Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? (7526 Views)

Is Your Partner A Nairalander? / Can You Give Your Partner A Second Chance If Caught Cheating? / Giving Your Partner A Spare Key: Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by Lacrissa: 11:52pm On May 30, 2010
Some say a week, 2 weeks, a month? What is or could be the best time frame to give him/her a break as they requested before getting together to talk or just simply move on?
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by Faher(m): 2:47am On May 31, 2010
Relationship issues have no time line, lady.
Go along with your heart, it's not the 100M dash nor the cross country race cheesy
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by Lacrissa: 2:55am On May 31, 2010
Faher:

Relationship issues have no time line, lady.
Go along with your heart, it's not the 100M dash nor the cross country race cheesy

So if your partner asks for a break and your heart decided to move on, would you just move on or give a specific time frame before deciding to move on?
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by Faher(m): 3:00am On May 31, 2010
Lacrissa:

So if your partner asks for a break and your heart decided to move on, would you just move on or give a specific time frame before deciding to move on?

You've already decided to move on, so why not do so already?
If you still have doubts, just wait a while to see what your heart says. Don't give yourself time lines.
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by deniyor: 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2010
When you take breaks, it is assumed to be temporary and there are rules that are agreed to by both parties. If there are no rules established, it is more likely a break up and break is just to let the other party down easier. In the absence of rules, and your desire to move on, then you should move on. No timelines.
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by ITgurlie(f): 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2010
think with your head and listen to your heart. wink
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by MikeLarry(m): 11:46pm On Jun 03, 2010
Someone that need a break is 80% gone. If he/she wants to be with you then no need to take a break and go and mess with someone else. which is what most breaks are for anyway, so it will not look like cheating.
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by Mudley313: 6:34am On Jun 04, 2010
a break = a break up

someone who really is in love with you will not ask for a break, unless you're okay with him/her going to test the waters, and if he/she finds someone better she moves on and leaves you waiting in vain or she cant find someone better after having others test her thingy, she comes back to your second fiddle azz

have some dignity and move on
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by oolu(m): 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2010
Move on gal. this is coming from a guy's perspective. I am in the middle of a "break" myself and I have no plans to get back. Break = 0.9 * Breakup taking it from the maths' angle. cool
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 11, 2010
a break means---am not feeling the spark with you no more, hurts but its reality. Immediately you hear the word break, take a nap relax, then start looking for someone else to fill the vaccum. It has happened to me, and i moved on. Nature abhors space thats why you are posting this topic for advise. get anoda date. Wish you the best.

i like this
Mudley313:

a break = a break up

someone who really is in love with you will not ask for a break, unless you're okay with him/her going to test the waters, and if he/she finds someone better she moves on and leaves you waiting in vain or she cant find someone better after having others test her thingy, she comes back to your second fiddle azz

have some dignity and move on
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by Osama10(m): 1:04am On Jun 11, 2010
Immediately.
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by Lacrissa: 1:09am On Jun 11, 2010
Hey guys thanks for your opinions. The break according to him was to miss me and see what it was like without me but it wasn't more than a week and it feels much stronger than before the break. He seems to want me more.
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 11, 2010
ehen, avril lavigne singing--oho oho so much for my happy ending oho oho-

watch your back!
Re: How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? by SAGoddess: 10:37am On Jun 11, 2010
Out of interest poster, how old are you?

(1) (Reply)

What's The Key To Successful Relationships? / Ladies Can You Employ This Maid,whats your reasons for or against?public opinion / Why Do Guys Enjoy Mouth Action?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.