Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Post Abuja Jobs Here - Jobs/Vacancies (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Post Abuja Jobs Here (2058788 Views)

Follow This Thread For Abuja Jobs / Abuja Jobs: Join Our Web/design Team / Abuja Jobs 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (898) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Evina(f): 11:52am On Jul 15, 2016
I am AMAZED that inspite of the countless threads opened in this section, to advice job seekers on effective job search techniques, we still have people who make the silly mistake of sending CVs without composing a message and worse still not attaching their CVs.

Let's be guided.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Eugenius712(m): 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
StepTwo:

lol, are you waiting for me to get a job through them before u try?

they are people am very close to, i have dealings with them

this is an employment agency, reputable one at that, you dont have to pay to get a job.

all you need is a good presentation during their interview and you will be sent to where you are needed.

you should try them

their interviews are every thursdays, 9am

buy u can try their office for info.
I would say am lucky to come across this thread. Please I need a proper description of VLA Abuja office address. I want to also know their age criteria for giving jobs. thanks
StepTwo:

this is an employment agency, reputable one at that, you dont have to pay to get a job.

all you need is a good presentation during their interview and you will be sent to where you are needed.

you should try them

I would say am lucky to come across this thread. Please I need a proper description of VLA Abuja office address. I want to also know their age criteria for giving jobs. thanks
StepTwo:

you should try them

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
Evina:
I am AMAZED that inspite of the countless threads opened in this section, to advice job seekers on effective job search techniques, we still have people who make the silly mistake of sending CVs without composing a message and worse still not attaching their CVs.

Let's be guided.
Lol...This is why i will never take up a teaching job, some peeps won't just learn.

Pele dear, pls just consider those that sent theirs without composing a message.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by StepTwo: 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
Eugenius712:
I would say am lucky to come across this thread. Please I need a proper description of VLA Abuja office address. I want to also know their age criteria for giving jobs. thanks I would say am lucky to come across this thread. Please I need a proper description of VLA Abuja office address. I want to also know their age criteria for giving jobs. thanks I would say am lucky to come across this thread. Please I need a proper description of VLA Abuja office address. I want to also know their age criteria for giving jobs. thanks

I dont know of any age criteria for their jobs, but they love smart and outspoken persons.

most prefered are OND and HND holders.

their office is located inside "THE VALLEY PLAZA" , 2nd floor , opposite ecobank and inversely opposite AP PLAZA
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
There's an opening for a receptionist at Amberjack Studios, if you know anyone who is interested, interview is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 8am. Amberjack Nig Ltd is at No.3 Kudang Street off Monrovia Street off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse 2. Monrovia street is opposite Park and Shop entrance and Kudang is the 2nd left turn off Monrovia. Tel:08184991351. Come with your CV please
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ticker(m): 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
olufunmivicky:

weris is karu?
karu is between abuja and Nassarawa. olufunmivicky, if you remove interested. PM me your number and I will call you. cheers
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ticker(m): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
olufunmivicky:

weris is karu?
karu is between abuja and Nassarawa
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services.
MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.

The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.

Job Title: COMMUNITY MOBILISATION AND MARKETING OFFICER

Reporting to: Regional Manager

Key Responsibilities:
· Analysis and identification of key targets from a range of potential client groups
· Activities with agreed target groups that result in them using MSION strategic services (O/R, SF, SM, clinic)
· Reflection and reporting on impact of CMMO activities and to management with recommendations on service provision
Analysis and identification of key targets from a range of potential client groups
· Using the geographical boundaries develop a clear list of potential target groups by segment, identifying issues that affect community to access, utilization and uptake of RH, long acting contraception and family planning services
· Identify promotion partners (eg SF owners)
· Development and disbursement of information along agreed lines appropriate to the segment
· Meetings to deliver training
· Brand promotion
Reflection and reporting on impact of community mobilisation activities and to management with recommendations on service provision
· Routine monitoring and reporting of all activities and their impact
· Client satisfaction surveys
· Meetings with service providers to report feedback

Skills and Experience
Knowledge/Qualifications
· 1st degree in any discipline
· Able to communicate fluently in the local Nigerian Language
· Good understanding of the local area and ability to investigate and analyse
· Fluent in spoken and written English
· Must be able to speak with authority and confidence about community attitudes and family planning. They must therefore have knowledge gained through study or equivalent professional experience on modern contraception, health services and local community organisation
· Computer literate is an advantage

Skills/Experience
· Essential to this work is demonstrated drive and creativity to find new ways of communication and engaging with potential clients across a range of market segments with specific examples of when you have found new ways to resolve a project issue.
· Strong organizational abilities that enable you to manage your workload, follow through on objectives and meet deadlines
· Proven communications, presentation and negotiation skills. You must be able to “sell” the services that MSION offers in a way that attracts support and report clearly and without prejudice on outcomes
· Demonstrated empathy in working in underserved communities and working to impact on the lives of women
· Networking skills are essential
· Experience in managing volunteers an advantage

How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to career@mariestopes.org.ng not later than Friday, 29th July 2016.

MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.

The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2016
We are a world class IT Company. Our information technology (IT) solution offerings are rooted in a deep understanding of business requirements and goals, along with market trends and insights.
We
present more opportunities for business and drive a better return on investment via information technology (IT).

We are currently seeking to recruit for the following position

JOB POSITION - Marketing Executive
Educational Qualification -
Any graduate (Degree or HND)
EXPERIENCE:
The candidate should have a minimum of two years’ experience
in marketing related to any field. Fresh Graduates can also be
considered provided he/she has a flair for marketing. The candidate
should be an extrovert and should have public speaking skills.
Roles & Responsibility
The candidate would be involved in bringing business from clients by
establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects.
Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to
make a sale.
Ability to close transactions and achieve weekly, monthly and
quarterly targets.
Develop and optimise marketing initiatives to drive customer
acquisition.
Good organisation and planning skills.
We are looking for candidates that are resident in Abuja.

How to Apply
Interested candidates should email there CV to jobs@swiftmatrix.net

As this is an urgent opening, we would be closing the position soon.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Jonwesley(m): 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
Reyginus:
I don't understand. What does this mean?

Sorry Reyginus. The genius, sorry nau! It's a slip of hand, I meant Teeymix16.
No be them they plan say make them talk for whatsApp?
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
Jonwesley:

Sorry Reyginus. The genius, sorry nau! It's a slip of hand, I meant Teeymix16.
No be them they plan say make them talk for whatsApp?
I was only concerned of her safety but it seems it's not necessary. This is a forum and we may not truly be what we portray.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Jonwesley(m): 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
Reyginus:
I was only concerned of her safety but it seems it's not necessary. This is a forum and we may not truly be what we portray.

Yeah, on point. I guess the lady is an adult and should handle her choices. They have suddenly gone quiet. Oluvfunky and Teeymix16. Let's wish them luck to find their jobs, and who knows something good happen afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Ifeshyne(f): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
StepTwo:

I dont know of any age criteria for their jobs, but they love smart and outspoken persons.

most prefered are OND and HND holders.

their office is located inside "THE VALLEY PLAZA" , 2nd floor , opposite ecobank and inversely opposite AP PLAZA
Its discovery mall now
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
Jonwesley:

Yeah, on point. I guess the lady is an adult and should handle her choices. They have suddenly gone quiet. Oluvfunky and Teeymix16. Let's wish them luck to find their jobs, and who knows something good happen afterwards.
Yeah.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by StepTwo: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ifeshyne:
Its discovery mall now
am talking about "The valley plaza". i have been there several times

its on the 2nd floor
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Evina(f): 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Lol...This is why i will never take up a teaching job, some peeps won't just learn.

Pele dear, pls just consider those that sent theirs without composing a message.

Thanks dear. You are doing a great job! But NO! Those people WILL NOT be considered! I purposely gave little information about the organisation, to sift the chaff from the wheat! If people can't scale through the obvious then they can't fit in.

I have gotten the hands I need though.
Well done, keep up the good work. wink

2 Likes

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by mosalab(m): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
xmileeasy:
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our highimpact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.

Job Title: ICT in Education Advisor

Job Description
The volunteer will be based either in VSO’s Country Office in Abuja or in its office in Northern Nigeria, and will work with the Colleges of Education in 5-6 Northern States, other project partners, and schools.

Job Purpose

To play a key role in the supporting the implementation of VSO’s projects engaged in ICT in Education work.
The position is expected to provide support to ICT in Education Projects in Northern Nigeria.
This position will be based in Abuja with project related travel to the state of Jigawa, Katsina and Zamfara.
Responsibilities
The volunteer will have a range of tasks and activities:

Support in the design of a Needs Assessment for training needs identification of teachers in the area of ICT in Education
Support in the design of a Needs Assessment in gap analysis in MIS in schools and skills in teachers
Support the development of a basic ICT training material relevant for pre-service training of teachers
Support the development of on-going ICT training programme as a basic requirement for college staff and new intake trainee teachers
Support the planning, organizing and facilitation of ICT training events to college staff
Support similar ICT training programmes for other colleges in liaison with the COE and VSO Nigeria
Due to the nature of our volunteer placements, it is possible that the responsibilities of this role may differ in reality and therefore the postholder will need to be prepared to be flexible and adapt to their environment as necessary.
Key Performance Indicators
The Key performance indicators of this placement are:

Number of volunteers and partners who have increased skills in data collection and analysis
Number of teachers who have increased skills in data collection and analysis
Number of beneficiaries reached and supported on the basic education project intervention.
Number of children who received quality education as a result of the support from the national volunteers
Number of national volunteers that are able to deliver adequate support to ICT in Education projects
Number of partners, volunteers and other beneficiaries who are able to write reports, case studies and success/significant change stories.
Evidences of monitoring and evaluation support to project partners and VSO, through reports and feedbacks.
Objectives will be confirmed in a three way discussion between the volunteer, employer and VSO in the first three months of the placement.
Competencies
Building and Sustaining working relationships:

The social skills to build and actively maintain working relationships that foster teamwork and collaboration with others for the benefit of a common goal.
Open Minded and Respectful:

A non-judgemental approach that values other people and culture.
Seeking and Sharing Knowledge:

Recognition that learning is a two-way and continuous process.
Facilitating Positive Change:

The ability to analyse problems and develop lasting solutions in line with VSO approaches.
Adaptability:

A flexible approach and the ability to adapt behaviour to different situations.
Resilience:

The self-confidence to work with a variety of situations, diverse people and ambiguity.
Skills and Knowledge
Essential:

Knowledge and experience of design and implementation of training programs in relation to using ICT in Education
Experience of training on IT/ICT in Education, especially to teaching and non-teaching staff
Experience in IT Architecture Development (Technology Architecture and Software Architecture)
Sound general IT technology understanding
Experience in Project Management
Good skills in computer maintenance
Experience in Training on the job
Desirable:

Experience in developing ICT strategies for organizations
Good report writing skills
Awareness and sensitivity of cross-cultural settings
A preparedness to work with limited resources within a challenging environment
Patience, tolerance and flexibility
Ability to work independently
Ability to maintain good working relationship
Creativity in problem solving & conflict resolution
Enthusiastic and good team player
Professional Qualifications and Experience
Essential:

Degree level in IT related subject (however if extensive IT knowledge gained from work experience, BA or BSc in any subject can be acceptable)
Desirable:

ICT Needs Assessment
Training of Teachers
Use of ICT in Education - for knowledge management of subjects taught in schools
Programming
Interview/Assessment date(s)
ASAP

Start date
TDC

How can I apply please... I'm currently @nasarawa state... Mosalab@yahoo.com
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Nphilus: 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
[quote author=Hybrid600 post=46981950]
Pls any info about tho that went for the final phase at Bolton white hotel!.plas share
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Nphilus: 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hybrid600:

Someone I know did... Wetin dem wan do for final phase?

Any info about final stage at bolten white pls
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Hybrid600: 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nphilus:

Any info about final stage at bolten white pls
There's no info that I know about yet...
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
There's  an Abuja vacancy for a technology savvy accountant for an eCommerce business. If you've got what it takes, CV to welisten@samobafemi.com
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by oggy89: 6:32am On Jul 16, 2016
Ammyluv2002...please let's have a conversation via my email: chykes4real2002@yahoo.com Thank you
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 7:12am On Jul 16, 2016
Mercy Corps, An International Humanitarian Organization is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position within our Conflict Management team in Borno State. We are looking for a
motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team.

Mercy Corps is recruiting to fill the position of:

Job Title: Program Assistant -YOU-SB
Location: Abuja, Nigeria (With frequent travels to other project locations in Borno State)
Start Date: 1 August 2016 (8 months)

Project Description
With funding from the Department for International Development (DfID), Mercy Corps will implement the “Youth Stabilization Initiative for Borno (YOU-SB)”, which seeks to address the grievances and unequal economic opportunities that leave youth vulnerable to recruitment and radicalization by violent extremist groups.
YOU-SB will support civil society, government actors, community and religious leaders, and youth to increase community resilience to prevent the spread of violent extremism in Borno State.
By facilitating dialogue and collaboration among the stakeholders to prevent violence, the program’s goals are aligned with the objectives outlined by UK DfID 2014-2016 Operational Strategy, which aims to support progress in Northern Nigeria in order to promote regional stability in the Sahel.
The proposed program will focus on both “push” and “pull” factors that drive youth to participate in violence, including governance grievances, unequal economic opportunities and vulnerability to extremist messaging.
YOU-SB puts emphasis on evidence generation and program learning, and the key program components have the potential for smart, significant scale-up beyond the life of this initial eight-month program.

General Position Summary
This position will provide technical support from the country head office in Abuja to members of the program team, mainly based in Maiduguri, Borno State.
S/he will provide linkages and logistical support to the team.
S/he will coordinate project activities, manage data from the field, and develop timely reports and communication materials.
Essential Job Functions

Program Support:
Coordinate all activities and update on the progress of You-SB presence at the country head office.
Work with the Communication and Reporting Officer to design, develop, and deploy Information, Education, and Communication materials including newsletters and bulletins for effective visibility of the program donor and Mercy Corps.
Develop monthly forecasts and track the budget of supplies and equipment to ensure timely/prompt implementation of all You-SB activities.
Will represent Mercy Corps at official functions and occasionally update a range of stakeholders on the goals and activities of the You-SB.
Data Collation, Analysis and Finance Processes:
Collate beneficiary data from the field, including following up to ensure documentation from the field office in Maiduguri is processed on time.
Ensure that the payments that will guarantee the smooth implementation of the program.
Analyze feedback from partners, employees, and beneficiaries and ensure that potential complaints are resolved promptly.
Report Writing, Documentation and Office Administration:
Provide timely feedback to the department’s leadership on agreed landmarks through monthly, quarterly, and periodic reports as necessary.
Maintain and continually update documentation for the You-SB project (Google Drive and physical files).
Act as the procurement focal person, ensuring all You-SB procurements are made appropriately and on time, and follow up to ensure delivery to the requesting source.
Other duties as assigned by the team.

Organizational Learning:
As part of Mercy Corps’ agency-wide Organizational Learning Initiative, all team members are responsible for spending 5% of their work time in formal and/or non-formal professional learning activities.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our participants and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field projects.

Knowledge and Experience:
The successful candidate must be able to work independently and show initiative; experience in an NGO setting; report writing; Ability to make improvements to preexisting systems;
Strong computer (MS Office), filing, and organizational skills;
Advance knowledge of written and spoken English and Hausa is essential;
Willingness to sometimes travel to the project areas in three Local Government Areas (LGAs) (Maiduguri, Biu, and Damboa) in Borno State.

Requirements
The ideal candidate should also possess the following;
Qualifications in any of the Social Sciences, or relevant field, with a strong foundation in development and CVE programming preferred.
Minimum 1-2 years of work experience in a related role.
Fluency in English and Hausa are required. Knowledge of Kanuri is a plus.
Knowledge of program development, implementation, and reporting.
Familiarity and experience working in conflict zones and fragile communities is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A Reports directly to: the Project Officer
Works directly with: The You-SB program team
Success Factors:
The successful Program Assistant should have the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work under tight deadlines within a complex team.
S/he will demonstrate strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills and be committed to the values and mission of Mercy Corps.
S/he will take initiative and contribute to team efforts, as well as demonstrate an ability to communicate, assume leadership, and make solid decisions.
Living Conditions/Environmental Conditions:
The Program Assistant will be based in Abuja with occasional visits to all program locations in Borno State, where security may be particularly difficult at times.
Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting.
Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 7:15am On Jul 16, 2016
Contd.

Job Title: Program Officer - YOU-SB
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria (With frequent travels to other project locations in Borno State)
Start Date: 1 August 2016 (8 months).

Project Description
With funding from the Department for International Development (DFID), Mercy Corps will implement the “Youth Stabilization Initiative for Borno (YOU-SB)”, which seeks to address the grievances and unequal economic opportunities that leave youth vulnerable to recruitment and radicalization by violent extremist groups.
YOU-SB will support civil society, government actors, community and religious leaders, and youth to increase community resilience to prevent the spread of violent extremism in Borno State.
By facilitating dialogue and collaboration among the stakeholders to prevent violence, the program’s goals are aligned with the objectives outlined by UK DfID 2014-2016 Operational Strategy, which aims to support progress in Northern Nigeria in order to promote regional stability in the Sahel.
The proposed program will focus on both “push” and “pull” factors that drive youth to participate in violence, including governance grievances, unequal economic opportunities and vulnerability to extremist messaging.
YOU-SB puts emphasis on evidence generation and program learning, and the key program components have the potential for smart, significant scale-up beyond the life of this initial eight-month program.

General Position Summary
The Program Officer will support the implementation of activities related to capacity building of local leaders and key government stakeholders in Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) and de-radicalization of youth, and the facilitation of events related to CVE initiatives.
The Program Officer will also provide support to all other activities related to the You-SB program and will ensure smooth, timely, and compliant implementation.
The Program Officer will liaise frequently with community members and represent Mercy Corps at meetings and forums.
Essential Job Functions
Program Implementation:
Ensure effective implementation of the You-SB program, including meeting deliverables on time, within budget, and according to MC and DFID standards.
Ensure that You-SB is responsive in strengthening local capacities to implement evidence-based, community- led projects that address the drivers of instability in the region.
Conduct frequent field visits to all project sites in the three Local Government Areas (LGAs) (Maiduguri, Damboa, and Biu).
Support technical aspects of the program by assisting with the development of activities/agendas/curriculum related to CVE.
Facilitate and co-facilitate community meetings, events, and trainings as required.
Liaise with partner organizations, government officials, and potential resource persons as needed.
Personal Leadership:
Demonstrate flexibility, resilience, and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure.
Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
Demonstrate an awareness of his/her own strengths and development needs.
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Reporting:
Facilitate the achievement of performance-based targets and outcomes and lead efforts to design effective, proactive, and iterative M&E systems following DfID’s logical framework.
Produce draft reports and updates on all aspects of the DfID program in a timely and efficient manner.
Support M&E staff to implement relevant surveys, needs assessments, data and information collection for on-going monitoring.
Coordinate closely with other personnel to ensure all objectives of the proposal and activities are met.
Organizational Learning:
As part of Mercy Corps’ agency-wide Organizational Learning Initiative, all team members are responsible for spending 5% of their work time in formal and/or non-formal professional learning activities.
Accountability:
To be accountable for ensuring all allocated project plans, risk plans and project documentation and files are accurate and up to date.
Also Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Supervisory Responsibility: Direct supervision of: N/A. Reports directly to: Deputy Project Manager
Works directly with: All field team members

Knowledge and Experience
Master's degree or equivalent in Education, Management, International Development or other relevant field;
A minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience, with experience working in rural communities in North-East Nigeria strongly preferred;
Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hausa required. Kanuri (or other major local language) language skills strongly preferred.
Experience operating large, complex programs in an insecure environment is required.
Experience working in programs related to stabilization, conflict mitigation, and CVE
Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
Strong management skills, with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues in a high security environment.
Experience working in a multi-organizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
Experience working with International NGOs and donors like the UN, development organizations, country-level ministries and government officials, e.g. Ministry of Youth or Ministry of Women Affairs.

Success Factors:
The successful Program Officer will combine exceptional management skills and technical skills with a focus on innovative interventions to bring communities together.
An ideal candidate will be conversant with the challenges inherent in CVE work and will be a self-starter who has led grassroots development efforts.
S/he will have an outstanding ability to support innovative and complex programs within the current and future program structure of Mercy Corps in the region.
Multi-tasking, prioritizing, problem solving and simultaneous attention to detail and strategic vision are essential
Living Conditions/Environmental Conditions:
The PO will be based in Maiduguri, Borno state. The PO will travel frequently to program locations, where security may be particularly difficult at times.
Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting.
Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 7:18am On Jul 16, 2016
Contd.

Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer - YOU-SB
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria (With frequent travels to other project locations in Borno State)
Start Date: 1 August 2016 ( 8 months).

Project Description
With funding from the Department for International Development (DfID), Mercy Corps will implement the “Youth Stabilization Initiative for Borno (YOU-SB)”, which seeks to address the grievances and unequal economic opportunities that leave youth vulnerable to recruitment and radicalization by violent extremist groups.
YOU-SB puts emphasis on evidence generation and program learning, and the key program components have the potential for smart, significant scale-up beyond the life of this initial eight-month program

General Position Summary
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer will be responsible for supporting the MEL Manager and You-SB staff to ensure that MEL systems, procedures, performance monitoring and results reporting are in place, effectively implemented and well synchronized.
The MEL Officer should expect to travel frequently to the project implementation sites in Biu, Damboa, and Maiduguri LGAs in Borno State.

Essential Job Functions
MEL System Development and Maintenance – Collaborate closely with colleagues and partners in developing and establishing the MEL system serving the needs of the overall program. The system must be designed and maintained to harmonize MC Nigeria and partner project approaches with utility and program quality in mind, providing managers and their team’s real time information that can steer program implementation as well as improves our ability to analyze and represent impact to donors, government, colleague agencies, and communities themselves.
Staff Training and Capacity Building-Build the capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain an excellent MEL system and enable them to develop excellent reports and other documents.
Knowledge and Experience
University degree in Social Science or equivalent work experience in monitoring, evaluating and learning (MEL) through direct program implementation.
Minimum 4 years direct work experience in project implementation and/or MEL systems. Work experience in relevant field is required.
Prior experience of carrying out surveys, conducting interviews, and undertaking assessments are essential.
Understanding of qualitative and quantitative indicators.
Creative and ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking. Analytical and report writing skills are necessary.
Computers skills - word-processing and spreadsheets experience required. Computer database experience preferred.
Experience in the development of Logical Framework Analyses and in the conducting of Participatory Rural Appraisal is extremely desirable.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 7:22am On Jul 16, 2016
Contd.

Job Title: Communication and Reporting Officer -YOU-SB
Start Date: 1st August, 2016. ( 8 months)

Project Descriptions

Position Responsibilities
The Communications and Reporting Officer will provide leadership in all aspects of knowledge management, communications, and learning.
S/he will report to the Deputy Program Manager and implement activities that ensure adherence to Mercy Corps and DFID standards, including the use of standardized indicators and documentation methodologies.
S/he will support communications, documenting project impact and key lessons learned, and coordinating with Mercy Corps’ partner staff.
She/he will also lead information campaigns, media engagement and the development of all donor program reports.
Essential Job Functions
Technical Leadership - Information and Media Campaigns:
Develop strategies for managing knowledge generated from implementation of the You-SB program under each output.
Make recommendations to enable smooth management of information.
Facilitate orientation sessions to acquaint staff on agreed strategies and on how to do proper documentation.
Regularly review You-SB data collection and reporting procedure and provide technical assistance.
Coordinate internal and external reviews of information collected and lead the analysis of findings, with a strong emphasis on learning.
Participate in the preparation of high-quality quarterly and annual reports.

Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate must be able to work independently and show initiative;
experience in an NGO setting; report writing; ability to make recommendations for improvement; strong computer (MS Office), filing, and organizational skills;
Advanced knowledge of written and spoken English and Hausa is essential and knowledge of Kanuri strongly preferred;
Ability to translate letters, reports and meetings as required;
Proven ability to provide oral and written translation from Hausa to English and vice versa;
Willingness to travel throughout the project areas in three Local Government Areas (LGAs) (Maiduguri, Biu and Damboa) in Borno State.
Requirements
The ideal candidate should also possess the following;
Postgraduate degree in Development Studies, Communications, Social Sciences, or other relevant field, with a strong foundation in Knowledge Management, Communication, and Research.
Minimum 3-5 years of communications, media and media relations experience with private sector, NGOs, UN and/or government; particular experience working with radio outlets, messaging campaigns and advocacy is preferred.
Experience in reporting and editing.
Experience working with/for UK Department for International Development (DFID) or other donors.
Fluency in English and Hausa required. Kanuri strongly preferred.
Familiarity and experience working in conflict zones and fragile communities is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility:
N/A. Reports directly to Deputy Project Manager
Works directly with:
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 7:25am On Jul 16, 2016
Job Title: Deputy Program Manager -YOU-SB
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria ( With frequent travels to other project locations in Borno State)
Start Date: 1 August 2016 ( 8 months).

Project Description

Position Responsibilities
The Deputy Project Manager (DPM) will provide technical, management, and strategic vision to the implementation of the You-SB program by managing staff, national partners, and resources to ensure that the program meets performance-based targets on-time and within budget, as per DfID requirements.
The DPM will coordinate and mobilize civil society, youth, government, traditional, and religious leaders to collaborate in identifying the root causes of youth participation in violence in Borno.
The DPM will also support civil society to engage the government on planning for reconciliation and reconstruction.
S/he will ensure program funds are spent efficiently and maximize Value for Money (VfM), as per DFID requirements.
The DPM will supervise and build the capacity of key program staff and ensure accountability to Mercy Corps policies and donor rules and regulations.
S/he will support the Project Manager in liaising with donors, relevant government entities, public and private sector partners, and external stakeholders.

Essential Job Functions
Vision and Strategy:
Review and revise the strategic plan, in the light of new opportunities (particularly for innovative action) and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcomed.
Play an active role in identifying new initiatives that foster and/or improve strategic objectives of the country office, whether utilizing existing resources or requiring program/project development, in coordination with the Project Manager.
Program Implementation:
Ensure effective implementation of the You-SB program, including meeting deliverables on time, within budget, and according to Mercy Corps and DFID standards.
Ensure that You-SB is responsive in strengthening local capacities to implement evidence-based, community- led projects that address the drivers of instability in the region. This also includes working with implementation partners that are aligned with Mercy Corps principles, values, and strategic plan.
Ensure the You-SB team adheres to DFID’s VfM principles (i.e. economy, efficiency, effectiveness, and equity).
Monitor adherence to grant agreement, Mercy Corps and DFID policies and procedures, and relevant external rules and regulations.
Oversee performance of partners and stakeholders and conduct frequent field visits to all project sites in the three Local Government Areas (LGAs) (Maiduguri, Biu and Damboa) in Borno State.

Knowledge and Experience
Master's Degree or equivalent in Education, Management, International Development or other relevant field;
A minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience, including 2 years in a senior management position, with experience working in in North-East Nigeria strongly preferred;
Experience working in conflict mitigation, stabilization or similar programming;
Experience managing and mentoring staff;
Experience operating large, complex programs in an insecure environment is required;
Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members;
Strong understanding of DfID compliance issues; experience managing contracts and performance based payments is desired;
Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hausa required, including report development, writing and editing. Kanuri language skills is a plus.
Strong management skills, with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues in a high security environment. Experience managing a multi-organizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
Experience coordinating with government partners to ensure program effectiveness and impact.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: ng-recruitment.nigeria@mercycorps.org

Note: All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage residents in Borno and surroundings to apply for this position

Application Deadline 28th July, 2016.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by yungmin: 7:29am On Jul 16, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Contd

Job Title: Site Engineer

Task

Responsible as link between project team and the crew on board of our vessels.
Prepare and follow-up execution of works with emphasis on production optimization.
Responsible for logistics on site

Qualified(Master) in Civil, Industrial Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering or Construction.
At least 3 years experienced in working on hydraulic engineering, construction or large marine projects. Maximum age not more than 27 years
Our Offer

Opportunities to develop your career in a competitive multinational environment.
Working in close cooperation with a team of motivated colleagues.
Top quality education and training opportunities.
A competitive salary and stable working environment.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2016.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and motivation letter to: sustainablejobsnigeria@gmail.com indicating the position applied for as the subject of your email.

Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted for further interview.

Did anyone here apply for these set of job openings and attended the interview conducted in Lagos?
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 7:31am On Jul 16, 2016
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health NGOs in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV&AIDS prevention, and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons due to new programme initiatives and growth. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.

Senior Manager, Information Technology

Job Reference Code: SnrMgr_infoTech-ext

Job Profile

The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for the installation and administration of SFH network components, detection and timely resolution of any hardware and LAN failure/errors, monitoring system performance usage and supervising the entire SFH IT infrastructure towards improving the response time to all IT issues in SFH pan-Nigeria.
S/He will compile monthly progress reports, make recommendations on installation of new applications and maintain all IT equipment and network of SFH.
In addition, will assess hardware and software training needs of SFH staff, develop training programs and produce training manuals on communication issues, deliver and monitor training outcomes.

Qualifications/Experience
The desired candidate:

Must possess a first degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering or any relevant field. A professional certification in IT is very essential.
Must possess a minimum of eight (cool years post NYSC working experience in IT in a reputable firm or NGO.
Must have functioned as Head of an IT for at least 3 years in a structured organisation.
Must have knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning Software, (SAP preferred) and other MIS
Must have experience on managing the Microsoft Operating systems (Windows, Exchange Server On-Premise and Office365 Cloud, etc)
Must have experience or exposures on Disaster Recovery Design/tools, SAN/NAS and replications
Knowledge of Information Security features/tools will be an advantage
Demonstrated willingness and ability to adjust quickly to rapidly changing needs, multiple demands and complex situations are essential to this position.

Note:

Applicants will be required to register on the SFH SAP recruitment portal, providing their detailed information.
Subsequently, a registration confirmation will be received at the registered email address.
On receipt of the registration confirmation, the applicant will return to the SFH website, log-in to the recruitment portal and apply for the vacant position.
Do note that all applicants will need to carefully follow the instructions provided on the website and should be ready to upload a CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

http://erecruit.sfhnigeria.org:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_startpage_ext_cand?sap-client=600&sap-language=EN

1 Like

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 7:44am On Jul 16, 2016
Quanteq Technology Services Limited was founded in El Segundo, California in 1998 as a full service Management, Systems and Technology Consulting firm to serve the needs of public and private sector organizations.
We help solve performance problems of organizations using Information Communication Technology through the provision of IT advisory services, Business and Systems Integration, Project Management and Training/IT support services.

We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:

Job Title: Graduate Intern

Location: Abuja based but you may be required to travel to customer sites throughout the country as part of the role.

Programme
You will work in our Consultancy team and provide support throughout the lifecycle of Enterprise resource planning (ERP)/CRM implementations.
Job Description
A structured training programme will support you in your success and includes:
Training:
Sponsored study towards Microsoft Dynamics AX /CRM certifications
Surestep+ project management implementation methodology
Our pace is fast and growth is continuous, so effective communication and organisational skills are essential.
You will have contact with our customers and as such, your impact and contribution will be both visible and significant.
This is an amazing opportunity for you to join our team, grow with the business and gain experience with a Microsoft business management system that is increasing in popularity and competing with well-known leading ERP brands.
Consultancy skills training with your Quanteq peers
Support through a formal mentoring process
Structured on-the-job training through work shadowing and coaching
Attendance at internal skills training workshops
Applicant Criteria
You must be expecting or have attained at least a 2.2 Honours Degree, ideally in one of these subjects: Engineering, Manufacturing, IT, Finance, Accounting, Business or Law.
You should have relevant industry experience either from completing an Industrial
Training placement as part of your Degree or from your previous work history.
Previous Experiece:
Prior work with an IT Professional Consultancy/Services organisation would be an advantage.
You should be a self-starter and have experience of working as part of a team.
Allowance
Each successful applicant will be given transport allowance of Thirty Thousand Naira (N30,000) PER month. There will be a salary review for 3 outstanding interns after an evaluation of 6 months from calculated from start date.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and a covering letter, outlining the reason for your application to: career@quanteq.com

Application Deadline 29th July, 2016.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 16, 2016
Graduate Intern

Location: Abuja based but you may be required to travel to customer sites throughout the country as part of the role.

Programme
You will work in our Consultancy team and provide support throughout the lifecycle of Enterprise resource planning (ERP)/CRM implementations.
Job Description
A structured training programme will support you in your success and includes:
Training:
Sponsored study towards Microsoft Dynamics AX /CRM certifications
Surestep+ project management implementation methodology
Consultancy skills training with your Quanteq peers
Support through a formal mentoring process
Structured on-the-job training through work shadowing and coaching
Attendance at internal skills training workshops
Our pace is fast and growth is continuous, so effective communication and organisational skills are essential.
You will have contact with our customers and as such, your impact and contribution will be both visible and significant.
This is an amazing opportunity for you to join our team, grow with the business and gain experience with a Microsoft business management system that is increasing in popularity and competing with well-known leading ERP brands.
Applicant Criteria
You must be expecting or have attained at least a 2.2 Honours Degree, ideally in one of these subjects: Engineering, Manufacturing, IT, Finance, Accounting, Business or Law.
You should have relevant industry experience either from completing an Industrial
Training placement as part of your Degree or from your previous work history.
Previous Experiece:
Prior work with an IT Professional Consultancy/Services organisation would be an advantage.
You should be a self-starter and have experience of working as part of a team.
Allowance
Each successful applicant will be given transport allowance of Thirty Thousand Naira (N30,000) PER month. There will be a salary review for 3 outstanding interns after an evaluation of 6 months from calculated from start date.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and a covering letter, outlining the reason for your
application to: career@quanteq.com

1 Like

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 16, 2016
Mid Level Software Trainer
Apply
Audax Solutions Limited

Requirements:

Strongly motivated by our mission of training and encouraging the youths 
Vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)

Demonstrable software delivery work experience in full-stack web, mobile, scientific or systems programming. 
Experience working in collaborative software delivery teams.

3-5 years professional experience as software developer. 
2-3 years professional experience as a software trainer/instructor. 
B.S. Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or higher, or related field (preferred)

Production experience with Javascript, Ruby, Java, PHP, Python (at least two of the languages)

Front-end design and UX experience is an added advantage 

https://e-recruiter.ng/vacancy/details/6234

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (898) (Reply)

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 / Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.