Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos (34405 Views)

NNAMDI KANU, A COLOSSUS OF OUR TIME / A Rising Colossus: Nigeria Leads African Technology/Commerce Race / National Cake Or National 419 - Where is the promised colossus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by jmslimx(m): 7:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
Nigerian would be a better place if we stop the greed
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Rossikk(m): 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2013
ghananotnaija: It's sad that you resort to population size. Nigerians can't stop popping out babies that they can't afford to feed or educate so that makes Nigeria better?

If that's the case, then India has a bigger GDP than Switzerland, do you say India is more developed than Switzerland?

You simply don't compare tiny countries like Switzerland to India. India has far many more mouths to feed. Any comparison is baseless. You compare like with like.

Kuwait is ''more developed'' than China because Kuwait has less than 2 million mouths to feed while exporting massive amounts of oil.

But everyone knows which country is the more economically significant and influential today between Kuwait and China.

Kuwait is even ''more developed'' than the USA by most standard measurements.

Just as you can't compare a tiny country like Ghana to Nigeria.

If anything, Ghana should be like Kuwait considering her tiny population and huge resources like gold, cocoa, manganese, and now oil and gas. I've no clue what you guys do with your money.

4 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by DeGenius3(m): 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
chiover: All thanks to IBB,he really tried in the beatification of Lagos. The Governor Mr Fashola is also trying in the maintenance of Lagos. He Fashola is not doing that bad! I must confess

ALL THANKS TO IBB
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Godogwu: 8:36pm On Apr 12, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Shut up you have never even been to Accra and you have no idea what you're talking about. Don't even compare Accra and this dump you call Lagos. It amounts to blasphemy.

LOOOOOL wait wait wait.... Lagos is what!? compared to what now? .... B!tch please sit \__

Some of you live in so much denial yo ! Too deep

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ewet: 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
WOW! With this breath taking pictures,Lagos is by far more beauiful than the big fraud ABUJA despite all the trillions sunk in tht place.EKO FOR SHOW! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ekoilee: 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
Abuja has no soul, its drab and colorless town full of scavengers.

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Damselnoni(f): 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
habaha oke-afa no dey ni?
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by asids55: 10:36pm On Apr 12, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Nice.

I want to travel to Lagos soon. . .Next year, I'm going ALL OUT!!

Nigerians are dressing sharp. . . .we need that.

na lie..na okoko you dey
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 12, 2013
asids55:

dude, you are absolutely wrong about calabar, i dey serve there presently and the only fine stuff about calabar is the road,and apart from that nothing else, they have got no notable structures etc

Thank you oo, people always make that mistake!
The whole of calabar sef isn't neat, talkless of the rest of C'river embarassed

But calabar is still a lovely city, fine girls plenty for that town oooooo. Oh I miss that town. kiss
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by GeneralJ(m): 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
Mr. Grim Reaper:
.With a little more discipline, this country could really be a beautiful place to be in..

Simple things like;

1. Obey traffic rules and regulations.

2. Use the Pedestrian crossing and Zebra crossings, hoping that motorists will observe the rule of Zebra crossings

3. Stop littering. (This is the worst of all)

4. Stop street hawking.

5. Stop posting bills on walls

6. Plant more trees & flowers.

7. Keep the roads and streets clean.

8. Remove wastes.

All I see in those pictures is 'sanity'. Compare those pictures to these;

[img]http://relationalbcn.files./2010/06/lagos_go_slow.jpg[/img]

See you are right except the last pic you posted is lagos of the early 21st century, Molue is now extinct in lagos
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by chucky234(m): 11:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
redsun: Good news.It is more like what the commercial federal capital of an oil rich state should predominantly look like.
On paper YES,in reality far from it.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by chucky234(m): 11:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
ewet: WOW! With this breath taking pictures,Lagos is by far more beauiful than the big fraud ABUJA despite all the trillions sunk in tht place.EKO FOR SHOW! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lagos more beautiful than Abuja?
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ghboy: 12:09am On Apr 13, 2013
kama1210: far beta than Accra
-----------------
too bad accra is much cleaner, less polluted, less conjested, better security n has better power supply

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by crisycent: 12:10am On Apr 13, 2013
If you have had the opportunity of traveling outside Nigeria, the moment your aircraft is airborne and you look through the window to see Lagos, you will shake your head because 90% of the state is covered in darkness. The moment your aircraft approaches Europe, i am not talking about their airport, if you fly with KLM, you will know where your aircraft is on the screen, the moment the aircraft approaches Europe, even from 40,000 feet above, you will know the true meaning of street light nor be dis one wen lagos dey sample, by the way e dey work sef?

Where i live here in England, i have never seen a faulty street light.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ghboy: 12:25am On Apr 13, 2013
[quote author=Rossikk]

You simply don't compare tiny countries like Switzerland to India. India has far many more mouths to feed. Any comparison is baseless. You compare like with like.

Kuwait is ''more developed'' than China because Kuwait has less than 2 million mouths to feed while exporting massive amounts of oil.

But everyone knows which country is the more economically significant and influential today between Kuwait and China.

Kuwait is even ''more developed'' than the USA by most standard measurements.

Just as you can't compare a tiny country like Ghana to Nigeria.

If anything, Ghana should be like Kuwait considering her tiny population and huge resources like gold, cocoa, manganese, and now oil and gas. I've no clue what you guys do with your money.
-------------------
Nigeria always using size and population. with your population, resources and size too shouldn't Nigeria be like China, USA and Russia? its not about size but the general well being of all citizenz. what percentage of people in "nice" Lagos can afford 3 square meals, are employed, have access to quality health care n education, social amenities etc. these are the determinants of development. both countries have a lot to do. long way to go. what of other cities?

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Rossikk(m): 12:49am On Apr 13, 2013
crisycent: If you have had the opportunity of traveling outside Nigeria, the moment your aircraft is airborne and you look through the window to see Lagos, you will shake your head because 90% of the state is covered in darkness.

You are a liar. Or plain ignorant. Perhaps you were expecting to see the empty forests and hamlets in ''Lagos state'' well lit by a million shining lights.

The moment your aircraft approaches Europe, i am not talking about their airport, if you fly with KLM, you will know where your aircraft is on the screen, the moment the aircraft approaches Europe, even from 40,000 feet above, you will know the true meaning of street light

Again, you are a liar, or someone who was so excited by his first trip abroad that he saw lights where there were none. You do not see street lights ''the moment the aircraft approaches Europe''. What you see is dark forests and lakes if you see anything at all. If you have nothing useful to add, I suggest you zip it.

nor be dis one wen lagos dey sample, by the way e dey work sef?
No it's not working. That was torch light you saw shining from the pole.

Where i live here in England..

We're not interested...

4 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ewet: 12:54am On Apr 13, 2013
chucky234: Lagos more beautiful than Abuja?
yeah thts rite! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Godogwu: 2:34am On Apr 13, 2013
ghboy:
-----------------
too bad accra is much cleaner, less polluted, less conjested, better security n has better power supply

Please tell that to someone who actually cares.... Accra tho? Accra is just as good as Ph or calabar but Lagos?.... Nahh, you need to chill
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 13, 2013
asids55:

na lie..na okoko you dey

Guilty as charged, detective Stabler grin
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 13, 2013
crisycent: If you have had the opportunity of traveling outside Nigeria, the moment your aircraft is airborne and you look through the window to see Lagos, you will shake your head because 90% of the state is covered in darkness. The moment your aircraft approaches Europe, i am not talking about their airport, if you fly with KLM, you will know where your aircraft is on the screen, the moment the aircraft approaches Europe, even from 40,000 feet above, you will know the true meaning of street light nor be dis one wen lagos dey sample, by the way e dey work sef?

Where i live here in England, i have never seen a faulty street light.
grin grin grin grin grin

rotflllll.....I can tell you've never entered an airport, talk less of experiencing a plane lift off wink

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Monsuratsnn: 6:17am On Apr 13, 2013
Beautiful pix fashola is working. The second best governor after jakande
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by chucky234(m): 7:44am On Apr 13, 2013
ewet:
yeah thts rite! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
yeah that's a lie
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by chucky234(m): 7:46am On Apr 13, 2013
Monsuratsnn@:
Beautiful pix fashola is working. The second best governor after jakande
Can you point to any of pic(s) showing structures erected by Fashola
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by mayrie1(f): 7:53am On Apr 13, 2013
chucky234: Can you point to any of pic(s) showing structures erected by Fashola

What are u insinuating?
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by solomon111(m): 8:03am On Apr 13, 2013
ewet: WOW! With this breath taking pictures,Lagos is by far more beauiful than the big fraud ABUJA despite all the trillions sunk in tht place.EKO FOR SHOW! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is a lie.
You can't compare abuja to lagos lai lai.
Abuja is a world class city with very stunning architecture.
Lagos is still learning.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by solomon111(m): 8:06am On Apr 13, 2013
eko ilee: Abuja has no soul, its drab and colorless town full of scavengers.
yes some part of lagos is fine.
But akwa-ibom, abuja and even calabar puts lagos to shame.
Please don't overstretch it.

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Tjohnnay: 8:16am On Apr 13, 2013
Taaaaa, make dm go all those local areas, y showing all d beautiful areas undecided
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by OmoTier1(m): 9:42am On Apr 13, 2013
Tjohnnay: Taaaaa, make dm go all those local areas, y showing all d beautiful areas undecided
I am sure you are one of those who keep complaining when the Western media always show Lagos as a heap of dirt. This pictures clearly shows Lagos is changing rapidly and the Western media are in denial of this fact by refusing to showcase this beauty. The mix of those greens and lovely houses is just a lovely sight to behold! Perfect for a city like Lagos. Yes there is still a huge work to be done, but what is happening now is Lagos deserve commendation...sadly, the same cannot be said of several other states and indeed of the FG...
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by DAPRINZE(m): 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
lagos.... 2 much jo
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Desola(f): 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
As nice as these pictures are, it pains me that development seems to be taking place in one state of the west. I would be happier to see such development recorded in other Yoruba states like Ibadan, Abeokuta and the rest. I want other Yoruba states to give Lagos a run for its money!

Lagos shouldn't be the be all and end all.

1 Like

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
solomon111: This is a lie.
You can't compare abuja to lagos lai lai.
Abuja is a world class city with very stunning architecture.
Lagos is still learning.

Your pathological and obsessive hatred of anything SW is really affecting your rationality ...you better put a break on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is This Not WICKEDNESS? Youths Burn Brooms Together With APC Flags In Imo / Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria / Photos Of Okorocha, Emeka Ihedioha & Jonathan: Caption Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.