Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,364 members, 7,836,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Story: Taking Chances - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: Taking Chances (392754 Views)

10 Bestseller E-novels For The Taking / "Taking My Chances" Episode One / Taking Over(a Play) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: Taking Chances by Kzea: 4:46am On May 29, 2013
Mrs writter
we ar stil waitin 4 d concludin part of d story na
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Chebaby2: 7:23am On May 29, 2013
Na wa o person go die if u no conclude d story oooooooooooooooo
Re: Story: Taking Chances by frank317: 7:37am On May 29, 2013
repogirl: Dunno why no one else has said this but the last update confused the hell out of me.
I don't think you were really comfortable writing the scene cos the description was quite strange.
How does grabbing her and telling her he owns her and then looking her up and down make her feel he was falling for her.
For me, I would be angry about the owning part and the looking up and down like that, should have made her feel cheap and degraded or sumthing, don't know how best to explain how I see it. Looking at her like that meant more like he was lusting after her than falling for her.

And then, Who was defiant and unyeiding? Was it Jide or daisy? Didn't get that part.

Also,
'Daisy smiled slyly then, a grin playing at the corner of her lips. Jide could bet that that smile of hers could light up the whole house, even his heart was already electrified by its warmth...no, maybe not warmth, the eyes held...something like mischief?'

Princessa, I've been trying to figure out hoW a grin plays at the corner of ones lips, a grin is a grin but a smile can play on the lips.

Finally, It was really good, you conveyed perfectly the emotions Jide went through from realising his wif's beauty for the first time, to how he felt when he realised she wasn't so into him anymore. It just needs a bit of reviewing especially what exactly made daisy feel he was falling for her.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Jide, daisy laughing at him that way... It wasn't fair nao. She should take it easy small nao, that food part was funny but she really shouldn't make fun of him. Its heart wrenching especially since he's liking her now *sobs* (slowly crossing over to team Jide. Brend4, am I welcome?)

I think I understand why saying 'I owe u' by jide made daisy feel he was finally fallin for her.

To me he was just using angry words to admit he is her husband. This is someone he had avoided for months now he was admitting owing her. I will feel the same way if I was daisy.

As for me, I am just imaging the two having rough and unexpected sexx

1 Like

Re: Story: Taking Chances by repogirl(f): 7:42am On May 29, 2013
Neduzze5:

He was under the influence of alcohol!!

I know he was under the influence of alchohol, but what am asking is how did his actions make her feel he was falling for her? I think his actions were meant to annoy her not make her see him falling for her.

I'm looking at this from Daisy's view.

@ ortopazz, sorry I didn't reply you, will reply your PM. Am swamped here abeg. And you're now on the list of people waiting for me to send it via email. Just send me ur mail add when I reply ur pm.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by repogirl(f): 7:58am On May 29, 2013
frank3.16:

I think I understand why saying 'I owe u' by jide made daisy feel he was finally fallin for her.

To me he was just using angry words to admit he is her husband. This is someone he had avoided for months now he was admitting owing her. I will feel the same way if I was daisy.

As for me, I am just imaging the two having rough and unexpected sexx

Alright, if you put it that way, it sort of makes sense. No offense Frank, but maybe you need to get laid already, this one you are catching trips from story book.
Princessa don't keep Frank waiting for too long abeg, let Jide and Dais do sunting.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 8:40am On May 29, 2013
Hehehe. . . . Repogirl ure welcome to team Jide grin
Re: Story: Taking Chances by frank317: 9:24am On May 29, 2013
repogirl:

Alright, if you put it that way, it sort of makes sense. No offense Frank, but maybe you need to get laid already, this one you are catching trips from story book.
Princessa don't keep Frank waiting for too long abeg, let Jide and Dais do sunting.

Lol... Funny I always catch such trips all the time. D fact is dat I am mad at jide for stayin with a woman in his house for months and he didn't for once sneek on her. The girl is just wasting for gods sake. Even if he does not want her, he should at least have her
Re: Story: Taking Chances by emsheddy(m): 10:06am On May 29, 2013
oh Princessa, why art thou keeping us waiting?
Make i use King James english wether e go touch ur heart to update. We don tire to wait oh. Great work sha. More grease to ur elbow and more megabyte to ur phone
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 10:53am On May 29, 2013
So so addicted,gosh,prec,ur pretty good,waiting 4ur next post
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Laxy009(m): 11:21am On May 29, 2013
Make dem complete d story o. I kan't wait ani longer o... Nice write ups. Thumps up to princessa. U re 2 gbaski.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Osocan(m): 11:30am On May 29, 2013
Laxy009: Make dem complete d story o. I kan't wait ani longer o... Nice write ups. Thumps up to princessa. U re 2 gbaski.
No mind her she just dey put us for higher jump!
Great write up,keep up d good work!
Re: Story: Taking Chances by jaybiz007(m): 11:38am On May 29, 2013
Good job princessa,more blood to ur fingers *updates pls* grin
Re: Story: Taking Chances by jaybiz007(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2013
Chebaby2: Na wa o person go die if u no conclude d story oooooooooooooooo
rily?
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Rockcalvary(m): 2:33pm On May 29, 2013
Lovely story. You're doing an awesome job. Chapters are a lil short though. So you'll prolly have too many chapters in the end and a pretty short story. Think you could merge some of your chapters. So in the end it doesn't come out looking like a textbook. Nice work though! Keep it up. You've got me following
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Dankarara(m): 3:00pm On May 29, 2013
Princessa, i dey gbadun ur write up. bt enh, no dey keep old man for suspense o! Abi u won make old man die of hypertension?
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Morkavictor: 3:16pm On May 29, 2013
princesa ur writeup has got me glue 2 my phone since saturday thumps up 4 u.feel relax n update wen u r ready.thank u
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Sheybor(f): 3:26pm On May 29, 2013
ok!!sadwher is diz lady called princessa.9ce update thowink
Re: Story: Taking Chances by prettylily: 5:29pm On May 29, 2013
Go Girl! Ur just too good don't ever relent. Am sure dis piece will take u there. smileyGo Girl! Ur just too good don't ever relent. Am sure dis piece will take u there.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Bigi83(f): 5:56pm On May 29, 2013
thanks 4 putting in d front page if not i won't know somebody talented lyk u existed.muah kip it up
Re: Story: Taking Chances by bigsholly(f): 7:09pm On May 29, 2013
Oya nw let go there, can't believe i read
all 2day woa baby u r 3much kudos dearie
Re: Story: Taking Chances by jjagz: 8:14pm On May 29, 2013
Princesa you are good...no argument but abeg come and update biko
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 8:47pm On May 29, 2013
phew! dnt even know where to start. the questions, the commendation, the Request for update, ave never been shown so much love smiley

just wish i was already dropping the last chapter soon, so as to halt the tension on both sides...

Repogirl, i see ur comment on the last chapter, i've noted that grin don't play by the side and correction noted. but if Daisy interprets Jide's words as love, she's the one to blame oh not me grin

Thanks Ishi, if someone could call ur work boring, then it means mine was given a fairer judgement...

Mynd, no more outbursts from me, i got so much on my hand here already.... i might take you up on ur offer, let me see how it works here...that's after i write the new chapter....

special thanks to all my readers too numerous to mention, you guys are the bomb and you keep me going.

this is the hardest part: update is not ready here, got so much on my hands here..assignments and all, pls that slack i still dey need amsmiley

XOXO

2 Likes

Re: Story: Taking Chances by kollyso(m): 10:01pm On May 29, 2013
Well, what else do I have to say that had not been said already. In form of questions, commendations, critisism, appreciations and some few reactions. All is pointing towards same direction: that Princessa, you are the bomb! In fact, with continuous practice, persistent improvement and unrelenting effort, you may probably be one of the best thing that ever happen to us in this country. Keep up the good work girl, the sky is surely the beginning for you! I've not being this spell-bounded in a long time!
Re: Story: Taking Chances by nelxsantos(m): 10:33pm On May 29, 2013
(D. u gat 2 keep t rollin bt hei dn't tak it 2 far cos it might nt favor U, use ur brain nt al dat B. manufactd) P u r gud @ wot u do dear, cos U kep me 'eye on phone' since 3day dt 'v seen d update. keep more rollin no more time. oyaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Story: Taking Chances by ortopazz(m): 1:22am On May 30, 2013
Will u update already ma'am...
Re: Story: Taking Chances by emygreat747(m): 7:38am On May 30, 2013
Princessa dear just try nd post sumting today.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by lilrukevwe(m): 8:03am On May 30, 2013
@ commenters when I see a new page and d length of the page its like" seeing a lynx and I think Jesus" but alas I go down and see some person copy a whole chapter and paste and comment 3 lines below. It makes the whole reading process boring and annoying. Ii believe people should realize there are others still reading.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 8:27am On May 30, 2013
lilrukevwe:
@ commenters when I see a new page and d length of
the page its like" seeing a lynx and I think Jesus" but alas I go down
and see some person copy a whole chapter and paste and comment 3 lines
below. It makes the whole reading process boring and annoying. Ii believe people should realize there are others still reading.
sorry about thatsmiley
Re: Story: Taking Chances by iebanehita(m): 12:57pm On May 30, 2013
frank3.16:

The girl is just wasting for God's sake. Even if he does not want her, he should at least have her

Lol..!.. No tym joor!
Jide just dey form Vexper,,whereas e dey collect punny for outside. No, he z gonna come crawling like a toddler.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by enobong18: 8:02pm On May 30, 2013
Princesa, this is not fair.
How many days from your last update do you intend to keep us out of light? If you tell us, beter. So at least we could know how to control our level of anxiety.

Abi you one carry suspence kill person?
Re: Story: Taking Chances by tijehi(f): 9:22pm On May 30, 2013
Too much suspense kills the fun. Tired of Checking every ten minutes. Better to just 'fashy' d reading jare. I don tire.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (69) (Reply)

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. / Meant To Be / When Love Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.