Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? (21409 Views)

How Much Is Baking Soda... And Where Can I Buy It From / Where Can I Buy Baking Soda Pls? / Baking Soda And Baking Powder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by devour129: 2:58pm On Apr 16, 2013
Strawberry flavor of Maltina nko ? If you drink that malt here,the smell no go leave the room for days so any time we steal it, we will bring out Ogiri and leave it open to cover to scent.

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Dansadaumallam(m): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
It seems you arenot informed that they were bought over by the coca-cola company.what is the Government role in the free business of enterprises.better be focused on the main topic and stop derailing.
Ama28: I thought Limca is still circulation at Awka? That's where I saw it last few years ago.
Anyway most companies winding up still boils down to our government's hostility towards production.
The fact that we are still a consumer nation at this age in time is appalling.

We are busy importing energy drink and juice (poisons). Then you can imagine the effect such importation for 160million people will have on foreign market!
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by deavicky(m): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
u no find am well limca, gold spot, dey from Enugu state dawnward to the northern Nigeria. na we for here no dey gree drink am. that na why limca live us to our faith with cocacola
maclatunji: I don't see Gold Spot, Parle Soda and even Limca anymore, so what happened to them?
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Samxiulee: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
Gombs: maclatunji no vex abeg...but shey na say na because say na you, na him dis thread reach front page?

I wanna know whether its by privilege, or coincidence, or relevance of the topic.

So, if I shd open a thread with say this your topic, wud it av made frnt page?

Ok na, since its made front page, you asked what happened to them, at first I wondered whether google website was down or whether they are out of business, but then lemme try ansa you, they didn't stand d test of time.

I knw say dem fit ban me for being a pessimist, or even hide my post...but then, na una sabi sha
ooh pls,you and your fans should move over to tontoh dike's thread,btw you are not a pessimist,but a juvenile.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by hrykanu231(m): 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
Prior to their acquisition, these brands had HIGH preference for sales than consumer satisfaction(forgetting that we had already entered the era of consumerism and consumer sovereignty in the early 1990's). They opted to measure shoulder-to-shoulder with competitors as at against brand positioning.
I equally fink their promotional strategy was poor, hence their extinction from the market place.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by SupaMan4live(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
maclatunji:

That I know but it does not explain their disappearance from the market.

Parle India sold the ingredient to Coca Cola Intl and the Nigerian Companies bottling the drink lost their rights. Coca Cola decided to kill Goldspot and Parle Soda so that it does not compete with Fanta and Tonic water/Soda water.

It is a shark eat shark world.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Harry4cas(m): 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
You guys are forgettin KREST and MINANQUA lol

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Emmancy: 9:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
That reminds me of Afri-Cola too, you remember that?
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by megachuks(m): 8:12am On Apr 17, 2013
Dead and buried. Lol
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by HerexG(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2013
jackbauerspower: Parle soda gbe gbe igbe mi..... lipsrsealed

Oh i remember that advert

Parle soda gbe
Igbe mi lo le
Parle soda gbe
Igbe mi lo le
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by gisoj: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
Otses: I used to like Limca way back then, what a pity it's no longer available.
Limca is still very much available infact it's waxing stronger it now has a 50cl bottle in addition to the 35cl bottle. Though it is acquired by coca cola but it's doing very fine in the market. if you live in lagos you will know this.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Xperience12: 10:19am On Oct 11, 2017
limca is back
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Adaumunocha(f): 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
I saw limca last week in Anambra... But still very scarce in Abuja.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by bisitopi: 11:05am On Apr 13, 2020
Gold Spot was withdrawn by Coke from the market in order to re-make space for Coca-Cola's Fanta brand.[

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Fried Rice Look Green? / How Much Would You Have Bought These Plantains In Your Area In Nigeria ? / Ghanaian Artiste Throws Plantain, Yam And Hens To Crowd On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.