Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos (34404 Views)

NNAMDI KANU, A COLOSSUS OF OUR TIME / A Rising Colossus: Nigeria Leads African Technology/Commerce Race / National Cake Or National 419 - Where is the promised colossus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by yusuf01(m): 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2013
What a beautiful sight....
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ekoilee: 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
redsun:

Oloshi.Soon your type will be placed in reservations for the natives.Do you think rome was built in a day?Or that the present romans are the original romans?

Old man, why is your blood boiling just because I corrected your ignorant assss.? Looks like you are at the edge of insanity.

Drink detol and take your old asss to bed and try not to.derail thread. Grouchy old man.

9 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by vizboy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
Fashola abeg countinue the good work we dey u back no mind all those haters

3 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ekoilee: 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
django1:

What nonsense is that bolded?
Which one be commercial federal capital?

He obviously pulled that out of his asss..
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by paniki(m): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nice pics. But you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by mrman2(m): 10:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
Imagine if spiderman was a Nigerian, his career would have ended a long time ago. No skyscrappers to swing from.

3 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by redsun(m): 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
eko ilee:

Old man, why is your blood boiling just because I corrected your ignorant assss.? Looks like you are at the edge of insanity.

Drink detol and take your old asss to bed and try not to.derail thread. Grouchy old man.

Nwa boi! Don't worry in time to come,we will create area boys and girls enclave in lagos.Where all the destitutes, beggars,voluntary street urchins,lazy asss otimkpus and nonentities like you will be dumped,somewhere between oyo and lagos.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by jmaine: 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
Lovely scenes we have here
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ekoilee: 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
redsun:

Nwa boi! Don't worry in time to come,we will create area boys and girls enclave in lagos.Where all the destitutes, beggars,voluntary street urchins,lazy asss otimkpus and nonentities like you will be dumped,somewhere between oyo and lagos.

Old man, don't derail the thread with your usual dullard rants. Please go away, I didn't mean to dirty your flowing babariga..lmao.

8 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by redsun(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
eko ilee:

Old man, looks like you are very determined to derail the thread with your usual dullard rants. Please go away, I didn't mean to dirty your flowing babariga..lmao.

Boi boi. I know you will like to remain a baby forever to justify your begging and dependence mentality.You are the type that lives in two room shacks in isaleko,with your mum and four unfortunate kids from two or three different unfortunate women.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by GeneralJ(m): 11:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
chiover: All thanks to IBB,he really tried in the beatification of Lagos. The Governor Mr Fashola is also trying in the maintenance of Lagos. He Fashola is not doing that bad! I must confess

May God not punish you in Jesus name amen.. angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by GeneralJ(m): 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
Some Ignorant fools will come on here and say ACN is not working mtcheww they will rather pick the person that is giving federal pardon to thieves over the person whose work they can clearly see stupid people

12 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by OmoTier1(m): 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
This is why I say ROssikk should stick to His well known trade of show casing the beauty of Lagos and stop playing PDP politics on NL.... cool Now I get these Oyinbo asking how much it will cost them to live in Lagos .... abeg flash me more piktures jore.. tongue

2 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Guapo(m): 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
paniki: Nice pics. But you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.

and u guys drive on the right side of road? Do you know anything about the hand drive of a car, and how it differs frm place to place?
Pls read books

4 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by delpee(f): 11:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
Simply beautiful! Oshodi bustop and Apongbon roundabout are looking so neat and organised, a world apart from what they used to be. More pictures especially from Lekki, Osborne, Ikeja, Victoria Island etc pls. Lets hope most of the slums in Lagos will be upgraded without causing the residents so much pain and misery. Then we can all breathe "fresh air". BRF try sha.

6 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:44pm On Apr 11, 2013
Beautiful pictures

What of Abule Egba, Ajegunle, makoko Ijora-Badia etc

Are they also part of Lagos?

Lets see some pictures

2 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ekoilee: 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
redsun:

Boi boi. I know you will like to remain a baby forever to justify your begging and dependence mentality.You are the type that lives in two room shacks in isaleko,with your mum and four unfortunate kids from two or three different unfortunate women.

I know you problem and what's eating your grapes. You hate to see lagos in such good light and its killing you hence your ignorant and retarded nonsense about some federal commercial capital. You can not progress in life with all the hate and bad bele garbage you carry into anything Lagos.

Look here, Shebi you are from somewhere in Nigeria so how come you don't start topics about your own state or where your are from? I know why, you are ashamed of your village because there is nothing going on there to be proud of or show anybody.

It is not lagos's fault that you are saddled with corrupt and incompetent leaders in your village.

unfortunately for you and your kind, they don't grow good and.competent leaders on trees, its in the the blood and make up so your future is very sad and bleak .

Ndo...

7 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nonsense!
Tell me what the mega-looter IBB has ever done to beautify Lagos or anywhere else for that matter angry
chiover: All thanks to IBB,he really tried in the beatification of Lagos. The Governor Mr Fashola is also trying in the maintenance of Lagos. He Fashola is not doing that bad! I must confess

7 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by TheBookWorm: 12:40am On Apr 12, 2013
Now this is the Lagos I remember!

Eko o ni baje! O ba je ti! cool

2 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by gbanikiti(m): 12:43am On Apr 12, 2013
i cant believe i just wasted my 70kb viewing what i see everyday.mtscheeew!
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 12, 2013
Good to see Kelechi Amadi-Obi's pics
He can make ajegunle look good
I know the family well
Great pictures
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Mustay(m): 3:28am On Apr 12, 2013
As usual, it's either such a thread turns political or tribal. The poster says 'rare', it's not like you can't go to Iganmu and snap NT but here you have the photographer using his skills to launder images of a state.

In other clones too, 'fine' pictures are projected for tourism, magazines, adverts etc not because there are no ugly places but to make such pleasing to the eye, visitors and residents alike.

One important thing is to appreciate what we have and protect it/them - public property is what it is! The Shitta roubdabout there is an example. We must learn how to maintain recreation places.

The guy calling IBB is not unexpected - always the attention! I could have as well thanked Marwa undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by chukxie(m): 3:46am On Apr 12, 2013
Big Ups to Governor Fashola. This is beautiful. I hope all parts will become this beautiful. Eko oni baje !

2 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by dc555: 5:10am On Apr 12, 2013
thanks rosikk. no mind bad belle people. if cnn, bbc et al display their myopic and colonial pics of Lagos am sure they will be happy.

5 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by RedLight1: 10:00am On Apr 12, 2013
yep they sure dont show us stuff like this...
very rare

thanks rossik

u the best smiley

3 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by RedLight1: 10:02am On Apr 12, 2013
eko ilee:

grin grin grin grin
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Applestorelagos(m): 10:07am On Apr 12, 2013
APPLE-STORE. For all your apple computers, iPad, iPod, iPhone. All apple laptop & iPad accessories. Repairs & warranty of all apple products.
Contact us at: 11 OTIGBA STREET 3rd FLOOR, OPP FIDELITY BANK OFF MEDICAL ROAD. IKEJA, LAGOS.
Tel: 08135268317,08184215566
Email:bobosas46@yahoo.com
www.pelfman..com
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by MrGrimReaper: 10:11am On Apr 12, 2013
.With a little more discipline, this country could really be a beautiful place to be in..

Simple things like;

1. Obey traffic rules and regulations.

2. Use the Pedestrian crossing and Zebra crossings, hoping that motorists will observe the rule of Zebra crossings

3. Stop littering. (This is the worst of all)

4. Stop street hawking.

5. Stop posting bills on walls

6. Plant more trees & flowers.

7. Keep the roads and streets clean.

8. Remove wastes.

All I see in those pictures is 'sanity'. Compare those pictures to these;

[img]http://relationalbcn.files./2010/06/lagos_go_slow.jpg[/img]

7 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 12, 2013
Are you kidding me? Seriously? You fill up the place with hotels and malls and more hotels. How many of these (aptly named) "rare" things are accessible to the common man living in a face-me-I-face-you room?

7 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Joey82(m): 10:18am On Apr 12, 2013
Nice work OP
u sure have some photography skills.
too bad rick ross didnt notice all these parts in shooting his damned video

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2013
what a magnificent edifice we have here, but is so unfortunate that when u get close to most of these structures, they are either wearing off or decaying due to lack of maintenance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kola Oguntuga To Take Command Of OLOGBO (Photo) / Segun Awolowo Celebrates Dolapo Osinbajo's 50th Birthday With Throwback Photos / Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.