Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,966 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians (8789 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / 8 Important Ways We Can Live in Faith As Christians. / 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Raycelove: 5:43am On Mar 03
8 important ways to grow in faith of God as Christians.

Here are 8 Important ways to grow in faith as Christians

1) You must believe in Jesus Christ as the Lord of your life and receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost

2) By abiding in God's Word and walking in a faithful relationship with God.

3) By consistently praising and giving all glory to the most high God.

4) By attending the church and the gathering of the saint to receive edification from the scripture.

5) By consistently making prayers and fastings to God by the leading of the Holy Spirit.

6) By engaging in Christian soul winning and in kingdom advancement of Christ.

7) By living in love, humility and taking responsibility over our lives for personal development and achievement.

8.) By seeking more knowledge, wisdom and having good relationship with those in grace & faith.

Amen.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Raycelove: 5:45am On Mar 03
Bible verses on growth in faith ..
Matthew 9:6-11 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

And he arose, and departed to his house.

But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.

And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.

And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

Malachi 3:12-15 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?

Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?

And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Hebrews 8:8-10 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

1 Corinthians 11:23-26 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Luke 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Genesis 8:18-20 And Noah went forth, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him:

Every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark.

And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

Genesis 12:1-4 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

Luke 22:44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Job 42:10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God

John 20:26-29 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:17am On Mar 03
Jesus has a God!

Worship God not Jesus!

Jesus said he was going to his God!

3 Likes

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Truefaith: 10:19am On Mar 03
Is it faith as defined by David Oyedepo (and Kenneth Hagin) or faith as defined by the Lord Jesus Christ?

David Oyedepo defines faith as the weight a man places on the words that have come out of his own mouth.

Christ defines the word as the confidence you have in what God has ever said, written in the Bible.

Which one are we really growing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q1VxS5qJX4

1 Like

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by TradingGod: 10:27am On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
Jesus has a God!

Worship God not Jesus!
Jesus Christ is God Almighty made flesh smiley

St. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Fatbam005: 10:31am On Mar 03
Just trust and obey

2 Likes

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:32am On Mar 03
TradingGod:
Jesus Christ is God Almighty made flesh smiley

St. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And Jesus forgot to mention he's God by himself till John helped him say so above?

1 Like

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by TradingGod: 10:34am On Mar 03
AntiChristian:

And Jesus forgot to mention he's God by himself till John helped him say so above?

smiley

John 8:58 Jesus replied, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, before Abraham was born, I AM. [Exod. 3:14.]

1 Like

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by TradingGod: 10:39am On Mar 03
Fatbam005:
Just trust and obey

💯
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by TheWinterBird(f): 10:46am On Mar 03
Good tips
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Yashita: 10:46am On Mar 03
Religion is man made.

1 Like

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Frigga13: 11:13am On Mar 03
Op God bless and multiply for this... keep the light burning.

Stayed blessed
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Franking: 11:37am On Mar 03
Growing in faith means being more gullible.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by tankoagaie: 11:37am On Mar 03
no room for question
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Franking: 11:39am On Mar 03
Moronkolaaus:
It is key for us as christians to continue to grow in faith

To achieve what?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Franking: 11:40am On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
Jesus has a God!

Worship God not Jesus!

To hell with both of them.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by 900warriorz: 11:43am On Mar 03
Thanks for sharing smiley Happy Sunday everyone

It's another good day to reflect on our lives and live a righteous life. It's not yet too late until it is indeed late.

Grace of God be upon you all kiss
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by killsmith(f): 11:44am On Mar 03
You have been shouting holy ghost fire since you were born, yet there no is evidence of anyone killed by holy ghost fire.
You have been shouting "devil die" since you were born yet devil is not dead.

Time never reach for una to use una head?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by SeriouslySense(m): 12:00pm On Mar 03
smiley
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kennyztech: 12:59pm On Mar 03
Also by giving to the poor or needy
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Exceed15: 1:05pm On Mar 03
Nice one
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by SirLakes: 1:10pm On Mar 03
Op, Where is the gathering of the saints?

Same church wey chief saint dey give shepherd (choir mistress) belle grin
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by honestivo(m): 1:30pm On Mar 03
God first
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by tunddy1: 1:38pm On Mar 03
Promote your products and Services with us today to get fast buyers by reaching a large target audience. Alternatively, we can enhance brand awareness for your business by attracting potential clients and showcasing your hand work to a broader audience.

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by jaytime(m): 2:14pm On Mar 03
No. 9 By constantly studying the word of God and believing in same. Very important.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 2:52pm On Mar 03
TradingGod:

smiley

John 8:58 Jesus replied, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, before Abraham was born, I AM. [Exod. 3:14.]

Lovely but try harder!
The quote from your God in Exodus 3:14 is not the same as what Jesus quoted in John 8:58.

Check John 8:24 your translators playing with your head translated the same "ego eimi" as "I am He" and not "I am" again as before!

In other places, ego eimi was translated as "I am the one". Even the blind man Jesus healed did used it.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Strafudeen: 3:37pm On Mar 03
Number 4 is not necessarily true

But well done, nice article
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Brendaniel: 4:33pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
Jesus has a God!

Worship God not Jesus!

Jesus is God
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 4:51pm On Mar 03
Brendaniel:

Jesus is God

Mary born God through the normal birth canal?
God was protected by Mary and Joseph?
God even get mouth and sex organ! I guess he must have had wet dreams too!
God even died! God was killed by death on behalf of himself!

This is false!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? / Kinds Of Spiritual Garments / How To Offer Warfare Prayers With Results Assured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.