Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! (248049 Views)

Poll: What's your verdict?

These bad people are lying against the man of God.: 50% (130 votes)
There's a strong possibility that allegations are true.: 49% (129 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Agbada/Native (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by donnie(m): 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2008
I made general statements didnt I. Others gave their opinions i gave mine. Or isnt this an avenue for sharing opinions anymore. You can criticize, or question God's power, but do so rationally or as a free-thinker and stop pretending to be christian because that could be dangerous or even harmful to the body of Christ hence my resolve to expose such maneovres.

You first got personal with me hence my response. Fanatic? I don't mind, you can say that again.

Just found this guys. Really good thinking. . .

http://www.networkafricaonline.com/sanity-africa-journl.htm
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2008
lol

Ako, you really are a wonderful brother.

Hmmmm you are making a case for the thomases? Well I don't see the need for a christian making a "see before believing' case for 'thomases'. Let the thomases make their cases.

Now where are these 'diehard critics'? and how can a church reach out to all of them, in the name of convincing them that the miracles are real? Did you mean by going to the hospitals to heal the sick? what exactly?

if the so called critics really wanted to verify, may be they should look for a confirmed sick lot and take him to any of these churches. 

The Ghanaian union of Journalists did a similar stuff for T.B Joshua. He was in Ghana for a programme, not knowing the journalists had a secret plan. The journalists invited him to a press conference and right there, one of them said "Sir we just want you to leave us with a gift from God. Here's a woman tested positive to HIV. Kindly help solve her problem"
T.B Joshua replied "If this would bring glory to God almighty, then it would be possible".

He prayed for the woman and left. The journalists rushed her to the lab to test . she tested negative.

The journalists were so elated that they followed T.B Joshua to Lagos and told the congregation "You people may not really value what you have, but we need him in Ghana' and the congregation yelled "NOoooooo we need him here"

Now, Ako, inspite of the 'verification' done by these journalists, did it stop some other people from doubting?

Whoever really wants to know will make effort to confirm the claims. If you stayed in your bedroom, ranting "no the miracles are arranged, people are paid" bla bla bla, you have your mind made up. Nothing will convince you. Even when the opportunity comes for you to really witness the miracle, you stay away.

All boils down to one fact: many of these critics do so out of envy.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by simmy(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2008
you guys just dont get the point.
it doesnt matter whether Chris oyakhilome s miracles are real or not! there s no rational way i can verify or otherwise these miracles, so why bother? either way it doesnt affect my faith. many pentecostal pastors both in nigeria and elswhere have been exposed as charlatans and if ure objective u ll agree its baby xtians that need miracles to ginger themselves up.get off the milk and start eating solids.
if i was a CE member i d keep silent if any 1 criticised my church or pastor instead of ranting on how they should be asking for forgiveness
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by waleiza: 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2008
O ye fools have n't u read in the scripture that Jesus said, 'HE that believe in me greater things than this shall he do'.Those of you who spoke ill of Him, when u need miracle,you will consult Pastor Chris smiley.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2008
May be somebody should ask Jesus if he meant it when he said ''greater things shall ye do''

Jesus did not even say shall ye do through me. He said Ye shall do!

If a pastor heals without calling the name of Jesus, they would say "he dey use juju, e no dey mention the name of Jesus"

Jesus was not even called Jesus when he was on earth grin

I look forward to a time when religiousity will be discarded.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AKO1(m): 8:50pm On Jun 16, 2008
waleiza:

O ye fools have n't u read in the scripture that Jesus said, 'HE that believe in me greater things than this shall he do'.Those of you who spoke ill of Him, when u need miracle,you will consult Pastor Chris smiley.

I'd advise them to go to God. smiley
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by donnie(m): 11:53pm On Jun 16, 2008
If it is the same people Weleiza is referring to, and if it is the same Jesus we are talking about here, they should first leave their petitions and gifts at the alter then go and repent and receive forgiveness; make peace before returning to make their requests. For he that eats of this bread or drinks of this wine unworthily eats and drinks damnation unto himself.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by waleiza: 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2008
I feel so sorry for guys,some of u were not born when He started his ministry,morever He is accomplish supernatural things and u were there investigating which one is fake or real.
okay stay there,others have gone ahead,anyway i dont blame u because u cannot see afar.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Lifeboy2(m): 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2008
I think i have to be POLITICAL here "No Comment"
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 21, 2008
"udge not that ye be not judged"
sebi all of us go stand 4 de same line on that day
we go come no if na true or not
till then
, NO COOMENT, [size=8pt][/size][b][/b]
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by charusi: 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2008
when you need a miracle you ll believe
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Geolalisa(f): 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2008
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by olabowale(m): 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2008
@Fyneguy:

May be somebody should ask Jesus if he meant it when he said ''greater things shall ye do''

Jesus did not even say shall ye do through me. He said Ye shall do!

If a pastor heals without calling the name of Jesus, they would say "he dey use juju, e no dey mention the name of Jesus"

Jesus was not even called Jesus when he was on earth

I look forward to a time when religiousity will be discarded.

I like the way you take the Verse and just say what it means. It did not need any interpretation. It is direct, to the point that it can be taken to mean that Jesus name needs not be mentioned so as not to connote that the greater thing is only possible through him.

Now give me the direct, straight up to the point of Mark 12 Verse 29, and, John 5 verse 18 as starters. You are a man i can trust to probably speak the truth among this crowd of bible interpreters. Instead of just telling us straight up what the verse(s) mean, they play around with the words. Bending and twisting until they break it up to something not remotely recognizable.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by lawry: 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2008
ONLY THE FEDERAL SUPREME COURT OF GOD CAN HANDLE DIS CASE

AND THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GOD.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by atutupoyo(f): 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2008
These are men of God and only God knows d heart and Man's intent, lets leave them to God at least people are shown d way to God and are saved. If all thesef publiction are true.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by 9jaboi1(m): 9:15am On Jul 07, 2008
Only God knows the heart of man,
Lets leave him, on Judgement day, we'll know who is real or not.
But first, I think we should examine ourselves first b4 judging another man.
GOD HELP US.
AMEN
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by maureenfx(f): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2008
beware of televangelists
God's ways are d way of man. can imagine if pastor chris b
God?
u think d rest.
u knw d sayin touch nt mine annointed. nd do my prophet no harm
lets live matter 4 God.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by mrspepeye: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2008
ONLY GOD KNOWS WHO IS SERVING HIM. WHO ARE WE TO DECIDE WHO IS AND WHO IS NOT. ALL WE CAN DO IS PRAY THAT GOD WILL LEAD US IN HIS PATH. RELIGION IS A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. U DONT NEED A PASTOR TO RELATE WITH YOUR GOD. GOD IS EVEYWHERE
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by timimatrix: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2008
Once you said he was empowered by devil or what did you call it,now you said he was staging miracle,all of these happened to Jesus the master to so dont be suprised to hear it happen the his followers displaying his power.get to your senses ang try to figur out people plotting the allegation.founders of all these claims are mr chris okotie and his brother that embellesd benny hinn money and you so called PFN pastors.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by gospelman(m): 1:22am On Oct 26, 2008
@Posters,

If God is back of something, there is nothing any man can do to pull it down.
PFN ran a very devilish campaign against Pastor Chris in the East but the Aba Crusade was very massive and a huge success. They ran adverts that their members etc should not attend the crusade but in the end, the Crusade stood tall.

How can you explain it when the enemy is all against you and you are still making massive progress everyday?
It can only be God.

Remember,once GOD is back of a course/mission, there ain't nothing any MAN can do to stop it.

This stuff did not start today, go read the Church history! And the devil has no new tactics.

Peace to you all!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Pepeye(f): 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2008
I ‘v been out of the country for a little while and some dude is already trying to be me. Anyway stalker, impersonator I fit dash u the name lol

Back to topic, Its not only Pastor Chris who does the miracle, a thousand times no, we all are, every true BLW member lives in the miraculous , we operate in the supernatural

We have divine abilities working in us…I’m not talking about Teknons in the house but the Huios of God, we lay hands on the sick and they recover

That’s the kind of life He’s called us to live, Remember the words of Jesus “ ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you (acts 1-cool that power is the dynamic ability to cause changes

The question is; have you receive the Holy Ghost? If u ‘ve, then u’re a miracle worker like Jesus
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by gospelman(m): 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2008
Word!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by gospelman(m): 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2008
Now you cannot talk consistently  the way Pastor Chris does and be the same. I get amazed at why some people have refused to see that Pastor Chris is on a God-mission and has all the backing of Heaven. Otherwise, how can PFN and its cohorts wield their 'mighty' power on one man and all that one man has ever done is get better and better geometrically? This can only be the hand of God.

Well, Pastor Chris has thought us never to disrespect or talk ill of any man of God, not even fellow christians because we are dealing with the anointing. And we have followed hard after his teachings and are getting better and better in every department of our lives and we are not complaining. If the SONS in the house do not complain , how can  you, the outsider? Moreso, when there are proofs of his ministry very evident for all to see.

Remember this is not all about Pastor Chris, it's about christianity and the power therein.

Peace!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by kwenu: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2008
Every fake ministry shall not stand, its already written. you can refer fake preachers as those whose ministry has collapsed . Jesus died but his ministry grew large and spread the more . please read your bible. we should be grateful to god for he goiving us pastor chris in our generation,i m never attracted to his ministry for the sake of miracles. when you listen to his teachings you ll know that hes from God Almighty and a true follower of christ, as for me i am addicted to his teachings and , nothing else can change me from listening to his teachings , wheter i m home or abroad. THE MORE YOU CRITICIZE THE MORE WE ARE GROWING grin grin smiley
also i have listened to lots of preachers but none can be compared to him
hes too much
GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN ME THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORD
LOVE YOU ALL JUST AS CHRIST LOVED ME
LOVE MY PASTOR ALSO
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by deebrain(m): 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2008
[b]AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH NAIJA WOULD ALWAYS BE NAIJA!!!!

The mere fact that a pastor performs miracles, which i can do as well whenever i have an issue, finally made Pastor Chris a fake.

These issues with Pastor Chris and miracles including their set up of the pastor does not really make sense.

Its just like someone that after strugling to become somebody in life becomes the subject of critics and people that , quite frankly, have a lot of time.

Where were the critics all those times when Pastor Chris was in University?
Where were the critics when he was starting his ministry?
When he was getting on  the nerves of every body in his campus trying to establish the bible study group, why did people not come out to say that this student should chill so that he does not get expelled?
People would only know you when you hit it big!!!
They know you not when you are strugling!!!
Now i am strugling to get my million dollar project done and its really frustrating and many do not know me now, By the time i make it now, there would be several reports in the news and so on that i must have either killed somebody to do rituals!!!

Who was Pastor Chris 20 years ago?
Now he is going platinum and people are beefing him and setting all those fake magazine stuff on the net.

I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT,

F=';';K THE WORLD AND THE BAD BELLE PEOPLE INSIDE!!![/b]
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by cicero(m): 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2008
It baffles me how Christians and non Christians alike get into arguments about Pastors and Ministries and leaving out the important message of the bible about an imminent end and the need for the Savior. It's like chasing the shadow and leaving the substance. IF IT TURNS OUT THAT YOU DIED AND FACED WITH HEAVEN OR HELL AND NO CHOICE, WHAT WILL HAPPEN? The Christian should be sure he is gonna make it and the non Christian should be asking what if it turns out to be true. Not Pastor Chris, T.B. Joshua, Benny Hinn and Okija shrine
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by hubreality(m): 8:55am On Oct 29, 2008
Just be aware that all similar posters writing falsely against Pastor Chris are in the same group having same foul spirit that said and wrote that President Yaradua died abroad. False people!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by klo: 10:24am On Oct 29, 2008
Every true child of God must be concerned about these scandals and i believe it is time for the church leadership to rise up to the challenge of investigating allegations like this and let the whole world know the truth. Fine, even in the days of Jesus fake and demon possessed miracle workers could be found yet the works of their hands were exposed by the true ministers like Paul the Apostle. Someone suggested recently that given the proliferation of churches it is time for them to come under some form of regulation and supervision. Maybe he is right aferall,
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AKO1(m): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2008
hubreality:

Just be aware that all similar posters writing falsely against Pastor Chris are in the same group having same foul spirit that said and wrote that President Yaradua died abroad. False people!

Source? undecided
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by hubreality(m): 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2008
A_K_O:

Source? undecided

How can on earth will somebody come up here in Nairaland or the Internet and write falsely that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is that and that and will want the public to agree with him/her. I did remember how the so called pastors or great men of Self instead of God tried to make us believe falsely and wrongly against Pastor Chris, that he got his powers from the devil mentioning all manner of evil spirits best known to them, that miracles wrought by God during his teachings were fake and stage managed. Imagine that level of Spiritual ignorance and carnality. showing the lack of faith in the integrity of God's Dynamic Word(Scriptures).

We all knew how the atmosphere was so hot here in Nigeria when Mr President was out of the country for his medical check up. Some swore with their lives that he died out of the illness and all manner of evil and nasty predictions from so called great men of SELF. It's a pity and also not funny seeing these falsehood among believers all in the name of Christianity. Anyway. we're not ignorant of the devices of the devil to make available his best gifts and tools( fear, doubt and unbelief) among believers. Pastor Chris is not the only one God is using to show the entire earth that He is still the God of David, Elijah, Elisha, Esther, Peter, Paul, Kenneth Hagin, Benson Idahosa, Benny Hinn. He is the God of Signs and Wonders to them that believe! The same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8, period!

Expect more glorious supernatural happenings by the Power of the Holy Spirit which many of us have not made a search or adventure in the realities of the personality of the Holy Ghost not just as we know and take Him(Holy Ghost) religiously. With the Ministry of the Holy Ghost, you(any believer) will do much more wonders in the eyes of mortals. I tell you, this is exactly what this man, Pastor Chris has centered his ministry on, when you learn some kingdom secrets that are 100% biblical and Holy Ghost inspired he teaches, you will understand how God works.

God is not religious. Jesus Kicked against religion while he was on earth. Why? He knew it was all full of carnality. Walking by sight instead of Faith. Instead of these posters to go ahead and glorify God through preaching the words of faith. They go ahead putting fear and doubts in peoples mind as if the Bible is not real, just a history book that cannot produce anything. it doesn't matter who is voicing and writing all these false and misleading information inspired by the devil. Remember it is written in Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." I'm even more powerful than the devil, talk less of seeking for his little cheats called evil power. It's not pride, that's my right and inheritance as a believer in the name of Jesus Christ. Hahahahahahaha, I laughhhhhh. the devil has been defeated already by the Resurrection Power of our Lord Jesus Christ!    cool cool kiss Greater is He that is in you(a believer) than he that is in the world. We are beyond his demons and his minor spirits. I'm always grateful and thankful to God for using this man, Pastor Chris and other men of faith in Christ Jesus.

Jesus is the Lord of Host. Amen.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AKO1(m): 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2008
Seen. I thought you meant they were the very same people, not that you believe that it is the spirit of falsehood.

Apologies.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by osrii: 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2008
be careful in order not to attract the wrath of god.period,

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.