Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,003 members, 7,835,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? (15781 Views)

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / 99.9% Of Ilorin People Are Yorubas, is the king of saudia arabic , a Fulani man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by ypzilanti: 10:14am On Apr 17, 2013
Sciencs: Apparently de all knew dis alamisiegha's pardon is grossly incredible...I mean, read d questn d man asked n check out her reply....vry stooopid n senseless reply. I can't even find any link btw d questn d man asked n her reply. See as a whole minister turn mumu jst because she wan cover one mumu president mistake. Its a shame on her dat at her age, calibre n position, she stil struggle 2 answer a direct questn jst because she dnt want 2 admit d seriousness of d fact dat d president's pardon on d ex-governor isn't jst wrong but absurdly insane...smh!

I was surprised that Amanpour did not bring her back to the REAL question. She gave NOI a lifeline that she would not have given GEJ. Too much respect or woman solidarity in play.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by TableLeg(m): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2013
ooHBee: She didn't say 99.9cent are corrupt free.
She said 99.9 are honest, hardworking people.
She also accepted Nigeria has corruption issues.

So people I think she dealt with that properly.

Thank you... I thought that was what i heard too!

I dont however agree that 99.9% are honest .... That is simply not true!

2 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by TableLeg(m): 10:17am On Apr 17, 2013
A lot of folks commenting on this thread are either daft, dumb or dimwitted!!!

For God's sake, she didnt say 99.9% are corrupt .... Fu...cking dweebs and plebs!

Seek knowledge, get to the bottom of things before spitting nonsense on a public forum!

OP

Please correct the title of your thread!

Jheeeeeeeze!

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by ypzilanti: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2013
A good 'reward' and 'punish' system will make any society 'uncorrupt'. Americans and English people are not saints...the price of breaking laws is very high in those countries.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 17, 2013
Who buys the stolen oil from Illegal bunkerers ? Americans
Who provide ammunition in the black market to start little wars and militia ? Americans
Who lobbies for security contracts to quell these little wars ? Americans
Who 'manufactured' HIV as a depopulation tool ? Americans
Who produces ARV drugs to solve the HIV problems ? Americans
Who controls the condom market ? Americans
Who controls PC market ? Americans
Who controls OS market ? Americans
Who coded virus to destroy OS ? Americans?
Who manufactures Anti-Virus to quarantine virus ? Americans
Who stage terrorism for corrupt military budgeting and corruption ? Americans?
Who trained Osama Bin Laden ? Americans
Who killed Osama Bin Laden ? Americans
Who empowered Saddam Hussein ? Americans
Who engineered the killing of Hussein ? Americans
Who is responsible for terrorism in the World ? Americans
Who is most corrupt ? Americans

I love Americans, I wanna be like Americans, just invent a problem, and invent the solution and the entire world will depend on you.

Christiane Amanpour, please focus on Boston!

6 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 10:20am On Apr 17, 2013
alexchiny: @OP

GOD PUNISH YOU FOR MALICIOUSLY TWISTING HER WORDS. CHANGE THAT TOPIC NOW BEFORE I REPORT YOU BECAUSE SHE NEVER SAID SO. MAY YOU BURN IN HELL FOR DECEIVING PEOPLE HERE
sad sad

olodo! may God forgiv u. but b4 u burn in hell, pls tell us what she said, if not, u re a mongoloid
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by PBundles(m): 10:23am On Apr 17, 2013
Ofcourse its not true we all know that but what did you really expect her to say. If she would have said the truth it would have equated to a death sentence. She is the finance minister remember (contracts, business etc etc). We have a saying where I from....YOU NEVER TELL A MAN THAT HIS WIFE IS CHEATING ON HIM, YOU TELL HIM TO WATCH HIS WIFE.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:23am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

olodo! may God forgiv u. but b4 u burn in hell, pls tell us what she said, if not, u re a mongoloid

Foo.l. she said that 99.9 percent are just hardworking and honest people. Go back to school idio.t

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 10:24am On Apr 17, 2013
Billyonaire: Who buys the stolen oil from Illegal bunkerers ? Americans
Who provide ammunition in the black market to start little wars and militia ? Americans

I love Americans, I wanna be like Americans, just invent a problem, and invent the solution and the entire world will depend on you.

good research...nice write-up
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:24am On Apr 17, 2013
Table Leg :
A lot of folks commenting on this thread are either daft, dumb or dimwitted!!!

For God's sake, she didnt say 99.9% are not corrupt .... Fu...cking dweebs and plebs!

Seek knowledge, get to the bottom of things before spitting nonsense on a public forum!

OP

Please correct the title of your thread!

Jheeeeeeeze!

And the useless MODs allowed such deception because of traffic? Am terribly disappointed.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by fkaz(m): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2013
What an irony

Nigeria does have a problem with corruption.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by bodejohn(m): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2013
I like mathematics....
If 99.9% of 170 million Nigerians are honest and hardworking then
0.1% of the 170 million are corrupt, this is 170,000 corrupt Nigerians.

We also need to look at the spread of the 170,000 corrupt Nigerians.
They cannot be infants and teenagers, because at least these ones do not yet make decisions on their own.
These corrupt Nigerians are found in various cadres and at different levels in the public and private sectors of our economy.
They are the voice and the image of Nigerians, in short, they are the elected and appointed leaders. They are the Chairmen and CEOs at private enterprises.

Aunty Ngozi, the 0.1% Nigerians that are corrupt are the people who represent Nigeria in the public and private sectors.
They are the voice of Nigerians...they the NIGERIA that Nigerians and other people in the world call CORRUPT.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by TableLeg(m): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert: Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala talks to Christiane Amanpour on CNN last night during an interview, when asked about hw corruption has eaten us deep in Nigeria, she responded emphatically that, Nigeria has about 170 million population and 99.9% of the population are corruption free and they are just hardworking pple who go about their businesses everyday to earn a living and that they just need a trusted govt to manage their resources, thats all.

The question is, is it true or false that 99.9% of Nigerians are corruption free?

fellow Nairalanders, you knw better, pls contribute

Dude, this is a public forum ....

I suggest you go back and watch/listen to the interview first, then come back here and do the right thing!

That is all i have to say

Your thread title is absolutely incorrect

Moderator,

You guys should work harder to verify the source and contents of information you launch to the front page on this forum!

I believe it should be one of the key roles and responsibilities you should all deliver

Stop promoting false information or threads that lack credence!

4 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 17, 2013
I like the fact that she had to defend Nigeria. They want us nigerians to be labelled corrupt when in the true sense they are only that their method of thieving is approached in a highly civilised way.

Mrs. Finance must have experienced whims of foreign diplomacy played against her. Especially in her quest to attain the apex position of the world bank which for any reason she was best qualified, only for medical personnel to clinch the job. That is an example of a corruption.

2 Likes

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by TableLeg(m): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2013
alexchiny:

And the useless MODs allowed such deception because of traffic? Am terribly disappointed.

Thank you ... I have always said that majority of the moderators on this forum are clueless idio...ts!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Franky9584(m): 10:28am On Apr 17, 2013
All of us are busy shouting, plz i want 2 ask a question, who z nt corrupt? Anyway i knw wia d woman z driving at bt my candid advice 2 us all z 2 change. If evrybody on nairaland should change, i guess nigeria wil b a beta place 2live [color=#770077][/color]
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:28am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert: Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala talks to Christiane Amanpour on CNN last night during an interview, when asked about hw corruption has eaten us deep in Nigeria, she responded emphatically that, Nigeria has about 170 million population and 99.9% of the population are corruption free and they are just hardworking pple who go about their businesses everyday to earn a living and that they just need a trusted govt to manage their resources, thats all.

The question is, is it true or false that 99.9% of Nigerians are corruption free?

fellow Nairalanders, you knw better, pls contribute

YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO HUMANITY!!! CHANGE THAT YOUR TOPIC IMMEDIATELY AND GO ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS. BLOODY ILLITERATE WITH COMPREHENSION PROBLEMS.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by theripper2: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2013
Gross misinformation.

@OP, are u a corrupt Nigerian?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2013
alexchiny:

Foo.l. she said that 99.9 percent are just hardworking and honest people. Go back to school idio.t

so she didnt say 99.9% of Nigerians are not corrupt abi? u re just a scalawag trying to be popular here
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2013
I doubt if an average Chinese, Iranian, Canadian, even Ghanian will side with a foreign hypocrite against their Governments, religion has ruined the psyche of many people on Nairaland. I feel sad for you people. America keeps using their press to suppress you guys, the moment there is an issue to criticise USA, Amanpour finds a way to confuse Nigerian online youth. Now, its time we say, Boston is boiling and stay focused on your incompetence to manage security in your country, Amanpour, sounds like Aman poor.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:33am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

so she didnt say 99.9% of Nigerians are not corrupt abi? u re just a scalawag trying to be popular here

Please Mr idio.t, post where she said that. You are a very useless propagandist.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by pazziejosh(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2013
she is always deceivin us,she was d cause of subsidy removal n d moni was looted due 2coruption.
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by mekaboy(m): 10:34am On Apr 17, 2013
All those who expect her to tell the world that Nigerians are corrupt, I am sure you have not attained any high position in life and if you continue with this mentality, you won't.

You are the same people that fight other countries when they say Nigerians are corrupt. Yet you want her to tell the whole world that Nigerians are corrupt.

You complain of poverty and lack of employment and you want the finance minister to tell the worl nigeria is corrupt.

How many foreign investors will come to Nigeria with that image ?
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by MadCow1: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2013
k00lxpert:

No she didnt!!

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Lexo22(m): 10:38am On Apr 17, 2013
a former governor who was convicted of stealing millions of dollars, has been pardoned, embezzling $55 million in public funds.

Now, the U.S. calls that a setback for the fight against corruption.

I mean how do you answer that?

OKONJO-IWEALA: How do I answer that question?......

na d main question be this. the question is very simple but too hurt to answer.

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 17, 2013

Are you high dude ? With all the problems in Nigeria,how many has your government found solutions to ?

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by alexchiny: 10:43am On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Are you high dude ? With all the problems in Nigeria,how many has your government found solutions to ?

And how many did your past Yoruba government solve? face front abeg
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by k00lxpert(m): 10:43am On Apr 17, 2013
Table Leg :

Dude, this is a public forum ....

I suggest you go back and watch/listen to the interview first, then come back here and do the right thing!

That is all i have to say

Your thread title is absolutely incorrect

Moderator,

You guys should work harder to verify the source and contents of information you launch to the front page on this forum!

I believe it should be one of the key roles and responsibilities you should all deliver

Stop promoting false information or threads that lack credence!

chap, i deal in interpretation of news...what are the synonym for the word 'honest'? it means not corrupt, reliable, fair, good, honourable, dependable...etc...i can go on & on. read, study, comprehend b4 u comment next time...all my posts are powerful & balance

1 Like

Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by Lilimax(f): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2013

GBAM!!
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by adconline(m): 10:45am On Apr 17, 2013
Problem with Nigeria is that 60% are corrupt, 20% are purchasable, 20% are corrupt-free, so it's hard for 20% to change the mindset of 60%. Unlike in the US, where 70% are corrupt free, 20% are purchasable, 10% are corrupt
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by 1stola: 10:45am On Apr 17, 2013
[size=20pt]mumu[/size]
Re: 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True? by vicese(m): 10:45am On Apr 17, 2013
She has to defend her people.........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saraki Threatens To Walk Out Senators Making Noise During Plenary / 2023: North Can't Afford To Let Tinubu Down - Kashim Shettima / Suspected Boko Haram Leader Arrested At Karkasara Quarters In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.