Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? (5505 Views)

Is Your Partner A Nairalander? / Giving Your Partner A Spare Key: Is It Right? / How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by OCTAVO: 8:56am On Apr 07, 2013
Hi NAIRALANDERS, smiley
Let's assume you caught your partner or spouse cheating on you, would you give him/her a second chance?
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Adufaye(m): 9:00am On Apr 07, 2013
Yeah if u stil luv him/her.....i caught my ex gf wt anoda guy,dis gal beg 4 2month i no gree,den she walk away,3month wen i knw her worth,na me go beg...nxt tin wey i hear na....its 2late...abeg giv dat person 2nd chance o

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by djeezy(m): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2013
Yeah i can and infact that's what i just did. It depends on what actually made her to cheat and if your love for her is still extant, then why not? My gf just double dated, didn't do anything sexual without the bloke. Her reason being that since i'm more of the ladies man, am gonna end up breaking up with her and she decided to have a backup. When i caught her, i applied the reasonable man's test and forgave her. She would also have forgiven me, if i was the one who cheated.
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Exponental(m): 9:06am On Apr 07, 2013
Easier for a woman to forgive than for a man........ Trust rating will definitely fall.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:07am On Apr 07, 2013
If caught -------»NO
If I hear about it---»Maybe

3 Likes

Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 07, 2013
IMO whenever cheating happens the couple does not exist anymore ,the aftermath of the cheating will make you break up anyway.
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by OCTAVO: 9:25am On Apr 07, 2013
djeezy: Yeah i can and infact that's what i just did. It depends on what actually made her to cheat and if your love for her is still extant, then why not? My gf just double dated, didn't do anything sexual without the bloke. Her reason being that since i'm more of the ladies man, am gonna end up breaking up with her and she decided to have a backup. When i caught her, i applied the reasonable man's test and forgave her. She would also have forgiven me, if i was the one who cheated.
Owkay, what I meant by cheating here is intimate affairs. Would you still accept her back if she had been intimate with some other dude?
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by djeezy(m): 9:39am On Apr 07, 2013
OCTAVO:
Owkay, what I meant by cheating here is intimate affairs. Would you still accept her back if she had been intimate with some other dude?
That's extreme, if she does that whilst our relationship is still extant and subsisting then that's the end. Howbeit, It depends on the level of intimate affair. A mere kiss without more will be excusable or a slight romance without more but upon prove of penetration, my love for her will automatically transmute to hate. Arguebly It's funny how people claim they can love and hate someone at the same time but then it's actually possible.
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by virginice: 9:55am On Apr 07, 2013
Dis is hard to say. Wat if u just got married, maybe 3yrs in marriage? Will u still say NO? Wat if u found out a day bfor ur wedding? Wat if she's pregnant for u bfor u found out? Wat if ur family already know and accept him? Well for me, I don't pray for such. If I catch him cheatin, I knw it'll b hard for me to trust him again. Dat doesnt mean I'd breakup wit him sha buh dis question is hard o.
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by dopeJemi: 10:29am On Apr 07, 2013
ULSHERLAN: If caught -------»NO
If I hear about it---»Maybe

SECONDED
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Popowaa: 1:19pm On Apr 07, 2013
No matter how the person loves you trust will reduce and a relationship without trust is better if it does not exist at all becos what is the essence if you forgive your partner and you always remind her of her infedility or you forgive her with the aim of getting back at her.if you are forgiving her it should be from your heart and accepting her without any revenge.
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by OCTAVO: 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2013
Popowaa: No matter how the person loves you trust will reduce and a relationship without trust is better if it does not exist at all becos what is the essence if you forgive your partner and you always remind her of her infedility or you forgive her with the aim of getting back at her.if you are forgiving her it should be from your heart and acceptiong her without any revenge.
You didn't answer my question Popowaa.
Let's assume you caught your partner or spouse cheating on you, would you give him/her a second chance?
Your signature is hilarious cheesy
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 07, 2013
If he confessed,that means he is really sorry,I ll fight myself to forgive but if I caught him........never!I can't forgive that.
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by BeautfulB(f): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
I'll 4give him,after all he's nat d first...but no trust sha...
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Popowaa: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
OCTAVO:
You didn't answer my question Popowaa.
if i love him very much then why not.but he must promise not do such thing again
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by virginice: 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
Careful swthrt, even God forgives buh we humans r diff sha, I pray for knowledge to understand and strength to forgive a man dat cheats on me. If u caught ur spouse after 10yrs in marriage, wud u still stick to dis ur ansa?
byvan: If he confessed,that means he is really sorry,I ll fight myself to forgive but if I caught him........never!I can't forgive that.

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Daresh(f): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2013
I forgave. I'm glad I did. But I showed him. He won't try it again.
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
virgin ice:
Careful swthrt, even God forgives buh we humans r diff sha, I pray for knowledge to understand and strength to forgive a man dat cheats on me. If u caught ur spouse after 10yrs in marriage, wud u still stick to dis ur ansa?

I cannot forgive cheating,I just don't have the capability to forgive cheating and I don't expect to be forgiven either.A man that am married to for 10yrs must have known that already or don't you think so??I can't forgive everything because am not God.
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Lordpriestley: 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
If u truely luv a gal, n she ends up cheating on u, even if u forgive her, u can never luv her like b4 again. To me , i can forgive but i t's either over or it's just a game frm then on. Learn never to luv a woman dat can cheat on u

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2013
If it's just a bf then no but if it's my husband then it becomes a bit complicated. Cheating is a no no for me but until you are faced with that decision and esp if you have kids then its not as Simply. I think i can forgive my husband but our relationship will be different due to lack of trust but if he cheats twice then i am gone.

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2013
untouchablebela: If it's just a bf then no but if it's my husband then it becomes a bit complicated. Cheating is a no no for me but until you are faced with that decision and esp if you have kids then its not as Simply. I think i can forgive my husband but our relationship will be different due to lack of trust but if he cheats twice then i am gone.

Hey you..
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
Heya, did you miss me grin
shymexx:

Hey you..
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2013
untouchablebela: Heya, did you miss me grin

Yep yep....

Come give your opinions on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1234362/south-african-wives-nigerians-protest/31
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2013
No. Every time I want to be with hence, I'll see three of us. Infidelity is the height of no no.
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by efosanice: 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2013
Giving your partner a second chance requires a lot of effort both from you and the cheating partner is question.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/02/how-to-handle-infidelity-and-adultery.html
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
U knw, as a guy, the mere imagination of the moanings and wringling of the waist, her hands tracing ma back-bone and scattering ma hair is enough for me to shoot her if i heard she's been fuckin another!
To catch them in the act is an instant kill!
No second chance unless in her reincarnation!
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by virginice: 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I laugh in spanish
SLIDE waxie: U knw, as a guy, the mere imagination of the moanings and wringling of the waist, her hands tracing ma back-bone and scattering ma hair is enough for me to shoot her if i heard she's been fuckin another!
To catch them in the act is an instant kill!
No second chance unless in her reincarnation!
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
It depends.

He should be 'sorry' enough to come and tell me himself that he cheated and apologize sincerely. If I see sincerity in him, why not

The process of forgiveness would also be easier if he cheated with someone meaningful...as in, not lyk my maid or sister or friend undecided undecided *just saying*

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by sunnyt1(m): 12:22am On Apr 08, 2013
Anyone who cheats on u once will do it 10 times, it doesnt end there o, he/she can kill u
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by babsomotde(m): 12:29am On Apr 08, 2013
Depend on a lot of factors. These are just part of it.

1. If we are married, I will forgive her and ask some questions.

2. If we are not married, i will still forgive her. I will then ask some questions and find possible solutions.
Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by 190: 12:33am On Apr 08, 2013
forgive who

i resemble JESUS for your eye

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? by friendl: 12:34am On Apr 08, 2013
No

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This A Sign That My Friend Want Me To Have Sex With Her Or Its A Red Flag / My Ex Came Around Today But I Had To Tell Her It's Truly Over (pic) / Wedding Night S.x As A Virgin:bride Shares Her Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.