Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? (15780 Views)

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / 99.9% Of Ilorin People Are Yorubas, is the king of saudia arabic , a Fulani man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Super1759: 9:55am On Apr 17, 2013
she is 99.9% RIGHT!!!!!
NIGERIANS are not corrupt but the system is 9999.9 percent CORRUPT

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Coldfeet(f): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2013
I think its the other way round! 99.9 percent of Nigerians ARE corrupt. But as a minister I wouldn't expect her to say so. That will be totally against her oath of office! ***I pledge to serve Nigeria with all my might...

3 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 17, 2013
Irony
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Lilimax(f): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2013
Adura_ngba: Maybe she should have said 100% of Nigerians are corrupt and then you will all shut your dirty mouths.
Don't mind them. So Nigerians expected Dr Ngozi to tell the world that all Nigerians are corrupt . If she has said it, the same set of people will be calling for her head.
Naija is such a dramatic arena sad

3 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Akshow: 9:55am On Apr 17, 2013
Nigerians corrupt pass anything. She think say na only when you steal money be corruption? Common goin to work late for no good reason and expectin your pay check is corruption. Yesterday's waec physic exams objective was all over Facebook is that not corruption. The police the soldeirs and immigration collectin bribe nko? Madam ngozi abeg carry your gele park well well or eyin boys, e gba oju e

5 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by nairaman66(m): 9:56am On Apr 17, 2013
Akpa ife: Everybody is nt corrupt clik like if am saying d truth

I wished NL had an UNLIKE platform, I would click on your comments a billon times!! I am 99.9% sure of that.. grin
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by TableLeg(m): 9:56am On Apr 17, 2013
I thought she said 99.9% of Nigerians are honest and hard working people ......

2 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 17, 2013
99.9% of Nigerians work hard to survive. 0.1% wait for the fruits of their labor to ripen then pluck it.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by jaso1(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2013
If she say 99.9% are not corrupt then only one left whom is corrupt is Okonjo Iweala.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 17, 2013
Okonjo! U sure deserve a ph.d lie-cology, falsification & bamboozling! Lil wonder nig is static!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by DJDOLA(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2013
Maybe she's high on somthing
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by oluomad(m): 9:58am On Apr 17, 2013
ojietu: who does she think she is decieving, Nigerians or the outside community? Let her tell that to the dogs.

She is statiscally right!!
How many politicians do we have? Their percentage compared to the masses is 0.001percent! So she is statistically right!!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by ooHBee: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2013
She didn't say 99.9cent are corrupt free.
She said 99.9 are honest, hardworking people.
She also accepted Nigeria has corruption issues.

So people I think she dealt with that properly.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by sayso: 10:00am On Apr 17, 2013
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala it will not kill you to stop all these political propaganda. Why not tell Amanpour the honest truth.
Where did you get the statistic you are quoting?
Have you ever walked on the busy street in your country Nigeria?
Have you ever entered a local restaurant to know what happens?
Have you ever entered a local church to know how people feel?
Please stay off the radar, you are not the economic reformer as quoted by Amanpour.

2 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:03am On Apr 17, 2013
Buncha Illiterates! sad sad sad She never said that 99.9 percent of Nigerians are corrupt free, rather she said "99.9 percent of Nigerians are honest, hard-working citizens". Hopeless people didn't even bother to read the full text of her response before posting nonsense here. PRODUCTS OF A FAILED EDUCATION SYSTEM!

4 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:04am On Apr 17, 2013
Seenyo: Okonjo! U sure deserve a ph.d lie-cology, falsification & bamboozling! Lil wonder nig is static!

Olodo read what she said and stop embarrassing your family!

3 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by BarryX(m): 10:05am On Apr 17, 2013
Na story she dey find!! Only the political elites account for 5% of the population, pardon me since everybody is reeling out unverified percentage figures, i won't be left out, Christiane Amanpour knows better, she just played to the gallery and at the end of the day na image misrepresentation abi na incorrupt identity NOI wan try portray ni, she succeeded in saying something that will be talk about. 99.9% Nigerians §aal izz welll§
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Tbillz(m): 10:06am On Apr 17, 2013
If tha media would cover Up tha ugly partz of nigeria and show case tha betta side of nigeria.........4get it! Nigeria iz 99% free of corruptn. Juz like she said we are al in search of wat 2 feed On. Why are we livin a short life?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by claremont(m): 10:06am On Apr 17, 2013
If we assume that Nigeria has a population of 150 million people, 0.1% of that figure is about 150,000. Statistically, I think she may be right when we narrow down this 150,000 people to those who have held and abused positions of authority since independence.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by anonimi: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2013
And I thought Nigerians are religious always "confessing" good and positive things even when the reality is very different.
When times are tough don't we like to say "It is well". Even to person wey done sick well, well dey die dey go.
So NOI is simply being like we are. Positive at all times.
She is "representing" us VERY well to the world. grin

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2013
32-D:
that was a crude , unintelligent and stewpid response by madam okonjo......she was smarter than this, m not even talking about whether she lied or not, m talking bout the quality of her response. what happened to this woman? GEJ's idiocy is obviously rubbing off on her.

You are really the idio.t here sir! Learn to read well before coming here to display your stark stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2013
c
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by chucky234(m): 10:07am On Apr 17, 2013
Adura_ngba: Maybe she should have said 100% of Nigerians are corrupt and then you will all shut your dirty mouths.
You probably don't know what 99.9% represents,that's like saying all every single Nigerian is honest and sin-free as Jesus was. With the daily looting of public funds by politicians,company executives collecting money from applicants for jobs,coaches collecting money from players to field them in matches,bankers and bank managers cheating customers of their hard earned money,police mounting illegal roadblocks to extort vulnerable motorists,teachers/lecturers collecting bribes to award marks to students,contractors lobbying to get contracts,and Western union attendants collecting money from yahoo boys to pay out money received from maga abroad instead of turning them in to the police.
You are practically saying the above corrupt practices indulged by Nigerians daily represents 0.1% of the total population of 170m?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by sage2(m): 10:07am On Apr 17, 2013
She is right because the sum number of politicians and their accomplices holding us to ransom do not amount to 1% of the total population. Ok, let's assume that the entire government, from the federal to local government levels and it's workforce are corrupt, do you think that amount to 5% of the population? Just be honest and do the Maths.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2013
And if NOI is right, why do we allow these stupid Americans to give 99.9% of us a bad name cos of 0.1% of 170m people.

Use your heads my countrymen, The Americans are here to destroy our reputation and are not encouraging us in anyway.

I still prefer Owerri to New York.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by ypzilanti: 10:10am On Apr 17, 2013
Nigerians are not more corrupt than humans in other countries. We just have a system that rewards corruption thereby making those who want to do the right thing look like fools. In the end, the good people join in because they do not want to 'miss out' while being 'pious'.

The truth is that if we have an honest government and a good 'punish' and 'reward' system like they do in the USA, Nigerians will readjust to the new rules.

The example that comes to mind is the OJUELEGBA that Fela talked about where there was perpetual hold up and no police at the center directing traffic. But look now as Ojuelegba has better flowing traffic because LASTMA was put in place, and the side roads were fixed. That is what Nigeria needs: someone to direct the traffic at the center, and also fix the damn side roads.

5 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Sciencs(m): 10:12am On Apr 17, 2013
Apparently de all knew dis alamisiegha's pardon is grossly incredible...I mean, read d questn d man asked n check out her reply....vry stooopid n senseless reply. I can't even find any link btw d questn d man asked n her reply. See as a whole minister turn mumu jst because she wan cover one mumu president mistake. Its a shame on her dat at her age, calibre n position, she stil struggle 2 answer a direct questn jst because she dnt want 2 admit d seriousness of d fact dat d president's pardon on d ex-governor isn't jst wrong but absurdly insane...smh!

2 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by chucky234(m): 10:13am On Apr 17, 2013
Billyonaire: 99.9% of Nigerians are corruption free ? Let's do the maths. 0.1 of 170m = 1.7m

Add all concillors, LG Chairmen and Supervisors, Governors and DGs, State House members and Federal Legislators, in fact all politicians. If their number gets up to 1.7m then NOI is right.

And if NOI is right, why do we allow these stupid Americans to give 99.9% of us a bad name cos of 0.1% of 170m people.

Use your heads my countrymen, The Americans are here to destroy our reputation and are not encouraging us in anyway.

I still prefer Owerri to New York.
Corruption runs in almost every home and streets in Nigeria not just politicians,cut that crap of 1.7m.
From the market men and women,teachers and lecturers,coaches and athletics,bankers,CEOs,company executives,the many fraudsters,filling station attendants,car dealers,electronics dealers at computer village and Alaba Intl,importers who imports substandard products especially drugs.
90% of Nigerians are corrupt

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by TableLeg(m): 10:14am On Apr 17, 2013
oluomad:
Based on ur comment, I can put it this way!!
In ur family, ur mum and dad are corrupt, u urself is also corrupt!!
So u need to go to jail for beign corrupt!!
U are not inttelligent at allllll
What has my family got to do with my post?!
Are you fu...cking insane?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saraki: ‘you Have No Power To Summon Justice Umar’, SERAP Tells Senate / Appeal Court Cannot Make An Order Stopping CCT From Sitting~femi Falana / Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.