Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Story: Taking Chances - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: Taking Chances (392887 Views)

10 Bestseller E-novels For The Taking / "Taking My Chances" Episode One / Taking Over(a Play) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 1:12am On Jun 01, 2013
tijehi:
Look at d time princesa, all bicos of you I'm still
awake. May God keep my eyes open in class today, I cannot fail my professional exam after paying so much dollars bicos of Love story. Baba God please help me
this is all for tonight, oya go and sleep grin

thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 1:19am On Jun 01, 2013
ifecttt:
As much as we want very quick updates from you. I kinda
av a filn dat dr is a tendency 4 content of d story to be watered down
by u due to pressure to deliver. Pls take ur time, jus don't take ur
fans 4 granted is wat we r askin 4rm U. Tanx. Love d work. And PLSSS, if
u can, try not 2 dwell too much on irrelevances...Muchas Gracias...keep up d good work
i wonder why my readers think am taking them for granted and keeping them in suspense deliberately. the reason i didn't update this week was because i had very tight schedule here. phew!

anyways, pls elaborate on what you mean by irrelevancies. thanks for reading toowink
Re: Story: Taking Chances by tijehi(f): 1:22am On Jun 01, 2013
@ princesa.......Yes Ma
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 1:24am On Jun 01, 2013
Neduzze5:
Phew! Finally but short. Just hoping you are modifying
and adding to it. She has updated oh so make una read and start to dey comment sharp sharp. I gat your back too oh!!
summarise and write the end is a mark of 'i get your back' abi angry
ave not read what it was u wrote about me on ur thread, time is a luxury for me now, but i hope its good, if not, i shall unleash my pest mode on you angry

thanks for readingsmiley
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 1:27am On Jun 01, 2013
and as Maishot, Lakyhorn and co, there's one place I'd love my hands to wrap...

your necks angry
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 1:33am On Jun 01, 2013
expect more updates on or before Sunday. i really thank you guys for
understanding and patience, for all those who've unfollowed, pls come back oh, don't break what's left of my heartsmiley.

and myndd, i couldn't figure out how to send it to u. the only way i could, is thanks anyway.

#hibernation mode activated. Unless...
Re: Story: Taking Chances by emmabest2000(m): 5:10am On Jun 01, 2013
Hmmmm hope this ur promise to update before Sunday which is tomorrow will not end up to be in one week time , Nice write up more ink to your pen Princesa
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 01, 2013
Hmm.gosh.i lyk jide.though he is weak bt its natural.daisy just dey form abi..clubbing ryt?wish dia wil b a coincidence dia.anyways,princes,ur really gr8.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 01, 2013
Bsyd,if happilly eva afta did exist,i wil stil b holdin my ex gf hands.bt nah.we gotta b realistic,guls hav a silly way of thinking.team jide.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by repogirl(f): 9:04am On Jun 01, 2013
paschal1995: guls hav a silly way of thinking

Ummm and what's that s'possed ta mean? please speak for yoursef, no generalizations abeg. angry
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Fishoy(f): 9:09am On Jun 01, 2013
Am switchin sides nw..*team jide* daisy is strtin to....
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 01, 2013
Daisy is trying too hard to be hard . . . Poor geh. . *evil grin*

All these people decamping, we dont have enough space at the team Jide headquarters oo tongue grin

Princesa, dear, take your time eh? Dont let us rush you. Im expecting a grand finish
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 01, 2013
Chilax,repo girl.dnt raise fire & brimestone already.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 01, 2013
Girls hav sort of short mind range.they tink abt wats up in d present only,dts silly and boring and sort of stupid bt romantic sha in a way.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by IzyLuv(f): 11:24am On Jun 01, 2013
Jide, no too form Boss oh... Better love up...

''I mean the silliness of my decision is annoying''

Daisy get 2Likes for d quote statement.

@Princesa, na me cut u slack pass oh...
More groundnut oil to ur eLbow!!!

I think @ d club, daisy shld run into Grace...
Grace needs to get her pound of flesh..

I mean, a Woman scorned.......
Re: Story: Taking Chances by repogirl(f): 11:43am On Jun 01, 2013
At paschal1995, okay, okay, I haf calmed down. I see your point but then its still not every female. Yeah, girls think about the now only, but then mature and inteligent girls 8-) are open to reason and can be understanding and patient. Let's not generalise please. smiley
Re: Story: Taking Chances by weezii(m): 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
Yeah, girls think about the now only, but then mature and inteligent girls 8-) are open to reason and can be understanding and patient.

@ repogirl... I really appreciate you right now for the above comment of urs; accepting that u guys can be like this atyms but not always.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
Peincea, good write in the midst of HEAVEY pressure.
Kudos wink

But, I see some have got "your back".

Well..,

I've got your front! grin
Re: Story: Taking Chances by ebukav(m): 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
princesa: expect more updates on or before Sunday. i really thank you guys for
understanding and patience, for all those who've unfollowed, pls come back oh, don't break what's left of my heartsmiley.

and myndd, i couldn't figure out how to send it to u. the only way i could, is thanks anyway.

#hibernation mode activated. Unless...

Dear I won invite u come legend of de fuckers, I want to hear more of urs Bleep story. Am in love with u

Just saying
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Neduzze5(m): 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2013
ebukav:

Dear I won invite u come legend of de fuckers, I want to hear more of urs Bleep story. Am in love with u

Just saying

*angry mode*
*folds up the sleeves of his shirt and the legs of his trousers*

Guy wetin you just talk??
Re: Story: Taking Chances by MsSpaqs(f): 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
Nyc1 just a few typos tho,Like 'Bitchty' instead of 'Bitchy' thn 'Sceptic' instead of 'Skeptic'
Re: Story: Taking Chances by emygreat747(m): 10:41am On Jun 02, 2013
princesa wake up!!!!!!!z sunday already,pls dont break ur promise
Re: Story: Taking Chances by kollyso(m): 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
[quote author=Ms Spaqs]Nyc1 just a few typos tho,Like 'Bitchty' instead of 'Bitchy' thn 'Sceptic' instead of 'Skeptic' [Firstly, I want you 2 know that typographical errors are bound to occur in this kind of un-editted piece especially in the face of the hues and cries of the Nairalanders, who are not ready for suspense in a suspense/thrilling-packed story of this magnitude. Besides, skeptic and sceptic can be substituted for each other. Anyway, your observation is equally noted.]
Re: Story: Taking Chances by emmabest2000(m): 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
emygreat747: princesa wake up!!!!!!!z sunday already,pls dont break ur promise
didn't I said it earlier ? I guess she will not update today or so I tot , Princesa quote me wrong then if u can
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
'Going out today, Daisy'

Jide read from a piece of paper lying conspicuously on the Dining. He hadn't meant to eat before leaving for work, sitting down to a meal this days didn't appeal to him. The way Daisy had taunted him about food that Saturday night still left a bile on his tongue, it was just the folded paper that had caught his attention & now he was angry at its content.

Jide squeezed the paper into a pulp and flung it angrily at the wall. Daisy was indeed having a field day and really acting up, feeling like she had all the cards to her favour in whatever game she was playing. Today was Thursday and yet the rift between them was far from closing. He was far from normalcy, his feelings threatened to engulf him if any
moment. Daisy on her part was making matter worst, she has changed so much. Every move she made these days deliberately teased and taunted him. Where had she gotten those stock of breath taking gowns she wore
always at nights anyways?

Sighing, he left the dining to the parlour, picked his keys and headed out. He knew where to find Daisy for she had suddenly developed this knack for a session of swimming every morning.

True to his words, he sighted Daisy in the pool. Jide had meant to ignore her totally but somehow his feet betrayed and lead him directly towards her & now he was towering over her swimming form.

Daisy was doing a backstroke then when she sighted him, but she went on with her activities like he wasn't even there. After some painful seconds, Jide had no other option than to speak else he would just stand there till infinto while this annoying wife of his ignored him totally.

'can i talk to you for a sec' he said with clenched teeth.

Daisy swam towards the other end of the pool, rested her back on the wall and wiped the water dripping from her face.

'what about?' she said drily.

'and where do you think you are going later today' he asked.

Daisy grinned. 'Is that what this is about?'

'just answer the damn question' Jide retorted.

'I don't think i should answer that, i obliged your request, now leave
me alone already' Daisy said sharply and plunged into the water.

She was more of an expert in swimming, her long stay in the riverine area of Ijebu-ode had developed her passion for swimming while Boston
had perfected her capabilities in the act. Swimming for her was a means of relaxation and keeping in shape. But Throughout those months when she'd been down, she had lost the urge for swimming, but now, it was the first thing she thought of every morning, after Jide anyways.

Jide watched the pool in anger and irritation, soon it turned into
fright, Daisy was yet to resurface after plunging in a minute ago!
Though he wasn't a pro at it, but this length of time to be submerged in water wasn't normal! he panicked. He couldn't dare it anyways.

Just then Daisy resurfaced gasping for air, her face held excitement but it changed into a frown when she saw Jide crouching by the pool, a worried look on his face.

'you're still here?' Daisy said 'Please be gone already, i don't owe you an explanation!' she screamed.

Jide stood up, an angry grimace on his face, he shook his head and
headed for his car.

'have a wonderful day at work today, because i definitely will!' Daisy called out to him in mockery.

And with a smug feeling, she plunged into the water again. This is just the beginning! she thought.

Jide drove into the office complex at about 8am, he had fumed and cursed angrily at defaulters on his way. Even now, he was still angry he ignored the greetings of people he met and marched straight to his office.

'anything for me yet' he asked his secretary soon as he stepped into her office that adjoined his.

'morning sir' she said standing up.

'so...' Jide asked impatiently

'No incoming invoice yet but your father requested your presence soon as you come'

'he's in already' Jide simply said and matched on to his office. Seconds later he thrust his head through the door.

'and get me something to eat' he barked and banged the door.

'yes sir' Dorothy replied.

She had been making to sit when his order came. She came out of her desk now and made for the door, contemplating what she would get her boss for breakfast.

Before now all she had bothered about was getting his lunch, but since this week had began, he'd kept asking breakfast from her. She wondered what could possibly go for breakfast in an office.

It wasn't a secret that her boss and the American wife he had wedded that Saturday were not in good terms. Infact she could confidently attest to the fact that her boss was still seeing his former girlfriend. Courtesy of the calls she received from her on his behalf. If anyone asked her, Grace was very okay, atleast she occupied a respectable position at a media outfit, but she wondered why her Boss had suddenly gotten married to another woman. Poor Grace! But where had this his wife even come from?

2 Likes

Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2013
The grapevine had it that she, whatever her name was, had been Mama's assistant overseas. And every hand pointed to mama as the brain behind the marriage. Her boss had not been very pleased to be married then and even now, she could bet he still wasn't pleased. Oh well, it was the life of the rich, and they had funny ways of living it. Her boss wasn't the type to give in to gossip and frivolous talk, she sure stood at a risk of running into problems with
him if he knew she had been supplying the grapevine tiny details about him. since she didn't want to lose her job, the best thing to do now, was to provide food for him and then start minding her own business.

'where are you headed with your head in the clouds?' Ade asked startling her. He was eyeing her with a flirtatious grin now.

'goodmorning Mr. Ade, am off to get...'

'Its okay, i trust you know where you're going' Ade said uninterested.

'sure' Dorothy replied and made to leave.

'and is he around, your boss?' he asked.

'yeah' she replied making to leave again, but Ade held her hand now.

'you are yet to give me a suitable feedback on my proposal' he said
softly.

'with all due respect sir, this is an office and...' she was saying,
gently pulling her arms from his hold.

'that's okay' Ade said, slightly irritated and loosen his hold. He
didn't care much for low class chicks anyways, he had class and they came in only as alternative.

Soon he was waltzing away, not a glance back at her.

Dorothy looked scornfully at the retreating figure of Ade, hissed and rolled eye.

'ashawo lo omo' she cursed under her breath and continued her journey.

'hey man, whats up!' Ade said soon as he stepped into Jide's office.

Jide didn't look up from the document he was perusing, and didn't act like he'd heard someone speak.

'come on, don't give me that, i only came to say hi' Ade pushed further.

Jide hit his desk in anger then. 'I would count it a favor if you just
left' he said between clenched teeth.

'calm down dude, am not here for a fight or something'

'your presence alone is repulsive, it makes me feel like hitting the
life out of you, so please just leave my office' jide shouted angrily.

'was there something i did?' Ade asked feigning innocence 'i just came to ask if we should expect you at the club tomorrow, or like last week that you...'

'clubbing is the last thing on my mind now!' Jide screamed in
exasperation. How was he going to shake Ade off! He wondered in anger.

'relax man, the boys put me to it, i don't feel like seeing you either'
Ade replied in disgust.

'good! Then be gone' Jide shouted pointing at the door.

'not after you calm down man!' Ade retorted. What was wrong with the f.ool of man, he thought. He wasn't the only one with dislike issues here!

Jide stood up and made for the door, there was no reasoning with the irritating animal. The day when he would get his was so around the corner! he thought angrily.

Ade sighed at the retreating figure of Jide and grinned as he banged the door. He was not the least shaken or remorseful, anything he could to get back at Jide was perfect.

Their feud dated back to their university days, and even though Ade was sure Jide wasn't aware of it, he still held the grudges nonetheless. He hated Jide's gut, hated the fact that the he was arrogant and yet got away with it. Acting like a spoilt brat everytime, because he was rich and famous in the business scene. While people like him had to struggle
for everything - money, status, position, attention and even love. Yes love! That was the bane of contention here. Jide had gotten the girl Ade had loved back then in school, even though now, everyone had splitted ways and moved on, Ade still nursed his defeat. The girl had been
attracted to his jide's wealth, and Jide had capitalized on it even
though he had known that he (Ade) was interested.

It shouldn't matter anymore to him because he was not unto the girl anymore, he bedded more classy chicks now. It was simply a matter of hitting Jide with a dose of his own medicine.

He'd totally forgotten about the pretty woman whose wedding he had immensely contributed in. The woman he had had no qualms whatsoever, if she had been forced upon him, and the woman who he'd pleaded with Jide to pretend liking at the wedding then.

But now he had realised that she was the perfect bait. Yes, he hadn't given it much thought then because Jide hadn't accepted her, but now, judging by his sudden jealous and protective tendency towards her, he was sure Jide was finally falling. Therefore What Grace had been shrewd enough to notice and wave when he had made advances towards her then, he hoped Daisy would gladly play into. Grace was more like a buddy to him now, too bad, she hadn't made it down the aisle with Jide, not that he cared who married who anyways, It was just a game of little revenge, nothing more

5 Likes

Re: Story: Taking Chances by Harmonyemerald(f): 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
more please
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
mind not the way it appears, pasting it here rids off the formatting. i can also see a tiny bit of typographical error, but can't go back to modify. waiting for it to get the next page, so i can paste the remaining. more still comingsmiley
Re: Story: Taking Chances by ekaromail: 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
Thumbs up Princessa. Nice work!

1 Like

Re: Story: Taking Chances by Harmonyemerald(f): 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
Den I will do the job of getting us to the next page by commenting every milli-second

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (69) (Reply)

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. / Meant To Be / When Love Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.