Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu (16666 Views)

A Look at Leadership from an Islamic Perspective / An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation / Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by mojibbz(m): 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
donted:

Then what is BOKO HARAM?
Boko Haram is an Islamic sect that believes politics in northern Nigeria has been seized by a group of corrupt, false Muslims. It wants to wage a war against them, and the Federal Republic of Nigeria generally, to create a “pure” Islamic state ruled by sharia law.
Since August 2011 Boko Haram has planted bombs almost weekly in public or in churches in Nigeria's northeast. The group has also broadened its targets to include setting fire to schools. In March 2012, some twelve public schools in Maiduguri were burned down during the night, and as many as 10,000 pupils were forced out of education.
Mr Governor what r u talking about?
donted:

Then what is BOKO HARAM?
Boko Haram is an Islamic sect that believes politics in northern Nigeria has been seized by a group of corrupt, false Muslims. It wants to wage a war against them, and the Federal Republic of Nigeria generally, to create a “pure” Islamic state ruled by sharia law.
Since August 2011 Boko Haram has planted bombs almost weekly in public or in churches in Nigeria's northeast. The group has also broadened its targets to include setting fire to schools. In March 2012, some twelve public schools in Maiduguri were burned down during the night, and as many as 10,000 pupils were forced out of education.
donted:

Then what is BOKO HARAM?
Why can't u just shut the Bleep up??! Can't the so-called 'Islamist' been just a concealed operation started by some selfish, power hungry politicians just to manipulate the whole country...?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by mojibbz(m): 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexis:

Let me answer your question by asking you another question - Did the prophet Mohammed ever ordered people to be killed? Did he personally engaged in battles? Remember, we have the Hadith and Quran to fall to.
holy prophet Muhammad never ordered people to be killed.. instead he showed mercy and when the pains and suffering endured from the disbelievers of Makkah was getting out of hand, he took permission from Allah(SWT) to fight in the battles of uhud and badr... you should know more about something before interfering!!!
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 7:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexis:

Chaaa! Some people want to desperately associate Jesus with VIOLENCE. Hehehehe grin

Let me give you some Bible Study tintingz. Jesus never taught violence, never endorsed it. To prove it, when Jesus was about to be arrested, Peter drew his sword and cut of the ear of one of the priest guards. Jesus REBUKED him and healed the mans ear. That is a practical example that Jesus never supported violence.

Secondly, let me give you some education on Luke 19:27. I don't know if you know what a parable is, but let me define it for you so you can use your secular knowledge to grasp the meaning - A simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels

Read Luke 19:11-27. Jesus was talking about a parable (He was giving an illustration) - This is called the Parable of the pounds. Jesus was illustrating a king that gave money to his 10 servants, some of them invested it with returns and one of them didn't. He kept it in a cloth and told the King:

Luke 19:20-21 = Then another servant came and said, 'Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. [21] I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow

The King replied:

Luke 19:22-23 = "His master replied, 'I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? [23] Why then didn't you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?'

The King continued:

Luke 19:24-27 = "Then he said to those standing by, 'Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.'

[25] " 'Sir,' they said, 'he already has ten!'

[26] "He replied, 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away. [27] But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.' "

SO BEFORE YOU CLAIM JESUS ENCOURAGED VIOLENCE, LEARN TO READ ABOVE AND BELOW THE VERSE TO GET THE THEME OF THE MESSAGE. This was an EXAMPLE OF A KING and how he reacted to a servant that was stingy. IT'S A PARABLE, AN EXAMPLE, AN ILLUSTRATION.

How do they say it in Yoruba - Do you understand - Shoti-gbo?
mo o tigbo o grin

I wonder why Jesus used that as his parable

Maybe Jesus christ was all peaceful in the bible...

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

grin grin prince of peace
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Smooyis(m): 8:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Smooyis(m): 8:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
It is a secret cult no doubt. Every islamic organisation is open for membership and visible to the public. A faceless and deadly group like BH is surely a satanic organisation. Their members though may have the illusion that they are fighting for Allah. But they got it wrong. They are number one enemies of God by their devilish acts.
But why is the Governor and other Northern elders just coming out to voice their opinions? Are they tired of the damage done to their region. They ought to have been concerned about the killing of innocent souls long ago, and speak against the evils before it got to this high level. Haba!
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz: mo o tigbo o grin

I wonder why Jesus used that as his parable

Maybe Jesus christ was all peaceful in the bible...

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

grin grin prince of peace

So it seems I have answered your 1st question. I wouldn't play the blame the other party game with you. VIOLENCE in Islam is spiritual and it's real.

Accuse Jesus of violence all you want - It's no surprise; Muslims are trained to habitually disregard factual world history when it conflicts with the Quran. Take the fact of Christ's crucifixion. Even the Jews agree he was crucified, but the Quran says it was a case of mistaken identity. So Muslims reject the universal record of history and the Bible, but believe the Quran is true - THAT IS THE SAME LOGIC YOU ARE APPLYING HERE lipsrsealed

For you to tell us why your Muslim brothers are killing Christians without any provocation - you are here trying to CONNECT Jesus with violence. Try harder mate - much harder because it's not working

For your education and your record:

Jesus cleansed the temple of the money-changers and sellers of merchandise because of His disgust at what they had made of God’s house of prayer and His zeal to purify it from the abuse of ungodly men. Judea was under the rule of the Romans, and the money in current use was Roman coin. However, the Jewish law required that every man should pay a tribute to the service of the sanctuary of “half a shekel” (Exodus 30:11-16), a Jewish coin. It became, therefore, a matter of convenience to have a place where the Roman coin could be exchanged for the Jewish half shekel. The money-changers provided this convenience, but would demand a small sum for the exchange. Because so many thousands came up to the great feasts, changing money was a very profitable business and one that resulted in fraud and oppression of the poor.

Similarly, according to the Law, two doves or pigeons were required to be offered in sacrifice (Leviticus 14:22; Luke 2:24). Yet it was difficult to bring them from the distant parts of Judea, so a lucrative business selling the birds sprang up, with the sellers gouging the faithful by charging exorbitant prices. There were other merchants selling cattle and sheep for the temple sacrifices as well. Because of these sellers who preyed on the poor, and because of His passion for the purity of His Father’s house, Jesus was filled with righteous indignation. As He overturned the tables of the money-changers, He condemned them for having turned God’s house of prayer into “a den of thieves” (Matthew 21:13). As He did so, His disciples remembered Psalm 69:9, “zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me.” Jesus was deeply wounded by the reproaches on God by those who would bring shame upon the temple.

SO IN YOUR MIND THIS IS VIOLENCE ABI? Ignorance is not good oooooooh! shocked

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
^ The prince of peace will got angry and scatter the money changer trades? grin grin

The jews never believed in Jesus(as) nor died for them...they dont even know if he was the one that was cruxified
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by peteregwu(m): 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz:

donted must you insult before asking question? Nut-brainy read your bible well...

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither,and slay them before me."

Christ Jesus said it in the bible
Hardfact: *To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam*.

Very correct sir. Yes, Boko haram is never an Islamic Group!
Boko haram is a Jesus Christian Organisation!!
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by peteregwu(m): 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
]

my friend u dont understand what you quoted at in luke 16. Jesus was talking about His judgment coming at the last day, when He will judge the unjust. so, pls dont just quote what dont understand. dont jst deceive yourself by wrongly interpreting the bible. Jesus never told us to kill or hurt our enemies that are human, but pray for them, that they might be saved.
but unfortunately, Mohammed shedded blood and marry many wives. so, dont try to compare your boko haram religion to Jesus. THE MUSLIMS ARE REAPING THE FRUITS OF THE LABOUR OF MOHAMMED THEIR FATHER. LOOK AT THE MIDDLE EAST, ALL THE ARABIC STATES ARE ON FIRE TODAY. NO PEACE OR REST, BLOOD IS EVERYWHERE FLOWING LIKE RESTIVE OCEAN. THIS IS JUST PATHETIC. AT TIMES WHEN WATCHING ALJAZEERA, I FEEL FOR THOSE WOMEN AND CHILDREN DEING IN COLD BLOOD. UPON THIS, THEY WILL SAY, ISLAM IS THE RELIGION OG PEACE. NOW, WHERE IS THE PEACE? THE BIBLE SAYS, "BY THEIR FRUITS, YOU SHALL KNOW THEM." NOW TELL ME, WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT ISLAM? NOW THEY ARE SAYING BOKO ARE NOT MUSLIMS. BOKO IS DOING WHAT THE QURAN TOLD THEM TO DO. WHO IS TO BLAME? BLAME MOHAMMED AND QUARAN. IF THE BIBLE HAD TOLD ME TO CARRY PHYSICAL WEAPON TO FIGHT, THEN ALL CHRISTIANS INCLUDING ME WOULD TRAVELED TO NORTH FRO REVENGE AND WAR. BUT THAT IS UNBIBLICAL AND UNGODLY. JESUS NEVER THOUGHT US THAT
PLEASE READ BELOW WHAT JESUS THOUGHT US.
Matthew 5:44-48 KJV. "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. [46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? [47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others ? do not even the publicans so? [48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Jesus healed and saved many in His time from bondage. evem now He is still healing and saving people from bondages when Jesus was dieing on the cross, He prayed for those that nailed Him on the cross.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz: ^ The prince of peace will got angry and scatter the money changer trades? grin grin

The jews never believed in Jesus(as) nor died for them...they dont even know if he was the one that was cruxified

Typical Islamic tactic again, focus on your Jihadist in Northern Nigeria. If you read where Jesus told his disciples and followers to cut off people feet and toes, then you can open your mouth and talk about violence in Christianity. You are living in denial. It's the same way you claimed Mary was 12 but has never proved it smiley

I never told you the Jews believed Jesus died for them, I said they admit/believe he was crucified - BIG DIFFERENCE. Learn to read Oga.

Tell us why Boko Haram is bombing churches, killing Christians. Why Ansaru killing foreigners in the name of your God.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Mintayo(m): 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz: ^ The prince of peace will got angry and scatter the money changer trades? grin grin

it seems you don't get his(alexis) point,u are so bent on attributing violence to Jesus but no matter how you try,you won't find! Just like so many of your kind,you ppl l manipulate n do so many things-these violence stuffs are explicitly written in your book!
Well,let me quote you here,'the prince of peace will get angry and scatter the money changer!' huh,imagine it was mohammed,what would he hav done? Let me tell you,he will kill all of them.(kill the infidels)
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by deSika(m): 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
u tell a moslem his religionn advocates violence he tells u prove it
u show it to him in the quran he says its defensive
u tell him to show u how its defensive he turns table at u and say Jesus is violent too....

wetin concern boko haram violence with Jesus being violent.[their think:if Jesus had somthing to do with violence then violence in islam is justified]

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
deSika: u tell a moslem his religionn advocates violence he tells u prove it
u tell him to show u how its defensive he turns table at u and say Jesus is violent too....

wetin concern boko haram violence with Jesus being violent.[their think:if Jesus had somthing to do with violence then violence in islam is justified]

Many Muslims are trained to habitually disregard factual world history when it conflicts with the Quran. The last time, he tried to defend his prophet marrying a 6 year old child and consummating his marriage with the girl at 9 by saying Mary was 9 years old or 12 years old as well. I ASKED HIM TO PROVE IT - AS WE SPEAK - HE HASN'T. His response was, the Catholics said so.

I don't take him serious because he lacks credibility.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by BetaThings: 11:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

Hell no!! if it were a Jesus Christian Organisation they would have jumped at Amnesty without giving it a second thought..

Actually some members of MEND (now we know MEND are Christians) did not want amnesty
It is on record that Tompolo wept at Aso Rock when he discovered he had to abandon his armed struggle after his comrades had accepted
And we know they had to be reminded repeatedly of the imminent expiration of the amnesty window before they accepted
These things happened just a few years ago
let us respect facts!
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by BetaThings: 11:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
deSika: u tell a moslem his religionn advocates violence he tells u prove it

Muslims will fight if attacked and stop when the attack stops
That is what is meant by limit
Perhaps you will show me any Christian society/country or even any society at all that has never fought back
That is why Pastor Oritsejafor (of CAN) is clamouring for the right to freely bear arms
We would not apologise for the permission to defend ourselves

deSika:

Your own interpretation.
Those who live in glass houses.......
They say why are you always talking about Islam when you Christians are equally violent
We know that Christians have fought more wars than Muslims
They have ravaged more people in order to colonise and harvest their wealth than any other group on earth
For a start, remember the doctrine of discovery in the Americas
....should not throw stones
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by BetaThings: 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexis: Are all muslims then to follow the life example of the prophet literally? The Quran teaches we should marry 4 wives but the prophet received a "special" revelation for himself only to make him exempt and married over 20? Since he is the perfect example, should every muslim do the same?

Why do we have to emulate him (SAW) precisely?
I can have an MD as a mentor but it does not mean I have an official car and driver
An exemption is an exemption

Why do you guys not get your fact rights or conceal some burden he (SAW) bore
He (SAW) did not marry 20 wives
He (SAW) married only widows, apart from Aisha. You don't mention this fact
He (SAW)had to pray at night compulsorily. I am exempted from that you guys don't mention it

I will emulate his (SAW) manner of prayer, fasting, giving voluntary and mandatory alms, hajj procedures, seeking forgiveness, paying the workman promptly before hie sweat dries, not looking down on the poor, thanking Allah etc

He married a 6 year old child and consummated the marriage with her at age 9. Should all muslim men do the same?[/quote]
Some muslims argue was actually older than 9, but I am not even going into that
100 years ago in America a man could lawfully marry a 13 yr old girl. Today none of those who did are being called pae.do.phi.le
How come Mohammed (PBUH) deadly enemies never accused him of being a pa.edop.hile if he was one?
Do you know the tradition of that society
At what age did Joseph marry Mary?

alexis:
Read my earlier post on this - You and any nation have the right to defend itself if you are attacked (irrespective of religious leaning). I have the right to defend myself if someone breaks into my home. When you go to bed at night - you lock your doors and windows - that is common defensive sense. You have the right to call in the Police when a crime is been committed and the right to defend yourself if your life is been threaten. So, the basis of defense is when you are attacked - not offensively attacking another. There is a clear difference.

Prove to me that the Bible permits a Christian to fight back!
And if you are so permitted, what are the rules of engagement?
And why have Christian countries mostly attacked firsts

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexis:

Typical Islamic tactic again, focus on your Jihadist in Northern Nigeria. If you read where Jesus told his disciples and followers to cut off people feet and toes, then you can open your mouth and talk about violence in Christianity. You are living in denial. It's the same way you claimed Mary was 12 but has never proved it smiley

I never told you the Jews believed Jesus died for them, I said they admit/believe he was crucified - BIG DIFFERENCE. Learn to read Oga.

Tell us why Boko Haram is bombing churches, killing Christians. Why Ansaru killing foreigners in the name of your God.
i will ask you again was Jesus all peaceful in the bible??

I can quote out the hatred Jesus had for the jews...all the curses and condemnation and dont forget the OT bible is full of Jehova's war victory grin

Oh yes the jews are still doubting if Jesus(as) was the one cruxified cuz it look silly to them to kill an innocent man... As the Quran said it was made shown to them as if he(Jesus) was killed but Jesus son of Mary(as) was not killed!!

The christian crusaders are out there you didnt condemn them... Lol MEND the new crusaders are planning to attack mosques, Killing imams...

Bros watchu saying again...?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by ChuckD1(m): 12:00am On Apr 18, 2013
These people are just preparing the ground for amnesty for their foot soldiers. Yesterday it was Yuguda now Aliyu.Who will it be next? We are watching.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 12:04am On Apr 18, 2013
Mintayo:

it seems you don't get his(alexis) point,u are so bent on attributing violence to Jesus but no matter how you try,you won't find! Just like so many of your kind,you ppl l manipulate n do so many things-these violence stuffs are explicitly written in your book!
Well,let me quote you here,'the prince of peace will get angry and scatter the money changer!' huh,imagine it was mohammed,what would he hav done? Let me tell you,he will kill all of them.(kill the infidels)

@Mintayo and peteregwu i was expecting the prince of PEACE to turn the other cheek as the bible said... grin
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 18, 2013

This is a lie from the pit of hell
Have you forgotten that Mohammed snatched other people's wives and that Allah permitted him to sleep with any women he desired?
He also slept with women after killing their husbands ,so you kill a man and call his wife a widow then do her a favor by marrying her to take her out of the widowhood you created?
Please stop the lies
Not all your readers are naive
Do you need proof?

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by sino(m): 12:17am On Apr 18, 2013
alexis:

Chaaa! Some people want to desperately associate Jesus with VIOLENCE. Hehehehe grin

Let me give you some Bible Study tintingz. Jesus never taught violence, never endorsed it. To prove it, when Jesus was about to be arrested, Peter drew his sword and cut of the ear of one of the priest guards. Jesus REBUKED him and healed the mans ear. That is a practical example that Jesus never supported violence.

Secondly, let me give you some education on Luke 19:27. I don't know if you know what a parable is, but let me define it for you so you can use your secular knowledge to grasp the meaning - A simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels

Read Luke 19:11-27. Jesus was talking about a parable (He was giving an illustration) - This is called the Parable of the pounds. Jesus was illustrating a king that gave money to his 10 servants, some of them invested it with returns and one of them didn't. He kept it in a cloth and told the King:

Luke 19:20-21 = Then another servant came and said, 'Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. [21] I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow

The King replied:

Luke 19:22-23 = "His master replied, 'I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? [23] Why then didn't you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?'

The King continued:

Luke 19:24-27 = "Then he said to those standing by, 'Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.'

[25] " 'Sir,' they said, 'he already has ten!'

[26] "He replied, 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away. [27] But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.' "

SO BEFORE YOU CLAIM JESUS ENCOURAGED VIOLENCE, LEARN TO READ ABOVE AND BELOW THE VERSE TO GET THE THEME OF THE MESSAGE. This was an EXAMPLE OF A KING and how he reacted to a servant that was stingy. IT'S A PARABLE, AN EXAMPLE, AN ILLUSTRATION.

How do they say it in Yoruba - Do you understand - Shoti-gbo?

Ha! very good, how beautiful you explained the Jesus Violent verses in the bible(mind you, there are more violent verses in the bible and yes, yes, i know its the old testament lol), it wasnt so hard was it? And you didnt feel anyway disturbed that i might not totally accept what you are saying shey? but you really want me to, cos you believe its the truth abi?

The verses were written in simple english na, how come you need to quote from other parts of the scripture to explain? How come you need to tell me a story about a king and his servant? Why in the world did you need to tell me that it was a parable?! Why can't i just take the statement as it is?

Now next time you want to post verses from the Qur'an that supports violence, you should think about your own posts about jesus preaching violence in the bible and this my post too wink

Before you misconstrue my submission, let me simply inform you that, those verses are commands to fight no doubt, but there is a context, there is a history, and there is a shariah(rulings) as regards to interpretation of those verses, and it would do you a lot of good if you go study a little about Islam from Muslims perhaps you start from the link posted by tintingz.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by deSika(m): 12:20am On Apr 18, 2013
BetaThings:

Muslims will fight if attacked and stop when the attack stops
That is what is meant by limit
Perhaps you will show me any Christian society/country or even any society at all that has never fought back
That is why Pastor Oritsejafor (of CAN) is clamouring for the right to freely bear arms
We would not apologise for the permission to defend ourselves

Your own interpretation.
Those who live in glass houses.......
They say why are you always talking about Islam when you Christians are equally violent
We know that Christians have fought more wars than Muslims
They have ravaged more people in order to colonise and harvest their wealth than any other group on earth
For a start, remember the doctrine of discovery in the Americas
....should not throw stones

if u are looking for violence in christianity, then u have to give that credit to the roman catholic church of historical times not in our present day. but if u are looking for violence in islam, u have to give credit to the quran, Mohammed, his successors, moslem fighters of history and present day boko harams, alqaeda, taliban etc
and did yu say something about limit, pls tell me limits that boko guys employ when bombing a church
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by deSika(m): 12:35am On Apr 18, 2013
i hear some people say boko haram is political bla bla bla.
then i ask those guys is there a seperation of state and religion in islam. moslems believe that their judicial system shud be an islamic one. now do the maths. sharia=judiciary=government=politics.
so if u know that islam has both a political and religious side to it, then u will know that boko haram has both a political annd religious side to it. so my friends stops hammering only on the political aspect of boko haram.

secondly, if boko is purely political then we must conclude that the churches which they bomb are their political enemies. or how can someone explain boko haram is pdp and yet boko haram is killing christians.
wetin concern christians and political enemies ni.

the last time i checked no mosque has been bombed. abi no political enemies in mosque abi.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by deSika(m): 12:42am On Apr 18, 2013
and again, i find it an act of desperation that today a nnorthern governor will come out to say the real boko haram will accept amnesty and tomorrow anoder northern governor will say boko haram is not an islamic association. something is fishy about these governors self
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Vidamia(m): 2:10am On Apr 18, 2013
Religion bigot.........religion fanatic.........i hope all these muslim haters ain't live with muslim.........
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 2:42am On Apr 18, 2013
Why do we have to emulate him (SAW) precisely?
I can have an MD as a mentor but it does not mean I have an official car and driver
An exemption is an exemption

Why do you guys not get your fact rights or conceal some burden he (SAW) bore
He (SAW) did not marry 20 wives
He (SAW)had to pray at night compulsorily. I am exempted from that you guys don't mention it

I will emulate his (SAW) manner of prayer, fasting, giving voluntary and mandatory alms, hajj procedures, seeking forgiveness, paying the workman promptly before hie sweat dries, not looking down on the poor, thanking Allah etc

So the rules don't apply to the MD? If the company pass a policy and say S.EX.UA.L HARASSMENT is against company policy. By your explanation, your MD is exempted but the rules apply to everyone else abi. He can se.xu.all.y harass all women in the company and it will be alright but if others do it - it's a crime right. You will only find such 6th century cave-man thinking in Islam. Where is your common sense mate? I mean - really grin

He married a 6 year old child and consummated the marriage with her at age 9. Should all muslim men do the same?
Some muslims argue was actually older than 9, but I am not even going into that
100 years ago in America a man could lawfully marry a 13 yr old girl. Today none of those who did are being called pae.do.phi.le
How come Mohammed (PBUH) deadly enemies never accused him of being a pa.edop.hile if he was one?
Do you know the tradition of that society
At what age did Joseph marry Mary?

Since you know the age Mary got married, please tell us. It has jumped from your MD marrying a kid to Joseph marrying Mary now abi? Comparing apples to oranges. Please tell us Mary age - we are waiting.

Do you read your Quran/Hadith at all. Aisha father objected to the marriage. The little girl carried her toys with her when your "Holy" prophet married her. In what society does someone marry a child against the father wish?

The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Read my earlier post on this - You and any nation have the right to defend itself if you are attacked (irrespective of religious leaning). I have the right to defend myself if someone breaks into my home. When you go to bed at night - you lock your doors and windows - that is common defensive sense. You have the right to call in the Police when a crime is been committed and the right to defend yourself if your life is been threaten. So, the basis of defense is when you are attacked - not offensively attacking another. There is a clear difference.

Prove to me that the Bible permits a Christian to fight back!
And if you are so permitted, what are the rules of engagement?
And why have Christian countries mostly attacked firsts

Which Christian nation attacked your Muslim countries? When Sadaam invaded Kuwait - it was a Christian nation that sent him abi? When Osama and your Muslim brothers blew up the world trade center - it was Jesus that told them abi? Keep putting your brain in a dust-bin when you talk history.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 3:01am On Apr 18, 2013
tintingz: i will ask you again was Jesus all peaceful in the bible??

I can quote out the hatred Jesus had for the jews...all the curses and condemnation and dont forget the OT bible is full of Jehova's war victory grin

Oh yes the jews are still doubting if Jesus(as) was the one cruxified cuz it look silly to them to kill an innocent man... As the Quran said it was made shown to them as if he(Jesus) was killed but Jesus son of Mary(as) was not killed!!

The christian crusaders are out there you didnt condemn them... Lol MEND the new crusaders are planning to attack mosques, Killing imams...

Bros watchu saying again...?

So, where in the Bible did Jesus order his followers to cut off the feet and those of His enemies. Stop the Crusader nonsense - it's old story. Tell us where Jesus raided Caravans, tell us how many battles He was engaged in. Until then, focus on the topic and stop going all over the place. While you are at it - tell us from the BIBLE where Mary was 9 as you CLAIMED

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 3:09am On Apr 18, 2013
sino:

Ha! very good, how beautiful you explained the Jesus Violent verses in the bible(mind you, there are more violent verses in the bible and yes, yes, i know its the old testament lol), it wasnt so hard was it? And you didnt feel anyway disturbed that i might not totally accept what you are saying shey? but you really want me to, cos you believe its the truth abi?

The verses were written in simple english na, how come you need to quote from other parts of the scripture to explain? How come you need to tell me a story about a king and his servant? Why in the world did you need to tell me that it was a parable?! Why can't i just take the statement as it is?

Now next time you want to post verses from the Qur'an that supports violence, you should think about your own posts about jesus preaching violence in the bible and this my post too wink

Before you misconstrue my submission, let me simply inform you that, those verses are commands to fight no doubt, but there is a context, there is a history, and there is a shariah(rulings) as regards to interpretation of those verses, and it would do you a lot of good if you go study a little about Islam from Muslims perhaps you start from the link posted by tintingz.

Thank you.

And the context is from the Hadith - do you want us to explore the Hadith to get the entire/true meaning of those verses?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 5:26am On Apr 18, 2013
Vidamia: Religion bigot.........religion fanatic.........i hope all these muslim haters ain't live with muslim.........

Nobody has issues living with muslims - it's muslims that have issues living with others. Case in point. Boko Haram and Ansaru in Northern Nigeria. Tell them to live in peace with others. Abi, isn't Islam a religion of "PEACE" after-all?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 5:38am On Apr 18, 2013
alexis:

So, where in the Bible did Jesus order his followers to cut off the feet and those of His enemies. Stop the Crusader nonsense - it's old story. Tell us where Jesus raided Caravans, tell us how many battles He was engaged in. Until then, focus on the topic and stop going all over the place. While you are at it - tell us from the BIBLE where Mary was 9 as you CLAIMED
Jesus hate the jews, he cursed the jews, he condemn the jews, he want the jews killed but he had little followers(as he wish the jews to be killed)..... Dont forget Jesus said the disturbing believers should cut off their hands and pluk out their eyes

Oh i thought Jesus was Jehovah in old testament or was he not?? grin
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 5:42am On Apr 18, 2013
tintingz: Jesus hate the jews, he cursed the jews, he condemn the jews, he want the jews killed but he had little followers(as he wish the jews to be killed)..... Dont forget Jesus said the disturbing believers should cut of their hands and pluk out their eyes

Oh i thought Jesus was Jehovah in old testament or was he not?? grin

Did you read my last response or is your brain in denial mode again? Were did he want the jews killed - Can you provide some evidence before you make yourself look dumb again shocked

Disturbing believer should cut off their hands and pluck out their eyes - THIS "JESUS" YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR MOHAMMED OH grin
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by joseph1832(m): 6:33am On Apr 18, 2013
Obiagelli: You shout about that northern elders should denounce Boko Harem , yet when they do at the risk of their lives, you guys would still insult them.
Why did they not denounce Boko Haram when they first started their orgy of violence against christians and southerners?.

They all kept quiet as it as that Boko Haram wasn't killing them, their kinsmen of their muslim brothers. But as we all know, Boko Haram can no longer distinguish who's christian from Muslim, who's from the south or who's from the north! Theyk?e become an uncontrolable P.I.G!

"It is too late to cry when the head is off"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Major Causes Of Zina (fornication) / Do Sins Of Parents Have Any Effect On Their Children? / Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.