Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,673 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu (16668 Views)

A Look at Leadership from an Islamic Perspective / An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation / Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
hayubee: @ alexi I don't say muslims don't no abt it muslims my be part of it I don't know who did it bt if it we're a muslim don't blame oda muslim, whos is blaming christians 4 wat d crusaders did so don't blame muslim 4 wat oda muslims do!

I think you are been honest, I really do. And you are right - I shouldn't blame one person for the action of another. And I don't. My issue is this - The Quran allows justification based on numerous verses in the Quran. So, while some muslims can read those verses and understand it to mean defense, others can read it to mean attack/offense without provocation. The Quran didn't make it clear - it should have. That is the basis of the justification

The crusades is another topic hayubee . It happened hundreds of years ago. You can't use that as a basis to justify violence in Christianity. Jesus Christ never taught violence, never killed, never taught we should fight or attack anyone.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by BetaThings: 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
Obiagelli: You shout about that northern elders should denounce Boko Harem , yet when they do at the risk of their lives, you guys would still insult them.

True observation
Christians and atheists want a permanent stick with which to beat Muslims
Verily, verily I say unto you a lot of people don't want the crisis to end
How will they be able to abuse Muslims?
How will they be able to stop telling people that Northern Muslims (or is it Northerners, they switch them so often I get confused) don't want Jonathan?
How will some people actualise their whispers that there should be no election in the North in 2015?

The issue is not about Boko Haram; it is now about cold political calculation
Some master pupeteer is at work; we only see the singers, there is a conductor somewhere!
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by hayubee(m): 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
State d versed@ alexi I'm really curious
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by BetaThings: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexis:

I think you are been honest, I really do. And you are right - I shouldn't blame one person for the action of another. And I don't. My issue is this - The Quran allows justification based on numerous verses in the Quran. So, while some muslims can read those verses and understand it to mean defense, others can read it to mean [b]attack/offense without provocation.[/b]

No Muslim has the right to read the Qur'an and make any meaning he likes out of it!
Muslims are required to enter Islam completely; He is not allowed to hold an opinion that contravenes that of the Prophet (SAW)
The Prophet (SAW) was sent to convey the Qur'an and teach it
The prophet (SAW) is the perfect example. He (SAW) spoke out of revelation, and not out of personal desire
So following him (SAW) is true Islam

alexis:
The crusades is another topic hayubee . It happened hundreds of years ago. You can't use that as a basis to justify violence in Christianity. Jesus Christ never taught violence, never killed, never taught we should fight or attack anyone.
That is actually a problem. So if there is no permission to fight, there will be no guidance on how to fight. So when people get angry and decide to fight, they do so without limits!
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
hayubee: State d versed@ alexi I'm really curious

I have already mentioned 2 of them. Here are more:

Surah 2:216 - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Surah 4:74 - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Surah 5:54 - "O ye who believe. Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust."

Surah 8:12-17 - "Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you. Give firmness to the believers. I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. Smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips off them. This because they contend against God and his apostle. If any contend against God and his apostle, God is strict in punishment ... O ye who believe. When ye meet the unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them. If any do turn his back to them on such a day, unless it be a stratagem of war ... he draws on himself the wrath of God and his abode is Hell, an evil refuge (indeed)."

Surah 9:29 - "Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and his apostle nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth (even if they are) of the people of the Book, until they pay the Jizya [religious tax] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

There are just too many verses that JUSTIFIES violence. Again, the author of the Quran should have made it clear if these were defensive or offensive situations. If he was talking about the past or the present. He DIDN'T
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
BetaThings:

No Muslim has the right to read the Qur'an and make any meaning he likes out of it!
Muslims are required to enter Islam completely; He is not allowed to hold an opinion that contravenes that of the Prophet (SAW)
The Prophet (SAW) was sent to convey the Qur'an and teach it
The prophet (SAW) is the perfect example. He (SAW) spoke out of revelation, and not out of personal desire
So following him (SAW) is true Islam

That is actually a problem. So if there is no permission to fight, there will be no guidance on how to fight. So when people get angry and decide to fight, they do so without limits!

Are all muslims then to follow the life example of the prophet literally? The Quran teaches we should marry 4 wives but the prophet received a "special" revelation for himself only to make him exempt and married over 20? Since he is the perfect example, should every muslim do the same?

He married a 6 year old child and consummated the marriage with her at age 9. Should all muslim men do the same?

Read my earlier post on this - You and any nation have the right to defend itself if you are attacked (irrespective of religious leaning). I have the right to defend myself if someone breaks into my home. When you go to bed at night - you lock your doors and windows - that is common defensive sense. You have the right to call in the Police when a crime is been committed and the right to defend yourself if your life is been threaten. So, the basis of defense is when you are attacked - not offensively attacking another. There is a clear difference.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by COOLDUN: 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexis:

Surah 2:216 - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Surah 4:74 - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Surah 5:54 - "O ye who believe. Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust."

Surah 8:12-17 - "Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you. Give firmness to the believers. I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. Smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips off them. This because they contend against God and his apostle. If any contend against God and his apostle, God is strict in punishment ... O ye who believe. When ye meet the unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them. If any do turn his back to them on such a day, unless it be a stratagem of war ... he draws on himself the wrath of God and his abode is Hell, an evil refuge (indeed)."

Surah 9:29 - "Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and his apostle nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth (even if they are) of the people of the Book, until they pay the Jizya [religious tax] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

There are just too many verses that JUSTIFIES violence. Again, the author of the Quran should have made it clear if these were defensive or offensive situations. If he was talking about the past or the present. He DIDN'T

Good one, we need more of these their peaceful quotations, after the muslims will tell us that their cult is a religion of peace, and they call this man prophet, no wonder they add this (SAW) to him, meaning Silly, Awkward,Wicked.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Lilimax(f): 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz: Correct!! smiley

The christians dont know the fact that the bible contains war and slavery.... Christ Jesus who said i only came with sword to the earth not peace and kill my enemies who doesnt want me to reign over them. . . . is not calling for war against his enemies??
Christians need to use their brain
THis is not written in my Bible.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by donted(m): 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
maclatunji: Boko Haram is not an Islamic organisation – Governor Aliyu

Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, Tuesday condemned the activities of Boko Haram sect, saying the sect “does not represent Islam.”

Aliyu said this yesterday at the 2013 Annual Conference and Awards Ceremony organised by Leadership Newspapers in Abuja.

According to him, “Boko Haram is not a Muslim organisation. If a Muslim commits suicide, he goes straight to hell. If a Muslim kills another man without justifiable reason, the sin of that person is transferred to him. There is no compulsion to the religion of Islam”, he explained.

While appealing to Nigerians to tolerate their differences and live amicably, the governor called for devolution of power to Local Governments to bring governance closer to the people.

He bemoaned a situation where people sit down in Abuja “and plan for people they don’t know”.

Aliyu also urged politicians to promote internal democracy so that people would have the right to choose their leaders.

“Some people are a misnomer to the positions they occupy. People must be given chance to elect people they think can do better for them,” he said.

Aliyu, who is the chairman of the Northern Governors’ Forum, advised ruling parties at the federal and state levels to tolerate the opposition.

He said, “If you have credible opposition, it will keep you on your toes. You will know you can’t take things for granted. You will know you need to consult with the people so that you can do the right things otherwise the opposition will come and take over. Those who do not appreciate the opposition have no business being in politics.” He added.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/04/17/boko-haram-is-not-an-islamic-organisation-governor-aliyu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=boko-haram-is-not-an-islamic-organisation-governor-aliyu

Then what is BOKO HARAM?
Boko Haram is an Islamic sect that believes politics in northern Nigeria has been seized by a group of corrupt, false Muslims. It wants to wage a war against them, and the Federal Republic of Nigeria generally, to create a “pure” Islamic state ruled by sharia law.
Since August 2011 Boko Haram has planted bombs almost weekly in public or in churches in Nigeria's northeast. The group has also broadened its targets to include setting fire to schools. In March 2012, some twelve public schools in Maiduguri were burned down during the night, and as many as 10,000 pupils were forced out of education.
Mr Governor what r u talking about?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by donted(m): 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexis:

People that said islam is a religion of peace should prove this write ups wrong ISLAMABAD
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
Deattorney:
Did Allah say we should kill one another?? Go n find out more about Islam

From what we are seeing with our very own eyes is what we judge from. Even comments from some imams can make you think that Boko Haram is an islamic Organization. Check past comments from una sheik guma or so
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by donted(m): 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz: Correct!! smiley

The christians dont know the fact that the bible contains war and slavery.... Christ Jesus who said i only came with sword to the earth not peace and kill my enemies who doesnt want me to reign over them. . . . is not calling for war against his enemies??
Christians need to use their brain

Guy u r a perfect example of a first class student in a down syndrome class. U dnt knw any tin. Can u provide where is written in the bible, verse and chapter? Biggest millennium F**L
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by AroOkigbo(m): 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
Deattorney:
Did Allah say we should kill one another?? Go n find out more about Islam

allah says you should kill with "JUSTIFIABLE REASON"...are BH not doing exactly that?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Hardfact: 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
*To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam*.

Very correct sir. Yes, Boko haram is never an Islamic Group!
Boko haram is a Jesus Christian Organisation!!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by tintingz(m): 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
Lilimax: THis is not written in my Bible.

donted: Guy u r a perfect example of
a first class student in a down
syndrome class. U dnt knw
any tin. Can u provide where
is written in the bible, verse
and chapter? Biggest
millennium F**L
donted must you insult before asking question? Nut-brainy read your bible well...

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither,and slay them before me."

Christ Jesus said it in the bible
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
Hardfact: *To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam*.

Very correct sir. Yes, Boko haram is never an Islamic Group!
Boko haram is a Jesus Christian Organisation!!

Hell no!! if it were a Jesus Christian Organisation they would have jumped at Amnesty without giving it a second thought..
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by mojibbz(m): 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2013
AK 48: angry

Immediately before he bombed the church he shouted "Allahu akbar" raising both hands facing the east,obviously the "Allahu akbar" was a morale booster.

Pls aliyu wat is Allahu akbar?
as long as hypocrite existed surely there wont be a need to doubt their re-existence (in this case) in terms of the so called islamist "Boko Haram"... therefore u can't just start concluding that as long as they shout 'Allahu Akbar', means they are propagating Islam... YOU SHOULD GET IT RIGHT!! undecided
AK 48: angry

Immediately before he bombed the church he shouted "Allahu akbar" raising both hands facing the east,obviously the "Allahu akbar" was a morale booster.

Pls aliyu wat is Allahu akbar?
as long as hypocrite existed surely there wont be a need to doubt their re-existence (in this case) in terms of the so called islamist "Boko Haram"... therefore u can't just start concluding that as long as they shout 'Allahu Akbar', means they are propagating Islam... YOU SHOULD GET IT RIGHT!!
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by mojibbz(m): 6:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
alexis:

I think you are been honest, I really do. And you are right - I shouldn't blame one person for the action of another. And I don't. My issue is this - The Quran allows justification based on numerous verses in the Quran. So, while some muslims can read those verses and understand it to mean defense, others can read it to mean attack/offense without provocation. The Quran didn't make it clear - it should have. That is the basis of the justification

let me ask you something... did the holy prophet Mohammed ever teach, or propagate violence
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Smooyis(m): 7:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
It is a secret cult no doubt. Every islamic organisation is open for membership and visible to the public. A faceless and deadly group like BH is surely a satanic organisation. Their members though may have the illusion that they are fighting for Allah. But they got it wrong. They are number one enemies of God by their devilish acts.
But why is the Governor and other Northern elders just coming out to voice their opinions? Are they tired of the damage done to their region. They ought to have been concerned about the killing of innocent souls long ago, and speak against the evils before it got to this high level.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
mojibbz: let me ask you something... did the holy prophet Mohammed ever teach, or propagate violence

Let me answer your question by asking you another question - Did the prophet Mohammed ever ordered people to be killed? Did he personally engaged in battles? Remember, we have the Hadith and Quran to fall to.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by LivingSaint(m): 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
In other words no comment. Delete the thread if you won't let anyone express his mind. Everyone is allowed to speak against Christianity, but not so when it comes to Islam. No problem. God dey.
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 7:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
tintingz:
donted must you insult before asking question? Nut-brainy read your bible well...
Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither,and slay them before me."

Christ Jesus said it in the bible

Chaaa! Some people want to desperately associate Jesus with VIOLENCE. Hehehehe grin

Let me give you some Bible Study tintingz. Jesus never taught violence, never endorsed it. To prove it, when Jesus was about to be arrested, Peter drew his sword and cut of the ear of one of the priest guards. Jesus REBUKED him and healed the mans ear. That is a practical example that Jesus never supported violence.

Secondly, let me give you some education on Luke 19:27. I don't know if you know what a parable is, but let me define it for you so you can use your secular knowledge to grasp the meaning - A simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels

Read Luke 19:11-27. Jesus was talking about a parable (He was giving an illustration) - This is called the Parable of the pounds. Jesus was illustrating a king that gave money to his 10 servants, some of them invested it with returns and one of them didn't. He kept it in a cloth and told the King:

Luke 19:20-21 = Then another servant came and said, 'Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. [21] I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow

The King replied:

Luke 19:22-23 = "His master replied, 'I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? [23] Why then didn't you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?'

The King continued:

Luke 19:24-27 = "Then he said to those standing by, 'Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.'

[25] " 'Sir,' they said, 'he already has ten!'

[26] "He replied, 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away. [27] But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.' "

SO BEFORE YOU CLAIM JESUS ENCOURAGED VIOLENCE, LEARN TO READ ABOVE AND BELOW THE VERSE TO GET THE THEME OF THE MESSAGE. This was an EXAMPLE OF A KING and how he reacted to a servant that was stingy. IT'S A PARABLE, AN EXAMPLE, AN ILLUSTRATION.

How do they say it in Yoruba - Do you understand - Shoti-gbo?

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by mojibbz(m): 7:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
[quote author=alexis]

[/quoteSurah Muhammad, Verse 21:
Obedience and a gentle word (was proper); but when the affair becomes settled, then if they remain true to Allah it would certainly be better for them.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by alexis(m): 7:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
mojibbz: Surah Muhammad, Verse 21:
Obedience and a gentle word (was proper); but when the affair becomes settled, then if they remain true to Allah it would certainly be better for them.

And your point?
Re: Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu by Hardfact: 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

Hell no!! if it were a Jesus Christian Organisation they would have jumped at Amnesty without giving it a second thought..
My bro, the thing tire me o. Maybe let's say Boko is a Hindu or Budha group, but not Islamic. Abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Major Causes Of Zina (fornication) / Do Sins Of Parents Have Any Effect On Their Children? / Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.