Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu (16625 Views)

A Look at Leadership from an Islamic Perspective / An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation / Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by peteregwu(m): 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
maclatunji: Boko Haram is not an Islamic organisation – Governor Aliyu

Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, Tuesday condemned the activities of Boko Haram sect, saying the sect “does not represent Islam.”

Aliyu said this yesterday at the 2013 Annual Conference and Awards Ceremony organised by Leadership Newspapers in Abuja.

According to him, “Boko Haram is not a Muslim organisation. If a Muslim commits suicide, he goes straight to hell. If a Muslim kills another man without justifiable reason, the sin of that person is transferred to him. There is no compulsion to the religion of Islam”, he explained.

While appealing to Nigerians to tolerate their differences and live amicably, the governor called for devolution of power to Local Governments to bring governance closer to the people.

He bemoaned a situation where people sit down in Abuja “and plan for people they don’t know”.

Aliyu also urged politicians to promote internal democracy so that people would have the right to choose their leaders.

“Some people are a misnomer to the positions they occupy. People must be given chance to elect people they think can do better for them,” he said.

Aliyu, who is the chairman of the Northern Governors’ Forum, advised ruling parties at the federal and state levels to tolerate the opposition.

He said, “If you have credible opposition, it will keep you on your toes. You will know you can’t take things for granted. You will know you need to consult with the people so that you can do the right things otherwise the opposition will come and take over. Those who do not appreciate the opposition have no business being in politics.” He added.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/04/17/boko-haram-is-not-an-islamic-organisation-governor-aliyu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=boko-haram-is-not-an-islamic-organisation-governor-aliyu

i see, so who are they? if they are not muslims, what are they then..demons? hmmmm....but why are the northern elites afraid of condemning?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by hayubee(m): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
@alexis fighting 4 Allah in wat sense Allah dose no ask us 2 fight unless we ar being oppressed I.e stoped u from goin 2 masjid nd readin d quran dat wen u can fight for Allah
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by peteregwu(m): 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
ACTUALLY I HAVE NO BLAME FOR BOKO HARAM, I ONLY BLAME THE QUARAN.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
hayubee: @alexis fighting 4 Allah in wat sense Allah dose no ask us 2 fight unless we ar being oppressed I.e stoped u from goin 2 masjid nd readin d quran dat wen u can fight for Allah

Is Boko Haram being oppressed when they BOMB churches and kill Christians? Remember, that the word "fighting" is a verb - an action verb, it is offensive and not defensive.

If someone attacks my home and wants to steal, kill and hurt by family. It makes perfect sense to defend myself. So, defensive Jihad is acceptable. However, attacking and killing innocent people can't be classified as oppression when the victims didn't attack you. That is why I said, some of the verses in the Quran justifies violence because the author of the Quran should have made it clear what those verses meant. Aside that, there are numerous verses in the Quran that talks about violence but leaves it to the reader to decide if it is defensive or offensive.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
slagadoo: wat is JIHAD?

alexis: Please teach us the meaning
of Jihad with references from
the Quran and Hadith so we
can understand

Lilimax: I want to know the meaning of
JIHAD too.

Your questions have been answered in many thread, here is one... grin

The True Meaning Of Jihad
http://nairaland.com/1177382/true-meaning-jihad

The arabic word "Jihad" means a struggle or striving and applies to any great effort on the personal and social level. It is striving to do good and remove injustice
and evil from oneself and the
society.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by slagadoo: 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
JIHAD: is a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty

in Islam, the central doctrine that calls on believers to combat the enemies of their religion.
According to the Qur'an and the Hadith, jihad is a duty that may be fulfilled in four ways: by
the heart, the tongue, the hand, or the sword. The first way (known in Sufism as the “greater jihad”)
involves struggling against evil desires. The ways of the tongue and hand call for verbal defense
and right actions. The jihad of the sword involves waging war against enemies of Islam. Believers
contend that those who die in combat become martyrs and are guaranteed a place in paradise. In the
20th and 21st centuries the concept of jihad has sometimes been used as an ideological weapon in the
effort to combat Western influences and secular governments and to establish an ideal Islamic society

Source:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jihad
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz:

Your questions have been answered in many thread, here is one... grin

The True Meaning Of Jihad
http://nairaland.com/1177382/true-meaning-jihad

The arabic word "Jihad" means a struggle or striving and applies to any great effort on the personal and social level. It is striving to do good and remove injustice
and evil from oneself and the
society.

So you are saying Jihad is personal. For example, striving to be a better person? Are there any other forms of Jihad?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by joelbaba: 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
oooooooooooooo pls heip me ask him ooooooooo.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
slagadoo: JIHAD: is a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty

in Islam, the central doctrine that calls on believers to combat the enemies of their religion.
According to the Qur'an and the Hadith, jihad is a duty that may be fulfilled in four ways: by
the heart, the tongue, the hand, or the sword.
The first way (known in Sufism as the “greater jihad”)
involves struggling against evil desires. The ways of the tongue and hand call for verbal defense
and right actions.
The jihad of the sword involves waging war against enemies of Islam. Believers
contend that those who die in combat become martyrs and are guaranteed a place in paradise. In the
20th and 21st centuries the concept of jihad has sometimes been used as an ideological weapon in the
effort to combat Western influences and secular governments and to establish an ideal Islamic society.

Source:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jihad
you are good to go grin grin if you really understand what you have posted from merriam ''dictionary'' grin tongue
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
^^ read above...
alexis:

So you are saying Jihad is personal. For example, striving to be a better person? Are there any other forms of Jihad?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Surjman: 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexis:

You asked me to show you in the Quran where VIOLENCE is justified right?

Surah 2:216 - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Please don't tell me I am quoting out of context because I know the corresponding Hadith this verse was referring to. But I will allow you answer.

Surah 4:74 - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

I have shown you only 2 verses from the Quran that JUSTIFIES VIOLENCE.
.....tanx for d verses.surah 2(bakarah) vs 216 stated dat fighting is obligatory but did it mension fighting of innocent people........surah 4(an-Nisa) vs 74 as quoted,let dos hu fyt in d way of Allah......dos killing innocent citizens,children,women n unarmed citizens justifies fytin in the name of Allah?also d last part of d verse mentioned,b he slain or victorious.....dos suicide bombin incate u been slain?we all know a suicide bomber killed himself n nt slained.dos killing d innocent makes u victorious?dis questions are for u to ansa

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by nelxsantos(m): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
they r nt islam, i guest they r 'boko haram' nd they attnd friday prayers @ d mosque. NB, d BH nver bomb any Northern political meetin b it high/low class gatherin, dos it mean they dnt hv d info. They hv grwn pas U nd stl grwin til it raech una stage. So U beter do somtin b4 somtin do U.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by slagadoo: 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
And the Enemies are Christains.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz: ^^ read above...

The question is to you mate, you can answer it or not. The burden of explanation is on you, not on me.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2013
slagadoo: And the Enemies are Christains.
can you define the word ''Enemy''
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexis:

The question is to you mate, you can answer it or not. The burden of explanation is on you, not on me.
i have provide you your answer what else do you want me to post?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by hayubee(m): 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
@alexis like I said in my post earlier. Judge me not my religion so wat bh is doing is no wat we we're asked 2 do, der only misunderstandin. D Quran islam is peace is swear with my life! D reason y ppl have c islam as a religion of violence is cos of d way d media portrays islam bt islam is not as seen on tv. Afta 9/11 d u s invaded iraq nd pakistan d u s army killed over 100k civilian in iraq nd pakistan wit no evidence 2 show dy ar terrorist wen only at most 10k was killed in9/11 how many ppl no of dis? Cos d bbc nd co won't show dat tanks 2 al jazeera nd wikilweaks d meadia makes us c wat dy want us 2! Secondly cos an average persn believes wat he sees on t v p.s I if osama truely did d 9/11 attack he is a shame 2 islam nd humanity
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by slagadoo: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz: can you define the word ''Enemy''
Western Education is a Sin
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by oluamid(m): 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
gboss4sure: Don't they kill in the name of allah? Every terrorist organization in the world operates with the name of allah and the religion islam so what will make us to believe that is not an Islamic organization?

pls, go get a little more
knowledge, its obvious the one you currently have is not enough. thanks.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
Yes.. It is not a muslim organisation. It is just an organisation dominated by muslims only.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
Surjman: .....tanx for d verses.surah 2(bakarah) vs 216 stated dat fighting is obligatory but did it mension fighting of innocent people........surah 4(an-Nisa) vs 74 as quoted,let dos hu fyt in d way of Allah......dos killing innocent citizens,children,women n unarmed citizens justifies fytin in the name of Allah?also d last part of d verse mentioned,b he slain or victorious.....dos suicide bombin incate u been slain?we all know a suicide bomber killed himself n nt slained.dos killing d innocent makes u victorious?dis questions are for u to ansa

Surah 2:216 = It didn't mention fighting innocent people. Perhaps it should have to clarify that innocent people shouldn't be killed. You are proving my point. The author of the Quran should had made it clear on who should be fought and who shouldn't. It should have stated in what situation you should fight - defensive or offensive. Since it didn't, it gives justification to the reader to interpret it how they see fit.

Not only does this verse (Surah 2:216) establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Surah 4:74 = Why did the author of the Quran leave the interpretation for you to explain to me. Why didn't the writer of the Quran explained everything from jump-start. I am not confused on the interpretation on this verse. Boko Haram, Ansaru, the Islamist in Mali and numerous others are the ones you should be addressing this question to.

Because the Quran didn't make it clear who should be KILLED, it gives a platform of justification to the person reading these verses to interpret it however they want.

Here is another one

Surah 4:95 "Not equal are those believers who sit at (at home) and receive no hurt and those who strive and fight in the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than those who sit (at home).

There are so many verses on VIOLENCE that you can't possibly tell me what the author meant. Why didn't he make it clear what he meant?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz: i have provide you your answer what else do you want me to post?

We all know you are the copy and paste King, I didn't expect anything more. Thanks for the attempt though
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
Surjman: .....tanx for d verses.surah 2(bakarah) vs 216 stated dat fighting is obligatory but did it mension fighting of innocent people........surah 4(an-Nisa) vs 74 as quoted,let dos hu fyt in d way of Allah......dos killing innocent citizens,children,women n unarmed citizens justifies fytin in the name of Allah?also d last part of d verse mentioned,b he slain or victorious.....dos suicide bombin incate u been slain?we all know a suicide bomber killed himself n nt slained.dos killing d innocent makes u victorious?dis questions are for u to ansa
Correct!! smiley

The christians dont know the fact that the bible contains war and slavery.... Christ Jesus who said i only came with sword to the earth not peace and kill my enemies who doesnt want me to reign over them. . . . is not calling for war against his enemies??
Christians need to use their brain
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
hayubee: @alexis like I said in my post earlier. Judge me not my religion so wat bh is doing is no wat we we're asked 2 do, der only misunderstandin. D Quran islam is peace is swear with my life! D reason y ppl have c islam as a religion of violence is cos of d way d media portrays islam bt islam is not as seen on tv. Afta 9/11 d u s invaded iraq nd pakistan d u s army killed over 100k civilian in iraq nd pakistan wit no evidence 2 show dy ar terrorist wen only at most 10k was killed in9/11 how many ppl no of dis? Cos d bbc nd co won't show dat tanks 2 al jazeera nd wikilweaks d meadia makes us c wat dy want us 2! Secondly cos an average persn believes wat he sees on t v p.s I if osama truely did d 9/11 attack he is a shame 2 islam nd humanity

I am judging your religion based on what is taught in the Quran and the Hadith? If you think all I know about Islam is from the television, then you don't know me. Some of us read the Quran by friend, not only that - we read the Hadith as well smiley (Surprised?).

Who attacked America on 9/11? Was it Russia? Was it North Korea? Your Muslim brothers picked a fight? They killed over 3000 innocent Americans. They are doing it in Northern Nigeria as we speak, they are doing it in Mali. I will leave it to you to state what they motivation was - Hint: Allah is involved smiley

So you think the can attack America with no REPERCUSSION? Muslims (Osama & his Muhejadeen) started the fight, they picked the war, - Afganistan, Pakistan, Yemen are the after effects of that war. So, stop complaining and crying foul as if Muslims had nothing to do with it.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz: Correct!! smiley

The christians dont know the fact that the bible contains war and slavery.... Christ Jesus who said i only came with sword to the earth not peace and kill my enemies who doesnt want me to reign over them. . . . is not calling for war against his enemies??
Christians need to use their brain

Oh shut-up, are we talking about Jesus Christ in this post or we are talking about your brothers in Boko Haram? Common Islamic tactic to avoid the obvious and blame others.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by slagadoo: 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
The same thing is happening in Nigeria now. Killing innocent citizens
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by maclatunji: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
Maybe we should invite the Governor for a meeting on Nairaland to educate people on this.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Stlatyv(m): 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
slagadoo:

what then is the meaning of JIHAD? I guess, kill the enemies of Islam.
dats layman meanin. Jihad means doin sumthing mainly 4 d cause of Allah. U ar alowed to kil in islam wen u ar bein attacked. Walai u ar neva permited to kil jst cos u ar tryn to convince d oda person to acept islam. Muslims wil tel u dat bokoboys ar nt muslims cos they know wat it takes to b a muslim nt only sayin Allahu akbar. Thanks
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
St.latyv:
dats layman meanin. Jihad means doin sumthing mainly 4 d cause of Allah. U ar alowed to kil in islam wen u ar bein attacked. Walai u ar neva permited to kil jst cos u ar tryn to convince d oda person to acept islam. Muslims wil tel u dat bokoboys ar nt muslims cos they know wat it takes to b a muslim nt only sayin Allahu akbar. Thanks

Thank you for your post and honestly. I like the fact that you said "Walai u ar neva permited to kil jst cos u ar tryn to convince d oda person to acept islam". Can you provide some evidence from the Quran to back this up?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by hayubee(m): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
@ alexi I don't say muslims don't no abt it muslims my be part of it I don't know who did it bt if it we're a muslim don't blame oda muslim, whos is blaming christians 4 wat d crusaders did so don't blame muslim 4 wat oda muslims do!
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
maclatunji: Maybe we should invite the Governor for a meeting on Nairaland to educate people on this.

That would be a head-start. Please go ahead Oga. I personally have a couple of questions for the Governor
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by slagadoo: 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
St.latyv:

Wat layman meaning? when i ve already gotten the answer online. Oga park well joor!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Major Causes Of Zina (fornication) / Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? / Can Someone From The North Explain The Conflicts With Shiites?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.