Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

"I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi (19548 Views)

Teebillz Enjoying Pepper Soup Prepared By Tiwa Savage (Throwback) / Denrele Falls & Injures On Set Of "Pepper Soup" / Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by aburo7: 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
In an interview on Rubbing Minds,Singer and first runner up in the first edition of West African Idol,Omawumi Megbele, told Ebuka Uchendu the host of Rubbing Minds that she once sold Nkwobi and Isewu at her moms beer parlour in Warri.
On her being a single parent she had this to say," I didnt't come with the intention to be a single parent,however,now I have found myself in that position,I am going to enjoy and walk the stride until when God brings the man".
Read more http://www.toniaodili.com/2013/04/i-used-to-sell-nkwobi-soup-in-moms-beer.html?m=0

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Scofieldella(f): 2:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
No wonder. She still has d luks. (great singer though)
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2013
Scofieldella: No wonder. She still has d luks. (great singer though)

What looks? Is any look peculiar to nkwuobi and peppersoup sellers?

12 Likes

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by johnwizey: 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
Me sef don sell igbo b4 nw. Nxt pls

1 Like

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by gunuvi(m): 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
Thank God I am also selling dog meat with palm wine now with my father. That means I will also become very successful soon and tell people about my past.
Come to think of it, everyone always have something to say.

11 Likes

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
I also knew her house while she was studying Law at AAU__she sabi smoke sha oo

4 Likes

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
No wonder she dey sing nkwobi and peppersoup joint music.
About her looks...like a hen dat lost her brood.

2 Likes

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Symphony007: 9:07pm On Apr 09, 2013
pro01:

What looks? Is any look peculiar to nkwuobi and peppersoup sellers?
she looks nkowuobish and peppersoupish.smileysmileysmiley

5 Likes

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Nuzo1(m): 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
I don't know what message she was trying to pass with this nkwobi line. Is it a 'grass to grace' kind of story?

My childhood friend who sold banana from primary school to junior high and still made it to the top is a true story of poverty to comfort.

Omawunmi's mom owning an nkwobi and pepersoup joint is a thriving business most Nigerian families cannot afford to own.

Anywho, her talent and contribution to the Nigerian music industry cannot be underestimated.

3 Likes

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by brixton: 12:25am On Apr 10, 2013
You also used to smoke heavy ganja in ekpoma

3 Likes

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by slimyem: 12:46am On Apr 10, 2013
All these stars and their "from grass to grace" story just to show they can relate to the masses.We don hear am tire!undecided
Even Davido wey be Omo baba olowo sing "back when I was broke o" like say we nor know wetin deytongue
Joseph Benjamin sef tell us say hin be conductor before..undecided
Of all these artistes/thespians being profiled or interviewed lately,only Helen Paul didn't swing this "as usual" line.
We haf hear u o Omawumi.
Next please!cool

5 Likes

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by tellwisdom: 1:02am On Apr 10, 2013
Sorry, who is omawumi?..wetin she dey do for here?
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by gluv01(f): 1:23am On Apr 10, 2013
gunuvi: Thank God I am also selling dog meat with palm wine now with my father. That means I will also become very successful soon and tell people about my past.

Guy you are crazy.. grin grin
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by SlyIg(f): 1:41am On Apr 10, 2013
tellwisdom: Sorry, who is omawumi?..wetin she dey do for here?
But she never even enter front page na, why this?
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by chukxie(m): 1:54am On Apr 10, 2013
kiss
gluv01:

Guy you are crazy.. grin grin

I'm laughing so bad my ribs hurt! Nice one, guy!
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by chukxie(m): 1:56am On Apr 10, 2013
gunuvi: Thank God I am also selling dog meat with palm wine now with my father. That means I will also become very successful soon and tell people about my past.

I'm laughing so hard my ribs hurt. Nice one, guy!

1 Like

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by aburo7: 8:55am On Apr 10, 2013
Most successful people always have a story to tell.
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Akpaife(m): 9:26am On Apr 10, 2013
And wht is she selling now?
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by 32D: 9:30am On Apr 10, 2013
aburo7: Most successful people always have a story to tell.
often times they exaggerate their humble/rough beginning

1 Like

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by 80million1: 9:32am On Apr 10, 2013
and so?
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Okijajuju1(m): 9:32am On Apr 10, 2013
A Yoruba girl sell Nkwobi?!

lol.. Shes got jokes..

6 Likes

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by gameboy727(m): 9:32am On Apr 10, 2013
Ehya. God kon butter ur bread. We love ur music.
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by everyday: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2013
Merely looking at Omawumi one should know that she loves eating nkwobi and fresh fish peppersoup.Look at her curves

1 Like

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by 32D: 9:35am On Apr 10, 2013
Okija_juju: A Yoruba girl sell Nkwobi?!

lol.. Shes got jokes..
She is Omawumi not Omowumi....she is a proper warri gal, not Yoruba

15 Likes

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Blackgold09(f): 9:36am On Apr 10, 2013
brixton: You also used to smoke heavy ganja in ekpoma
na u her dey smoke togther.
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Okijajuju1(m): 9:37am On Apr 10, 2013
32-D:

She is Omawumi not Omowumi....she is a proper warri gal, not Yoruba

Are you serious?! OKAY THEN!!

I sort of believe her now..

2 Likes

Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by ochukoccna: 9:39am On Apr 10, 2013
I remember those growing up days
Beer parlour attendants bwest and yansh dey recieve enough pressing from inebriated customers not to talk of browsing ultimately
Sorry Omawumni

Okija_juju: A Yoruba girl sell Nkwobi?!

lol.. Shes got jokes..
Omawunmi is now Yoruba
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Blackgold09(f): 9:39am On Apr 10, 2013
brixton: You also used to smoke heavy ganja in ekpoma
u are one of her member
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Indifferent(m): 9:40am On Apr 10, 2013
Haba ! Omawumi the other time, in Cobhams' song "Maga no need Pay" i heard u sing and i quote; " ...from ekpoma i dey ride okada and most times i dey sell garri..." which one u dey sef?
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Okijajuju1(m): 9:42am On Apr 10, 2013
ochukoccna: I remember those growing up days
Beer parlour attendants bwest and yansh dey recieve enough pressing from inebriated customers not to talk of browsing ultimately
Sorry Omawumni

Omawunmi is now Yoruba

Bros, if you here that name, no be Yoruba go first enter your mind?!

She even resemble them sef..

Anyways, Now I know..
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Okijajuju1(m): 9:42am On Apr 10, 2013
Indifferent: Haba ! Omawumi the other time, in Cobhams' song "Maga no need Pay" i heard u sing and i quote; " ...from ekpoma i dey ride okada and most times i dey sell garri..." which one u dey sef?

She was a Business Juggarnaut for Warri before she hammer.. grin
Re: "I Used To Sell Nkwobi And Pepper-Soup"- Omawumi by Valto(m): 9:43am On Apr 10, 2013
Symphony007: she looks nkowuobish and peppersoupish.smileysmileysmiley
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stella Damasus Celebrates Her 40th Birthday (Photo) / Donna Diva's Leaf Outfit At The DKM Concert: What Do You Think? / Leo Mezie: With Kidney Ailment, Having Children Not My Priority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.