Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Dating A Hausa Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Hausa Man? (24493 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police / No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2008
sly you're right.
I've been broken down (vehicle wise) in northern Nigeria and had some northerners take good care of us,fed us and gave us a place to sleep.
My grandmother has also taken in  stranded strangers overnight.
you're also right,every tribe has their good and bad elements.
If you were ever around when the almajiris took over control of Kano,Bauchi,Kaduna and Gombe.
I doubt if peace would be the description.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2008
@ poster abeg enjoy your aboki man jo.
which one is my one.
If my Mr Nwando was aboki I would have still married him. cool
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by Sisikill: 10:57pm On Apr 07, 2008
Right, Right. . .and all the other riots by people from other tribes are individually carried out. Why. . .I hear it's only one guy brandishing a gun in the Delta area right now. Yeah, that totally has nothing to do with Ethnicity.

Oh wait. . .we only care about religious riots right?

Once again, thanks for clearing things up.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by Sisikill: 11:05pm On Apr 07, 2008
[B]Aboki[/b]

Lol. . .cute.

@
Sly
I agree with you. . .which is why I'm just gonna sit back, all chilled and whatnot.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 07, 2008
Sisikill:

Right, Right. . .and all the other riots by people from other tribes are individually carried out. Why. . .I hear it's only one guy brandishing a gun in the Delta area right now. Yeah, that totally has nothing to do with Ethnicity.

Oh wait. . .we only care about religious riots right?

Once again, thanks for clearing things up.

is it possible for you to acknowledge a fact ?
like I said,if you were caught on Kabala road during the Kaduna riots,peaceful will not be ya description.

as for the militants in niger delta,they ought to be loaded on a ship and taken out into the deep and have the vessel shot up with giant holes.
and this is my final answer to you. cool
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by tpia: 11:48pm On Apr 07, 2008
@ sly
So please don't let us start any tribal war here. . .it is one of the thing i detest most!!

nairaland without tribal war is like drinking gari without sugar, for some people.

They wouldnt be here but for the opportunity to throw tribal jabs online. Since its not done so easily in real life without the offender getting some heavy duty knock outs.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by SamMilla1(m): 12:40am On Apr 08, 2008
i see nothing wrong in dating a guy from hausa tribe. if he can understand you and vice versa, go ahead,
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by Sisikill: 12:41am On Apr 08, 2008
Ay! So much for being chilled and whatnot.

@ Nwando
Okay, Is it possible for you to acknowledge that if you were caught in an area where there's a riot. . . regardless of who is involved, peaceful won't be a description you'd use?

No matter how you try to spin this. . .the truth is it's because of YOUR bias towards the Hausas you'd think someone saying they prefer a Hausa person is automatically calling none Hausa people evil.

Lol. . .I gotta tell ya, for a moment there, I thought I'd be pulled into a demon casting prayer session because of my personal preference.

Gets down on both knees.
Thank you A l l a h . . .err. . .I mean Jesus for the anonymity the internet provides us ooh. Who knows who would be knocking down my door right now ready to cart me off for deliverance service. Amen! That is the final word you'd use for a prayer, right?

Anyhoo, thanks. . .it's been enlightening to say the least.  cool
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by madamkoko: 1:54am On Apr 08, 2008
Most Hausa men I know are RICH!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by TheSly: 2:17am On Apr 08, 2008
tpia:

@ sly

nairaland without tribal war is like drinking gari without sugar, for some people.

They wouldnt be here but for the opportunity to throw tribal jabs online. Since its not done so easily in real life without the offender getting some heavy duty knock outs.

grin cheesy grin
I feel you bro!. . . . i really don't know what they derive from it. . .

Sisikill:

[B]Aboki[/b]

Lol. . .cute.

@
Sly
I agree with you. . .which is why I'm just going to sit back, all chilled and whatnot.
Yea its ma pleasure to join you as well. . . .Lemme sit back. . relax with ma popcorn! cool
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by maryray(f): 6:26am On Apr 08, 2008
Honey there is absolutely nothing wrong, its just that our other tribes in Nigeria have decided to segregate Hausas. Some say they are illiterate, others say they spend money they dont earn.

My advice as someone else said here is get involved with them if you want to, but be prepared for the possibility of poligamy. I hope u are not a Yoruba cause you wont like d next comment. Yorubas hate hausas for the things they do themselves, that is spend money they do not deserve. You would hear a Yoruba person say we built Lagos and it is one of the most developed places in Nigeria. But truthfully, lagos is only developed because it used to be the capital city. If it is a lie, how come it is that other Yoruba states are worst than bushes, and other states are even better than their states. The only one that is a little better is ibadan because it is close to Lagos, and Abeokuta because Obasanjo has a farm down there. U guyz can dispute this and yan akpata, but i'd probably ignore you, cause u cant argue the truth with people. It is either they want to accept d truth or they dont.

I would rather marry an Akwa ibomite/Calabar, a warri or portharcourt guy, an Ibo guy, than marry a Yoruba grin. Not only do they think too much of themselves (i wonder why), they are also too dirty, even the rich ones! shocked.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by Tonim(f): 9:35am On Apr 08, 2008
@maryray

maryray:

Honey there is absolutely nothing wrong, its just that our other tribes in Nigeria have decided to segregate Hausas. Some say they are illiterate, others say they spend money they don't earn.

My advice as someone else said here is get involved with them if you want to, but be prepared for the possibility of poligamy. I hope u are not a Yoruba
cause you wont like d next comment. Yorubas hate hausas for the things they do themselves, that is spend money they do not deserve.

Yes, but isn't it true ? It is an open secret that hausas are the least educated people in Nigeria yet they spend money any how. The yorubas have
atleast gone to school; they have produced a nobel prize winner and have a reason to celebrate unlike you illiterate hausas.

maryray:

You would hear a Yoruba person say we built Lagos and it is one of the most developed places in Nigeria. But truthfully, lagos is only developed because it used to be the capital city. If it is a lie, how come it is that other Yoruba states are worst than bushes, and other states are even better than their states.

Which state other than lagos in Yorubaland is as backward as Jigawa state ? Is it in education ? Is it in enterpreneurship ? Even
with the huge amount of money accruing to Jigawa from the federation account, it continues to be the poorest state in Nigeria per
capita and most backward state in the Federation.

maryray:

The only one that is a little better is ibadan because it is close to Lagos,

Which Ibadan is close to lagos ? Ibadan was developed by the former western region by money from cocoa. We had the
tallest building in west africa at the time, the first radio station, and so on. So, Lagos played no role in the development
of Ibadan.

Hausas have ruled Nigeria for the bulk of its life since Independence, yet, you people are the least educated and poorest.
Year after year, hausas are at the bottom of the pile of students seeking admission to universities.

maryray:

and Abeokuta because Obasanjo has a farm down there.

Obasanjo does not have a farm in Abeokuta, his farm is at Ota. It's apparent you don't know what you are
talking about.

maryray:

You guys can dispute this and yan akpata, but i'd probably ignore you, cause u can't argue the truth with people. It is either they want to accept d truth or they don't.

I would rather marry an Akwa ibomite/Calabar, a warri or portharcourt guy, an Ibo guy, than marry a Yoruba grin. Not only do they think too much of themselves (i wonder why), they are also too dirty, even the rich ones! shocked.[/color]

eyaa, I apologize for the yoruba guy that dumped your ugly behind. Atleast, the musslims in Yorubaland do not chop

off people's hands for stealing or sentence their women to be stoned

to death for committing adultery. They have chosen to embrace civilization unlike you hausas.

All over Nigeria, hausas go door to door begging people for money. What an Accomplished set of people shocked

Please go and address your illiteracy in the north. Go and tell your people that there is more to education
than learning about the Kooran.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by bebe2007(m): 9:42am On Apr 08, 2008
I dated one and i can say he was a regular guy. Nothing different. Very polished and neat though, that was the initial attraction of course. You can get along with them very well but do not mess with their religious beliefs, if you do, count yourself out. He would pray before sex (which was mind blowing though), pray after sex etc i didnt understand it man!!! well who are we to judge. He was quite arrogant and hard hearted (individual xteristic) and that was what lead to our break up.

A lot of them are polygamous by nature just like all men generally. If you do not mind the religious difference then go for it girl, you would learn one or two things
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by chukz4real(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2008
@ All contributors
Dont personally think different about Hausa guys. Am a guy myself and had lived in the north (Kaduna/Niger states) for 8yrs. Hausa guys are as good as every other guy we meet all the time. Very lovely and accomodating people provided u don't talk ill of their religion.

My Own take!
From my observations while in Zaria, I found out that southern ladies majorly dates Hausa guys not for love but for material gain. A typical religious Hausa guy would pay some sort of money to a certain lady for merely approaching toasting or razzling irrespective of the outcome. This gesture is one major aspect that drives southern gals crazy about Hausa guys.

The most annoying aspect was that, all through my years in Zaria (Campus), I never saw nor heard of any real Hausa gal (a religious Hausa girl) having any sort of affair with a southern guy (Christian). I meant never heard nor seen with my eyes. Majority of my friends over there were Hausa guys, all dating Igbo girls. Well, before and after our NYSC, majority of those my Hausa friends got married to fellow Hausa ladies.

Hmmmmmmm, a southern lady dating an Hausa guy is like excusing a lady for a dance in a club: "Excuse me dance!", mind you that after the dance, everyone goes back home to his/her respective person.

shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue cry lipsrsealed
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by chukz4real(m): 11:16am On Apr 08, 2008
@Caradona
b]I've never dated an Hausa Man before, But I've had sex with One. so I don't know if that counts.
I must say I'd enjoyed it very much. I had to take alot of painkillers Tablets because he was very rough.

[/b]

Na wa oooo. Abeg no vex Caradona, bebe2007 and Sisikill. I hear sey dem no dey circumsize hausa men 3rd legs dem ooooo. Caradona, tell us from experience if an uncircumsized 3rd leg can fit well in condom and if the pointed hmmmmm was the actual place that gave you the , that made u resort to taking painkillers ooooooooo

grin wink shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by bebe2007(m): 11:31am On Apr 08, 2008
@chukz4real

Well the one i dated was circumcised dont know about others. Everything about him was normal ok.I have heard the rumour before too. Dont think it applies to all of them.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by peeboy(m): 1:09pm On Apr 08, 2008
Why this xenophobic question? it beats my imagination why a Nigerian should ask the question. Despite the government's effort to integrate the country. EXCEPT, the writer has a problem with Hausa people if not "take a dive" this may be God sent opportunity, grab it. I am waiting for my invitation letter. grin
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by frank316(m): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2008
My sister, if you are not a Muslim and you want to marry a Hausa guy who is a Muslim, you better think twice.

you are very safe if he is a Christian, no problem with that.

if he is a Muslim, i assure you that you will continue to remain stranger in your own home.
go and learn more about their culture, i bet you will have a re-think. here are some important things about Hausa Muslims that you must know.

Once you are married to them, you are stuck indoor for more than half of the rest of your life. you dont talk to any other male, or go out unnecessary(especially if he is a fanatic)

they see women as second class citezens, you cant make any decision in your own home, what he says is absolute and you must obey, infact your obedience makes him love you more.

if you are not converted after a period of time, there will be pressure from his people to take another woman, this you cant stop since his decision remains absolute

there will definitely be more wives, its like a train on a track, be assured of that.

marriage is a life time thing and not a dating thing, have you asked your self how the relationship will be in the next five years especially when you put all these variables into consideration?

LOOK, they can be very good lovers, and are very caring, this is because of they way they love jealously, but the bad news is that they are capable of giving that same love to multiple women.

if you love him so much and dont want to let go, then, to make your marriage work, get converted and learn to stay indoor, avoid people(especially males), forget about your education, be ready to be like a slave to him.

no offence to my Hausa friends, you guys are great.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by faketan(m): 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2008
Walahi talahi! Hausa fefle are bery bery good fifle.

flease maary one ip you can. esfecially ip he baths
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by kemisuga(f): 3:33pm On Apr 08, 2008
Hmmmn Hausa men.

The few ones I met are nice and very responsible. It is not all Hausa men that are polygamous.

Again, it is rare you see a stingy Hausa men. They are free givers. But they can get annoyed too sometimes.
If you come across an educated one, you will prefer to date him.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by muhbest(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2008
Hey
Guys what's wrong with Hausa people, we are more honest then any other tribes in Nigeria, I met a lot other different Nigeria tribes here in the US of A, when i told them I am Hausa from Kaduna they look at me funny and ask me, what are you doing here in USA, apart from the culture and religion we are all the same people, and better looking.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2008
muhbest:

Hey
Guys what's wrong with Hausa people, we are more honest then any other tribes in Nigeria, I met a lot other different Nigeria tribes here in the US of A, when i told them I am Hausa from Kaduna they look at me funny and ask me, what are you doing here in USA, apart from the culture and religion we are all the same people, and better looking.

LOL.
How do you guys stay so slim though?
The men are tall and lanky just like obama grin
not all those potbellied southerners lipsrsealed
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by muhbest(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2008
frank 3.16 you are very wrong, you can not speak for Hausa, everybody is different , you are just generalizing.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2008
nwando:

LOL.
How do you guys stay so slim though?
The men are tall and lanky just like obama grin
not all those potbellied southerners lipsrsealed

hehehehehehehe cheesy
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by muhbest(m): 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2008
We usually to go the jim and workout to stay in shape 24/7
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by muhbest(m): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2008
deola1 to hell with you, you are disgusting
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2008
deola1:

they're disgusting undecided
awww, that's unfair now.

There are good Hausa men and there are bad Hausa men, same goes for every tribe.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by muhbest(m): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2008
That's what i am talking about, there is good and bad people everywhere, FYI we have less arm robbers in the north too.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by ssRhino: 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2008
I never knew there is a different in the tribe when it comes to dating, i used to think that dating is an individual thing till i read this post,
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by sammyzacks(m): 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2008
every lady or gentleman should be able to relate well with everyone regardless of their religious or cultural backgrounds.

but since dating is the first stage towards getting married, its important to consider your values and make sure you dont have to compromise them while dating anyone.

cheers my people.
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by SweetT1: 6:56pm On Apr 08, 2008
@Poster

It just depends on the kind of Hausa man he is. Hausa people can be the most loyal person and the best of friend you could ever have. but if you mess around and befriend a fanatic, you are in trouble if you ever offend him. But on the whole i think the non fanatics are the best of people. They are free minded people unlike some tribes i know in nigeria that will waiting for you to sleep so they sell you to the highest bidder ! grin grin
Re: Dating A Hausa Man? by Uche2nna(m): 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2008
Sweet T:

@Poster

It just depends on the kind of Hausa man he is. Hausa people can be the most loyal person and the best of friend you could ever have. but if you mess around and befriend a fanatic, you are in trouble if you ever offend him. But on the whole i think the non fanatics are the best of people. They are free minded people unlike some tribes i know in nigeria that will waiting for you to sleep so they sell you to the highest bidder ! grin grin

They are really cool, I mean the Hausas. I grew up in Kano and enjoyed every bit of it. But then, here is the caveat. U guys are best of friends until the issue of religion comes up. Then that is when u see a whole new side grin Most of them , anyway.

(1) (2) (3)

“6 Ways A 'side Chic' Can Trick Her Man Into Spending For Her / Why Are Most Nigerian Guys So Wicked And Silly / is Sending Unclad Pictures An Expression Of Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.