Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? (12100 Views)

How To Become Emotionally Strong / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by coogar: 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2013
armyofone: o da be pe Pataki took a certification program class on how to please ya lady, or he has been "schooled" or in love with a chic that has clocked some side of his brain to match 21st century style. Whatever the case may be, it a brave new world grin kudos jare omo iya.

certification program my white butt.....
what you see right there in pataki is the result of pineapple-juice induced öral sex. story would soon change when she stops pleasing pataki on a nightly basis.

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by webizone(m): 11:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
Busy_body: As far as Tunde and Wumi's case is concerned, something might have happened to trigger the onset of Wumi's decline into that pathetic state...

As for the rest of your post, it's mainly due to the ways people have been raised these days... For the male of the Nigerian specie, it's about getting money from "anywhere", otherwise you cannot put a ring on "anything", and as for the females, it's about getting that ring from "anywhere", at all cost... So there is no longer any need for careful research or due diligence, because everyone is in a race to "belong" cool

Finally someone gets it! 'My husband doesn't love me anymore and he beats me.' This is why.

So what you deem "selfish" is infact "preventative measures or buffer", which is used as a cushioning effect by ladies for the future, in case their needs to be a safe-landing of some sorts...
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 4:01am On Apr 10, 2013
coogar:

certification program my white butt.....
what you see right there in pataki is the result of pineapple-juice induced öral sex. story would soon change when she stops pleasing pataki on a nightly basis.

Lol @ pineapple juice tinz..................................Pataki is an original "woman wrapper" ........an intelligent one though !!!!

Oko Omoge
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 6:02am On Apr 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by horny4u(f): 6:04pm On May 06, 2013
Baba Oyo:
hahaha. .....Vikin the Kings Kid......where make i put my darling iya Junior? Lolllll.
Well i believe through out a man's life he would av met at least one woman who just doesn't want to give emotionally except just being at the receiving end. its only the guy who mmakes the calls, only him suggest dates, he is the one double checking if she is okay. its so unfair to these young guys. but i agree there are correct women out there who are up to the task.
Eni to ba se n'idi pepe gbodo je ni'idi pepe o

I am exactly like this...I play with my male friends n will ask them to hang out but if I am dating someone I become the woman and he the man ( chaser). He will organise everything from phone calls ( I pick 2 out of every 3 and I donot reply text msgs except related to a date)especially when I like a guy very much.

It creates longing in a man, it makes him angry and wonder where I am and what I am doing....in fact na me dey hin mind through out...before you know it while he complains I have built my skyscapper in his mind...but I mke sure tht during dates I am lots of fun so he knows if he wnts to be with me...he will have to ask for a saturday date by wednesdy or else nothing dey...( note its not easy for me at all becos I m falling for the guy gan ni)after 3- 6 months of this ...I begin to reduce the torture on him small small...anyway how many times have you heard a man say my wife showed me gan but its all good I love her.

Men value wht they work hard for...in igbo land they make them pay, some other tribes they beat them black and blue....I just use this method to evaluate his seriousness...afterall when he wifes me I will be taking care of him and our kids for the rest of my life.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by coogar: 6:11pm On May 06, 2013
you make men chase you for 3-6 months before you reduce the torture? you must be beyonce's lost sibling. i am sure you must have lost dozens of good men while you were playing hard to get.

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:31pm On May 06, 2013
Baba Oyo: My family-landers......i want to share some experience with you and would like you to discuss how you feel about it.
Tunde and Wumi were very good friends back from the hood. they later fell in love and became inseparable. Prior to them falling in love, Wumi was a carefree and playful girl.....she will say anything and do whatever she wants with Tunde and he doesn't make her feel "anyhow" about it. she was quite free with him.

As their friendship transformed into love, Tunde noticed some changes over time with her behaviour. Wumi became mellow.......not so daring anymore and a bit cold.

He noticed he had to do "everything" to keep the relationship fun and lively. She was not bringing all her "swags" and aura into the relationship. He had to suggest everything, had to be the one buying the gifts, the only one trying to make her happy, doing most of the calling, initiating the visits and all other fun things. He was surprised Wumi had gotten so laid back and he felt angry after a while. he believed she was being emotionally selfish. Had he not known her prior to them dating he could excuse her as just been a melancholy.

Now, my thoughts, do most women believe the man has to do it all in a relationship while they receive it all? Now we are not talking about money here but emotions. Is it the man that must make you happy, take you out all the time, give you great se.x, buy you gifts, throw you birthday bash, and still remain faithful? Will it be too much to give your man something to keep running back home ro? will making him feel like a king diminish ur feminity?

Why will all the weight of the relationship be on the man? Is that not being selfish? Lemme have ur opinion folks!!!!

Thatz being selfish and acting all spoilt. Tunde should have called her bluff after trying for too long.

Life is all about give and take. And if u say u love someone, u should be willing to give of urself and go d extra mile to please ur partner. If 2 of u have that mentality, none of u will be emotionally drained.

Having said that, women generally are emotional and attention lovers. So, d guys should be willing to spoil us. grin

Sorry, I'm joining d convo late.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by biolabee(m): 8:11pm On May 06, 2013
horny4u:

I am exactly like this...I play with my male friends n will ask them to hang out but if I am dating someone I become the woman and he the man ( chaser). He will organise everything from phone calls ( I pick 2 out of every 3 and I donot reply text msgs except related to a date)especially when I like a guy very much.

It creates longing in a man, it makes him angry and wonder where I am and what I am doing....in fact na me dey hin mind through out...before you know it while he complains I have built my skyscapper in his mind...but I mke sure tht during dates I am lots of fun so he knows if he wnts to be with me...he will have to ask for a saturday date by wednesdy or else nothing dey...( note its not easy for me at all becos I m falling for the guy gan ni)after 3- 6 months of this ...I begin to reduce the torture on him small small...anyway how many times have you heard a man say my wife showed me gan but its all good I love her.

Men value wht they work hard for...in igbo land they make them pay, some other tribes they beat them black and blue....I just use this method to evaluate his seriousness...afterall when he wifes me I will be taking care of him and our kids for the rest of my life.

interesting insight into the typical female psyche

coogar: you make men chase you for 3-6 months before you reduce the torture? you must be beyonce's lost sibling. i am sure you must have lost dozens of good men while you were playing hard to get.

you picked this line out of my brain grin
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:33pm On May 06, 2013
biolabee:

interesting insight into the typical female psyche

That isn't typical jor, cos I'm not like dat. I actually do d opposite. grin

Except I don't dig d guy sha. Even at that, courtesy demands that u reply when someone tries to reach u. Worst, u will tell him u aint interested.

I can't stand such an attitude in guys too, cos some act indifferently all in d name of being an "alphamale".
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by horny4u(f): 9:37pm On May 06, 2013
coogar: you make men chase you for 3-6 months before you reduce the torture? you must be beyonce's lost sibling. i am sure you must have lost dozens of good men while you were playing hard to get.

Well I am not interested in a dozen men...just that one.
Its a recruitment process he either passes the test and qualifies for the job or someone else will. If I must submit then he will hve to love me as the Lord loved the church and forgive 7 x 77

Its that simple!

That is the man I will spend the rest of my life with and bore kids with....then I better recruit well and this is my recruitment phases. The emotional selfishness is not forever but its an exam to test his " gogetterism", "nogivinguponess" and also his love for me amongst other things.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by coogar: 9:53pm On May 06, 2013
horny4u:
Well I am not interested in a dozen men...just that one.
Its a recruitment process he either passes the test and qualifies for the job or someone else will. If I must submit then he will hve to love me as the Lord loved the church and forgive 7 x 77

women get just 3 attempts from me......
the 3 attempts would be within a period of 3 days to 14 days. i have spoken to various experts and they have told me a woman knows within 5 mins if the man asking is worthy or not. so what's the delay for?

Its that simple!
That is the man I will spend the rest of my life with and bore kids with....then I better recruit well and this is my recruitment phases. The emotional selfishness is not forever but its an exam to test his " gogetterism", "nogivinguoness" and also his love for me amongst other things.

the more a woman stresses me during the chasing phase, the more grief she would get from me. it's that simple and i know plenty of men who also share this idea. nothing peeves me more than women who waste time even though it's obvious they are interested. the moment the man changes ship and go for another chic, they get hysterical and they would even brand the new chic husband snatcher.

if i really want to punish you, i would endure the 6-20 months to win your confidence and trust and then plan the mother of heartbreaks - just to hurt you back. you better change your recruitment methods. around the corner lurks one evil man that would take his pound of flesh from the mistreatment and disrespect.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by biolabee(m): 9:54pm On May 06, 2013
Tgirl4real:

That isn't typical jor, cos I'm not like dat. I actually do d opposite. grin

Except I don't dig d guy sha. Even at that, courtesy demands that u reply when someone tries to reach u. Worst, u will tell him u aint interested.

I can't stand such an attitude in guys too, cos some act indifferently all in d name of being an "alphamale".

Excellent post as always..
Me i beleieve women shd not make it too easy for the man like one of my friends who was not appreciated by her man until she left and marrried some one else however one should not make the chase the thrill
Hence some guys will now go over the other end when they finally marry u and u wil come to NL to cry again grin
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by horny4u(f): 9:57pm On May 06, 2013
coogar:

women get just 3 attempts from me......
the 3 attempts would be within a period of 3 days to 14 days. i have spoken to various experts and they have told me a woman knows within 5 mins if the man asking is worthy or not. so what's the delay for?

the more a woman stresses me during the chasing phase, the more grief she would get from me. it's that simple and i know plenty of men who also share this idea. nothing peeves me more than women who waste time even though it's obvious they are interested. the moment the man changes ship and go for another chic, they get hysterical and they would even brand the new chic husband snatcher.

if i really want to punish you, i would endure the 6-20 months to win your confidence and trust and then plan the mother of heartbreaks - just to hurt you back. you better change your recruitment methods. around the corner lurks one evil man that would take his pound of flesh from the mistreatment and disrespect.

I hear you but my method sticks. Thanks though
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:04pm On May 06, 2013
biolabee:

Me i beleieve women shd not make it too easy for the man like one of my friends who was not appreciated by her man until she left and marrried some one else however one should not make the chase the thrill
Hence some guys will now go over the other end when they finally marry u and u wil come to NL to cry again grin

Lol

But there is no rule that says playing hard to get will make him love or respect u more. The case u mentioned could have gone otherwise.

Like Coogar said, I know a guy I 'can' date in mins and I know the one I will date (all things being equal) within a few hours to a few days of interracting with him.

If I stress u, it means sum'n isn't just right somewhere, maybe I couldn't just figure it out early enough (I know better now sha grin ), but if we ended up dating, I'll surely break it off later on.

So, it's better I don't start it at all.

Like the popular Yoruba adage, what u won't eat, u don't mess around with it. grin

4 Likes

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:06pm On May 06, 2013
biolabee:

Thanks BTW... cool
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by biolabee(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Lol

But there is no rule that says playing hard to get will make him love or respect u more. The case u mentioned could have gone otherwise.

Like Coogar said, I know a guy I 'can' date in mins and I know the one I will date (all things being equal) within a few hours to a few days of interracting with him.

If I stress u, it means sum'n isn't just right somewhere, maybe I couldn't just figure it out early enough (I know better now sha grin ), but if we ended up dating, I'll surely break it off later on.

Like the popular Yoruba adage, what u won't eat, u don't mess around with it. grin

hmm.. deep!

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by coogar: 10:21pm On May 06, 2013
Tgirl4real:
Lol

4 Likes

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by biolabee(m): 10:25pm On May 06, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Thanks BTW... cool
coogar:

10 gbosa for Tgirl and 15 shon sir for coogars gifs...
cheesy
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by RoyalRoy(m): 2:37am On May 07, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Lol

You are one rare chic....help me tell them abeg....i guess loads of ladies still believe in that nonsense of stretching a guys limit, atimes when they categorically know there is no chance with him. Why not let go.

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Afam4eva(m): 7:46am On May 08, 2013
uch90: This is a clear case of pretence, its obvious the character she portrayed earliar was all fake, now she has gotten what she wanted and showing off her real colour,the guy should trace her back from her background, did she came from a troubled home nd needed to escape from this family through marriage, was she desperate with marriage during friendship, hw about her previous boyfriends has she been in love at any point, more so from the guy side is there something he hid from her only for her to discover after marriage? hw well is she getting with his family members, did his family opposed this marriage at any point? If none of this is true summon her nd let her know ur feeling.
Do't forget that they were regular friends for a long tim and there's no way she could've been faking it. I think she deviated. From her real character because she felt that as the leader in the relationship, she deserves all the love. I won't discount presure from her friends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please How Do I Stop This / 106 Male Parents Fled Home In Gombe Over High Cost Of Living In 2023 - NHRC / Right Handedness VS Left Handedness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.