Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US (20285 Views)

This Buhari's Tweet On Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan Has Got Everyone Talking(pic / Why There Is Massive Corruption In NNPC, By Saraki / The Significance Of The Syrian Climbdown Is Massive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Deattorney: 9:16am On Apr 23, 2013
vizboy: Na wa oh why these people they try tell wetin we don aready know. He get who no know say Nigeria government corrupt
Even 1month old baby know's wat corruption is
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Dee60: 9:18am On Apr 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I have been to the US many times, never have I seen Americans unpatriotic about their countries, even when corruption is prevalent in the US, there are never instances that the citizens will support foreign nations against their motherland. I regret sharing a country with so many ignorant nematodes. Americans invent the world corruption, fraud and ponzi and all nature of ills.

There is corruption every where, including the US, but the magnitude of it in Nigeria is the problem. Let us not make excuses for our politicians. Too many cases of massive corruption are being buried and our judiciary has been turned into complete coma, because of politicians who are after winner takes all. In the US, a lot of people seek political positions to serve their people. here, it appears they seek positions to amass wealth for themselves. Shine your eyes, bro! It takes you possibly less than a year as a minister, a senator or a governor to become a multi-billionare! Some governors are possibly richer than their states, in less than four years.

US really may not need to speak. We should be mature to know what our problems are and to address them. But the sad thing is that we have chosen to live in denial, and in Nigeria, history has not failed to repeat itself!

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by ikweremilitant: 9:20am On Apr 23, 2013
Gooogle: Of a truth, has any conviction been made since all those discoveries?

Yes, this is Fresh air.
Goodluck to you, goodluck to me,Goodliuck to everybody***singing****
all you can propaganda machines can go on spawning all sort of rumours or sentimental truth from your self rightoues factories,but one thing is certain their is noting that is hapening in this govt dat has noy hapend befor in nija especaly obj who laid d foundation for coruption in nija nd all this info did not find its way to the media becos of the killer squard.but gej does not have a killer squard so ure free to say any rubbish.go on but 2015 no vacancy in aso rock period
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Dee60: 9:21am On Apr 23, 2013
kingingkinging:

My brother, you said what was on my mind.

Imagine Nigeria where graduates are jobless, Master holders are borrowing money from uneducated. Professionals are useless. Medical doctors, lawyers are jobless, situations look hopeless all of these because of corruption and we have some shameless human beings saying ru.bbish here. I weep for Nigeria.
Kidnapping is high, armed robbery is having a free day and some people are saying all these. I am pained.

And PhD holders are applying to take up positions as truck drivers!
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by dirifred(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2013
The obvious in this write-up is the motive. you dont give such statement without comparism from what was obtainable before hand,if the report gave comparism it will be showing GEJ in good light,thats why it carefully avoided fact like
1 the susidy scam as been on for decades no administration checked it,
2 police curruption was higher than it is today
3 looting in public office was higher in all the prevous administrations
4 the legal system is more independent now than ever before and so on

all these leads me to see holes in the writeup, so i want to agree with all the nairalanders that fualt the report, its pure gabbage

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by postemail: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2013
Truckpusher: Coming from a Nigerian ,i wouldn't be surprised after all an average Nigerian that leaves the shores of Nigeria antagonizes the country especially with all that subtle emotional blackmail you get from your white masters and the new found freedom from wants and basic necessities of life.

The corruption y'all keep shouting about has always been encouraged by these western nations,......it's like a man that accepts loots from a thief and uses it only to turn around and call him a thief whenever the going gets bad.

FYI all the criminal bullish nations parading themselves as world powers should know one thing ,there were powers before them and they all fell and their case wouldn't be any different.....They can try as much as possible ,i can assure you that Nigeria will not fragment let them keep dreaming we'll only hurt but we'll not fall.

Look! Look around you. What has improved? The people still got no steady electricity except they power their homes themselves.. The people still got no water from the state, they drill their water. The roads are horrible, unfortunately they can't build their own roads. Believe me if they could do all by themselves they wouldn't be hoping these dumb leaders change things here. TELL US, what has changed? We still can't refine our fuel! We still can't make toothpick! We can't build roads without JB n CCECC! We still dont have good education! We still don't have good and affordable health care! We still havent got a national airline. We still dont have a welfare system to carter for the poor! We haven't curbed insecurity! We still can't halt the pollution of the Niger delta ! We have NOTHING! We are angry and we can't take It anymore!

All we have is an unstable country with an ignorant in charge!

7 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by nnannamachael(m): 9:49am On Apr 23, 2013
Na wao 4 dis country,allow d man to rule na,as imune cover him,later we go d truth,pls
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Orikinla(m): 10:10am On Apr 23, 2013
dayokanu: Anyone that expected anything better from Retardeen given his antecedents is not being realistic

First Jonathan was installed by the corrupt politicians to protect their interest.

He has never excelled in any position before.

From his time as Bayelsa Deputy when he was Alams deputy stealing them dry or his reign as Governor where his wife was stealing the state dry

He has blatantly refused to declare his assets when his Boss Yar Adua did

Welcome to the Fresh air we voted since he had no shoes

Dayokanu, remember how they castigated and attacked us when we warned members of Nairaland not to support and vote for him.
Now this is their predicament.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by dbilz(m): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2013
Imagine d fool still saying d whole issue was exagerated .when

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Orikinla(m): 10:22am On Apr 23, 2013
If you visit Bayelsa State, you will not be surprised by the present failures of the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, because if you see Bayelsa State, it looks like Biafra during the Nigerian civil war.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 23, 2013
I rarely like to comment on political threads for my personal reasons, but here's my take on Fathai's comment:

Yes, Nigeria has a problem with corruption and it is the RESPONSIBILITY of every Nigerian and the govt to solve this problem. We do not need a saintly sermon from US before we know we need to get to work to solve the problem of corruption. After all the US is not immune from corruption. Who has been preaching to the US on the need to stop immoralities like gay marriages and homosexuality?
Yes the US is not immune to corruption, they've never said they were! Have you ever heard this statement "The borrower is subject to the lender"?.
Nigeria has a problem with corruption, you said that yourself, after 40yrs+ of gross corruption, Individuals (Nigerians and NON-Nigerians), Organizations(Local and International (NGOs)), Countries (Including the US) have deemed it fit to help us with our focus/direction. Why not? The Nigerian Government is obviously confused! The US, other Nations, Individuals and entities have a right to free speech and their opinions, anyone asking them to keep quite is acting like a bully just like boko haram. cool cool cool cool cool

Even if the target of completely eradicating illegal police check points have not been achieved, PROGRESS has been made
Who said progress has not been achieved, its just that it remains rampant!

Can someone who was dismissed be said to have gone "unpunished"? Mr Fathai, that is gross under punishment for the magnitude of the offence, he should be tried and imprisoned for aiding and abetting terrorism, aiding and abetting a wanted felon and treasonable felony.

It was unfortunate that Ibori was acquitted by a Nigeria court but that happened under previous regime. Again, the Judiciary is a SEPARATE arm of govt. Fortunately, the new Chief Justice of the Federation is taking steps to curb the impunity in the Judiciary. Recently, 3 Justices were sacked.

So if a crime is committed before a government takes office, that crime should be pardoned, forgiven or ignored? please let me know o, so I'll look for a way to steel N1 Billion just before the 2015 presidential election!!!

Also the 3 Justices were not sacked, they were retired and there's a big difference in both. For the sake of those who may not know, they were retired meaning they'll keep all their benefits such as security, pension, social/political recognition, official cars etc unlike if they were sacked, they would loose all these benefits. By the way, you made it look like the Judiciary is not a part of the government which my very own Chief Ebele is the head of!

The executive has done its part by bringing the suspected subsidy thieves to court. The rest is for the JUDICIARY. LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Correct me if am wrong, are you a member of PDP, I guess I should have asked that before replying you sef.

Its good you didn't say anything about Mr Bankole and his right hand man, Anyway, make una dey chop dey go, one dey na one day!

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by davesndy: 10:37am On Apr 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Another BASELESS report from the US. The fact that the west has suddenly become very critical of the federal govt should raise the suspicion of every patriotic Nigerian. The US have been firing from all cylinders of recent. What are they up to? Does the US mean well for Nigeria? Is this all about the PIB and oil multinationals?

Yes, Nigeria has a problem with corruption and it is the RESPONSIBILITY of every Nigerian and the govt to solve this problem. We do not need a saintly sermon from US before we know we need to get to work to solve the problem of corruption. After all the US is not immune from corruption. Who has been preaching to the US on the need to stop immoralities like gay marriages and homosexuality?

Lets take some quotes from the BASELESS report and puncture them.

"Police corruption remained rampant. Reports of checkpoint bribery and shooting incidents decreased in February after newly appointed Inspector General of Police Mohammed Abubakar announced the closure of all police checkpoints across the country; however, illegal checkpoints remained common in some regions. Police routinely stopped drivers who did not commit traffic infractions, refusing to allow them to continue until they paid bribes,”

This is like speaking from both sides of the mouth. The closure of unnecessary police check points across the country was an action taken by the govt to curb corrupt practices among police officers. Unfortunately, that action has to be balanced with the need to also check insecurity. Not all police check points are "illegal" as stated in the report. Even if the target of completly eradicating illegal police check points have not been achieved, PROGRESS has been made. If one takes a trip all the way from Enugu to Rivers in day time, you'll hardly see police check points (except inter-state check points). But if the journey is done in the evening or night, one would see several check points. I dont know whether these check points are legal or illegal but for someone travelling at night, its a kind of reassurance that the road is safe.

Again, if the govt has banned illegal police check points, it is the responsibility of citizens to report any check point that is nuisance.

"the US government listed the escape of the suspected mastermind of the Boko Haram 2011 Christmas Day bombing from custody, noting how the police commissioner, who aided the suspect went unpunished"

Yes, Kabiru Sokoto escaped. But he was later captured. The police officer, whose negligence led to his escape was dismissed. I recall the case was investigated by the Police Service Commission which later announced his dismissal. Can someone who was dismissed be said to have gone "unpunished"? Some of us expected more punishment and prosecution but the Police Service Commission is an institution set up by law and it is safe to assume they took the RIGHT decision according to rules and law governing the police. There's no point playing to gallery.

"former Delta State governor James Ibori in the Southwark Crown Court in London of charges of money laundering and other financialcrimes totaling N12.4bn, after he was acquitted by a Nigerian court"

It was unfortunate that Ibori was acquitted by a Nigeria court but that happened under previous regime. Again, the Judiciary is a SEPARATE arm of govt. Fortunately, the new Chief Justice of the Federation is taking steps to curb the impunity in the Judiciary. Recently, 3 Justices were sacked. About 14 Justices or so are currently being investigated by the National Judicial Council.

"and the N1.067trn fuel subsidy fund lost to “endemic corruption and entrenched inefficiency”

The planned removal of fuel subsidy would have put a final stop to the corruption in the scheme. Unfortunately, the fuel subsidy was only partially removed. Those who abused the system are currently undergoing prosecution.

"In late July, the EFCC began arraigning suspects, first with a group of 20 indictments, including six oil companies and 11 individuals. By year’s end, the EFCC initiated prosecutions of approximately 50 cases related to the subsidy scam. The majority of these cases involved companies and individuals who had fraudulently received subsidy revenue. Investigations and trials had not produced any convictions by year’s end.”

The executive has done its part by bringing the suspected subsidy thieves to court. The rest is for the JUDICIARY.

"It decried frequent abduction of civilians and lack of press freedom, highlighting cases, where journalists were harassed and beaten up"

Which journalist was beaten up this year? It is very uncommon in Nigeria of recent. I can only remember one incident in Lagos. To use this as proof of "MASSIVE CORRUPTION" is ridiculous.

In conclusion, the report is BASELESS. The instances given to support "MASSIVE CORRUPTION" are porous. Yes, we have a problem with corruption but the solution lies with every Nigerian. We dont need "saints" from US to tell us how to solve our problem
God bless you sir! We r not in denial of our shortcomings but my qstn is why is the US aware of our problems all of a sudden? Why is evrytin gooin wrng all of a sudden? Could it be as a result of Nigeria leading other African countries towards China? Ppl pls tink nd dnt just let any report make u start shouting 2015

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by otunba9ja: 10:37am On Apr 23, 2013
franchizy: I condemn dis report cos there is no Iota of truth in it. GEJ Administration is the most transparent and the best Nigeria ever had.
GEJ exposed and is prosecuting all involved in the subsidy scam. Also the Pension scam, Farouk Lawal.
It is only in GEJ regime dat any minister caught having intrest in a company must resign. (Minister of Power).
GEJ is the only Nigerian president who ve never stolen a kobo or looted any money. The only president dat has no investment. The only president dat transformed our airports to world class standard. The only president dat gave Nigerians steady Electricity, good roads, water scheme, health and Freedom of information.
Based on the foregoing, I tink the reporters are paid AGENTS. GEJ will rule Nigeria till 2019. Haters shud go and hug the nearest transformer.

i dey gbadun you jor.....as far as ur own 3 square meal dey kampe...and u re always smilling 2 d bank...weytin concern u with the man wey never pay him pikin school fees, or d woman wey owe hospital bills or the old man wey dey hawk plantain chips for go-slow.......bros carry go....u re only spending out of your eternal rest
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Akainzo(m): 10:42am On Apr 23, 2013
dirifred: The obvious in this write-up is the motive. you dont give such statement without comparism from what was obtainable before hand,if the report gave comparism it will be showing GEJ in good light,thats why it carefully avoided fact like
1 the susidy scam as been on for decades no administration checked it,
2 police curruption was higher than it is today
3 looting in public office was higher in all the prevous administrations
4 the legal system is more independent now than ever before and so on

all these leads me to see holes in the writeup, so i want to agree with all the nairalanders that fualt the report, its pure gabbage

I am not sure where you got the things you are using as your basis, but let me clarify a little for you:

1. Fuel Subsidy: The highest subsidy payment during OBJ was N250B, Yar'Adua: N320B then Goodluck N1,272B; Tell me how this data supports your claim.

2. Police Corruption: Do show me which indices indicate that police corruption is on the decrease! In your village, or along your village roads?

3. Public Office Corruption: Things have never been this baaad! Mehn, it is so bad that it is now even done openly and even with a sense of deja vu. For comparison the NA earnings is on the increase, constituency project allowance has been jacked up, Oil bunkering is at its highest, some are getting paid 4 times a corpers earnings as militants. Does this show reduction in official corruption?

4. Independence of the Judiciary: The judiciary has remained where it has always being except I can cite instances of GEJ manipulation, Ayo Salami's case comes to mind. In fact, the NJC has only become more politicised under GEJ than any other government.

So my friend, when you spew forth things, do ensure that the facts and realities are there to back them up.

4 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by adoniza(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2013
Not sure if I should comment
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by ReiManniE(m): 11:01am On Apr 23, 2013
I hug transformer I still remain alive... Nways, each day we all have prayed, yelled unto God for a better leader, fresh air they say he is 'GEJ' buh dis guy is clueless, got no leadership traits in him..Even our children still fed its chick

GEJ even tho I'm from the south-south he has proven to b the worst nightmare of my generation, I bleeds in my heart cos himself and d so called adviser Abati claimed the report is faulty or nt true. EEfcc has apprehend abt or above 200 pple associated with the scam, where in heavens name is d news, what was d justice on them, where they ever charged to court.

Karma I bliv myt take longer time to come buh surely when it rains u shall be grounded for ya sins
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by bigcycs: 11:12am On Apr 23, 2013
Arguments for and against as is to be expected from any topic on sensitive issues.(Even some of the worlds worst leaders ever still had their army of apologists/loyalist)

One does not need to give a hoot about the US to appreciate the content of their report. Again the fact that the US is also bedevilled by the ills they criticise nigeria about is immaterial in this circumstance also the suspected interest(or lack of it) of the US which some commenters have attributed as the basis for this damning report should not take front seat in preference to the need to discuss pertinent ISSUES as raised therein
is the report stating the truth or did it lie blatantly?
To me it restated a long known fact.
People take pains to enlist a lytanny of achievements of the present FG. why they feel nigerians need to be told about govt interventions on a forum I don't know. the vast majority of nigerians without access to IT facilities will not read it hence their only attestation to govt progress will always be what they can see happen around them and not what some "patriot" posts on nairaland.
I,A nigerian, still haven't seen light in my house for days(still comes once in a while and goes as in the past)
I a petroleum engineering graduate cannot still get a job in spite of the many interviews I have attended and many certification skills as I have been able to afford.(I still need to be "connected" to fix that)

Hoodlums invaded my family business situated in our village and on complaining to the police we had to "mobilise" them to act and even then they didn't.

I won't bother with the issue of corruption..as everyone knows how endemic that is.
I do not hate GEJ(dont love him either) and I do not think he is clueless as adjudged.
I believe this govt is about maintaining a status quo, one which ensures a minority continue to control wealth at the expense of a majorly poor and struggling population.

If there was a sincere fight against corruption a sincere FG should have set up fast track courts with time frames for cases and major convictions should have happened simple!! Not arguments and counter arguments.

By 2015 i am sure many more nigerians will be totally convinced of the ineptitude and ineffectiveness of this present govt. yet again that still won't guarantee that they will vote wisely.
juxtapose the enormous resources that accrue to this nation with the heavily publicised "achievements" on ground and well its not hard to conclude that the FG has again fallen far far short.
(They even had to print a several paged document to show you what they have achieved and in it contained "purchase of 2 number toyota hiace buses" !!!)
Why must our development be "paper" or "internet" based. why must people sit in their offices and tell us that our economy is growing by 7% and yet you go out and reality slaps you in the face.
I realise it won't take "a day" to fix nigeria but if someone tells me FG has completed power projects,I had better see light in my house(There are a million more why's where those came from)
I wonder what it will take for nigerians to understand that they are still poorly governed and deserve better?

6 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by coputa(m): 11:33am On Apr 23, 2013
@nagoma..what do you mean by he(jonathan)accepts corruption..,your post is laced with ignorance..dont you knw how the system runs..with different arms and organs of government headed by and run by moles sponsored by traitors in the system..my ignorant friend,there is nothing jonathan can do in these circumstances.
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Telthetruth(m): 11:55am On Apr 23, 2013
He said contrary to the picture the report painted, the present administration has remained the most transparent government since the return of democracy to Nigeria.

transparent indeed!

just deceiving their selves

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Localtrouble: 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
Billyonaire: When did America become a watchdog to sound convictions against other countries ? I think US should focus on their failing economy and home grown terrorism. US is over 300 yrs old as a country of immigrants, I can remember vividly that America was not as advanced as Nigeria is when they celebrated their 60yrs Independence from Britain.
Anyway, who cares what America says, we should be thinking how to learn Chinese Economic models instead of listening to a failing nation with economy of bubbles.
Exactly..as if they are any better. They have a way of pulling down thriving economies/countries with their foolish researches and reports, knowing some stray dogs would always agree with the rubbish they have to publish. They should STFU and concerntrate on the degeneate state of their nation before spewing rubbish. Kids with no respect etc
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by ddeola: 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
That is d America they are trying to impress with lies and several CNN interviews. I tell una say ds pple no d truth na dem no no grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by ocelot2006(m): 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I have been to the US many times, never have I seen Americans unpatriotic about their countries, even when corruption is prevalent in the US, there are never instances that the citizens will support foreign nations against their motherland. I regret sharing a country with so many ignorant nematodes. Americans invent the world corruption, fraud and ponzi and all nature of ills.

Don't forget "lobbying", and kickbacks.
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Localtrouble: 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
*idriis*:
I don't have to make any gadamn point! The US government is already on point. Can you point out ant false accusation in what was said by the US? The Insincere guy is just here to mislead people like you that's if you guys are not birds of a feather working together. And yes, Ghana economy can be better than ours going by the way things is goin. Our currency is valueless, prices of common commodities are on a increase daily. Poor no fit afford ordinary GARRi for market. Akara is #10 for one, dodo nko, it's #10 for a small slice, to buy bread now na gobe. Rice price has sky-rocketed to 10-12k per bag which is about 6k last year. So wht the Bleep is y'all talking?

Bastaaaaaaards?!angry

It takes one bastard to know another, Egbere!! So what you're trying to tell me is the prices if things should never increase? Biko crawl back into the rock from whence thou camest!! The Americans who some of you support are having serious economic crises and hiding it under it under all kinds of vices. They have are good way of covering up the shiit like cats, it is the same Glorified America madoff was scaming people..where were the so called fincial dogs IRS when it was all going? If his son didn't report him, what would have happened..and who knows how many more Madoffs they have in the US, some of these devils have Large investments in Africa and are making the Forbes list of most influential people in the world(influential my big bum bum). Thank goodness for countries like IRAN, CHINA, RUSSIA etc that are calling their bluff of late . The government of the day isn't stable, YES! We have corruption in the system, YES!(Which country doesn't) But who died and made the US judge over Nigeria? Who play politics pass the Westerners? They put their stooges in World positions to cover their tracks. Rubbish!! Their plan to distabilize Syria isn't working, they are seriously looking for another project..poor nation using sense and cunny to survive!
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
Localtrouble:

It takes one bastard to know another, Egbere!! So what you're trying to tell me is the prices if things should never increase? Biko crawl back into the rock from whence thou camest!! The Americans who some of you support are having serious economic crises and hiding it under it under all kinds of vices. They have are good way of covering up the shiit like cats, it is the same Glorified America madoff was scaming people..where were the so called fincial dogs IRS when it was all going? If his son didn't report him, what would have happened..and who knows how many more Madoffs they have in the US, some of these devils have Large investments in Africa and are making the Forbes list of most influential people in the world(influential my big bum bum). Thank goodness for countries like IRAN, CHINA, RUSSIA etc that are calling their bluff of late . The government of the day isn't stable, YES! We have corruption in the system, YES!(Which country doesn't) But who died and made the US judge over Nigeria? Who play politics pass the Westerners? They put their stooges in World positions to cover their tracks. Rubbish!! Their plan to distabilize Syria isn't working, they are seriously looking for another project..poor nation using sense and cunny to survive!

Oh shut the f*** up! Like any relative of any Nigerian thieving politician would even consider ratting them out. Isn't it our politicians children we see everyday living it up in the upper east side of New York, throwing lavish parties in some of the most expensive clubs in London and coming back to naija to rub the ill gotten wealth of their parents in the faces of their mates whose parents don't have and can't even dream of that kind of money. Since when did America claim to be saints anyway? Isn't it you same Nigerians that continually criticize other countries and consider places like Iraq and Iran as "bomb lands" and you think its the truth. Yet when someone else tells you that your country is corrupt (which is also patently true) you're all up in arms.

There is corruption in the US but it is obviously not as patently obvious and open as it is in Nigeria. At least, corrupt officials in the US try to cover their tracks and don't go about buying up everything they lay their eyes on. At least, we don't hear of American politicians jetting off to Germany each time they have a headache. At least American politicians don't go about boasting about how they "personally placed" someone in office. Say what you will about America and Americans, but they've got it going better for them than we do for ourselves. Which is made obvious by the fact that your people queue everyday at the Visa offices where they act all subservient to everyone including the security men all in a bid to get a visa to same said America.

You guys say all America has are its own interests....that is the way things should be! Each country should have it's interests and the interests of its citizens as first and only priority! Please tell me whose interests the Nigerian governemnt is protecting....cos i sure as heck know it ain't that of the Nigerian people.

4 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Rossikk(m): 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
born7win:

You are the ridiculous one. You always talk down on America but without America's, or the West's, inventions, can you enjoy the life that you have now? Of course not! When next you cite a source, use resources from your country.

You're so daft it's unbelievable. ''Talking down America'' indeed! So if you ''talk down Nigeria'', as I'm sure you're expert at, does that mean you refuse to quote Achebe or Soyinka, or even Sunday Adewusi of Punch Newspaper?

To mention America's shortcomings and her leaders' hypocrisy is not synonymous with 'hating Americans' as your tiny brain seems to imagine.

As for the west's inventions, Well, without PRIOR AFRICAN inventions and innovations including mathematics, writing, language, medicine, philosophy, law, architecture, administration, bureaucracy, cities, metallurgy, astronomy, religion, etc etc, there would be NO latter-day ''western inventions'' to enjoy.

If you know your African history (which you don't) you will know that the above-listed are all African innovations, achieved when westerners were still running around in caves, grunting in bearskin.

In fact the west is the LAST ON THE LIST of contributors, and have built on the thousands of years of innovations by African and Asian populations, who thrived for thousands of years before there was ANY western state.

SO YOU SEE, WE ALL CONTRIBUTED TO MODERN CIVILIZATION. EVERY RACE ON EARTH CONTRIBUTED. SO STOP THINKING LIKE YOU OWE THE WEST SERVITUDE, GRATITUDE AND CONSTANT ADMIRATION. YOU DON'T. FEEL FREE TO CRITICIZE AND UNCRITICIZE ANYBODY AND ANY PEOPLE. ALL RACES ARE EQUAL.

''Black man know yourself... Be confident... Our ancestors civilized this world..''

- FEMI KUTI

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
Rossikk:

You're so daft it's unbelievable. ''Talking down America'' indeed! So if you ''talk down Nigeria'', as I'm sure you're expert at, does that mean you refuse to quote Achebe or Soyinka, or even Sunday Adewusi of Punch Newspaper?

To mention America's shortcomings and her leaders' hypocrisy is not synonymous with 'hating America' as your tiny brain seems to imagine.

As for the west's inventions, Well, without PRIOR AFRICAN inventions and innovations including mathematics, writing, language, medicine, philosophy, law, architecture, administration, bureaucracy, cities, metallurgy, astronomy, religion, etc etc, there would be NO latter-day ''western inventions'' to enjoy.

If you know your African history (which you don't) you will know that the above listed are all African innovations, achieved when westerners were still running around in caves, grunting in bearskin.

If anything the west is the LAST ON THE LIST of contributors, and have built on the thousands of years of innovations by African and Asian populations, who thrived for thousands of years before there was ANY western state.

SO YOU SEE My Dear MR SLAVEBOY, WE ALL CONTRIBUTED TO MODERN CIVILIZATION. EVERY RACE ON EARTH CONTRIBUTED. SO STOP THINKING LIKE YOU OWE THE WEST SERVITUDE AND GRATITUDE AND CONSTANT ADMIRATION. YOU DON'T.

''Black man know yourself... Be confident... Our ancestors civilized this world..''

- FEMI KUTI

Dude, you might want to stop living on past, ancient glory. Even arsenal fans (no offence) have moved on from 2005, you should move on from the BCs. Same Americans are STILL inventing and innovating new things that your modern day Africans are falling over themselves to get. I am sure that the phone/computer/internet tablet you're using to post all this weren't made in Africa...not even put together from its constituent parts in Africa.

The biggest problem a man can have is closing his eyes to his onn problems while opening his eyes to criticize his more succesful neighbour.

Our ancestors civilized this world....awesome....how civilized are we, their descendants?

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Rossikk(m): 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

Dude, you might want to stop living on past, ancient glory. Even arsenal fans (no offence) have moved on from 2005, you should move on from the BCs. Same Americans are STILL inventing and innovating new things that your modern day Africans are falling over themselves to get. I am sure that the phone/computer/internet tablet you're using to post all this weren't made in Africa...not even put together from its constituent parts in Africa.

The biggest problem a man can have is closing his eyes to his onn problems while opening his eyes to criticize his more succesful neighbour.

Our ancestors civilized this world....awesome....how civilized are we, their descendants?

SORRY MR. Humanity's successes cannot be restricted to JUST TODAY. WE WILL NOT FORGET THAT WE CIVILIZED THIS WORLD, and start playing HAPPY SLAVE to any rubbish emanating from the west, out of 'gratitude' for what the west accomplished OFF OF OUR SWEAT AND INNOVATION. NO. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS.

AS AFRICANS, we will WALK WITH PRIDE, AND HEADS HELD UP, as we move FORWARD to regain our STATUS as the world's most prolific INNOVATORS.

Today, Africa is the fastest growing region on earth economically. WE ARE HEADING BACK UP, AND WE DO SO, NOT AS MENTAL SLAVES, BUT AS FREE, CONFIDENT POPULATIONS WHO KNOW THEIR WORTH, AND THEIR IMMENSE CONTRIBUTIONS TO THIS PLANET. THANKS.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Promolysis(m): 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
Rossikk: No we're not. We're talking about criminals in America pretending to be saints.
no single like for ur comment. Shame on u, Jonathan and insincere9jarian

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Rossikk(m): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
^^^Some of us are here to educate dullards like you, not to win popularity contests.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Promolysis(m): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
Rossikk: No we're not. We're talking about criminals in America pretending to be saints.
no single like for ur comment. Shame on you, Jonathan and insincere9jarian
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Rossikk(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
^^^Some of us are here to educate dullards like you, not to win popularity contests.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by karlmax2: 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
The punch and the A.C.N goons on nairaland think that all Nigerians are stupid and brainwashed like them. The article states that the MASSIVE, WIDESPREAD AND PERVASIVE CORRUPTION AFFECTED ALL LEVELS OF GOVERNMENT and we all know what they mean by ALL LEVEL OF GOVERNMENT except you are a brainwashed A.C.N tinubu azzlicker . Lemme remind the goons that it means THE FEDERAL, STATE , AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT. So this is also an indictment on the 419 progressive .ACN which controls 5 STATE and lots of local government they are also indicted in this report . For punch to come up with this headline simply shows how deceitful they are. only the unintelligent and brainwashed ACN e cockroaches would be brainwashed by punch and their ACN propaganda .this is an indictment of all politicians in Nigeria including SAINT FASHOLE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

List Of Top Cases Abandoned By EFCC / Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram / Yakubu Dogara Visits Dino Melaye Over The Death Of Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.