she decided that he has to up his game a lil if she is to continue being d way she is/was wceva. Me, if ‎you want My emotiion, ‎you gotta pick up d pace. It isn't every time that i wanna be everywia. That's just My wierd mind working sha.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by biolabee(m): 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
armyofone: the guy/himself, shebi he is the "proverbial head" of the house and the woman the tail (many women have to fight to be the neck)

Lol. But men should not please themselves o grin
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by loswhite(m): 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
Pataki:

First of all, being a king is not just all about servitude and waiting to be pleased. Being a king/man is more importantly about making her happy at all times. If a man is not ready to give everything to make a woman happy, such a man is not ready for a lasting and loving relationship.

Secondly, women are not emotionally selfish. In fact, women express their emotions and feelings far better than men do. A woman does not know how to hide her feelings in most cases. They are the most easy to read object in this world if you are truly in a relationship.

Thirdly, let to appreciate that changes are bound to occur in a relationship. And only an open man will accept that come what may happen in a relationship, he would love his woman selflessly and maintain a loving communication flow with her. Simply because when all chips are down emotionally......you would know how to turn you woman back on to the first love you saw in her.
height of selfishness
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by loswhite(m): 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
mawuqueyan:
It baffles me too Ooº°˚ ˚°ºo...buh wt dt point pataki made,ℓ̊ believe there's stil hope for sum1 lyk me evn doe ℓ̊ av my not too gud xter buh if ℓ̊ find a guy who reasons lyk ds, changing for d best Ȋ̝̊̅§ inevitable.
easier said
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Pataki: 11:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
Baba Oyo:
now someone gets my point too.
who will make the man happy? By slaving away at the feet of his woman?
Yeye don rotten, e dey smell

What do you mean by slaving away? Have you ever had a woman crying (I mean literally crying) into your ears all night? Does that make you happy?

Do you think when a woman runs up and down for a man in the house is what brings satisfaction and true happiness to a woman? I have witnessed older generation men waiting for their wife to bring their food to the table and be served like lord of the manor, and waiting for the woman to come and clear the plates after they have finished eating. And yet these men pummel or emotionally torture their wives at the slightest provocation! And yet we wonder why women are emotionally selfish.

A true relationship is NOT about you. It is about US. Two becoming one. Her emotional feeling becoming yours to understand, love, appreciate and cherish.

I had a cultural shock when I visited an elderly couple in Nigeria and I saw the husband sitting like a chief ordering his wife around for food. She was sweating like mad cow, and yet this man could not be bothered. I wonder how such a woman can be happy emotionally and confide in her man when all day she has been running up and down the house like a servant for him!

2 Likes

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Pataki: 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
loswhite: height of selfishness

That is surely your opinion. Even though it does not make any sense to me. But you are entitled to what suits your idiosyncracy.

nenergy:
Very laughable. You can easily read a woman only when she allows you to. Why do you think men have a had time understanding them?
You sound naive. You expect a woman to open to you on a platter of gold huh? Every woman has her insecurities. Once you are able to make her feel secured within her insecurities, she opens up. Men are often times never patient with a lady. Once a guy wants a lady, she just immediately has to open up. And when she does bulge to your request, guys automatically think she is forming and being emotionally selfish...bla bla bla. In the real world, it does not work that way! At least, I speak from my experiences.

Agency4homes:
i suspect you are a woman.
LOL!!! cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by SisiKill1: 11:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
I don't want to believe Baba Oyo thinks a man doing stuff for his woman is slaving.

Nah. ...Baba Oyo is too enlightened for that.

Right Baba Rere? smiley
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by dayokanu(m): 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
Pataki:

What do you mean by slaving away? Have you ever had a woman crying (I mean literally crying) into your ears all night? Does that make you happy?

Do you think when a woman runs up and down for a man in the house is what brings satisfaction and true happiness to a woman? I have witnessed older generation men waiting for their wife to bring their food to the table and be served like lord of the manor, and waiting for the woman to come and clear the plates after they have finished eating. And yet these men pummel or emotionally torture their wives at the slightest provocation! And yet we wonder why women are emotionally selfish.

A true relationship is NOT about you. It is about US. Two becoming one. Her emotional feeling becoming yours to understand, love, appreciate and cherish.

I had a cultural shock when I visited an elderly couple in Nigeria and I saw the husband sitting like a chief ordering his wife around for food. She was sweating like mad cow, and yet this man could not be bothered. I wonder how such a woman can be happy emotionally and confide in her man when all day she has been running up and down the house like a servant for him!

So what is the solution?

Is it for the man to start slaving to please the woman or for both to strive to please the other?
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Pataki: 11:30pm On Apr 08, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I don't want to believe Baba Oyo thinks a man doing stuff for his woman is slaving.

Right Baba Rere? smiley

I was shocked earlier when I read that his comment. But somehow I feel he is just playing the devil's advocate with this topic.

Aal Izz Well. cheesy
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by biolabee(m): 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
dayokanu:

So what is the solution?

Is it for the man to start slaving to please the woman or for both to strive to please the other?

GBAM!!
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Pataki: 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
dayokanu:

So what is the solution?

Firstly, the term "slaving" in a relationship is dehumanising to whichever gender it is applied upon. And oh yes, let us not deceive ourselves especially in Nigeria, it is the women who are mostly slaving away!!!

To answer your question, it is a give and take process in a relationship. If you don't want an emotionally selfish lady, then start treating her the same way you would treat yourself!
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by dayokanu(m): 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
If ones side job is to make the other side happy without consideration for his own happiness then its no way different from slavery. Slaves make masters Happy, Masters dont care about whatever makes slaves happy or it isnt important if Slaves are happy or not as long as masters are happy

Pataki:

First of all, being a king is not just all about servitude and waiting to be pleased. Being a king/man is more importantly about making her happy at all times. If a man is not ready to give everything to make a woman happy, such a man is not ready for a lasting and loving relationship.

Secondly, women are not emotionally selfish. In fact, women express their emotions and feelings far better than men do. A woman does not know how to hide her feelings in most cases. They are the most easy to read object in this world if you are truly in a relationship.

Thirdly, let to appreciate that changes are bound to occur in a relationship. And only an open man will accept that come what may happen in a relationship, he would love his woman selflessly and maintain a loving communication flow with her. Simply because when all chips are down emotionally......you would know how to turn you woman back on to the first love you saw in her.

This was your first post it only states that a man needs to be ready to give everything to make a woman happy and never stated that women have any responsibility in making their partner happy

So if a mans job is to make a woman happy, Who now makes the man happy?

2 Likes

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by eeewise(m): 11:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
When i read how shallow some nigerians think am forced to comment......@op ..are u a learner?SHE IS NOT JUST INTO HIM.#anytin outside this is plenty stories
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Pataki: 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
dayokanu: If ones side job is to make the other side happy without consideration for his own happiness then its no way different from slavery. Slaves make masters Happy, Masters dont care about whatever makes slaves happy or it isnt important if Slaves are happy or not as long as masters are happy

This was your first post it only states that a man needs to be ready to give everything to make a woman happy and never stated that women have any responsibility in making their partner happy

LOL!

Does a nagging, crying woman make you happy or sad?

The simple truth is that: make her happy and satisfied, and watch her move mountains and hills even to the point of sheer stupidity just to see her man satisfied!
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by dayokanu(m): 11:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
Pataki: LOL!

Does a nagging, crying woman make you happy or sad?

The simple truth is that: make her happy and satisfied, and watch her move mountains and hills even to the point of sheer stupidity just to see her man satisfied!

Does a sad man make a woman happy? The same thing can be said about a woman, Women make men happy and he would do anything for you, Empty his account, even take bullet for you like jack did in Titanic.

So the key to a man being happy is to make a woman happy. If you dont make a woman happy theres no way you can be happy

I think thats as self centered as any opinion can get

Isnt that what this thread is about? Being emotionally selfish

How about both give to make the other side happy? Thats too much to ask from selfish people i guess

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 09, 2013
Apparently, my english teacher did not do a good job as I don't understand the meaning of this "emotional selfishness".
But to the incidence the op explained, it's simple enough! The lady does not like him that way. Some friendships are not even meant to be mingled with romance aaaaatttt aaaaaallllllll and it's like that friendship is one of them.

Pataki, are you double wink wink grin grin
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by armyofone(m): 2:33am On Apr 09, 2013
o da be pe Pataki took a certification program class on how to please ya lady, or he has been "schooled" or in love with a chic that has clocked some side of his brain to match 21st century style. Whatever the case may be, it a brave new world grin kudos jare omo iya.

dayo, continue your imaginary money war against women. Someday a nice chic will turn your own side of the brain.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Pataki: 8:00am On Apr 09, 2013
alutacontinua:

Pataki, are you double wink wink grin grin

My double is saying hi to you. wink

armyofone: o da be pe Pataki took a certification program class on how to please ya lady, or he has been "schooled" or in love with a chic that has clocked some side of his brain to match 21st century style. Whatever the case may be, it a brave new world grin kudos jare omo iya.

dayo, continue your imaginary money war against women. Someday a nice chic will turn your own side of the brain.

Hauwa omoge to-rewa, where have you been hiding?!
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by bukatyne(f): 9:16am On Apr 09, 2013
dayokanu: If ones side job is to make the other side happy without consideration for his own happiness then its no way different from slavery. Slaves make masters Happy, Masters dont care about whatever makes slaves happy or it isnt important if Slaves are happy or not as long as masters are happy

Hi Dayo,

I had this revelation last year...

The love of a man makes a woman blossom and the woman takes care of the man to make him blossom too. kiss
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by usermane(m): 9:43am On Apr 09, 2013
Blame the society and media for this rot in relationship division. Unconsciously/consciously, boys/girls mirror the demonstration of male/female xters respectively in stories from tv,movies,music lyrics etc when they attain adulthood.
Our nollywood movies for case study are full of same old clichè: He has to ask her out, arrange d dates,proposes, makes all the phonecalls and even in marriage he initiates everything evn as simple as a kiss. Nvr in nollywood would u see admirable female leads, role models for young girls play a more emotionally selfless role by making more of the moves to show her true love for the love interest. This sends a message, telling young girls or women to be more and more passive and not open with their feelings for their guys, be he husband or boyfriend. Evn in hollywood, movies with assertive, emotionally selfless actress in a relationship are as rare as a hen 's tooth. It is no strange therefore why men continue to complain that "she doesnt call me,she always give me a cold shoulder,she nvr hug or kiss me first, nor try to make me laugh,she hates me despite what i do for her"whether am worried or not, she doesnt care". Yet u might be surprised she doesnt want to dissolve the relationship. So long guys, so long a search for affection.
We r made to believe women need love/affection and should be loved,pampered and worshipped. While we r made to believe that men need no love/care and are good with rejection and lovelessness simply because they are emotionless or with no feelings.
But to hell with these sick beliefs, media,society or culture. Women inspite of all these are aware of this emotional injustice they deliver to men and can do something positive about it, but would rather stick with the current trend since with it, they have everything to their advantage,seem to even enjoy it and find it much easier to let him do all the work than help him out with it.
A lot of men (mostly traditional men) are fine with emotionally selfish women but for me i have a different problem. Emotionally selfish women dont work for me,u can name whatever she 's got. Women, not only u need love, oh yeah, some guys do.

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 09, 2013
Patakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. May you live long, may your koboko knack am score goal with the right woman, may your parents reap the fruit of their labor, may you marry my cousin ni oruko Jesu kristi, Amin, Amin, Amin ooooooooo.

grin

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by kemifemi: 10:40am On Apr 09, 2013
Pataki:

You just described how my friend's husband treats her. She don suffer no b small.
Got to a point I couldn't stand it, I had to stop visiting her.
The only thing her husband wants from her is food and sex. No intimate conversation, he believes his wife is a dunce. Infact, I pity her no be small.He can't fill her emotionally cup.
He can't support her when she's sick or needs support.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by mawuqueyan(f): 11:48am On Apr 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I don't want to believe Baba Oyo thinks a man doing stuff for his woman is slaving.

Right Baba Rere? smiley
Aaah, ℓ̊ trust baba oyo....he won't think dt way abi undecided undecided
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by mawuqueyan(f): 11:51am On Apr 09, 2013
jennykadry: Patakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. May you live long, may your koboko knack am score goal with the right woman, may your parents reap the fruit of their labor, may you marry my cousin ni oruko Jesu kristi, Amin, Amin, Amin ooooooooo.

grin
Anty jenny,pataki don marry O grin grin
Amen †̥☺ odas.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
Pataki:

My double is saying hi to you. wink

Say hi to her too... angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Mothers Better Parents Than Fathers?. / Please How Do I Stop This / Right Handedness VS Left Handedness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.