Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,154 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? (15775 Views)

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / 99.9% Of Ilorin People Are Yorubas, is the king of saudia arabic , a Fulani man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
Awsome5645: How can d rich knws what poverty is all abt!
She has 2defend her fellow felony.
When they steal, dey call misappropriation of fund.
She should shut up. Nigeria cake ,cut as you want.
Jesus did not came 2 break d law but 2fulfil it.
When i get there i will cut my own cake and tell the world that Nigeria is 99.9%corrupt free.

angry angry . And your point is? embarassed
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by TheMadame(f): 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
Watched the interview and chuckled through out,as Madam engaged in half truths and bare faced lies. Anampour was clearly amused too.
The truth is 99% of Nigerians are corrupt,while the remaining 1% are potentially corrupt because they have not yet been given the opportunity to be corrupt.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Venchy: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
nnenna.1:

Yes, talk.

Even you are dishonest and lazy.

Broadcast it to the world since things are not right.

I'm suprise by comments, this are Nigerians going through hell and you are comparing America that has constant Electricity and good roads with Nigeria, if there's corruption over there must we practice the same thing or you don't know RIGHT FROM WRONG.

Wow.....we are begining to highlights the problem of Nigeria. ....that's why Oyedepo slap a church member and still no one should talk.

I think theres a serious problem with some nigerians

End of discussion with you.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Parnassuss(m): 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
oluomad: I love people who give Nigeria a very good public image!!
At least me am sure am not corrupt!!
My family members are not!!
If u criticize her then u are corrupt!!

U sef are falling ur hand by ur self.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Freiburger(m): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
Is this woman finding it difficult to understand what curruption actually means? A clear signal that we still got a long way to go.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by playmode(m): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
Every_LadY:

THAT'S NOT MY POINT.THERE ARE APPROPRIATE WAY AND PLACES OF ADDRESSING EVERY ISSUE. THE PLATFORM PRESENTED BY CNN WAS WELL UTILIZED BY NOI.ON DEALING WITH OUR CORRUPT NATIONAL LIFE, WE HAVE TO CHOOSE A RIGHT MEDIUM. I THINK SHE DID WELL ALREADY.

You need to stop deluding yourself. NOI just made Nigeria look like a nation of clowns.I watched the interview with a bunch of friends who were not Nigerians and their opinion at the end of the interview is that the woman is a con artist.

She just looked like a thief trying to protect other thieves.I swear i thought i was watching a market woman speak.If that is the NOI that Nigerians are bragging about then i am sorry but our standards are very low.You should listen to the former Minister of Finance for South Africa Mr Trevor Manuel. Search for any of his interviews on youtube and compare.Maybe then you will understand how screwed we are to have this corrupt over hyped "economics" fraud as our finance minister.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
playmode: This interview was the first time I have ever heard NOI speak and to be honest she came across as a dubious individual who glaring answered all the questions posed to her in a manner devoid of honesty or intellect. She is neither intelligent nor well educated. Yes I didn't stutter, I meant what I said when I said she is not well educated. How she was ever employed in a position higher that of a janitor at the world bank is beyond me.

Our President has a PhD yet he speaks like a spare parts dealer with no education. Nigeria is a nation led by dubious leaders whose credentials are also dubious. How many professors have we appointed into various ministerial positions since the advent of democracy in Nigeria? How many of them has ever achieved at least 10% of what their portfolio requires?

I am starting to believe that this woman is a saboteur propped up by western covert agencies and made to look like some economic superstar so that the dumb Nigerian president could elect her as a minister. The woman I watched on Amanpour was neither competent nor intelligent enough to run a Pakistani corner shop talk less of a Finance ministry. We are in DEEP cycle trouble in Nigeria. We are being held hostage and many of us don’t even know it.

The average Nigeria does not believe in experience, reputation or integrity. Instead we believe in popularity, big grammar and God fatherism. Any honest Nigerian knows that corruption is part of life in Nigeria. Without even conducting any research, anyone with half a brain can deduce that no less than 50% of Nigerians are corrupt. If we cannot be honest enough to admit our faults , how can we rectify them? I do not feel pity for Nigeria or Nigerians because we got ourselves in to this mess. When 2015 arrives we will vote for the same leaders again and come back to Nairaland to moan and complain when they do not govern well. You can’t keep doing the same thing and expect different results. If you use Garri to cook it will turn to Eba,it will never turn to pounded yam. It is common sense ,something that is not common at all amongst Nigerians.

Maybe the whites are right that blacks cannot Govern themselves. We have had 50+ years to show that we govern ourselves progressively but we have intentionally out of our own will refused to do so. Something is seriously wrong with us Nigerians.

Hey, it's shymmex, bro - the spambot just crucified my handle...

Thank God I'm not the only guy who think this woman is dumber than a rock... Every time she opens her mouth to speak, she shoots herself in the foot and expose how bereft of ideas she really is... It's either her CV is padded, or she's just in Nigeria to further destroy the country...

Did you also see where the woman alluded to implementing all the policies suggested by World Bank and IMF? The same policies that have ruined the country and destroyed more than two generations of Nigerians...

Honestly, this woman needs to stop talking and go hide her face... Her face is repulsive, her enunciation is appalling, and she's as dishonest as they come.... Very annoying woman!! undecided undecided
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Tonycart: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Ngozi speak for your self. 99.9% my foot. What has the country got to show for it. By the way re you among the 99.9% or the 1%?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by profstar(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
Abagworo: Yes majority of Nigerians are corruption free but however many if given the opportunity would engage in corrupt practices.
every human being who is not strong in his or her determination will engage in corrupt practices if given the opportunity NO MATTER WHICH PART OF THE WORLD THEY ARE. Please don't condemn this country for us, we still believe in her..
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Venchy: 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
Every_LadY:

THAT'S NOT MY POINT.THERE ARE APPROPRIATE WAY AND PLACES OF ADDRESSING EVERY ISSUE. THE PLATFORM PRESENTED BY CNN WAS WELL UTILIZED BY NOI.ON DEALING WITH OUR CORRUPT NATIONAL LIFE, WE HAVE TO CHOOSE A RIGHT MEDIUM. I THINK SHE DID WELL ALREADY.

My dear, let's Nigerians express their views, all this are due and let's appreciate NAIRALAND and hopefully there will be a stronger Medium to expose our criminal Leader.

It's a criminal thing to give a wrong information about the issues of Corruption in Nigeria on international TV, same as Mr President gave a wrong information about Electricity on international.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by zuchyblink(m): 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
it is ironical
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by thelegend1(m): 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
Abagworo: Yes majority of Nigerians are corruption free but however many if given the opportunity would engage in corrupt practices.

this sums up the the thread!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
Nigeria needs someone like Guido Mantega of Brazil, not these clowns running around with padded CVs...
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by avalontony(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
na lie joor!!!!!!! our leaders are not honest and God will punish all of them in due time.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Marotzke(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
chucky234: You probably don't know what 99.9% represents,that's like saying all every single Nigerian is honest and sin-free as Jesus was. With the daily looting of public funds by politicians,company executives collecting money from applicants for jobs,coaches collecting money from players to field them in matches,bankers and bank managers cheating customers of their hard earned money,police mounting illegal roadblocks to extort vulnerable motorists,teachers/lecturers collecting bribes to award marks to students,contractors lobbying to get contracts,and Western union attendants collecting money from yahoo boys to pay out money received from maga abroad instead of turning them in to the police.
You are practically saying the above corrupt practices indulged by Nigerians daily represents 0.1% of the total population of 170m?
please 0.1% of 170million is what? How many dishonest people do you actually need to tar everybody with ignominy. Mind you. She never said 99.9% are sinfree. She said honest and hardworking. All of you who wish ill for your country will certainly have your prayers answered personaly.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by MadCow1: 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

so what was the topic being treated? & what is synonym to honest? think & grow rich

First of all, I thin the word you are searching for is ANTONYM, not synonym..

Secondly, She didnt say 99.9% of Nigerians are not corrupt. She only said 99.9% are honest.

Her presumption is to be considered fair, since neither you nor I have the actual figures of corrupt Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Image123(m): 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
if she actually said that, she should resign. That is one dishonest fellow in charge of our nation's money. Is that possibly how she's being lying bold-faced to nigerian citizens?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by macchestone(m): 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
I beg aunty Iweala don't try to deceive us cos we live and work here in Nigeria and we know 78% of Nigerian are so corrupt especially from the governments incharge of our affairs.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by macchestone(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
I beg aunty Iweala pls don't try to deceive us cos we were born, grew and still works in this country and we know 78% of Nigerians are corrupt especially from our governments and public office holders they are the most corporate criminals.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
I have issues with a few of her comments, yes.

But for the life of me I cannot believe that this one is singled out for dispute.

She should have said that the average Nigerian is lazy and dishonest?

Venchy:

I'm suprise by comments, this are Nigerians going through hell and you are comparing America that has constant Electricity and good roads with Nigeria, if there's corruption over there must we practice the same thing or you don't know RIGHT FROM WRONG.

Wow.....we are begining to highlights the problem of Nigeria. ....that's why Oyedepo slap a church member and still no one should talk.

I think theres a serious problem with some nigerians

End of discussion with you.

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by andyzoga: 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
[b][/b]Am pretty sure Amanpour knows NOI is not honest by this statement of hers. In a country where many governors,senators,DGs, Local govt chairmen,etc are rogues? She should be more honourable to always say the truth regardless of any image she wants to give her nation.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by olachild: 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
jamace: Does this woman know God at all? angry angry Why tell this kind of open lie? This lie is too brazen that it can not polish a corruption ridden country like Nigeria.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by olachild: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
How come madam NoI did not stutter or stammer wen making dz abominable utterance,she must b a hardened liar.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by profstar(m): 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
Still thinking...
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by profstar(m): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
chucky234: 99.9% Nigerians corruption free?
She can say that to nursery school children and certainly not an adult (literate or not) who is apparent with the many corrupt practices in the country.
the answer to your question is YOU, You are the one apparent with many corrupt practices in the country, until we start looking at things in that personality view, we may not achieve great height as a country
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by kurga(m): 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
Adura_ngba: Maybe she should have said 100% of Nigerians are corrupt and then you will all shut your dirty mouths.
She your mom or something? And next time, be smart with your answer. Do you know what 99.9% means? Where did she get the facts from? Infact na your mouth de smell
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by profstar(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

maybe she thinks she's using political propaganda to deceive the international community or...she's trying to redeem the image of Nigeria from the black paint of corruption by the international community, which they 've marked Nigeria leaders not pple...
think wisely, the people are the country and the leaders too are also citizen; don't fool yourself, we are all marked
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by kambah(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
Abagworo: Yes majority of Nigerians are corruption free but however many if given the
opportunity would engage in corrupt practices.

Please try to understand madam minister, what she said was 99.9% of Nigerians are corrupt free people but all the citizens need is good leaders. So, public office holders are the problem of this country.

Stealling of crude oil by our leaders

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by profstar(m): 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
dridowu: She must defend FG but we all know that Corruption is another name for Nigeria
If she had said that "we are all corrupt in nigeria" do you think that will make the white to interfere and save us like superman, if USA were in our shoe, they will say the same thing she said in order to protect the country's image, only that they will make the percentage a little lower about 70% or so
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by kurga(m): 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
Seum: For those that did not listen to the interview, please read the transcriptor watch the vide before you comment like Idiotas.
she said

[size=18pt]99.9 percent of them are honest, hard-working citizens[/size]
what exactly do they do that she says they are hardworking? Last I checked unemployment was still high. As a scientist, I believe in facts. You lay such a claim using that kind of figure, it has to come from somewhere credible
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by profstar(m): 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
nairaman66: Oh yea? I think she just won the joker of the year!!
She has made her money and her voice and opinion is been heard on CNN, but you are her condemning her, like as if she give a Bleep about you
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by joelbaba: 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
that is write.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Shot In Abidjan For Attacking Police Station With A Cutlass / Edo/ondo: INEC Petitions NBA Over Conflicting Orders By Courts / Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.