Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? (133193 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by clefstone(m): 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
Ondo state? I've been to Akura nd it looks notin close to a state capital
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Biafradiplomat: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
I have patiently gone through most posts and I observed a general error made by most people, they mistake aesthetics with development! I must add that development is a rather ambigous term, the op should have been more specific by listing his critaria. Basically development encompasses areas like GDP, literacy rate, IGR, social amenities, infrastructural development, per capita income, health indicators like mortality rate, life espectancy, nutrition etc. Based on this, I would list the following as tops.
1. Lagos
2. Abuja city(not FCT)
3. Rivers
4. Anambra
5. Ogun
6. Delta
7. Imo
8. Oyo
9. Edo
10. Kano
This is my own assessment and it is relative based on Nigerian standard. Some may rate highly in some areas and poorly in others eg Imo rates high in literacy, health and GDP but poor in infrastructure and IGR while Kano rates high in infrastructure and IGR but poor in literacy and health indicators.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by dandollaz: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
Lagos in number 1 no doubt but the next is rivers because of oil. Anambra is a wow state now because is has three major city onisha,awka and Nnewi then to mention delta is wrong because it nothing to offer os surprise even Asaba is not even developed.AKWA ibom ado ok,cross river has only calabar and the rest is bush.ondo is not fine anything,Kano is still ok
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by anitank(f): 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
Nwa Anambra: In Phyno's voice: owee gi iwe,tinye isi na otule okuko.
Chineke!!! grin
Nwanne m calm down biko
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2013
Apart from the Island in Lagos and erm..... maybe a few shinny/dull(oxymoron) places in Abuja... and the industrial areas in probably Ogun state.... Nigeria is a huge slum!! grin

I've got pics and satellite images to prove my assertion/hypothesis... undecided undecided
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by AlyricistLaura: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2013
If Anambra is Number#2, Then That Basically Tells Me Nigeria is in a Severe State of Horror, The Precipice of Hell

An Abyss of Doom.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
cnnamoko: from my numerous tours all over 9ja, i have come to realise that these states are the most developed...just my observations, or what do you think?

1. Lagos
[s]2. Anambra
3. Kano
4. Enugu
5. Akwa Ibom
6. Rivers
7. Kaduna
8. Oyo
9. Kastina
10.Delta[/s]

^^^^The right list!!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
musiwa24: GeneralJ, rivers state is number 1. the oil installation are worth more than the lagos building. opic house in abeokuta was built for N1 billion..

Just one of the oil installation , some cost as much as $1 billions.. which is 160 of Opic houses..

count how many of such oil facilities in rivers.. it gives you 1600 opic skyscrappers in lagos, that look like this.. this is why river state is the state that carries the largest investment in nigeria.

Why are you the only person talking about oil installations here?

Does oil installation translate to drinkable water, motorable roads, shopping malls, night life, absence of slums and low life in Rivers riverine communities? Change this bent mentality and follow the topic.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Evestar200(f): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
watchindelta: @evestar200 i dn,t think so oh! nothing on ground since the last 6yr for deltalipsrsealed
4get dat guy called UDU is doin something now cuz he knw he will soon leave d post nd they will ask him of what he did in his tenure
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by CUIzundu(m): 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2013
Onitsha in Anambra iz okay, but Nkpor no even enter d picture...But d truth iz Anambra shud b amongst d d 1st five, Rivers no get anythin @ll,I serve there okirika 2b precise...with there riches n all, they GAT NADA!!!!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by CUIzundu(m): 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
If Anambra is Number#2, Then That Basically Tells Me Nigeria is in a Severe State of Horror, The Precipice of Hell

An Abyss of Doom.
Which state are u 4rm?***** cuz 4u 2 say dis about d state wit d code 046---it means U're state_Less

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
cnnamoko: from my numerous tours all over 9ja, i have come to realise that these states are the most developed...just my observations, or what do you think?

1. Lagos
2. Anambra
3. Kano
4. Enugu
5. Akwa Ibom
6. Rivers
7. Kaduna
8. Oyo
9. Kastina
10.Delta

In the name of God remove
Anambra (the capital alone looks like a village)
Enugu
Akwa Ibom.

I have nothing else to contribute to the topic #OkBye
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:
Apart from the Island in Lagos and erm..... maybe a few shinny/dull(oxymoron) places in Abuja... and the industrial areas in probably Ogun state.... Nigeria is a huge slum!! grin

I've got pics and state images to prove my assertion/hypothesis... undecided undecided

You obviously have not travelled around Nigeria to utter such rubbish.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
HNosegbe: NO state in Nigeria is developed.

Period.

Closest to the truth.

*Gets ready to be pummeled by Rossike*
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
Damn!! I can't believe some are saying; Anambra... shocked shocked shocked

Anambra makes Mogadishu look like paradise!!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
abdulkayus: Hey dude, ur list is trash. D only develop states i will say are Lagos, Abuja and den maybe Kano.
All d Anambra, Akwa ibom, oyo, delta and Edo are still glorified town. Which malls dey Anambra. Anambra is overhyped abeg.

I know you have not been there akuya. Why claim what you dont know?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ACM10: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

An Abyss of Doom.

Exactly! Nigeria is doomed.

ShyM-X:

I've got pics and satellite images to prove my assertion/hypothesis... undecided undecided

You haven't been to Nigeria and you are contributing to this topic based on hearsay stories. embarassed
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Zonacom(m): 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
okpara ugo:

Still on Anambra, is there any of its villages without a motorable road?

I mean to still register my surprise that all villages in Anambra have modern eateries, filling stations, car washes, modern markets, shopping malls, nothing would make you feel you werent in a state capital.

Kudos again.
If ur post was aimed 2 amuse us, then i think u did well, if not, pls click edit. I'm from anambra, but what you typed here are lies and very childish. For God's sake lets challenge our leaders to do more, we should stop telling lies simply cos we wana feel superior. Anambra presently do not have any 'modern' shoping mall unless if u r refering to the plazas in various markets. Gov obi said he will build about 3 though. Pls stop telling lies
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
Zona.com:

If ur post was aimed 2 amuse us, then i think u did well, if not, pls click edit. I'm from anambra, but what you typed here are lies and very childish. For God's sake lets challenge our leaders to do more, we should stop telling lies simply cos we wana feel superior. Anambra presently do not have any 'modern' shoping mall unless if u r refering to the plazas in various markets. Gov obi said he will build about 3 though. Pls stop telling lies

The seed of the matter.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

You obviously have not travelled around Nigeria to utter such rubbish.

I don't need to travel around Nigeria - pictures and satellite images don't lie, bro...

Glorified villages with bricks is not development - Nigeria is just not it when it comes to development...

I'd put Zimbabwe, Ivory Coast, Algeria etc.(2nd rate countries in Africa) ahead of Nigeria.... Nigeria can't compete with the first rate countries in Africa(Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, and South Africa) in terms of development!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
nnenna.1:

Closest to the truth.

*Gets ready to be pummeled by Rossike*
Why should I pummel you? I don't expect you to understand that development is relative. As in 'developed compared to whom and where?' If you're comparing us to the few industrially advanced nations on earth, then you're right. No state in Nigeria is developed. But if you're comparing us to all other developing countries, who incidentally, form the global majority, then yes, some states are reasonably developed. So it all depends on whom you're comparing us with.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
ACM10:

You haven't been to Nigeria and you are contributing to this topic based on hearsay stories. embarassed

Why can't I?

The images are there - Nigeria is just not it...

Even countries like Gambia, Senegal, Ivory Coast etc. are far ahead of Nigeria... undecided undecided
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ACM10: 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
Zona.com:

cool
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by NwaAnambra(m): 4:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

An Abyss of Doom.
only if u had turnd dis ur grammar into development,ur state wud av made d list.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ACM10: 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Why can't I?

Even countries like Gambia, Senegal, Ivory Coast etc. are far ahead of Nigeria... undecided undecided

This is laughable. How do you think that satellite images are generated? I couldn't even see our big village mansion built 4 yrs ago on satellite image.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk: Why should I pummel you? I don't expect you to understand that development is relative. As in 'developed compared to whom and where?' If you're comparing us to the few industrially advanced nations on earth, then you're right. No state in Nigeria is developed. But if you're comparing us to all other developing countries, who incidentally, form the global majority, then yes, some states are reasonably developed. So it all depends on whom you're comparing us with.

Well, by today's standards, it's either you are developed or you are not.

The comparison thing just makes us sink deeper into the Nigerian stereotype of mediocrity.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Why can't I?

Why stop there? Somalia, Sudan, Eritrea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ethiopia, Burundi and Uganda, even DRC are all ahead of Nigeria. Walking dunce.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by xamster(m): 4:04pm On Apr 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Whoever compiled this list is a village champion!how can you say Akwa-Ibom is more developed than Edo? To even see Delta state on that list means the op really does not understand what development really is!

For all I care, the only state nearing anything called development in Nigeria is Lagos. Abuja comes closest but still years always from being a developed state. All others are glorified towns still developing.
u had beta wash ur face b4 typing ur ethnically segregated mind. Have u ever been out of ur vicinity to see Akwa ibom of today?? Anyway I guess ur d type dat enjoy highlights on tv, but quick to condemn anoda cuz u can't have such..
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Kei144(m): 4:04pm On Apr 21, 2013
On a trip from Johannesburg to Lagos, as the plane prepared to land in Lagos airport, all I saw was slum, until very close to the airport. That told me the impression foreigners get of Nigeria as they are about to land at Lagos airport.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
ChuckBoi93: @OP
It seems like you were born and bred in Lagos hence you know nothing about anywhere other than Lagos (and maybe Abuja thanks to Nollywood). As far as I'm concerned, Anambra shouldn't be in that list. If your topic was about the most populated states in Nigeria then I would have caved but since it's otherwise, I refuse to budge.
There are no shopping malls in Anambra!
There are no good roads in Anambra; not even in Awka where the governor lives. You need to see the deputy governor's street - pathetic.
No skyscraper (I haven't seen any) in Onitsha nor Awka.
Enugu's much better in terms of development than Anambra, Delta, Edo or Oyo. Good road-networks, awesome buildings, lots of supermarkets, shopping malls (like Shoprite) and yes, nice people.

Get your facts right, dude.

OKAY, SHOPRITE MEANS DEVELOPMENT

Having spent about 22years of my life in Enugu, i still place Anambra above Enugu in terms of development. Though Enugu state capital is better looking than Awka. The villages in Enugu are nothing developed close to Anambra state villages generally.

We are talking of development in the whole state and not capitals.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
ACM10:

This is laughable. How do you think that satellite images are generated? I couldn't even see our big village mansion built 4 yrs ago on satellite image.

You judge development based on the road network, amenities, infrastructures etc. - and not your obscured village mansion surrounded by unpaved muddy roads...

Nigeria is massive village!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 4:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
nnenna.1:

Well, by today's standards, it's either you are developed or you are not.

The comparison thing just makes us sink deeper into the Nigerian stereotype of mediocrity.

You are wrong. By today's and yesterday's standards nations are classified as either developed or developing. There's no such thing as an ''undeveloped country'' in educated, informed parlance. That is a beer parlour phrase borne of intellectual laxity and ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today / Pre-colonial Traditional Political System In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.