Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,259 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, (13784 Views)

Steer Clear Of My Charity, Kingsley Kuku Tells EFCC / PDP Warns Nigerians To Disregard Results On Social Media / Members Warned To Steer Clear Of MASSOB Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by dedons: 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
miqos02: THE national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has warned the national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Senator Bola Tinubu, to steer clear of PDP’s internal affairs and “focus on salvaging his fast crumbling political empire.”

“PDP is angry at the tendency of Tinubu to constantly comment on issues that are internal to the ruling party,” the party said.

Reacting to the criticism of the formation of the PDP Governors Forum (PDPGF) by the former Lagos State governor, the National Publicity Secretary of PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh, in a statement issued in Abuja, questioned the motive of Senator Tinubu in the alleged disparaging comments he made against the emergence of the PDPGF.

PDP observed that the ACN’s remarks went against the constitutionally guaranteed freedom of association.

It said: “Since the inception of the current democratic dispensation, governors have had several groups where they meet to aggregate their common interests. We have governors of the ACN always meeting.

“We also have groups like the Northern Governors Forum, SouthEast Governors Forum, South South Governors Forum and so on. What is the idea behind Tinubu’s attack on the PDPGF? It goes to show the absence of democratic tenets in him for him to attempt to prevent Nigerian citizens from associating with one another.”

The PDP also questioned the democratic credentials of Senator Tinubu, saying, “his dictatorial tendencies and his nepotistic disposition are responsible for the intractable crisis within the ACN.”

The ruling party added: “Senator Tinubu is the least qualified to question any meeting of like minds where decisions are taken based on sound debates and objective reasoning. He is used to ruling a small association on impulse where his word is law. He cannot, therefore, offer any useful advice on how a mega democratic association like the PDP should be organised.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/8998-steer-clear-of-our-affairs-pdp-warns-tinubu
i'm hungrt joor
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by gratiaeo(m): 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
Make Tinubu go siddon joor! Waten de worry am self?

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by gasby79(m): 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
its game of politics,no matter what ur oppositions says u need to criticise him to make him look bad,even in the western world.
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by MrGlobe(m): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
Pataki: I am not even a fan of Tinubu, but it is quite commendable that his words ruffle the feathers of PDP.

^
lmao. you are not a fan of Tinubu? tell that to the marines. Anyways every Yoruba person is a fan of Tinubu by default
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by eldoradoxx: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
onye ego: The ruling party added: “Senator Tinubu is the least qualified to question any meeting of like minds where decisions are taken based on sound debates and objective reasoning. He is used to ruling a small association on impulse where his word is law. He cannot, therefore, offer any useful advice on how a mega democratic association like the PDP should be organised
I don't know why this is making sense to me

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by eldoradoxx: 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
onye ego: The ruling party added: “Senator Tinubu is the least qualified to question any meeting of like minds where decisions are taken based on sound debates and objective reasoning. He is used to ruling a small association on impulse where his word is law. He cannot, therefore, offer any useful advice on how a mega democratic association like the PDP should be organised
I don't know why this is making sense to me
It makes real sense my broda joor !!! Tinubu can only be relevant in SW where unknown personalities who came from relative obscurity became Governor through Asiwaju's rigging machinery and same people owe him total loyalty even when he is obviously goofing. Same man was a failure in Lagos state and it took his stooge Fashola's determined quest to redeem Lagos fromTinubus inglorious regime, to save his master's face. Politics is not a game of tribal or regional championship. Let him come to the centre let's see how popular he is outside Yoruba land.
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by MrGlobe(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
Gbawe.:
PDP running scared grin grin grin Kai, previously it was only GEJ's mad dog inner circle of Maku, Okupe, Abati, Omokri et al 'infected' with jonathanism. Now, it seems the entire PDP has really taken on the identity of GEJ. The Party is now appearing distinctly scared, insecure, paranoid, jittery and suffering from siege mentality. Won se bere ni. O ti tan fun PDP pata pata. Eni ba gbon ni inu PDP a bere si ni ma di eru re.
Hey Mr Tinubu nairaland Rep, I see you love to swim in delusion. How did a reprimand of Tinubu turn into the fear of Tinubu? Do you reprimand someone you are scared of. Better warn your paymaster to concentrate on his crumbling ACN. Governor Amosun is on his way to back to PDP while APC has failed on arrival

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by MrGlobe(m): 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
eldoradoxx: It makes real sense my broda joor !!! Tinubu can only be relevant in SW where unknown personalities who came from relative obscurity became Governor through Asiwaju's rigging machinery and same people owe him total loyalty even when he is obviously goofing. Same man was a failure in Lagos state and it took his stooge Fashola's determined quest to redeem Lagos fromTinubus inglorious regime, to save his master's face. Politics is not a game of tribal or regional championship. Let him come to the centre let's see how popular he is outside Yoruba land.
I dey laugh. Tinubu come to the center? which center? He is a tribal warlord that is why he has to reach the north, east and south to find fellow tribal warlords that will help him capture aso rock.
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by ginajet(f): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2013
gboss4sure: The truth is that Tinubu should mind his own APC and stop blaming PDP for his failures. Since they started this APC rant till now they haven't even registered the APC all they do is blaming PDP.
mind ur own biznex too by not commenting on any post again since e no concern u,, go find food chop too....

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by ddeola: 3:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
PDP leaders should be ashamed of themselves,they jeopardised the registration of the mega party now they are crying like headless chickens over someone's comments. Is Tinubu the first person to condemn the formation of the so-called PDPGF? Even party members and so many others have condemned it. So if they really have anything against Tinubu they should come out straight. As far as am concerned they and the man himself are all corrupt folks. Nigerians know the "poli-thiefians"
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by tyson55(m): 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: You are all thick as thieves. Bandits of zero repute.
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by ginajet(f): 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
Mr. Globe:

I dey laugh. Tinubu come to the center? which center? He is a tribal warlord that is why he has to reach the north, east and south to find fellow tribal warlords that will help him capture aso rock.
atlst Tinubu get loyal dogs to save him ass,, pdp no get loyal dog nii Make dem save dia master ass too na... If Tinubu fit election for Fashola to come & transform lagos,, pdp should be able to do same too na... But alias dem be pigs,, dem no fit
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by ladychoice: 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
eldoradoxx: Shouldn't Tinubu even mind his business as suggested ? There are crisis in our great party because there is where democracy is practised fully. People are allowed to air their views, disagree and then reach consensus unlike ACN, where Tinubu's words are law and nobody, not even the Governor of a state as vital to Lagos dare object to his views. Our strength as a party comes from series of disputes we have that the oppositions don't. Is it not when you can manage a huge party as PDP for 14 now that you can say you are ready to manage the greatest Black democracy in the world _ Nigeria.

Tinubu is a nigerian, he has a right to speak. Wat pdp is doing is imposing on a citizen's democratic right. He has d right to speak!
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by Gbenge77(m): 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2013
Pdp has pressed the self-destruct button,and although Tinubu is a bit dictatorial,Nigeria would still be better off under an ACN government

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by Fishout(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
dulaman: Last time i checked, PDP rules nigeria.and Tinubu is a nigerian. So he has the right to talk because Pdp decisions affect nigerians.
yes o o o o o o o.na true talk be dat o o
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by dayokanu(m): 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2013
Tinubu sneezed and the whole PDP dey panic if he actually spoke nko?

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by FrankC3: 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
The greatest mistake the present day SWners are making is reinforcing the impression that Tinubu is the leader of SW or the ACN is more like an ethnic group. It engenders the kind of feeling of isolation they are feeling now and it is not good for the national polity. The question i will ask the few reasoning Swners is this: what happens if PDP hold on to power for the next 30 years? Does it mean that they will continue following Tinubu, even if his party collapses? I want realistic answers, not some emotional outburst.

On the topic, while Tinubu is free to make comments about developments in the polity, i think he should be a little more matured about it. Day-to-day affairs of PDP should not be Tinubu's concern, rather how PDP's policies affect Nigeria. Infact, it is very foooolish of him to suggest that PDP gov forum is anything bad because it goes against a very basic principle in a democracy and an opposition leader whose party want to be seen as an alternative should not be caught stifling the spirit of democracy.

For his NL paid agents, i know you guys have a job to do and that you are always first to label other party's followers as being paid. What will happen if PDP presents a good candidate and that candidate wins Lagos State election in 2015?

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by dougivilla(m): 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
Gbawe.:

O ti tan fun PDP. Evolution cannot be denied and PDP Implosion cannot be denied. It is only a question of time.
Keep mastu.rbating, when you eja.culate, your highness would be cleared. Stop this your self destructive, self deceit trip, the earlier the better!

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by OmoTier1(m): 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
Frank-C:
The greatest mistake the present day SWners are making is reinforcing the impression that Tinubu is the leader of SW or the ACN is more like an ethnic group. It engenders the kind of feeling of isolation they are feeling now and it is not good for the national polity. The question i will ask the few reasoning Swners is this: what happens if PDP hold on to power for the next 30 years? Does it mean that they will continue following Tinubu, even if his party collapses? I want realistic answers, not some emotional outburst.

On the topic, while Tinubu is free to make comments about developments in the polity, i think he should be a little more matured about it. Day-to-day affairs of PDP should not be Tinubu's concern, rather how PDP's policies affect Nigeria. Infact, it is very foooolish of him to suggest that PDP gov forum is anything bad because it goes against a very basic principle in a democracy and an opposition leader whose party want to be seen as an alternative should not be caught stifling the spirit of democracy.

For his NL paid agents, i know you guys have a job to do and that you are always first to label other party's followers as being paid. What will happen if PDP presents a good candidate and that candidate wins Lagos State election in 2015?
Just wait until Anambra falls to opposition in 2014, all this your grammatical Akoko will amount to nothing. PDP is cursed in SW and Edo and they can never get into power unless ACN derail their development drive in that region.
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by dougivilla(m): 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
Gbenge 77: Pdp has pressed the self-destruct button,and although Tinubu is a bit dictatorial,Nigeria would still be better off under an ACN government
By the time you wake up from this particular dream, it might have been too late for you. Tinubu ko, Judas Iscariot of Nigeria ni!
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by Akpan107(m): 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
Tinubu is a very good friend to the PDP. They just want the World to think they are enemies! Tinubu indirectly supported PDP against his own party (AC now known as ACN) in 2007. Tinubu and Abasanjo are very good friend of GEJ. Former Govt of Kano State would rather vote for GEJ than to vote for BUHARI... Come 2015: GEJ have no opposition save BUHARI, and Buhari can not even win his State(Buhari lost his state in 2011 and cant see him winning in 2015). Our leaders want us to believe they are not in good term among themselves. But we the masses understand them.
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by teskyg: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2013
APC Laptop Dogs.
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by honeric01(m): 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2013
Pataki: I am not even a fan of Tinubu, but it is quite commendable that his words ruffle the feathers of PDP.

We now have 2 powerful people that sends fear into the heart of PDP

Gen Buhari
Tinubu

we need thousands more grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by israel007: 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: You are all thick as thieves. Bandits of zero repute.

You follow me come here again. Lmao

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by Symphony007: 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
Gbawe.:
PDP running scared grin grin grin Kai, previously it was only GEJ's mad dog inner circle of Maku, Okupe, Abati, Omokri et al 'infected' with jonathanism. Now, it seems the entire PDP has really taken on the identity of GEJ. The Party is now appearing distinctly scared, insecure, paranoid, jittery and suffering from siege mentality. Won se bere ni. O ti tan fun PDP pata pata. Eni ba gbon ni inu PDP a bere si ni ma di eru re.
very funny because if i were PDP i'll be so relaxed and happy at the way things are. I'm facing a disfunctiional opposition that can't even come to an aggrement on what logo to used for their merged party, talk less of articulating a manifesto or pick a presidential candidate and this is just two years before the next election with PDP still the biggest, mist popular party is nigeria. Tinubu and his cronies are just where PDP wants them. His rethorics will lead to their reelection in 2015.

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
ginajet: mind ur own biznex too by not commenting on any post again since e no concern u,, go find food chop too....

What did you smoke? Tinubu must have used your brain to eat garri because you talk so senselessly
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by Akpan107(m): 4:45pm On Apr 06, 2013
dulaman: Last time i checked, PDP rules nigeria.and Tinubu is a nigerian. So he has the right to talk because Pdp decisions affect nigerians.
Dulaman, that was the last time you checked. Now, ACN rules the South-West, save one State(Ekiti state) what are the Tinubus and co doing to better the lives of the people of that region? See, politics is not about always talking on the pages of news papers.
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by Akpan107(m): 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
honeric01:

We now have 2 powerful people that sends fear into the heart of PDP

Gen Buhari
Tinubu

we need thousands more grin
fear indeed!
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by eldoradoxx: 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2013
Akpan107: Tinubu is a very good friend to the PDP. They just want the World to think they are enemies! Tinubu indirectly supported PDP against his own party (AC now known as ACN) in 2007. Tinubu and Abasanjo are very good friend of GEJ. Former Govt of Kano State would rather vote for GEJ than to vote for BUHARI... Come 2015: GEJ have no opposition save BUHARI, and Buhari can not even win his State(Buhari lost his state in 2011 and cant see him winning in 2015). Our leaders want us to believe they are not in good term among themselves. But we the masses understand them.
This statement is very true. Many foot soldiers are here makinng noise and not even aware that these men of power do not take these quarrels personal like Nlanders do. I have been close to a guy that knows Buhari down to his house. As much as he publicly makes people believe he is not in good terms with people like iBB and Obj etc. He actually talks with these people most time and have good and decent conversation with all parties laughing at each other. Wasn't it Obj that called IBB fool at 70 and IBB fired back. Less than two months later they exchanged visits. Tinubu said all sorts of unprintable things about GEJ and PDP during 2011 campaign yet few days to elections he was flown to Abj onboard a presidential jet, the rest is now history. Didn't GEJ win with landslide in SW hotbed of opposition? So who is fooling who here?

1 Like

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by Gbawe2: 5:20pm On Apr 06, 2013
Symphony007: very funny because if i were PDP i'll be so relaxed and happy at the way things are. I'm facing a disfunctiional opposition that can't even come to an aggrement on what logo to used for their merged party, talk less of articulating a manifesto or pick a presidential candidate and this is just two years before the next election with PDP still the biggest, mist popular party is nigeria. Tinubu and his cronies are just where PDP wants them. His rethorics will lead to their reelection in 2015.

My guy. Comfort yourself as much as you like. The APC will get its act together. There is no where in the world, even in very politically sophisticated climes, you will see a merger of this scale managed without problems. Good students of world history will know that pivotal stages, perhaps different to what has been seen before, always comes with problems and challenges.

Nonetheless, pragmatic analysts will fully understand why the PDP will be afraid. This is not the 'business end'. The PDP is badly divided and Nigerians are enduring a torrid time under the Party including the deadly scourge of terrorism most now know is sponsored by the PDP. It is not rocket science to conclude Nigerians will want change after 14 years of PDP backwardness and national stagnation.

Intelligent members of the PDP will know , despite all the distractions and once the APC is up to speed, they will face some very, very popular politicians liked and respected across the Nation by all Nigerians despite the bigoted and intolerant noise made on this forum daily.

Once the APC resolve all the teething issues and begin to gather pace and momentum, then that is when you will see issues that matter i.e the business end of things. It is Nigerians themselves that said they now vote for leaders and not Party. Well let us see how the PDP will compete against a huge gathering of popular and respected undisputed good guys the APC has in far greater number than the PDP. This is the real worry for the PDP that is causing the fear they are trying to hide.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by idirect(m): 5:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
ok
Re: PDP Warns Tinubu: Steer Clear Of Our Affairs, by ROYALD(m): 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2013
ex convict TB

HEY DO YOU WANT TO GO PRISON AGAIN MIND YOUR BUSINESS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Melaye Calls For The Scrapping Of "State Of Origin" As A Political Requirement / Umahi's Cabinet Members Test Positive For Coronavirus, Governor Shuts Offices / Sokoto: PRP Collapses Party Structures, Candidates Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.