Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... (25039 Views)

First Goalscorers In Prominent Nigerian Stadiums / Pictures Of Nigeria's Stadiums / Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by okparafestus: 11:30am On Apr 13, 2013
federal govt has too much load on it so that is the result you will get.Am of the opinion that govt has no business in business, they should just sit back and collect tax and revenue.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by anonimi: 11:31am On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile:
This is the same eagles they are showering millions and gifts on all over the place while they care less about their home field.

Excuse me, how much did Fashola and LASG shower also on "the same eagles"
Maybe you should have suggested to your boss to put the money down to maintain "their home field" seeing you are so passionate about that subject.
Or maybe your concern is not out of patriotic zeal or altruistic purpose!

BTW, what is the capacity of that Balogun stadium
Compared to the stadium of what category of football club in England since you guys were comparing the refurbished airports with those abroad.
Let's go there!!!
ACN e-propaganda crew.

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by naptu2: 11:32am On Apr 13, 2013
okpara festus: federal govt has too much load on it so that is the result you will get.Am of the opinion that govt has no business in business, they should just sit back and collect tax and revenue.

Here's someone I agree with. They should allow private investors to manage the stadium.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by AkinDavid2: 11:34am On Apr 13, 2013
omenka:

OP you are a LIAR!!!! Those are pictures of Yankari Game reserve and not a stadium!

You got me cracking 10times grin grin grin
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by kabaka1: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2013
Our FG's maintenance culture just baffles me
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Arcard(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2013
I think dy shld jst put artificial turf there
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by dumodust(m): 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
These politicians are all the same so stop the comparisons... Lagos state just recently hosted the national sports festival in teslim balogun stadium so the recent renovation and clean up will still be in place. Maybe we should compare national stadium to teslim balogun stadium when we're hosting world cup or something else big
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by naptu2: 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
dumodust: These politicians are all the same so stop the comparisons... Lagos state just recently hosted the national sports festival in teslim balogun stadium so the recent renovation and clean up will still be in place. Maybe we should compare national stadium to teslim balogun stadium when we're hosting world cup or something else big

I think the point he's making is that the Teslim Balogun Stadium has not been allowed to deteriorate to that level since it was opened in 2007, whereas the National Stadium has been left to get to that level several times. (In my opinion, one of the reasons for this is the artificial turf, which is easier to maintain).

Therefore, the question for me is, how do we prevent our stadia from deteriorating to this appalling state?
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by EkoIle1: 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
the_ripper2: ACN touts seem to b more vociferous these days, waht is wrong with d PDP laptop gang? They have become laconic of late.

why is this about political parties and not about issues affecting your country?
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by MrMcJay(m): 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
dumodust: These politicians are all the same so stop the comparisons... Lagos state just recently hosted the national sports festival in teslim balogun stadium so the recent renovation and clean up will still be in place. Maybe we should compare national stadium to teslim balogun stadium when we're hosting world cup or something else big

Ok. Do you know since when Onikan Stadium had been cleaned up? More than 3 years ago. We're talking about Teslim Stadium here which had its ahare not too long ago. FG properties all over Lagos are mere architectural cadavers. Go to Broad Street and you'll see them: FG Prining press, Fed Min of Justice, CBN flats, etc. Another comparison is the Federal and State Fire Service offices around 'Barracks' by dt Ojuelegba area. I swear, the firefighters there would be ashamed of the FG.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Abok1(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

why is this about your political parties and about issues affecting your country?

Rather than facing the issue at hand and acknowledging FG's incompetence in the management of infrastructures and resources, the political lapdog would rather shift the blame to someone being an opposition. When did being an opposition makes it impossible to point accusing fingers to the authority when they are acting irresponsibly?

Rather than addressing the issue, the Fg chose the easy way out which is handing over the management to a third party. While this is not a bad idea its becoming nauseating by the day. i think the FG should as well hand over the governance and the security of the whole country to private companies, because they are also incompetent in those areas. What does it take to employ a responsible approach for once? Power is not working, we privatise; Telecoms not functioning well, we privatise; then why do we have the ministry of works and the ministry of sports. Every thing seems to be mismanaged and we are complaining of the non-employment of youths when the answer is starring us in the face. Do you know how many jobs would be created for the youths by simply creating a department to manage these stadiums around the country?

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by hishandmaid(f): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
Too bad for my sight to behold but what do we expect from ppl who knowns next to nothing about sport & its admin. Maybe, these stadiums will apply for amnesty or should I say govt should grant the grass amnesty. God help & bls Nigeria.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Symphony007: 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Wait until 40 laptop fools headed by @sinceregoat call you a "hater". Thesame government budgeting 4 billion naira for mission house of the first lady?

Indeed, this is breath of fresh air!
i honestly don't know what nigerians won't blame this president for, please tomorrow if you can't tie your shoe, please blame jonathan. You expect the president who is dealing with boko haram,mend,economy,foreign affairsetc to also be aware of the state of abuja stadium? What does the NFF do? Or the sports ministry? Why can't the national assembly sports commitee call hearing on why the stadium is like that. Nigerians are just so ignorant to seperation of power and duty. All they know is if anything is bad, it's jonathan fault.

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by IYANGBALI: 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile: Funny enough, the rotten Abuja stadium is the eagles home stadium, but the eagles can not use this stadium or welcome any foreign football team for any game or friendly at this stadium. Right now, they borrow borrow stadiums to practice all over the country.

This is the same eagles they are showering millions and gifts on all over the place while they care less about their home field.

Just imagine... The African football champs don't have a functioning home stadium...

only in Nigeria.. smh...
kai shame dey catch me,our leaders no get brain at all at all
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by IYANGBALI: 1:34pm On Apr 13, 2013
Symphony007: i honestly don't know what nigerians won't blame this president for, please tomorrow if you can't tie your shoe, please blame jonathan. You expect the president who is dealing with boko haram,mend,economy,foreign affairsetc to also be aware of the state of abuja stadium? What does the NFF do? Or the sports ministry? Why can't the national assembly sports commitee call hearing on why the stadium is like it. Nigerian are just so ignorant to seperation of power and duty. All the know is if anything is bad, it's jonathan fault.
shut the fok up,good or bad,the bulk stops at his table,that is why he is the president and commander in thief of the armed forces,if he cannot get the job done,he should throw in the towel and stop defending shiit
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by EkoIle1: 1:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
Symphony007: i honestly don't know what nigerians won't blame this president for, please tomorrow if you can't tie your shoe, please blame jonathan. You expect the president who is dealing with boko haram,mend,economy,foreign affairsetc to also be aware of the state of abuja stadium? What does the NFF do? Or the sports ministry? Why can't the national assembly sports commitee call hearing on why the stadium is like it. Nigerian are just so ignorant to seperation of power and duty. All the know is if anything is bad, it's jonathan fault.

It means the president hired incompetent people from the minister down to the sports commission and not firing them remains a reflection of his own incompetence and tolerance for incompetence, corruption and mismanagement.

We saw the same rot and neglect with the police colleges all over the country, now tell me, who was reprimanded for that mess, who was fired, who was prosecuted for mismanagement of funds? Nobody.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
So this picture comparing past and present still made front page? Nothing spoil

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by anonimi: 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: shut the fok up,good or bad,the bulk stops at his table,that is why he is the president and commander in thief of the armed forces,if he cannot get the job done,he should throw in the towel and stop defending shiit

I am sure you will agree the buck stops at Fash-Ole's table for the flooded streets of Lagos such as the one below in Aboru, Agbado/OkeOdo LCDA

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Symphony007: 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

It means the president hired incompetent people from the minister down to the sports commission and not firing them remains a reflection of his own incompetence and tolerance for incompetence, corruption and mismanagement.

We saw the same rot and neglect with the police colleges all over the country, now tell me, who was reprimanded for that mess, who was fired, who was prosecuted for mismanagement of funds? Nobody.

let me lecture you and other nigerians how government work. The president is one man, and the federal government is a gaint machine. Do you expect him with all the problems on his plate to have an eagles view on everything? No! That's why we have legislators, who do that oversight work for him together the national assembly has more than 400 members are hundreds of commitees on different issues. Why have'nt they been called out for failing to do their job by seeing problems, calling public hearings and bringing to issues to the national discussion and to the presidents attention? Where was the house and senate commitees on police affairs all these years when the police college was falling apart? Where is the house and senate commitee on sports when the abuja stadium is crumbling. Nigerians have encouraged the laziness of a group of people that consume 25% of our budget, because they know they can never be blamed for anything. Their is always the gainst piniada called jonathan who everyone will take a swipe at when things go wrong.

5 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by EkoIle1: 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
Abok1:

Rather than facing the issue at hand and acknowledging FG's incompetence in the management of infrastructures and resources, the political lapdog would rather shift the blame to someone being an opposition. When did being an opposition makes it impossible to point accusing fingers to the authority when they are acting irresponsibly?

Rather than addressing the issue, the Fg chose the easy way out which is handing over the management to a third party. While this is not a bad idea its becoming nauseating by the day. i think the FG should as well hand over the governance and the security of the whole country to private companies, because they are also incompetent in those areas. What does it take to employ a responsible approach for once? Power is not working, we privatise; Telecoms not functioning well, we privatise; then why do we have the ministry of works and the ministry of sports. Every thing seems to be mismanaged and we are complaining of the non-employment of youths when the answer is starring us in the face. Do you know how many jobs would be created for the youths by simply creating a department to manage these stadiums around the country?

It is really mind buggling. The ministries and the ministers are basically worthless, they just collect budgets and paychecks. I don't even think they know the reason why they are their or what their job descriptions are and it get complicated and recycled because the leadership is the same, they don't care, they are equally incompetent and they don't punish offenders or demand better, they just move on till the next scandal pops up...
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Symphony007: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
IYA NGBALI: shut the fok up,good or bad,the bulk stops at his table,that is why he is the president and commander in thief of the armed forces,if he cannot get the job done,he should throw in the towel and stop defending shiit
i refer you to my response above.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by EkoIle1: 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
Symphony007: let me lecture you and other nigerians how government work. The president is one man, and the federal government is a gaint machine. Do you expect him with all the problems on his plate to have an eagles view on everything? No! That's why we have legislators, who do that oversight work for him together the national assembly has more than 400 members are hundreds of commitees on different issues. Why have'nt they been called out for failing to do their job by seeing problems, calling public hearings and bringing to issues to the national discussion and to the presidents attention? Where was the house and senate commitees on police affairs all these years when the police college was falling apart? Where is the house and senate commitee on sports when the abuja stadium is crumbling. Nigerians have encouraged the laziness of a group of people that consume 25% of our budget, because they know they can never be blamed for anything. Their is always the gainst piniada called jonathan who everyone will take a swipe at when things go wrong.

You sound very shallow. Reading your posts makes me feel like I'm insulting my own intelligence.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by naptu2: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
Symphony007: i honestly don't know what nigerians won't blame this president for, please tomorrow if you can't tie your shoe, please blame jonathan. You expect the president who is dealing with boko haram,mend,economy,foreign affairsetc to also be aware of the state of abuja stadium? What does the NFF do? Or the sports ministry? Why can't the national assembly sports commitee call hearing on why the stadium is like that. Nigerians are just so ignorant to seperation of power and duty. All they know is if anything is bad, it's jonathan fault.

What does the NFA have to do with the management of the National Stadium
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Evestar200(f): 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2013
Let dem come nd play in warri city stadium if they dont hv gud stadiums in naija again
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2013
judas!!!!!!!!!!!!! that romantic, sexy stadium brings bad luck thats why its allowed to grow WEEDS AND SHRUBS cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by naptu2: 2:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
Symphony007: let me lecture you and other nigerians how government work. The president is one man, and the federal government is a gaint machine. Do you expect him with all the problems on his plate to have an eagles view on everything? No! That's why we have legislators, who do that oversight work for him together the national assembly has more than 400 members are hundreds of commitees on different issues. Why have'nt they been called out for failing to do their job by seeing problems, calling public hearings and bringing to issues to the national discussion and to the presidents attention? Where was the house and senate commitees on police affairs all these years when the police college was falling apart? Where is the house and senate commitee on sports when the abuja stadium is crumbling. Nigerians have encouraged the laziness of a group of people that consume 25% of our budget, because they know they can never be blamed for anything. Their is always the gainst piniada called jonathan who everyone will take a swipe at when things go wrong.

Personally I prefer to assess the performance of agencies rather than personalities, but I can understand those who choose to call out the president.

The National Assembly can only complain and investigate, but they can't do more than that in this case. The job of managing the stadium lies with the executive. The President is the head of the executive.

The stadium is meant to be managed by the ministry, sports commission and stadium manager. There is only one person who has the power to sack all these people. That's the President. He also appoints these people. The ministers job is actually to act as a representative of the president and he serves at the pleasure of the President. If he performs well, the President gets the glory. So what do you think should happen if he doesn't perform well?

Like President Truman wrote on his desk, "the buck stops here".
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by adoniza(m): 2:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
What a shame!
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by okechukwu2013: 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
Trying so hard to enjoy my saturday but can't really do that with another national bad news!from nairaland BTW oooooooo! Can someone out there tell me just one good thing in this country presently. Just something good for a change!just 1
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by theripper2: 2:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

why is this about political parties and not about issues affecting your country?

Ur diligent works on nairaland precedes u sir, well, no denying the gross mismanagement, dereliction and incompetence of the FG but this ur perpetual "we vs them", "they against us", ACN vs PDP skirmishes is becoming banal really. Sometimes, one might think Lagos state is an separate country with the way u passionately present ur arguments.

Mayb it is time u started proffering solutions to the rot that has enveloped Nigeria abi ur own opposition na to castigate Federal Government always

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by EkoIle1: 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
the_ripper2:

Ur diligent works on nairaland precedes u sir, well, no denying the gross mismanagement, dereliction and incompetence of the FG but this ur perpetual "we vs them", "they against us", ACN vs PDP skirmishes is becoming banal really. Sometimes, one might think Lagos state is an separate country with the way u passionately present ur arguments.

Mayb it is time u started proffering solutions to the rot that has enveloped Nigeria abi ur own opposition na to castigate Federal Government always

This is about Nigeria, not about political parties and if you feel like talking about political parties, start your own topic about political parties and knock yourself out..
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Plutonium(m): 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
The minister of sports should resign in shame. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hope Uzodimma Receives Desire Oparanozie, Chiamaka Nnadozie, Osinachi Ohale / Arsenal Offer Ozil To Juventus On Loan For Chance To Reunite Him With Ronaldo / Man Burns His Arsenal Jersey After Loss To Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.