Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos (34399 Views)

NNAMDI KANU, A COLOSSUS OF OUR TIME / A Rising Colossus: Nigeria Leads African Technology/Commerce Race / National Cake Or National 419 - Where is the promised colossus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Orikinla(m): 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2013
Please, what of the picture of Lagosians at the beach wearing clothes meant for offices, churches and mosques? grin
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by miketayo(m): 1:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
i see more beautiful places in India everyday it has become a normal thing :/
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 12, 2013
O boi,Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ get time o. Anyway, good job! Eko o ni baje.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by informatix: 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2013
Eko ni Baje. Olori Buruku Boko haram. So this is the beautiful place Boko haram. Wanna spoil?. May Allah destroy the bokos coz. They resort to Violence as a way of achieving their political Ambition.

2 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by babaskool(m): 2:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
omo see fine city no wonder boko haram wanted to bomb the hell out of lagos but they shoudn't touch that babe in white ooo she fit bad pass their 72 virgins jesus christ or whoever would give them
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by mayrie1(f): 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2013
eko ilee:

I know you problem and what's eating your grapes. You hate to see lagos in such good light and its killing you hence your ignorant and retarded nonsense about some federal commercial capital. You can not progress in life with all the hate and bad bele garbage you carry into anything Lagos.

Totally offpoint. I was formerly on your side due to my typical Nigerian instinct, then I realize how dumb I was after reading the post above. Seriously, illiteracy is a disease. You could be a literate illiterate for all I care. The point the "old man" was making is that that is what the "commercial" federal capital of oil producing state (e.g Nigeria) should look like considering the level of development and all and he also hope they improve to first-world standard. Learn to use your IQ when posting comment and stop your childish insult, its not neccessary.

4 Likes

Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2013
see more beautiful picture of lagos in my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1114498/lagos-not-see-television
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Venchy: 2:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
ROSSIK and it's Pr job......can you pls post the picture of Our Airport MM as well as Mushin, Bariga and other area's plssssssss.

Oh, also the inner street, as well as Ebute Metta as I'm ONIKE / IWAYA Boy.

Thank you.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Reptyle(m): 2:53pm On Apr 12, 2013
Lagos fine sha! Nice pictures man!
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
may.rie:

Totally offpoint. I was formerly on your side due to my typical Nigerian instinct, then I realize how dumb I was after reading the post above. Seriously, illiteracy is a disease. You could be a literate illiterate for all I care. The point the "old man" was making is that that is what the "commercial" federal capital of oil producing state (e.g Nigeria) should look like considering the level of development and all and he also hope they improve to first-world standard. Learn to use your IoQ when posting comment and stop your childish insult, its not neccessary.

Ode monkey follow follow, it's that's what a well managed and administered state should look like, not the silly and damn nonsense you and your double ID are spewing. Oil money doesn't manage and administer anything to achieve good results, but superb managerial skills, Competence, good vision, capable and team effort does.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by eaglechild: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
Nice pictures of Lagos not rare pictures of Lagos.
By branding these pictures "rare" you are simply stating that fine parts of Lagos are a rarity, and most parts of Lagos are crappy.
Even though this is probably true, it is not a good marketing strategy.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
eko ilee:

IBB beautified Lagos in what way and how exactly.?
Plz oo, when and where were u born? Abeg no vex for the question oo. But Fashola de try sha, just dat his TAX is damn too MUCH.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by mayrie1(f): 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ode monkey follow follow, it's that's what a well managed and administered state should look like, not the silly and damn nonsense you and your double ID are spewing.

How old are you?
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by sean20: 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
unfortunately pictures tell a different story. Anyway nice pics.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Venchy: 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
Gabbysky:
Plz oo, when and where were u born? Abeg no vex for the question oo. But Fashola de try sha, just dat his TAX is damn too MUCH.

There's no Tax in Nigeria, people needs to get use to paying their taxes rather than invading the state.

Cross over the Atlantic then you'll know what tax is all about.

It's for your own good except the criminal mind of NIGERIANS AND THEIR LEADERS.

Lovely country but it's all gone down the drain.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by danot1030: 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2013
chiover: All thanks to IBB,he really tried in the beatification of Lagos. The Governor Mr Fashola is also trying in the maintenance of Lagos. He Fashola is not doing that bad! I must confess

IT IS OBVIOUS YOU ARE BIAS AND IGNORANT
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
may.rie:

How old are you?

That's the dumbest question ever. How old do I have to be to lecture you.? A million years old?
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Godogwu: 3:55pm On Apr 12, 2013
The Writer: Are you kidding me? Seriously? You fill up the place with hotels and malls and more hotels. How many of these (aptly named) "rare" things are accessible to the common man living in a face-me-I-face-you room?

Except thats not the common man you gave in your example but the working class/unemployed man. Besides there were less pictures of malls and hotels than there were roads, streets, skylines, lakes, etc
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by mayrie1(f): 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

That's the dumbest question ever. How old do I have to be to lecture you.? A million years old?

Lecture me? No, dear. Your post was just too immature.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
Gabbysky:

In Lagos. What's that got to do with anything?
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
may.rie:

Lecture me? No, dear. Your post was just too immature.

Funny enough, yours was not only immature, it was dumb and ret.arded. You are obviously from one of those backward states with lousy and incompetent governors just like the other old man.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Abel202: 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Rossikk..,thanks for those wonderful pictures. Not withstanding the challenges, Nigeria is making progress.

Yes, there's is corruption but atleast the corruption is DEMOCRATISED, unlike what happened in the era of military dictatorship when ONE MAN decides who gets what and uses the gun to SHARE national resources at his whims and caprices.

For instance, Fashola is looting (with the help of Tinubu) and working, Oshiomole is stealing and working, GEJ is stealing and working, Akpabio is looting and working, Peter Obi is stealing and working and so on and so forth.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing is that WORK is going on EVERYWHERE and the persons appropriating or stealing/looting the resources are elected/selected from among the people in that locality, unlike before

[b]My dear thank you for this phrase "CORRUPTION IS DEMOCRATISED". quite funny but its true.
Everyone is stealing in Nigeria. The fortunate states get a governor who is stealing and is still working.
Unfortunately for Abia state, T.A.ORJI is Stealing, Looting, and packing more money abroad. The remaining ones he uses to buy up every space in the media to do propaganda while his Abia state remains the worst governed state in Nigeria under T.A.Orji. Talk about cluelessness, its T.A that best epitomises that word. Abia has been quite unfortunate to stumble from the illiterate and thieving Orji Uzor Kalu and his over domineering mother to this usesless T.a.oji. I WEAP FOR ABIA. See what Lagos is looking like under Fashola - Wonderful, see what Benin-Edo is looking like under Adams Osheomole - great, see what Rivers is looking like under Rotimi - great, see what Owerri is looking like under Rochas - great and promising, see what Akwa Ibom is looking like under the great Akpabio - Extra ordinary, then venture into Aba and Abia state and see what the state is looking like under t.a.orji you will collapse, if you are not held well you might have stroke when you see Aba under T.A.Orji. I WEEP FOR ABIA.[/b]
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by delors(m): 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
Na wah o...so my area nor dey part of Lagos abi? Why una nor snap Ojuwoye market for Mushin? Abi nor be Lagos be that self?
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Ngwakwe: 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
I like your post very well

Abel202:

[b]My dear thank you for this phrase "CORRUPTION IS DEMOCRATISED". quite funny but its true.
Everyone is stealing in Nigeria. The fortunate states get a governor who is stealing and is still working.
Unfortunately for Abia state, T.A.ORJI is Stealing, Looting, and packing more money abroad. The remaining ones he uses to buy up every space in the media to do propaganda while his Abia state remains the worst governed state in Nigeria under T.A.Orji. Talk about cluelessness, its T.A that best epitomises that word. Abia has been quite unfortunate to stumble from the illiterate and thieving Orji Uzor Kalu and his over domineering mother to this usesless T.a.oji. I WEAP FOR ABIA. See what Lagos is looking like under Fashola - Wonderful, see what Benin-Edo is looking like under Adams Osheomole - great, see what Rivers is looking like under Rotimi - great, see what Owerri is looking like under Rochas - great and promising, see what Akwa Ibom is looking like under the great Akpabio - Extra ordinary, then venture into Aba and Abia state and see what the state is looking like under t.a.orji you will collapse, if you are not held well you might have stroke when you see Aba under T.A.Orji. I WEEP FOR ABIA.[/b]
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
Nice.

I want to travel to Lagos soon. . .Next year, I'm going ALL OUT!!

Nigerians are dressing sharp. . . .we need that.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Ilaje44(m): 6:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
9jauk: NEPA....is on my mind,I will not relocate anytime soon,naaaaaa ko seni to le ba mi su" Lol.

Iro lo pa. Omo kan wa nibi ti o nje: wonlasewonimi. Omokunrin naa le do oku. A ba e su'.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ghananotnaija(m): 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2013
kama1210: far beta than Accra

Shut up you have never even been to Accra and you have no idea what you're talking about. Don't even compare Accra and this dump you call Lagos. It amounts to blasphemy.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ekoilee: 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ode monkey follow follow, it's that's what a well managed and administered state should look like, not the silly and damn nonsense you and your double ID are spewing. Oil money doesn't manage and administer anything to achieve good results, but superb managerial skills, Competence, good vision, capable people and team effort does.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by TheBookWorm: 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2013
Lagos is a truly cosmopolitan city.

Hopefully one day it can rival Tokyo, Hong Kong, London or even Dubai.
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by Rossikk(m): 7:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Shut up you have never even been to Accra and you have no idea what you're talking about. Don't even compare Accra and this dump you call Lagos. It amounts to blasphemy.

You're wrong. Lagos is miles ahead of Accra in terms of size and development.

The GDP of Lagos state is almost equivalent to that of the entire nation of Ghana.

Lagos State Annual GDP US$33,679 Billion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

Ghana Annual GDP $39.2 Billion

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en&tab=nw#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=ghana+gdp&oq=ghana+gdp&gs_l=hp.3..0l10.1258.9117.1.9408.17.12.4.1.1.0.127.968.10j2.12.0...0.0...1c.1.9.hp.4fTZTfyi4FI&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45175338,d.d2k&fp=211d78910c70c5a4&biw=1280&bih=673
Re: A Rising Colossus - Pictures Of Lagos by ghananotnaija(m): 7:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
It's sad that you resort to population size. Nigerians can't stop popping out babies that they can't afford to feed or educate so that makes Nigeria better?

If that's the case, then India has a bigger GDP than Switzerland, do you say India is more developed than Switzerland?

Rossikk:

You're wrong. Lagos is miles ahead of Accra in terms of size and development.

The GDP of Lagos state is almost the same as that of the entire nation of Ghana.

Lagos State Annual GDP US$33,679 Billion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

Ghana Annual GDP $39.2 Billion

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en&tab=nw#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=ghana+gdp&oq=ghana+gdp&gs_l=hp.3..0l10.1258.9117.1.9408.17.12.4.1.1.0.127.968.10j2.12.0...0.0...1c.1.9.hp.4fTZTfyi4FI&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45175338,d.d2k&fp=211d78910c70c5a4&biw=1280&bih=673

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Okorocha, Emeka Ihedioha & Jonathan: Caption Them / Burial Photos Of Hadiza Sule Lamido / 50 Killed As ISWAP Attacks Army Base In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.