Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,521 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? (15774 Views)

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / 99.9% Of Ilorin People Are Yorubas, is the king of saudia arabic , a Fulani man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 17, 2013
Instead of arguing unnecessarily and calling NOI names why not ask yourselves if you are CORRUPT or HONEST & HARDWORKING
Definitely our politicians are corrupt and surely they are part of the 1%.

As for me I am honest, hardworking and not corrupt! Don't know about YOU sha. grin

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by emmatok(m): 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
Timehin: Instead of arguing unnecessarily and calling NOI names why not ask yourselves if you are CORRUPT or HONEST & HARDWORKING

As for me I am honest, hardworking and not corrupt! Don't know about YOU sha. grin

Are you saying all PDP, ACN,ANPP and APGA politicians are just 1%.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by ChimaAdeoye: 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

Your post means you are part of the highlighted because 419ers are not the only corrupt Nigerians, the whole of your civil service from Aso Rock to your ministries, government agencies from NPF to customs, NPA to police force, judiciary, house of reps, senators, governors and state civil service and agencies and the list goes on and on are all corrupt....

OK, what is the population of Nigerian Policemen who are corrupt? or are all of them corrupt?, our Federal civil service members who are corrupt, the corrupt senators etc. Are they more than 170,000 or even 200,000 people?
It is yeye ediots like you who go around propagating falsehood about Nigeria. Nigeria has good and corrupt citizens,and so has Britain,America,Russia,Germany,South Africa,Ghana etc. There is no special DNA in Nigerians that make everyone of them bad. Some are bad and some are good.Some Nigerians were even potential Popes! So stop the senseless hype!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 10:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
I knw Nigeria will be better one day, one day...but we can start stoping corruption by nt giving bribe to any one...together, we can redeem the image of Nigeria to its original state...gud night fellow nairalanders...
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by ballabriggs: 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
Rubbish stupid talk.

She should have just stuck with the talk of "we have challenges and we are working hard to strengthen our institutions to tackle the menace". Simple!!!

But she belongs to a fraudulent and deceitful regime so what do you expect.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
emmatok:

Are you saying all PDP, ACN,ANPP and APGA politicians are just 1%.

Typo error. Mean to say 0.1 remaining of the 99.9 as stated by NOI but do we have exact figure of our corrupt politicians since most of them have not been prosecuted or have succeeded in stalling such at the law courts? They could be more or less aside businessmen/women, private citizens e.t.c in or outside govt parastatals and other sectors of the economy too.

The truth of the matter is that majority if not all our politicians are corrupt!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Wadeoye(m): 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
What's this Ibo woman trying to achieve with this rubbish?

Image laundering or what? Nigerian leaders will not stop making me laugh. They keep ridicling themselves everyday.

How would you tell a lie that you know even a baby of 3 years will disagree with?

Who in the world doesnt know Nigerians especially their leaders and their evil minds?

Hope Okonjo's long list of honest Nigerians include GEJ, Okupe, Rueben Abati, Bode George, Alams, Anineh, OBJ, the pension looters, subsidy fruadsters, etc.

Nonesense...
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by philips70(m): 11:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you. Education in Nigeria is currently teaching them to exploit and scam others while taking every opportunity, like a shyster lawyer, to exploit any 'grey area' to create elements of doubt and deliver 'open interpretation' deadlock over what is ordinarily simple and incontrovertible. This is how these criminal-minded elements disgrace Nigeria before they engage their brain to note that they have just revealed the dishonesty that guides their thoughts. When they call us scammers and fraudsters we will be up in arms yet look at how Nigerians talk fraudulently in cyberspace and in ways that suggest we are very intellectually dishonest and manipulative.

One charlatan has already declared that NOI is asserting that 0.1% or 170,000.00 are corrupt. Conveniently and fraudulently, he touts this to equate the politicians in Nigeria. Yet how many employees does the NPF alone have? Customs and immigration nko? How are all the bombs, guns and foreign terrorists entering Nigeria easily if not for the corruption in those two government agencies? Do we dare talk about NPA, NNPC, the civil service, a Judiciary named one of the most corrupt in the entire world etc, etc , etc? My brother, we are in deep poo in so far as Nigeria is such a troubled land yet it is the citizens of the nation who keep saying "we dey kampe" when they should ordinarily be desperate for change, reform and progress. Why should any sane Nigerian back Okonjo-Iweala over this ridiculous and disgracefully dishonest utterance?

When a man is unfortunately his own greatest enemy his problems are hardly solved. We are farther down the poo hole.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by musiwa23: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
i will not say 99.9 %.. I will says it depend on ethnic group.. some ethnic group are honest.

With the hausa/fulani 65% this is why they bomb people.. and kill themself because money means nothing to them.

igbo 30% every igbo is a run man.. igbo people are the smartest and cleverness in nigeria. they will outsmart even God.

middle belt 60%

ijaw 40% they use too but with militia.. they are no more honest.

kanuri 70%

With the yorubas.. 70% that why the igbo scam them alot.. Yoruba tend to be stupiid and not too clever like the igbos. because of the culture.

are pastor punishing this people too. how many time do you see white people do this. it is just the culture of yorubas.. that they bring into Christianity.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-M-ganEgVL3Q/Tr7BMbkKNnI/AAAAAAAAC50/KojRoIuTAJw/s400/Zayer.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Wadeoye(m): 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:

OK, what is the population of Nigerian Policemen who are corrupt? or are all of them corrupt?, our Federal civil service members who are corrupt, the corrupt senators etc. Are they more than 170,000 or even 200,000 people?
It is yeye ediots like you who go around propagating falsehood about Nigeria. Nigeria has good and corrupt citizens,and so has Britain,America,Russia,Germany,South Africa,Ghana etc. There is no special DNA in Nigerians that make everyone of them bad. Some are bad and some are good.Some Nigerians were even potential Popes! So stop the senseless hype!

You are either deceiving yourself like Okonjo or you dont know anything about Nigerians. Apart from the rogues ruling us and criminals in police/army uniform, most of the people out there on the streets of Nigeria are professional liars, cheaters, and bribe takers. Is it the Agberos, the kidnappers in SE, militants in the north and south South, the ibos that sell fake items as genuine and also cheat buyers, or the contractors that use fake materials instead of the original they collected money for, the mechanic that cheats his customer, the employee/factory workers that steal, the pastors that fly around in private jets while their ignorant followers are hungry, or the employers that underpay their staff that are honest?

In your own way, you can check how honest Nigerians are - start a small business and put Nigerians in charge of it. Within 3 months, you will see how honest Nigerians can be.

I just completed a project and can tell you what I went through dealing with Nigerians as either workers, supervisor, people you buy things from, etc. Everybody wants to cheat you. Nigerians dont belief they can survive without cheating - ibo's case is pathetic - it is a way of life for them not to be honest.

We are in deep shit and in urgent need of strong leadership that can change the trend.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Gbawe: 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
Timehin: Instead of arguing unnecessarily and calling NOI names why not ask yourselves if you are CORRUPT or HONEST & HARDWORKING

Virtually all our vital institutions are paralysed by corruption and you are inanely talking about 0.1%. Do you know the official population of the NPF alone? Do you appreciate that our judiciary is ranked one of the most corrupt in the world? Is it politicians who man the NPF, Customs, judiciary, NNPC et al?

Get real dude. Our institutions are hideous havens of corruption to the extent the word "corrupt" would blush with shame if it were human. Stop myopically making issues about politicians and yourself alone. If you want to pretend that only politicians are corrupt then that means you never step outside your house to interact with the rest of Nigeria or that you are talking about a Nation on Mars that shares the same name with us.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by redsun(m): 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
She was in a hot seat,defending lies,while the CNN lady was overwhelmed with unfounded excuses.

In all sincerity,she happens to be the best nigeria can offer among politicians right now and she's been sulked into the blackhole of mental retardation that plagues nigerian society.

Even Jesus will join the crew in Nigeria where dishonesty is legitimate
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by redsun(m): 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
She was in a hot seat,defending lies,while the CNN lady was overwhelmed with unfounded excuses.

In all sincerity,she happens to be the best nigeria can offer among politicians right now and she's been sulked into the blackhole of mental retardation that plagues nigerian society.

Even Jesus will join the crew in Nigeria where dishonesty is legitimate. Overcoming evil is a sacrificial fight. It does not come on a platter.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
Gbawe:

Virtually all our vital institutions are paralysed by corruption and you are inanely talking about 0.1%. Do you know the official population of the NPF alone? Do you appreciate that our judiciary is ranked one of the most corrupt in the world? Is it politicians who man the NPF, Customs, judiciary, NNPC et al?

Get real dude. Our institutions are hideous havens of corruption to the extent the word "corrupt" would blush with shame if it were human. Stop myopically making issues about politicians and yourself alone. If you want to pretend that only politicians are corrupt then that means you never step outside your house to interact with the rest of Nigeria or that you are talking about a Nation on Mars that shares the same name with us.

I'll assume you didn't read my response to emmatok
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Rossikk(m): 2:34am On Apr 18, 2013
Why should Okonjo-Iweala not ''exaggerate'' by stating that 99.9% of Nigerians are honest, hardworking people? The world has spent the latter half of the last century claiming the exact opposite in an unholy, conspiratorial o.rgy of smears against the people of this great nation. You can only drive out a nail with another nail. Well done Madam Minister.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by EkoIle1: 2:57am On Apr 18, 2013
Rossikk: Why should Okonjo-Iweala not ''exaggerate'' by stating that 99.9% of Nigerians are honest, hardworking people? The world has spent the latter half of the last century claiming the exact opposite in an unholy, conspiratorial o.rgy of smears against the people of this great nation. You can only drive out a nail with another nail. Well done Madam Minister.

You sound very coo coo...
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by cjrane: 4:34am On Apr 18, 2013
musiwa23: i will not say 99.9 %.. I will says it depend on ethnic group.. some ethnic group are honest.

With the hausa/fulani 65% this is why they bomb people.. and kill themself because money means nothing to them.

igbo 30% every igbo is a run man.. igbo people are the smartest and cleverness in nigeria. they will outsmart even God.

middle belt 60%

ijaw 40% they use too but with militia.. they are no more honest.

kanuri 70%

With the yorubas.. 70% that why the igbo scam them alot.. Yoruba tend to be stupiid and not too clever like the igbos. because of the culture.

are pastor punishing this people too. how many time do you see white people do this. it is just the culture of yorubas.. that they bring into Christianity.
]

I agree 99.9% with you, except for yoruba.Personally, i have never met an honest yoruba person.
Their honesty is only when they say 'gud mornin' and you have to look outside the window to confirm it is really morning because they are pathological liars.
Yoruba percentage of honest people shouldn't be more than 0.001%. Okonjo Iweala was being very modest. She should have said the bitter truth that 99.9 percent yoruba nigerians are very very shady and most dishonest people ever created by satan.They teach them how to lie as their nasty language is being taught to them as kids grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Badmushazan: 7:29am On Apr 18, 2013
Nigeria need military ,to make dis country best again
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Marotzke(m): 7:42am On Apr 18, 2013
chucky234: You definitely don't know what the word "corruption" stands for,study the word very well then come back to debate this issue with me because you don't seem to have the right words to battle it out with me.
Debate or battle out what with you? Please keep your ambitions moderate. Professor of corruption.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by RuuDie(m): 8:24am On Apr 18, 2013
Seum: For those that did not listen to the interview, please read the transcriptor watch the vide before you comment like Idiotas.
she said

[size=18pt]99.9 percent of them are honest, hard-working citizens[/size]

Ok. How does HONEST, HARDWORKING and CORRUPT fit into the same line to describe an individual!!?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by RuuDie(m): 8:31am On Apr 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Who buys the stolen oil from Illegal bunkerers ? Americans
Who provide ammunition in the black market to start little wars and militia ? Americans
Who lobbies for security contracts to quell these little wars ? Americans
Who 'manufactured' HIV as a depopulation tool ? Americans
Who produces ARV drugs to solve the HIV problems ? Americans
Who controls the condom market ? Americans
Who controls PC market ? Americans
Who controls OS market ? Americans
Who coded virus to destroy OS ? Americans?
Who manufactures Anti-Virus to quarantine virus ? Americans
Who stage terrorism for corrupt military budgeting and corruption ? Americans?
Who trained Osama Bin Laden ? Americans
Who killed Osama Bin Laden ? Americans
Who empowered Saddam Hussein ? Americans
Who engineered the killing of Hussein ? Americans
Who is responsible for terrorism in the World ? Americans
Who is most corrupt ? Americans

I love Americans, I wanna be like Americans, just invent a problem, and invent the solution and the entire world will depend on you.

Christiane Amanpour, please focus on Boston!

And who gave you the WWW/INTERNET for you to spew all this bull.shyte!?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by gudugudumeje: 10:07am On Apr 18, 2013
This is ignorance and flattery put together. She should engage artisans to read their countenance and due attitudes to organised private sector(OPS) workers and public servants.

And that reminds me when in 1999 one Njoku from WORLD Bank pride to know the way poverty ravages Nigeria(ns) in an NGO process. She got it wrong, I stood up to tell her. And it is that way they at the Wold Bank are still getting everything about Nig. wrong.....

SO DAT THE MINISTER in Nig.--one WHO HAS NO INDICATOR ABOUT SOCIAL INDISCIPLINE in NIGERIA and the very way it is affecting the finance, banking & capital market....
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Rossikk(m): 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
RuuDie:

And who gave you the WWW/INTERNET for you to spew all this bull.shyte!?
The stolen wealth of the nations rap.ed by the USA did. And what he typed is TRUE, you dumb slave.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by dederocs(m): 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Of course they the Politicians who make up less than 1percent steal,plunder,loot,destroy and kill our economy.
This is the first time i will agree with the fat buffoon.she is a criminal,selling our economy to the IMF,now giving her criminal political cronies freeway to our National wealth.idiotic element.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku / LG Administration Getting Worse In Nigeria, Obasanjo Cries Out / Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.