Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

\ - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / \ (5086 Views)

Advice Needed! How Do I Help My Partner?? / How Do I Make Her Understand. Advice Needed / My wife Or her friend who should I consider 1st? pls matured advice needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: \ by adconline(m): 9:49am On Apr 19, 2013
coefoe:
Thanks so much. This is exactly what i'm on about. We really don't know what the future holds for us; only God knows. Getting resident visa to the US is not even a problem cos he has the means. But being happy is all that matters to me. Since i've never been to the states and i don't know how things operate there, that's why i came to this public platform to get advice.

What "means"does he have to get a US resident visa? This no be moi moi. It's either his siblings file for him.. It takes 5-10 yrs, visa lottery , a genius with tons of inventions, patents, and ideas, getting married to American.. Takes at least 2yrs to get processed.

1 Like

Re: \ by Mamacita007(f): 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
cry cry cry cry O my God pls oooo thats not wat i meant when i posted that comment. wat i was trying to say is that pple's post can easily push others to the wall on nairaland. PLS FORGIVE ME IF MY COMMENT MADE YOU ANGRY. Ill go and delete it right now. Pls dont be angry thats not wat i meant. im sooo sorry i cant insult somebody for no reason. And concerning yvete, its only on the visa thread dat there was a problem of which it concerns me and i need to defend her. i didnt see her fight or insult anyone in any other thread. ill delete the comment pls delete yours thanks. im sorry. cry cry cry cry
Re: \ by ardel(f): 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2013
All I see here is you wondering hw possible it is for ur fiancee to settle in u.s, u didn't mention what u do.:hope u ar not one of Dem ladies dat just want to sit at home while d man does all the work.What will be ur own contribution?What ar u doing now?what do u intend to do for a living if u relocate?
Re: \ by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
m
Re: \ by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2013
Mamacita007: cry cry cry cry O my God pls oooo thats not wat i meant when i posted that comment. wat i was trying to say is that pple's post can easily push others to the wall on nairaland. PLS FORGIVE ME IF MY COMMENT MADE YOU ANGRY. Ill go and delete it right now. Pls dont be angry thats not wat i meant. im sooo sorry i cant insult somebody for no reason. And concerning yvete, its only on the visa thread dat there was a problem of which it concerns me and i need to defend her. i didnt see her fight or insult anyone in any other thread. ill delete the comment pls delete yours thanks. im sorry. cry cry cry cry
Alright!
Re: \ by richyblink1(m): 8:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
Op, I understand were he is coming from. Believe me, those targets can drive one nut.
Building a caber
Deposit mobilisation
Dormant account reactivation
LADS
International cards etc.

Be cool with him, discuss with him to identify his strenght so you can encourage him to start going towards such part career wise. Going abroad is not the solution, he needs job satisfaction because that's exactly what he lacks at the moment.

There are days I will wake up and wish I can rewind the day especially on Monday mornings.
Re: \ by Nobody: 3:22am On Apr 28, 2013
I think I can understand how he feels. Sometimes staying in a stressful environment can take its toll on you. And as you grow older, the more you realize that you'll want to have more meaning out of your life. I strongly advice that:
1) He should start looking for alternative employment even if it doesn't pay as much - I have an in-law who worked in the bank and after a while, he realized banking wasnt going to take him anywhere. He had his ICAN and other certifications and one day, he got word from a close friend that there was an opportunity in one of the oil companies. That was how he applied and banking is history for him now.
2) If he wants to go abroad, then he should have a goal to probably do a masters which means he should work for a bit more in the bank, save up some more money for school fees plus enough money for at least a year of living expenses. At least with a goal in mind, this will make going to work more bearable. Getting an American education is one way I believe he can easily get a good job after he's done with his masters there.
3) If he has saved up some money and is the entrepreneurial type, he could start a business he's really interested in by the side and after he's sure things are a bit stable then he can quit his banking job

Whatever he decides to do, make sure he doesnt have any loans with the bank, this will make saving easier. Also, I agree that if he is stressed and unhappy then he needs to leave. But before he does, he should have an idea or know what he wants to do (have a plan) and he will need to start taking steps towards those plans. I have sort of been in a stressful situation so I can relate but I prayed a lot and had to take steps towards what I wanted to do and it paid off. As for whether US will work or not, one thing I've learnt in life is that something may work for one person but may not work for others. The same US that people are complaining about, I have friends who got good jobs barely three months after arriving without any US education. He can get an assessment of his qualifications so that he can get a certificate that will show employers his education is equivalent to what they have there. I'm not sure what it's called in the US but he can find out...And also what kind of visa can he get? The best if he doesnt have citizenship will be a student's visa. Anyway, I hope you get the gist though. You both should plan and pray and do a lot of research.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: \ by efiasuny(m): 3:30pm On May 27, 2013
~vicky~:
am not saying that settling down in the US is bad,if your man didn't not succeed while in 9ja, sorry to say this he wont do the same in the US.
God bless vicky 4 telling d truth. just be wise! ur guy had a job and got promoted within a short period of time. pls, don't agree to dat. knw dat u pple have not yet marry. u will b dump wen u get there.
Re: \ by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 27, 2013
pash4naija: I think I can understand how he feels. Sometimes staying in a stressful environment can take its toll on you. And as you grow older, the more you realize that you'll want to have more meaning out of your life. I strongly advice that:
1) He should start looking for alternative employment even if it doesn't pay as much - I have an in-law who worked in the bank and after a while, he realized banking wasnt going to take him anywhere. He had his ICAN and other certifications and one day, he got word from a close friend that there was an opportunity in one of the oil companies. That was how he applied and banking is history for him now.
2) If he wants to go abroad, then he should have a goal to probably do a masters which means he should work for a bit more in the bank, save up some more money for school fees plus enough money for at least a year of living expenses. At least with a goal in mind, this will make going to work more bearable. Getting an American education is one way I believe he can easily get a good job after he's done with his masters there.
3) If he has saved up some money and is the entrepreneurial type, he could start a business he's really interested in by the side and after he's sure things are a bit stable then he can quit his banking job

Whatever he decides to do, make sure he doesnt have any loans with the bank, this will make saving easier. Also, I agree that if he is stressed and unhappy then he needs to leave. But before he does, he should have an idea or know what he wants to do (have a plan) and he will need to start taking steps towards those plans. I have sort of been in a stressful situation so I can relate but I prayed a lot and had to take steps towards what I wanted to do and it paid off. As for whether US will work or not, one thing I've learnt in life is that something may work for one person but may not work for others. The same US that people are complaining about, I have friends who got good jobs barely three months after arriving without any US education. He can get an assessment of his qualifications so that he can get a certificate that will show employers his education is equivalent to what they have there. I'm not sure what it's called in the US but he can find out...And also what kind of visa can he get? The best if he doesnt have citizenship will be a student's visa. Anyway, I hope you get the gist though. You both should plan and pray and do a lot of research.

All the best!

Thanks dear! I really appreciate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men! Is This True? / What Can I Do To Make Her Pick My Calls? / How My Daughter Seduced Me To Have Sex With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.