Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? (21429 Views)

How Much Is Baking Soda... And Where Can I Buy It From / Where Can I Buy Baking Soda Pls? / Baking Soda And Baking Powder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Cosmopolice: 7:15am On Apr 16, 2013
If you really care to know wat happened
Odunnu: Cocacola acquired them

You were right
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/coca-cola-nigeria-consolidates-franchise-bottling-operations/78518/

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by ceejay80s(m): 7:15am On Apr 16, 2013
Dr pepper & three top nko ?
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by MMM2(m): 7:17am On Apr 16, 2013
Even champion beer angry
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 16, 2013
Nosyke:
Exactly my question too. Just a couple of months back, while chatting with a friend, I was asking him why we don't see this drinks anymore.
I remember then in School, it used to be a quick lunch while waiting for Lectures(in archival).
Just get a bottle with bread and one is good to go.

Lolzzz,
put am for change am leave am for conji put for socer hilight man u firsthalf arsenal second half. put am for african magic elder womi dey here !!!!!!
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 16, 2013
Limca still dey market
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Sweetapple007(f): 7:31am On Apr 16, 2013
Those disappear f others to appea.r
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 16, 2013
limca used to be my everyday drink wen i was in JSS1....
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by caliyung(m): 7:46am On Apr 16, 2013
cryThose wre my fevourite den
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by 9zbabe: 7:47am On Apr 16, 2013
bros, so u neva 4get this advat?
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by azimibraun: 7:49am On Apr 16, 2013
Cigar target e o! Na wa! Cigar target e o! Na super!!!! Wia cigar target go na? Chai! Smthing when I plan to smoke if I grow , wen I come grow Target dissapear.. Dats why I vex no come smoke for my life again.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by swaggrbabe: 7:52am On Apr 16, 2013
Nosyke:
Exactly my question too. Just a couple of months back, while chatting with a friend, I was asking him why we don't see this drinks anymore.
I remember then in School, it used to be a quick lunch while waiting for Lectures(in archival).
Just get a bottle with bread and one is good to go.

Lolzzz,
U went to MICHEAL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE UMUDIKE. Nice one.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by tinuolababy(f): 7:58am On Apr 16, 2013
what of Afri-Cola?
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Gombs(m): 7:59am On Apr 16, 2013
chiover: [color=#006600] put am for change am leave am for conji put for socer hilight man u firsthalf arsenal second half. put am for african magic elder womi dey here !!!!!!

Lord have mercy!
See broken pidgin english na
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by wengerjay(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2013
Limca,limca,limca!
LIMCA,THE ZING THING!!
That advert is stil vividly in my memory.

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by akatonero(m): 8:13am On Apr 16, 2013
Extinction grin grin grin
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Ferdinandu(m): 8:14am On Apr 16, 2013
Odunnu: Cocacola acquired them
That's the rule of business,find all possible legal means to crush your competitors,get them to work for you or send them off the market.Limca is now working for Cocacola
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by pure123: 8:21am On Apr 16, 2013
maclatunji: I don't see Gold Spot, Parle Soda and even Limca anymore, so what happened to them?

ask google.com
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Liadi2(m): 8:23am On Apr 16, 2013
Not only those drinks, what okin biscuit short cake and the round one, de do not exits due to the mis-management of our people.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by aadetoyin(f): 8:25am On Apr 16, 2013
Davluck: How come you didn't mention Tandi? I loved that drink.

I miss Tandi too. That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread. Tandi was just different. grin
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by OgBetty(f): 8:25am On Apr 16, 2013
Wat happened 2 CRUSH? It has bin bot ova by men, dy use it on gals
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by maclatunji: 8:28am On Apr 16, 2013
wengerjay: Limca,limca,limca!
LIMCA,THE ZING THING!!
That advert is stil vividly in my memory.

Gold Spot is the Zing thing. Limca is the Lime 'n' Lemoni drink.

2 Likes

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by ebonywummy(f): 8:30am On Apr 16, 2013
Limca is still in the market. It is available in some parts of Lagos and Ogun state.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 16, 2013
Gombs:

Lord have mercy!
See broken pidgin english na
u won't understand d english. Don't even try
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by kutchs: 8:34am On Apr 16, 2013
ifyalways: Limca advert back in the days :

when you are having fun together
music and drink together
all you need is a drink to get the groove together
all you need is a drink
limca !
All you need is a drink
limca !

Parle soda is my kind of drink
cheers.(a guy working out on a bicycle with a towel in his neck)
cheesy

Limca and Parle soda are still found in Onitsha.Gold spot is what I've not seen for sometime now.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Gooogle(m): 8:38am On Apr 16, 2013
logica: A competitor acquired them yet you don't see how it explains their disappearance from the market?
There are several reasons for acquisitions and one of them is to acquire the technology or critical components of the company or even strip the assets and do away with the company. There is also the critical destruction theory that says every product or company undergoes a full life cycle and after which it goes into extinction.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by ochukoccna: 8:42am On Apr 16, 2013
Gombs: maclatunji no vex abeg...but shey na say na because say na you, na him dis thread reach front page?

I wanna know whether its by privilege, or coincidence, or relevance of the topic.

So, if I shd open a thread with say this your topic, wud it av made frnt page?

Ok na, since its made front page, you asked what happened to them, at first I wondered whether google website was down or whether they are out of business, but then lemme try ansa you, they didn't stand d test of time.

I knw say dem fit ban me for being a pessimist, or even hide my post...but then, na una sabi sha
Its called abuse of power nairaland style
And you thought only our politicians do such
BIGMANISM ala 9ja style
Deal with it
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Esinwaju: 8:45am On Apr 16, 2013
jackbauerspower: Parle soda gbe gbe igbe mi..... lipsrsealed
Exactly the post I was waiting to see!
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Esinwaju: 8:48am On Apr 16, 2013
Who needs all these when better alomo dey market?
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Sike(m): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2013
maclatunji: I don't see Gold Spot, Parle Soda and even Limca anymore, so what happened to them?
Barnished i guess. tongue
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Lilimax(f): 8:55am On Apr 16, 2013
Otses: I used to like Limca way back then, what a pity it's no longer available.
Limca is still available. My cousin is working with them in Onitsha-Anambra state.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by paparazzi1987(m): 8:59am On Apr 16, 2013
Nowadays hardly will you see KUNNU and SOBO drinks;FURA and WARA drinks are circulating everywhere,why?
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 16, 2013
We used to have lots of crates of goldspot, limca and crush in our store way back in the 80's when my mom do sell crates of drinks.

Adu du du dum limca...i remember the advert way back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Soya Beans Cake / Are some retailers deliberately hiking prices? Whats happening In Nigeria? / How Much Would You Have Bought These Plantains In Your Area In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.