Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? (133191 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

Why stop there? Somalia, Sudan, Eritrea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ethiopia, Burundi and Uganda, even DRC are all ahead of Nigeria. Walking dunce.

Sudan, Ethiopia, and Uganda are arguably more developed than Nigeria as well.... wink
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
Most of the world has not reached its potential in terms of being developed.

We have advanced first-world economies existing in several continents, so we know that there is already a standard that Nigeria falls short of in every sense of the word.

Now if Nigeria were transported to the 19th Century or something then we may have a point about the country being developed (for its time).
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by chiefkpokp(m): 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
cnnamoko: nice states too, i wud hv replaced kastina wif edo, but i jus wanna balance it...bt edo is tight, i thought abt it

if edo non dey dat list naim be say u never come out from ur house. at all
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
Zona.com:

If ur post was aimed 2 amuse us, then i think u did well, if not, pls click edit. I'm from anambra, but what you typed here are lies and very childish. For God's sake lets challenge our leaders to do more, we should stop telling lies simply cos we wana feel superior. Anambra presently do not have any 'modern' shoping mall unless if u r refering to the plazas in various markets. Gov obi said he will build about 3 though. Pls stop telling lies

Okay, SHOPPING MALL is replaced with PLAZA cheesy

Anambra does not belong to Obi, he has only 8yrs on the seat. It may be your state but it isnt mine but i appreciate its development.

I have been round naija so i know what development is and Anambra is developed.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

You are wrong. By today's and yesterday's standards nations are classified as either developed or developing. There's no such thing as an ''undeveloped country'' in educated, informed parlance. That is a beer parlour phrase borne of intellectual laxity and ignorance.

Ok, so where does Nigeria fall?

Certainly not in the "developed" category, that's for sure.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ACM10: 4:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

You judge development based on the road network, amenities, infrastructures etc. - and not your obscured village mansion surrounded by unpaved muddy roads...

Nigeria is massive village!

You are digressing. Read my previous comments on this topic to update yourself with my position on the issue of development.
You talked about driving home your point with satellite images, then I asked you how satellite images are generated.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 4:13pm On Apr 21, 2013
nnenna.1:

Ok, so where does Nigeria fall?

Certainly not in the "developed" category, that's for sure.

Tell me the truth. Did you see the four walls of a university? You really sound like a primary school dropout. Even in secondary school I'd never had typed something so...daft.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Sudan, Ethiopia, and Uganda are arguably more developed than Nigeria as well.... wink

Well said by a numbskull who has never stepped foot in ANY SINGLE ONE of these countries, and would cry for his mummy the minute his dumbass did.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

Tell me the truth. Did you see the four walls of a university? You really sound like a primary school dropout. Even in secondary school I'd never had typed something so...daft.

You said that countries are either developed or developing, correct?

Going by your line of reasoning above, would you classify Nigeria as developed?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
nnenna.1:

You said that countries are either developed or developing, correct?

Going by your line of reasoning above, would you classify Nigeria as developed?

Nigeria is a DEVELOPING NATION. Like India, Pakistan, Brazil, Ghana, Mexico, China, Chile, Peru, Kenya. All DEVELOPING NATIONS.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

Nigeria is a DEVELOPING NATION.

Is it developed? Damn! undecided
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

Well said by a numbskull who has never stepped foot in ANY SINGLE ONE of these countries, and would cry for his mummy the minute his dumbass did.

Err... Add Cape Verde, Seychelles, Djibouti, Botswana, and Libya to the list.... wink grin

Most developed countries in Africa.
1)
2)

20) Nigeria
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
amAZEing: Rank State GDP (2011;
in millions of USD)

1 Lagos State US$33,679
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Abia State US$18,687
4 Delta State US$16,749
5 Oyo State US$16,121
6 Imo State US$14,212
7 Kano State US$12,393
8 Edo State US$11,888

Your post covers only one aspect of development. Poverty level, literacy level, per capita income, infrastructure are some other aspects. Did you notice that after Lagos, all other states on your list are oil producing states except kano?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Err... Add Cape Verde, Seychelles, Djibouti, Botswana, and Libya to the list.... wink grin

Mentioning these tiny countries with huge resources is pointless. By the same token Kuwait, Brunei, and UAE are more developed than the US, Germany, and Japan. The US is filled with millions of homeless people. Kuwait is not. So Kuwait is more developed than the US and Germany. That's the contradiction you get from comparing apples with oranges.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

Nigeria is a DEVELOPING NATION. Like India, Pakistan, Brazil, Ghana, Mexico, China, Chile, Peru, Kenya. All DEVELOPING NATIONS.

None of these countries, except maybe Chile, is developed.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
nnenna.1:

Is it developed? Damn! undecided

It is DEVELOPING. Can your brain not entertain the notion of a work in progress?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ballabriggs: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
What is the essence of this post when no state in Nigeria is developed.

"I better pass my neighbour" mentality!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:
Mentioning these tiny countries with huge resources is pointless. By the same token Kuwait, Brunei, and UAE are more developed than the US, Germany, and Japan. The US is filled with millions of homeless people. Kuwait is not. So Kuwait is more developed than the US and Germany. That's the contradiction you get from comparing apples with oranges.

However, are those countries not more developed than America?

Most American down-towns are 3rd world slums, tbh...

Anyway, the discourse is about Nigeria and its obvious medieval ratings when it comes to development(s)...
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

It is DEVELOPING. Can your thick skull not entertain the notion of a work in progress?

You were the one who gave two defining categories of

1) Developing
2) Developed

Where a country can be one but not the other.

Therefore, if a country is developing, it is not developed.

Gerrit?

We are both on the same page grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Okdanny: 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
undecided Anambra and enugu my foot
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by abdulkayus(m): 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
okpara ugo:

I know you have not been there akuya. Why claim what you dont know?

c dis dude abeg, are u high on contaminated b,r.e,a,s.t milk. FYI, i serve a whole full year in Anambra frm 2011 to 2012 and i go around very well. Anambra is over hype jor.even d capital itself cannot compair itself to Ilorin talkless of kano or Asaba. Awka North is Bullshitttttt, na only Akwa South we dey manage small small self, and dat Onitsha dat look like rodent infest citym chaiiiii. Wat of d Onitsha Awka Enugu road, chaiiiiii, dat road dey giv person runnin stomach and headache.
Dude, u wouldnt tel me abt Anambra cos i knw it wella.
CIAO. Ndi Ara. Ewu Sokoto like u
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ifechez: 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
okpara ugo:

Okay, SHOPPING MALL is replaced with PLAZA cheesy

Anambra does not belong to Obi, he has only 8yrs on the seat. It may be your state but it isnt mine but i appreciate its development.

I have been round naija so i know what development is and Anambra is developed.

just to help you out. Obi had signed the contract aggreements to build 3 shopping malls in the state's major cities starting with onitsha own. actually its under construction as i write and will be ready come first quater of 2014. there is jeek that its likely to be the biggest in nigeria when completed.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Amya(f): 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Well, you're a Nigerian, and if you think the country is one big rot, if you like live in mars you are part of that rot bro.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
Amya:

Well, you're a Nigerian, and if you think the country is one big rot, if you like live in mars you are part of that rot bro.

Sorry - I'm not Nigerian, I'm black African.... grin
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
Developing or what not, Nigeria has no excuse for being the way it is...

That country is an utter disgrace to mankind, humanity, black race, and Africa - to be honest... undecided
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
nnenna.1:

You were the one who gave two defining categories of

1) Developing
2) Developed

Where a country can be one but not the other.

Therefore, if a country is developing, it is not developed.

Gerrit?

We are both on the same page grin

Suit yourself. But we are by no means unique. Here's an interesting fact:

What percentage of the world's population lives in developing countries?
Answer:

According to the Human Development Index, a development scale of 0-1, there are 35 countries and territories/dependencies with a development level of 0.9 or above, meaning "highly developed".
The total population (as of 7/1/2008) of the countries in that category is 978,186,023 or 14.6% of world population (6,706,992,932).
This means that 85.4% (5,727,771,964) of the world's population lives in developing countries.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_percentage_of_the_world's_population_lives_in_developing_countries
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by tspun(m): 4:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
Vision2017: Delta shouldn't make the list. Truth be told, there are only 2 major cities in Delta and these are Asaba the state capital and Warri. Other glorified towns cum cities are only but a mere shadow of what a city should be. Delta is mostly beclouded by thick bushes and forest virtually everywhere. Nothing is happening in Delta and I can't help but wonder why Delta made your list of the most developed state in Nigeria. Delta remains a dungeon where wild animals thrives
it's obvious u haven't being to delta. Talkin abt asaba n warri being the only city in the state, is same to all order state in nigeria. It is only their capital that is dev. Wen u remove the capital of any state i think u cant find any order town like the once u will find in delta. I m from the east, i m not a deltan but i think u have nt being to delta bfor hence u would have known places like d grt UG CITy (ughelli) n d like of sapele, abraka. Oghara n so on. How many state can boast of all its town having a dualize road wit street lit.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

Suit yourself. But we are by no means unique. Here's an interesting fact:

What percentage of the world's population lives in developing countries?
Answer:

According to the Human Development Index, a development scale of 0-1, there are 35 countries and territories/dependencies with a development level of 0.9 or above, meaning "highly developed".
The total population (as of 7/1/2008) of the countries in that category is 978,186,023 or 14.6% of world population (6,706,992,932).
This means that 85.4% (5,727,771,964) of the world's population lives in developing countries.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_percentage_of_the_world's_population_lives_in_developing_countries

In my defense, I have already acknowledged this. See my quoted post below.

nnenna.1:
Most of the world has not reached its potential in terms of being developed.

We have advanced first-world economies existing in several continents, so we know that there is already a standard that Nigeria falls short of in every sense of the word.

Now if Nigeria were transported to the 19th Century or something then we may have a point about the country being developed (for its time).
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
nnenna.1:
Most of the world has not reached its potential in terms of being developed

Who would have guessed? The way some people talk here you would think Nigeria was the only country on earth not to have ''reached its full potential of being developed''. smh.

Meanwhile, an even more important question we should be asking, but are not, is where is all the energy required to power the 'development' of 85% of the world's population going to come from? And at what cost to the planet?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

Who would have guessed? The way some people talk here you would think Nigeria was the only country on earth not to have ''reached its full potential of being developed''. smh.

You are dying from Kwarshiokor, but since your next door neighbor is languishing with Lassa Fever, your Kwarshiokor is A-Ok and should not be considered for treatment. After all, you are not the only one dying.

undecided

Rossike, in all seriousness why are you like this?

Why?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

Meanwhile, an even more important question we should be asking, but are not, is where is all the energy required to power the 'development' of 85% of the world's population going to come from? And at what cost to the planet?

Bro., stop being overly-patriotic by defending mediocrity and absolute crassness... These are the parameters used to judge CDI(according to the UN):
- Information and monitoring.
- Land and housing.
- Risk and disaster management.
- Social inclusion.
- Urban development and management.
- Water sanitation and infrastructure etc..

There are tons of developing countries around the world(also in Africa) with cities that meet the requirements of the parameters above - why's Nigeria different? Accra for example has a CDI of 46.6 compared to Lagos'(the most developed city in Nigeria) 29.3...

Nigeria has absolutely no excuse whatsoever for being the cesspit that it's - to be honest!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rossikk:

Really, so good healthcare, standard education, security, justice, safety, human rights, sanitation, and social welfare should be denied to all of humanity because of your puny excuse in the quoted?

Rossike - why are you talking like this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today / Pre-colonial Traditional Political System In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.