Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates (38211 Views)

MFM Gives N91m To Members With First-Class / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / Prophetic Outlook For 2013 By Dr Olukoya D.K. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
basty: I was in the maiden edition of the Reward/Award where twelve First Class students were presented with car gifts.
I think this had motivated others to work harder and the number have soared higher.

Thank you G.O.

12 to 77

I hope some Firsts are not claiming MFM membership when they are not.

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by baseg25(m): 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
D most amazing part is d guy dat gave a testimony at d mfm international youth church dat he finished wif HND Distinction frm yabatech<pt> and then FIRST CLASS frm unilag<ft>
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by GentleNaaz(m): 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2013
Final yr in ABSU, am a first class candidate. Hope T. A. Orji is planning sometn gud; just €10 million is ok by me
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by bizz(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
nice....God bless
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by MarcoP: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
@ OP.
Point of correction: beneficiaries are drawn from universities across the world where MFM has campus fellowship centers. Its not limited to Nigeria.

It also important to note that Dr Olukoya was not following anyone in setting up this award 3 years ago.

This is one of the many ways the church makes itself relevant to the society.

It should be noted that Dr Olukoya does not own any private jet or super-luxury cars.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
mysticgal: MFM here i come.
you aint getin nuffin! angry
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by mikeapollo: 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2013
eforce:
This is the third time this is happening, so i don't think he is following anybody, He has always been a giver, he gave cars last year. and he does it because he is also a first class graduate from university of lagos.

He has done well.

But TB Joshua blazed the trail many years ago....more than 3 years ago. His philantropy has been a challenge to other churches/GOs.
Good to see others join!
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by baseg25(m): 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2013
Jarus:

12 to 77

I hope some Firsts are not claiming MFM membership when they are not.
nt lyk dat ,d firstclass must be well knwn at d Mfm branch/region they attend by d pastor,at Mfm campus fellowship by the president
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by Sbrainy(m): 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
This is great..........I wish others will learn from this
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by chuckdee4(m): 4:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
Welldone to them but I reckon someone needs to look at other classes of graduates.
Everyone wants to employ or recognise the first class students, what about the others?

We all know some people come out with terrible results in uni because of issues beyond their control, persoanlly I would like to embark n a project with 3rd class capable students just to prove that that rejected rock can still be the cornerstone to any major establishment.

The stigma on students who made anything lower than a 2:1 is terrible, yes o there are some dullards in uni but trust everyone has something to contribute.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 12, 2013
baseg25: nt lyk dat ,d firstclass must be well knwn at d Mfm branch/region they attend by d pastor,at Mfm campus fellowship by the president

OK. Because trust Nigerians
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by cold(m): 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
This is laudable Dr Olukoya.Although I do not share your beliefs or ridiculous praying styles but I give credit where it is due.Spreading that tithe money around isn't such a bad a thang

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by chukxie(m): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
God bless you very much for the good deeds you've done!
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by Venchy: 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
baseg25: God bless dr dk olukoya,

Bless him for what??

Did you ever ask yourself where this man got the money from and what business his into?...Poverty no good ooo.

Nigerians, this lack of exposure is really Blinding, ive never heard or see anywhere in the world where a church leader will vouch to do so apart from this CRIMINAL MINDED PEOPLE.

Praising people doing NOTHING.....fool and the horses.

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by Petbuk123(m): 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
Dats realy gr8,if oda rich pastor cn join in ds actn,plus all d elite we av in naija den fins wl b bettr 4 graduate and thr wl b gud performance 4rm d student,instead of rwardin jst d eagles u can do same 4 d brilliant student 2 exploit thr real potential,dangote,adenuga,oh i 4got ds womans name,plus u governor of states,make naija student api.op una hear

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
Now this is the kind of news that brings smiles to anyone. If other churches especially rccg can follow suite, hope in the church will be restored.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by hayoakins(m): 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
chuckdee4: Welldone to them but I reckon someone needs to look at other classes of graduates.
Everyone wants to employ or recognise the first class students, what about the others?

We all know some people come out with terrible results in uni because of issues beyond their control, persoanlly I would like to embark n a project with 3rd class capable students just to prove that that rejected rock can still be the cornerstone to any major establishment.

The stigma on students who made anything lower than a 2:1 is terrible, yes o there are some dullards in uni but trust everyone has something to contribute.

Some 3rd class graduates are the architect of their fate while some are just unfortunate... its too bad our Economy celebrates certificates even if you cannot defend it and not Skills.

Some guys are tutors on campus but guess what? they ended with 2.2, examination is not truly a test of knowledge, most high flyers cram and off-load sharperly grin ( we call it agberu gbeso)...they dont play or talk before entering the exam hall else everything they crammed would fly off... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by Ishilove: 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2013
yuzedo: Where is Ishilove? I know it is toothbrush she won from her G.O after graduating with 4th Class Upper! grin grin
Haha, very funny. FYI, it is 4.45 cool
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by MarJuly(f): 4:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
abbk000: In his usual style of rewarding academic excellence, the General Overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, Dr. Daniel Olukoya, has splashed N40 million on members of the church who graduated with first class honors degree from different universities across the country.

The event which is third in the series made the 77 graduates smile home with N 500,000 each.
The previous first class graduates went home with a car each, but this year the number rose from 15 to 77 so Dr. Olukoya settled for cash, which they could use to further their education or start something.

The breakdown of the graduates showed that University of Lagos (UNILAG) top the list with 12 graduates which cut across various disciplines, followed by University of Ibadan with nine of such graduates while one is from Central University College, Accra, Ghana.

Speaking at the occasion, Pastor Shade Olukoya, who presented the award praised the graduates for dedication to their academic work and serving God at the same time.

According to her, the award was put in place to reward members of MFM who are dedicated to their academic work while also creating time to serve the Almighty God.

source: http://mosvinbami.com/2013/04/09/pastor-olukoya-of-mountain-of-fire-gives-n40m-to-first-class-graduates/

Nice one, instead of buying private jet. May God bless u and your household
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by chocopearl(f): 4:47pm On Apr 12, 2013
Thank you sir u ve really done well. God bless u & ur ministry
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by Tbosch(m): 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
I WILL GET MINE IN 2016, BY THEN IT WILL BE 2MILLION EACH
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by babaowo: 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
Marco-P :
@ OP.
Point of correction: beneficiaries are drawn from universities across the world where MFM has campus fellowship centers. Its not limited to Nigeria.

It also important to note that Dr Olukoya was not following anyone in setting up this award 3 years ago.

This is one of the many ways the church makes itself relevant to the society.

It should be noted that Dr Olukoya does not own any private jet or super-luxury cars.
i hardly see him in designer suit also,he is so different when we talk about G.O's.......
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by tommykiwi(m): 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2013
DAT IS MY GENERAL OVERSEER MAY GOD CONTINUE TO KEEP YOU FOR US....AMEN
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by beetg: 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2013
Y cnt d pastors encourage members from the polytechnics with Upper class too.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by cecegorz(m): 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
abbk000: In his usual style of rewarding academic excellence, the General Overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, Dr. Daniel Olukoya, has splashed N40 million on members of the church who graduated with first class honors degree from different universities across the country.

The event which is third in the series made the 77 graduates smile home with N 500,000 each.
The previous first class graduates went home with a car each, but this year the number rose from 15 to 77 so Dr. Olukoya settled for cash, which they could use to further their education or start something.

The breakdown of the graduates showed that University of Lagos (UNILAG) top the list with 12 graduates which cut across various disciplines, followed by University of Ibadan with nine of such graduates while one is from Central University College, Accra, Ghana.
Speaking at the occasion, Pastor Shade Olukoya, who presented the award praised the graduates for dedication to their academic work and serving God at the same time.

According to her, the award was put in place to reward members of MFM who are dedicated to their academic work while also creating time to serve the Almighty God.

source: http://mosvinbami.com/2013/04/09/pastor-olukoya-of-mountain-of-fire-gives-n40m-to-first-class-graduates/
This is the power of motivation at play, here.
At a time when every youth wants to be the next Movie star or Project Fame winner, because of the Prizes attached to them, this is surely a welcome development.
Every well meaning Nigerian should do whatever he can to promote academic excellence in this country.
I wish other Mega Churches can learn from this.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by nijanigga: 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
basty: I was in the maiden edition of the Reward/Award where twelve First Class students were presented with car gifts.
I think this had motivated others to work harder and the number have soared higher.

Thank you G.O.
What's Nigerian first class mean? It's useless outside Nigeria.
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by IYANGBALI: 5:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
mikeapollo: Good.
I can see more churches following suit.

Prophet TB Joshua actually blazed the trail, now other churches are taking a cue!

very soon we of the olumba olumba would start our own
Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by henrysam(m): 5:08pm On Apr 12, 2013
Churches are doing this now to motivates students to go to school and be serious with their education, which will later translate to developments, meanwhile our brothers from the other side are clamouring for amnesty for murderers and destroyers of properties.

1 Like

Re: Dr Olukoya Of MFM Gives N40m To First Class Graduates by abesky(m): 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
God will continue to refresh your anoiting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" / Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Parents, Shades People With Broken Marriages / RCCG - Redemption Camp's 25 Megawatts Power Plant In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.