Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! (248207 Views)

Poll: What's your verdict?

These bad people are lying against the man of God.: 50% (130 votes)
There's a strong possibility that allegations are true.: 49% (129 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Agbada/Native (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Devonian(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2010
@ MollyJolly: I agree you have a right to express your view. However, it would appear that you have some allegiance to this Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, the so-called man of God.  Considering your first posting on this site relates to this theme: you've simply been on this site to defend Chris Oyakhilome, which, in my humble opinion, you have grossly failed to accomplish. Instead, you've resorted to preaching, which is absurd. So, to come on here to presumably to defend this guy without assembling and marshalling your points in a very convicting manner, but to think you have the credibility to start preaching is one of the most appalling things I've ever encountered. Only a fool would want to take your preaching seriously. Why not? You lack the credibility and integrity, which is what this whole posting is about: the credibility, integrity, uprightness, respectability and morality of the so called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is—in the light of these and other allegations—continuously at stake. Assuming you belong to his ministry, what you guys need to do is to set up a panel of enquiry; thoroughly investigate this matter and bring the culprits to justice: discipline and redeem them because I don’t believe in condemnation. Mark you! This is not how to do Evangelism.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AbuZola3(m): 10:10am On Feb 13, 2010
Chris and joshua are the one destroying the image of nigerians. The outside world are just making fun of us, how can a Prophet arise when Muhammad is the last Prophet. Even the bible said beware of false prophet
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2010
@Abuzola, thank you for that, even though i can't say much for Islam and its wahala-by-force but from the dawn of independence these bastard preachers and their dim followers have held 150 million nigerians in a grand deception that has brought us to our present predicament, for all their vaunted powers of healing and visionary perception, they failed to bring our leader Yaradua from the jaws of death. abi are they telling us that Umaru deserves this, I stopped respecting church because the dim reverend father claimed that even of we hate our leaders, God put them there for a reason and a man cannot be president if God is not behind him, for Nairalanders who recall this, you know which parish i am talking about, a qtr of the youths stopped coming to mass. i can do just fine with God without erring preachers and false prophets thank u
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AbuZola3(m): 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2010
interestingggggggggggggggggg
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by lucaya: 2:30am On Feb 14, 2010
I'm here cuz erry one a yinna say yinna is Christian eh?So wa ya don gee me info on how to get friends out of 9ja to come to da bahamas were I from.I am told dat dere is a lot a scammerS an jives dere, but instead of worrying bout chris oyakhilome, why don yinna gee my HONEST INFO out of Nigeria eh?O no Blessed soul awe, only da obeah man, an e gouls?Jook dem in da heart, let dem no no master but Jehovah, thru His Son Jesus.

I wait wif batted breathe o no? Let me kno Mama African, i gee bleed wif grief? Gon disbelieve in ya anudda time an ting, please email me at lucaya1@gmail.com, In da Bahamas vaitin fo yinna dem to reply,Blessings.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AbuZola3(m): 7:21am On Feb 14, 2010
p)
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by habakuk: 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2010
my brother dnt stress 2much wit hopeless people they are always quick 2beliv junk.how can fake last for such a long time.dnt waist time wit cold hearted people they are very shallow.just continue in da lord nd one day saul of our time will go to darmascus nd for the 1st time he wil cal Jesus lord.even Jesus walked da streets full of disabled people nd only bartemeous ran for his healing.dnt allow ur unbelieve 2 cripple yu.dnt use the doctors report as prove cos the word of God is the final arbiter.when they see yur doctors report they will still come up wit another xcuse.bru hopeless people nid the word of God in their spirits.john said Jesus is the son of God later in prison he sent people to check if he is the one.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by thabani: 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2010
pastor chris is a man of god, Jesus did the same thing and people did not believe him, so what ever people say bad things about the man of god i wont listen, because i know who he is.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by nimma(f): 6:23am On Apr 01, 2010
I think those of us judging shdnt be too quick to do that! We have no right! Only God does!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Ganjaseed: 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2010
nimma:

I think those of us judging shdnt be too quick to do that! We have no right! Only God does!

How do you mean judging ?
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by ralphi64: 7:29am On May 25, 2010
May you all please leave all false prophets alone? The bible itself have spoken of this guys and we cannot change it. I have posted my comment before on this and I will not repeat.

2 Thessalonians 2: , Read the whole chapter. -----> Note: lawless one = son of Perdition = son of satan

Let's get one thing straight. It is not only Christianity that has great false prophets like TB Joshua and Chris, even satanic religions like Moslem, Budda, Islam, Rastafarian and etc they too are founded by false prophets.

Was it not Budda the founder of Buddahism who was seen in Hell, by those whom Jesus gave them grace to visit hell?

The truth is Jesus Christ is the only way to our heavenly Father. Mahomed is not a way, Budda is not a way, TB Joshua is not a way, Chris is not, and never forgeting the so called Hailey Silas of Rastafarian.

Ralphi
S.A
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Osama10(m): 4:13am On Jun 11, 2010
:-x :-x :-x
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by mathewjam(m): 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2010
Only God knows all, but lets not judge.
Also men cannot be fully trusted.
But only God.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by prety007(f): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
its amazing what people think,say and do.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by BEREZIPE: 2:13am On Sep 15, 2010
what do yu have to say about a man dat uses the name of JESUS too heal the sick, do yu mean yu can use the name to heal a criple if yu blieve in him d bible say he has given us d attorney to use his name
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by dvd(f): 11:49pm On Sep 16, 2010
Follow Pastor Chris on Twitter@ www.twitter.com/Pastorchrislive . Pray along every Monday,Wednesday n Friday. Open a twitter acct @ www.twitter.com . And then log on to twitter.com/PastorChrislive n Click Follow. Get timely,short and Inspirational Messages. If u r on, add me "divinedollars" . Lets go there! Hey drop ur id n email if u r following. Cheers. I CHOOSE TO CREATE RATHER THAN HATE! God's LOVE, dts my message 2 d Critics,I'M A LIVING WORKING TESTIMONY. Got healed of a degenerative bone condition. DIVINE AKPODUADO, graduated 4rm Uniport,dept of Statistics, @Ds Criticizing, What Impact have u made in d lives of those in ur Sphere of Contact?? What r u known for?? How many lives have u transformed Selah. www.twitter.com/pastorchrislive. Lets build a happier world with Love!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Almuhandis: 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2010
grin While its true that pastor Chris and prohpet joshua are suspect-and we know, it doesnt make mohammed less possesed by the demon psuedo angel that gave him some reves, and hence the state of the world today. Mohamed through sucide bombers has caused us more problems than these two atten seekers with low personality.if not low personality syndrome-how can ;Done ;Dbe doing arangee miracles or be claiming he is god with us cool
so unfortunate-no wonder jesus said that not all that do miracles in his name are his. and that some body performs a miracle doesnt make him legitimate-afterall the girl in the books of acts was performing very successfully untill Paul exposed her and her backers.Chris either repents or soon he will be disgraced.no body can advance the kingdom of God for God except God himself through christ
Thats why thrse muslim guys are sick, they help their God-very funny god cry nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-445327.672.html#msg6770033

nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-506001.128.html#msg6770228
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Lovehart: 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2010
To doubt miracle is to doubt God.God is the author of miracle not man.I believe in miracles I have seen some happen through my hands.I desire for a greater level of manifestation.Miracles are real they are simply the super imposition of  supernatural principles on natural principles.Faith in the word of God is the key to access the supernatural.It starts from making Jesus Christ the lord of your life.The word works.

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by dvd(f): 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2010
Follow Pastor Chris on Twitter@ www.twitter.com/Pastorchrislive . Pray along every Monday,Wednesday n Friday. Open a twitter acct @ www.twitter.com . And then log on to twitter.com/PastorChrislive n Click Follow. Get timely,short and Inspirational Messages. If u r on, add me "divinedollars" . Lets go there! Hey drop your id n email if u r following. Cheers. I CHOOSE TO CREATE RATHER THAN HATE! God's LOVE, dts my message 2 d Critics,I'M A LIVING WORKING TESTIMONY. Got healed of a degenerative bone condition. DIVINE AKPODUADO, graduated 4rm Uniport,dept of Statistics, @Ds Criticizing, What Impact have u made in d lives of those in your Sphere of Contact?? What r u known for?? How many lives have u transformed Selah. www.twitter.com/pastorchrislive. Lets build a happier world with Love!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Saxman8837: 3:32am On Oct 16, 2010
Let me tell why this guy is fake, Snake, wolf in sheep's clothing! This guy walked by those other guys when they were trying to pick him up and his shadow passed on them they didn't fall down!

The real reason I know he is fake he does not know the Creators name! And I tell you it's not God, Lord, Adonia, IT IS YAHUWAH, THE SON'S NAME IS YAHUSHUA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWyopD9rhno&feature=relatedall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AkWmZq1FR8

Add to your faith Knowledge!

Also a note about the Quran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC9IrkMulyE
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Saxman8837: 4:06am On Oct 16, 2010
Scripture says study to show yourself approved!

http://yahushua.net/baalgad.htm
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Joagbaje(m): 7:39am On Oct 16, 2010
Pronounciation of a name can change due to the alphabeth and the tongue of another culture. The the Hebrews don't have "J" they use "y" for "J" in their alphabeth while the Greek use "J" instead of "Y" so Joseph is yoseef in Hebrew . That's why theirs is difference in the pronunciation of the original name of God. It doesn't matter really because , spiritually, it is not the pronunciation that matters but the revelation you have of the name. "Jesus " in Greek is yashua in heberew . But I have cast out devils in the name of Jesus and they obey me by coming out. Some Yoruba ministers have cast out devil in the name of "Jesu" and it comes out. God is not bothered by the different to tongues or pronunciation . And Hausa man can cast out devils in the name of "yesu" according to his tongue.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Saxman8837: 5:58pm On Oct 16, 2010
Don't be too sure as to what you were doing was from Yahuwah, or from Yahushua. and it matters!

Act 4:12 “And there is no deliverance in anyone else, for there is no other Name under the heaven given among men by which we need to be saved.”

This is deception my friend! The J is only about 400 years old. These things I say you should check out for yourself, study to show yourself approved.
These titles God, Lord, are not innocent titles!

And if you think his name does not matter.

Exo 20:7 “You do not bring1 the Name of יהוה your Elohim to naught, for יהוה does not leave the one unpunished who brings His Name to naught. Footnote: 1Or lift up, or take.

Isa 52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

(Mal 2:2) “If you do not hear, and if you do not take it to heart, to give esteem to My Name,” said יהוה of hosts, “I shall send a curse upon you, and I shall curse your blessings. And indeed, I have cursed them, because you do not take it to heart.

Deu 4:2 “Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it1, so as to guard the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you.

(Isa 64:7) And there is no one who calls on Your Name, who stirs himself up to take hold of You; for You have hidden Your face from us, and have consumed us because of our crookednesses.

Psa 68:4 Sing to Elohim, sing praises to His Name. Raise up a highway for Him Who rides through the deserts, By His Name Yah, And exult before Him.

(Rev 14:1) And I looked and saw a Lamb standing on Mount Tsiyon, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s Name1 written upon their foreheads.

(Rev 13:6) And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against Elohim, to blaspheme His Name, and His Tent, and those dwelling in the heaven.

(Psa 9:10) And those who know Your Name trust in You, For You have not forsaken those who seek You, O יהוה.

These are just a few to tell you his NAME MATTERS!
We have all been deceived!

Rev 17:5 and upon her forehead a name written, a secret: BAḆEL THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE WHORES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Who do you think this is talking about?
If you don't know let me tell you! The Mother of Whores is the Catholic Church! and the Whores are all those who came forth from her!

Dan 7:25 and it speaks words against the Most High, and it wears out the set-apart ones of the Most High, and it intends to change appointed times1 and law2, and they are given into its hand for a time and times and half a time.

Now see who this is! http://www.blowthetrumpet.org/TheCatholicLetter1934.htm

Jer 16:19 O יהוה, my strength and my stronghold and my refuge, in the day of distress the gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited only falsehood, futility, and there is no value in them.

Mat 7:13 “Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it.

Mat 7:14 “Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed1 which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

My name is Reuben! it If go to china my name is still Reuben, If I go to Africa its still Reuben, if I go to Japan its still Reuben.

Shalom(Peace)
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Saxman8837: 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2010
"god" is the hebrew word for a pagan deity of fortune mentioned in scripture a few times such as Isaiah 65:11. Also "jesus" has never been the Messiah's name and never will be.

This pastor Chris is no different than these snake oil salesmen like Benny Hinn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6SvSjaU62M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOPQ9Cxz5So&feature=player_embedded

http://thewordonthewordoffaithinfoblog.com/2009/04/14/signs-and-wonders-movment-exposed/
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Joagbaje(m): 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2010
It is well
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by ogoamaka99(m): 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2010
Saxman8837:

"god" is the hebrew word for a pagan deity of fortune mentioned in scripture a few times such as Isaiah 65:11. Also "jesus" has never been the Messiah's name and never will be.

This pastor Chris is no different than these snake oil salesmen like Benny Hinn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6SvSjaU62M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOPQ9Cxz5So&feature=player_embedded

http://thewordonthewordoffaithinfoblog.com/2009/04/14/signs-and-wonders-movment-exposed/
Saxman8837:

Don't be too sure as to what you were doing was from Yahuwah, or from Yahushua. and it matters!

Act 4:12 “And there is no deliverance in anyone else, for there is no other Name under the heaven given among men by which we need to be saved.”

This is deception my friend! The J is only about 400 years old. These things I say you should check out for yourself, study to show yourself approved.
These titles God, Lord, are not innocent titles!

And if you think his name does not matter.

Exo 20:7 “You do not bring1 the Name of יהוה your Elohim to naught, for יהוה does not leave the one unpunished who brings His Name to naught. Footnote: 1Or lift up, or take.

Isa 52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

(Mal 2:2) “If you do not hear, and if you do not take it to heart, to give esteem to My Name,” said יהוה of hosts, “I shall send a curse upon you, and I shall curse your blessings. And indeed, I have cursed them, because you do not take it to heart.

Deu 4:2 “Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it1, so as to guard the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you.

(Isa 64:7) And there is no one who calls on Your Name, who stirs himself up to take hold of You; for You have hidden Your face from us, and have consumed us because of our crookednesses.

Psa 68:4 Sing to Elohim, sing praises to His Name. Raise up a highway for Him Who rides through the deserts, By His Name Yah, And exult before Him.

(Rev 14:1) And I looked and saw a Lamb standing on Mount Tsiyon, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s Name1 written upon their foreheads.

(Rev 13:6) And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against Elohim, to blaspheme His Name, and His Tent, and those dwelling in the heaven.

(Psa 9:10) And those who know Your Name trust in You, For You have not forsaken those who seek You, O יהוה.

These are just a few to tell you his NAME MATTERS!
We have all been deceived!

Rev 17:5 and upon her forehead a name written, a secret: BAḆEL THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE WHORES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Who do you think this is talking about?
If you don't know let me tell you! The Mother of Whores is the Catholic Church! and the Whores are all those who came forth from her!

Dan 7:25 and it speaks words against the Most High, and it wears out the set-apart ones of the Most High, and it intends to change appointed times1 and law2, and they are given into its hand for a time and times and half a time.

Now see who this is! http://www.blowthetrumpet.org/TheCatholicLetter1934.htm

Jer 16:19 O יהוה, my strength and my stronghold and my refuge, in the day of distress the gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited only falsehood, futility, and there is no value in them.

Mat 7:13 “Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it.

Mat 7:14 “Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed1 which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

My name is Reuben! it If go to china my name is still Reuben, If I go to Africa its still Reuben, if I go to Japan its still Reuben.

Shalom(Peace)

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Joagbaje(m): 7:45am On Oct 18, 2010
Sax man
The name of jehovah or yaweh is not an issue now.the name of yaweh can not bring salvation or healing . There is only one name now for salvation . It's the name of Jesus and the issue with his name is not in the spelling. But your revelation of the person of Jesus.

The question I would love to ask you is how much you know christ personally . Because most of the time , those who engage in theological jargons like this don't even know christ or the holyspirit. I have ministered to the sick and they got healed in the name of Jesus. I have cast devils out in the name of Jesus. Have you done any of those things in the name of yahudah or yaweh? . If you haven't , you should begging to listen to those whonhave the result.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Saxman8837: 2:37am On Oct 19, 2010
I must say deception is great! and if there is only one name it's not jesus! I have told you if you choose not to open your eyes, this is your choice!
If you say the name of the father, can't heal anyone, you are truly lost, and if the father's name does not mater, why the scriptures that says otherwise?

If one states the truth why is it called theological, and I suppose you worship on Sunday also? If someone tells you the bridge is out up ahead, and it's true, why wouldn't someone investigate this truth? I follow scripture not, lying signs and wonders.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by OmoTier1(m): 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2010
As the bible simply says: SIGNS AND MIRACLES ARE FOR THE UNBELIEVERS! FOR UNTO (i.e in) THE BELIEVERS THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD IS REVEALED THAT THEY NEED N SIGN NOR MIRACLES TO MAKE THEM BELIEVE (Emphasis mine).

There are two sets of people on this earth: Those who willingly make themselves available to God vs. Those who willingly make themselves available to the Devil - THE CHOICE IS YOURS TO MAKE.

If these things that is happening to Pastor Chris didn't happen in the bible, then God's word would not be true as God through his spirit rghtly saidwell ahead of time that people would do these things to those who would identify themselves with Christ becuse of the works that He Jesus would do through them.

NEVER BE AN UNBELIEVING BELIEVER, TAKE A STAND AND WALK THE WALK, I TAKE MY STAND TO LIVE FOR GOD AND I KNOW AS THE BIBLE SAYS; FOR ALL THAT SHALL LIVE THE GOD LIFE HERE ON EARTH MUST SUFFER PERSECUTION and God's grace being sufficient, I am prepared to suffer that persecution because I know when I am done, I will shine and shine and shine as God has said!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by OmoTier1(m): 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2010
Saxman8837:

I must say deception is great! and if there is only one name it's not jesus! I have told you if you choose not to open your eyes, this is your choice!
If you say the name of the father, can't heal anyone, you are truly lost, and if the father's name does not mater, why the scriptures that says otherwise?

If one states the truth why is it called theological, and I suppose you worship on Sunday also? If someone tells you the bridge is out up ahead, and it's true, why wouldn't someone investigate this truth? I follow scripture not, lying signs and wonders.

Sorry to dissapoint you, this issue was resolved when Jesus defeated Satan in hell and took the keys of Life and Death away from him. That is why at the mention of that name JESUS, Satan and his legion of demons flee! Bible says there is no name given amongst men on earth where by men shall be saved except by the name of Jesus. FYI, JESUS is the last revelation of God's name! All that names that God revealed to the prophets about himself was a pointer to and a culmination in the name of JESUS!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by joshelen(m): 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2011
i just hope this is not true even though it sounds true

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.