Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? (133192 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
nnenna.1:

You are dying from Kwarshiokor, but since your next door neighbor is languishing with Lassa Fever, your Kwarshiokor is A-Ok and should not be considered for treatment. After all, you are not the only one dying.

undecided

Rossike, in all seriousness why are you like this?

Why?

You see a rich man living like a king in his palace, and you yearn everyday to be like him, not knowing what atrocities he committed to be as rich and wealthy as that. Why are you like that, nnenna, WHY?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ballabriggs: 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk why did you not include in that your post that Nigeria is at the lowest end on the Human Development scale?

So it is okay that Nigeria is ranked alongside countries like Haiti, Chad, Yemen, Niger?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
Cities like: Rio de janeiro, Hanoi, Havana, and Jakarta have CDIs of over 70% - and they're all cities in developing countries... Why's Nigeria different?

Some of you educated illiterates defending stupidity and mediocrity need to stop defending crap!!

Nigeria is a disgrace!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk: You see a rich man living like a king in his palace, and you yearn everyday to be like him, not knowing what atrocities he committed to be as rich and wealthy as that. Why are you like that, nnenna, WHY?

So having these qualities nipped in the bud across all of Nigeria

nnenna.1:

Good healthcare, standard education, security, justice, safety, human rights, a progressive mindset, sanitation, and social welfare

is yearning to be like an "atrocious" king (I take it to mean the white man)?

You are so blindly defensive that it is mind boggling.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
Where's rossikk?

Your best city(Lagos) is ranked with Niamey(Niger) - and you're proud of that, no? undecided

I won't be surprised if war-torn Kinshasa is ranked with Abuja...
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ifechez: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
ACMTEN:

From your comment, I can bet my salary that you have not been to Onitsha market. There are many shopping malls inside main market that are equally big, though not as big as Shoprite. Each one provides both direct and indirect employment for thousands of people. Onitsha market is slowly moving away for open market to malls. Many of the rich businessmen are buying lands inside the market to build shopping malls. Some of the shopping malls inside Onisha market are Emeka Offor plaza, Golden plaza, one owned by GU Okeke etc. Onitsha residents should please fill in the gaps

i stay in onitsha. they are too many to mention. the entire kano street, sokoto street, bida road, haruna street, ifejika street, pam pam street, saniez street, bright street, nottigbe street, willaims street, otumoye street, suberu lane, okwei street are fill with a plaza or anoda.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Evestar200(f): 5:07pm On Apr 21, 2013
tspun: it's obvious u haven't being to delta. Talkin abt asaba n warri being the only city in the state, is same to all order state in nigeria. It is only their capital that is dev. Wen u remove the capital of any state i think u cant find any order town like the once u will find in delta. I m from the east, i m not a deltan but i think u have nt being to delta bfor hence u would have known places like d grt UG CITy (ughelli) n d like of sapele, abraka. Oghara n so on. How many state can boast of all its town having a dualize road wit street lit.
dont mind dem dey only knw abt asaba nd warri,,,they shld go to oghara nd they will knw dat delta is develop unlike oda states dat only focus on capital
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
So, Rossikk has gone mute, no?

The next time I see one of your shinny-pictures thread about the beauty and lack thereof of Nigerian cities - I shall spam it with pictures of Nigerian slums!!

Stop being overly patriotic - Nigeria is a cesspit and you lot need to start holding those in the "oval office"/government responsible for being the worst kleptocrats ever!!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
nnenna.1:

So having these qualities nipped in the bud across all of Nigeria

Good healthcare, standard education, security, justice, safety, human rights, a progressive mindset, sanitation, and social welfare

is yearning to be like an "atrocious" king (I take it to mean the white man)?

You are so blindly defensive that it is mind boggling.

Do you think all those things happen by magic? ''good health care, education, safety, etc etc'' That is the 14% of the world, which you expect Nigeria to be part of, barely 50 years after her independence. Why, because we pump some oil out of the ground and pay half to the drillers? I mean, based on what exactly do you expect Nigeria to be a developed nation today? It is you that is unrealistic. Your oil wealth is PUNY for your huge population. Saudi Arabia produces and exports 8 TIMES MORE OIL than Nigeria, with just a 15 million population. That is why they can live in luxury. Kuwait, with 2 million folks exports as much oil as Nigeria. This country, Nigeria, is simply NOT as rich as you think it is. Even if all our leaders were saints, we could not become a fully developed nation for at least another 60 to 80 years, and even then, after we must have massively diversified our income sources!

The US which you like to compare yourself to, has a budget of over $20 billion annually for just one of its universities, Harvard. I don't even think our entire Nigerian annual budget is up to that amount. So my advice to you is this: Stop elongating your throat to where it does not belong. Strive to be better than you were last year or last month by contributing your own quota to your country. Rejoice in her successes even as you bemoan her shortcomings. In TIME, things will take shape, maybe long after you have physically departed this world. In the meantime, enjoy the life that God has given you, to the best of your ability, and let the world take care of its own evolution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by basilo101: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

I don't need to travel around Nigeria - pictures and satellite images don't lie, bro...

Glorified villages with bricks is not development - Nigeria is just not it when it comes to development...

I'd put Zimbabwe, Ivory Coast, Algeria etc.(2nd rate countries in Africa) ahead of Nigeria.... Nigeria can't compete with the first rate countries in Africa(Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, and South Africa) in terms of development!!

Travelling is very sweet. Try it
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

Do you think all those things happen by magic? ''good health care, education, safety, etc etc'' That is the 14% of the world, which you expect Nigeria to be part of, barely 50 years after her independence. Why, because we pump some oil out of the ground and pay half to the drillers? I mean, based on what exactly do you expect Nigeria to be a developed nation today? It is you that is unrealistic. Your oil wealth is PUNY for your huge population. Saudi Arabia produces and exports 8 TIMES MORE OIL than Nigeria, with just a 15 million population. That is why they can live in luxury. Kuwait, with 2 million folks exports as much oil as Nigeria. This country, Nigeria, is simply NOT as rich as you think it is. Even if all our leaders were saints, we could not become a developed nation for at least another 70 to 80 years! The US which you like to compare yourself to, has a budget of over $20 billion annually for just one of its universities, Harvard. I don't even think our entire Nigerian annual budget is up to that amount. So my advice to you is this: Stop elongating your throat to where it does not belong. Strive to be better than you were last year or last month by contributing your own quota to your country. In TIME, things will take shape, maybe long after you have physically departed this world. In the meantime, enjoy the life that God has given you to the best of your ability, and let the world take care of its own evolution.

Majority of the first world economies do not have as many mineral resources in comparison to countries like Nigeria.

You will also have to convince us that Nigeria is improving on the human development indicators I mentioned over the years. From 1975 to the present day is a good start.

As a matter of fact, I put it to you that Nigeria has declined since the mid-seventies, as far as:

1. Education
2. Social equality
3. A progressive mindset
4. Healthcare
5. Safety and security
6. Local industry
7. Electricity/Power
8. GDP per capita (adjusted for inflation)

Whereas several of her contemporaries on her level at the time have improved.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2013
You can take it or live it.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Mospring(m): 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
U.Cyril:
Ebonyi,lol
bruv.... Ebonyi got salt and lead. with a dude Gov.....
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
nnenna.1:

Majority of the first world economies do not have as many mineral resources in comparison to countries like Nigeria.

You will also have to convince us that Nigeria is improving on the human development indicators I mentioned over the years. From 1975 to the present day is a good start.

As a matter of fact, I put it to you that Nigeria has declined since the mid-seventies, as far as:

1. Education
2. Social equality
3. A progressive mindset
4. Healthcare
5. Safety and security
6. Local industry
7. Electricity/Power
8. GDP per capita (adjusted for inflation)

Whereas several of her contemporaries on her level at the time have improved.

Again, you are WRONG. The nation is making STEADY PROGRESS on its march to development.

Read through the UNICEF stats on Nigeria's basic indicators. It is CLEAR that there has been progress over the last few decades in health, education, sanitation, infant mortality rates, life expectancy rates, income per capita etc. It is not something CNN and the opposition media would ever tell you though.

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/nigeria_statistics.html
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by musiwa24: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
okpara ugo, you are wrong.. in GDP what you have is wrong.. Lagos does not have the highest GDP.. I will assume you are fashola or tinubu.. stop listen to fashola and tinubu.. they both says things to manipulate the media , They seem not to understand alot of things mostly economy or engineering etc.. ..

But here is the correct thing..

What I think..

I think Ondo state has the largest GDP in Nigeria. because GDP is measure by your finish product. When you add up the oil output, cocoa product, rubber production, banana production,palm oil etc and all that in ondo state... It looks like Ondo state has the largest GDP in Nigeria.

Ondo state people are hard working people.

what i think is that fashola or tinubu do not understand what GDP means..

Let me help fashola to understand what GDP means.. GDP of a state is the final goods and services produced within a state in a given period of time.

The GDP of kano state or kaduna or bauchi or adamawa etc is higher than imo or abia , enugu or ebonyi
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by basilo101: 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
abdulkayus:

c dis dude abeg, are u high on contaminated b,r.e,a,s.t milk. FYI, i serve a whole full year in Anambra frm 2011 to 2012 and i go around very well. Anambra is over hype jor.even d capital itself cannot compair itself to Ilorin talkless of kano or Asaba. Awka North is Bullshitttttt, na only Akwa South we dey manage small small self, and dat Onitsha dat look like rodent infest citym chaiiiii. Wat of d Onitsha Awka Enugu road, chaiiiiii, dat road dey giv person runnin stomach and headache.
Dude, u wouldnt tel me abt Anambra cos i knw it wella.
CIAO. Ndi Ara. Ewu Sokoto like u
so u drive along d fedral highway frm onitsha 2 Awka n u tnk u kw d state? N u r callin Asaba, kano, Illorin etc forgeting dat we r comparing states and not cities. Tell me abt any state n nt a city n lets compare
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
where is calabar n abuja, pls go do ur tour again, besides who knows anambra, dat dustbin.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
Bleble-swag:
where is calabar n abuja, pls go do ur tour again, besides who knows anambra, dat dustbin.

you be mumu!

Omanbala dei !
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Suresir: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
dont8: Your list is thrash not complete without Cross River state and not forgetting Ondo State.
wat abt plateau state ?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by crisycent: 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
Delta? grin grin grin
Anambra? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by basilo101: 6:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
Bleble-swag:
I hv neva heard of Calabar State or Abuja State in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by musiwa24: 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
most of you did not go to school, up ilorin, ilorin forever

The velocity of circulation is what you people assume is GDP.

Even when you look at velocity of circulation within states in Nigeria. Lagos state does not have the highest velocity of circulation.

jonathan or fashola or tinubu they seem not to be grounded in economy or engineering etc.. look nearly most area that why you find the opposition or even the PDP not able to make any articulated case on an issue, because it look like they lack understand of the issue like the PDP..
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by badmeat(m): 6:36pm On Apr 21, 2013
The big four,Lagos,port harcourt,abuja,kano,
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by musiwa24: 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2013
To underrstand GDP.. You will notice that , when they take the GDP of nigeria for example. it is higher than the sale of oil output value of nigeria.. if the oil output is $70 billion and they say the GDP is $230 Billion. You see there is a different of $160 Billion which are from other product produces within that same economy..

So when people shout and make nonsense noice, mostly this ijaw people.. you dont blame them.. it is because head no correct well.. my brother.

The issue of having not just an education but a grounded education. many people have degree PHD.. but we all know they all copy and brought question paper to have their PHD.. Those of all we did not pay for question paper . we know our self. So when you say someone has PHD. i just laugh. Dubber.. You know what they call a PHD dubber.. people who had degree from origi or expo.. now are showing me Musiwa PHD from expo or origi.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
basilo101:
Travelling is very sweet. Try it

And who told you I haven't been to some of those countries?

You think everyone has got a virgin passport like you? - Joker! grin
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
musiwa24: most of you did not go to school,

Even a dead clock is right twice a day - Musiwa just confirmed that! wink
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Afam4eva(m): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
Interesting topic. I'll be back to fill in the gaps.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
[quote author=Odenigbo Aroli]

you be mumu!

Omanbala dei ![/quote
an u d fattest he-goat, ekpai
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by NDprudent(m): 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
A state aint a city........4 doze callin calabar m ibadan here

Interestin arguements doh!!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Zonacom(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
basilo101:
I hv neva heard of Calabar State or Abuja State in Nigeria
lmao! Some people claim they know all when they fail the simplest of questions. We are talking states and some people are mentioning calabar, abuja, ilorin etc.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by musiwa24: 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
And you now have $160 billion . How much of that is of the East.. Of the $160 less than $10 billion is from the east..

Of the $150 billion remaining.. even if we say $90 billion of it is from the North.. And $60 billion is from the West. The East now have just $10 billion.. because the east is the least productive sector of Nigeria in term of non oil GDP. because they stop agric production

Now if you state the East produce $40 billion of oil related of the $70 billion and the west as $30 Billion

It makes the GDP of the
East to be just $50 billion.
North as a GDP of $90 billion
West as a GDP of $90 billion

To bring the total GDP of Nigeria to $230 billion.

When you compare that witht the nation of Ghana.. which is just $39.2 Billion

You can see that the western Niger has the same or more than even the north in GDP. i am not accurate in my calculation.. just guessing what i am written about.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 7:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:
So, Rossikk has gone mute, no?

The next time I see one of your shinny-pictures thread about the beauty and lack thereof of Nigerian cities - I shall spam it with pictures of Nigerian slums!!

Stop being overly patriotic - Nigeria is a cesspit and you lot need to start holding those in the "oval office"/government responsible for being the worst kleptocrats ever!!

DUDE KINDLY FCK OFF. You are a certified LIAR and SLANDERER. Your head is a cesspit of self-loathimg, lies and exaggeration. You don't even pretend to back up your outlandish, IDIO.TIC claims about Nigeria being worse than Niger and Chad and all such illiterate garbage. Why don't you go and spend two weeks in Niger or Somalia, or Chad, and come back and tell us about the paradise you experienced? Nasty animal. I'm sure you're abroad hence your self hate. Pls don't step your nasty, dirty self in Nigeria again. We don't need you here and you will not be missed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today / Pre-colonial Traditional Political System In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.