Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,755 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:25 PM

Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US (20483 Views)

This Buhari's Tweet On Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan Has Got Everyone Talking(pic / Why There Is Massive Corruption In NNPC, By Saraki / The Significance Of The Syrian Climbdown Is Massive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Afam4evaIsASlut: 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I have been to the US many times, never have I seen Americans unpatriotic about their countries, even when corruption is prevalent in the US, there are never instances that the citizens will support foreign nations against their motherland. I regret sharing a country with so many ignorant nematodes. Americans invent the world corruption, fraud and ponzi and all nature of ills.

Youre a mo*ron!

Who criticizes their Public Figures (not to even talk of the political leaders) like Americans? America is a true democracy, not that sham of a country where the President can tell you that he doesnt give a damn about telling you how he became a Billionaire in less than 10 yrs after being worth less when he was a mere Lecture for years. If I ask Obama (White House) how much tax payer money they have used in meals between the months of June 2012- April 2013 dem no born dem well make I no get answer!!! I many not get an answer immediately, but I bet you, before the end of the year ( latest, early next year) --- I will get a detailed answer from the White House. You want to compare U.S and Nigeria in terms of corruption?! Will Michelle Obama insist that she needs $30Million+ to build a play pen for herself and the wives of other Heads of states. She will not be First Lady in D.C and be Permanent Secretary in Chicago. Neither will she disappear from Public view then magically reappear to not only regales us about how she rose from the dead after seven days (even though Jesus has been dead for more than 2,000 years), but also foolishly yell in our ears how her Friends sold her properties and jewelries worth "Hundreds of millions of Naira" . How did she acquire that wealth?! By working in Bayelsa Civil Service? Why arent Nigerians asking the right questions??!!? undecided

You sure you really want to compare Nigeria and The United States in terms of corruption? Ok, check this: There have been numerous Politicians ( Congressman Williams Jefferson, for example) that have been jailed because they were proven to be corrupt. In some cases (again, Congressman Williams is my example) BEFORE the corrupt politician could even enjoy the proceeds of his crime he was apprehended, charged, indicted, tried, convicted and sentenced to a long prison term: Congressman William was sentenced to 13 years in Federal prison for $100,000 (of which he had already spent $10,000) in a scheme that was linked to then Vice President Atiku Abubakar!!! If it was Nigeria; Nobody is going to jail for, accepting ,basically, $10,000 (the amount spent) or even the whole $100,000 in bribe money. Infact, look, one man is sitting in jail--- his life destroyed, while the other saunters around waiting for his chance to loot the public treasury again.

If it was Nigeria, Obama would have pardoned Jefferson by now. Plus he would have called him his political benefactor. They would have been thumbing their noses at Americans and hobnobbing in public together. But guess what, here, I bet Obama doesnt even want his name mentioned in the same sentence with that of the Congressman for any reason. If na Naija, theyd be flying on Private jets together. In Nigeria, bribe the judge and Bernie Maddof wouldve gotten 6 months in Prison or an option of fine of $500!

I really feel bad for Nigerians. How can they overlook all the injustice they receive day in, day out without complaining with actions?

Anyway, Bruh Billionaire, some things you just shouldnt compare. Corruption in Nigeria and the United States is one of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._Jefferson_corruption_case

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Afam4evaIsASlut: 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
Localtrouble:
Exactly..as if they are any better. They have a way of pulling down thriving economies/countries with their foolish researches and reports, knowing some stray dogs would always agree with the rubbish they have to publish. They should STFU and concerntrate on the degeneate state of their nation before spewing rubbish. Kids with no respect etc

And whats you own "respect" gotten you except turn you into a slave and a puppet for your political and religious leaders?
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Chusino(m): 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
US govt u are right Nigeria is a corrupt country we all know that.so is not a news.
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by Truckpusher(m): 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
Promolysis: no single like for ur comment. Shame on u, Jonathan and insincere9jarian
Obviously, you're jobless.....he's making a lot of sense unlike the gibberish you typed above...smh

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by LRNZH(m): 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
I want to believe that Rossikk mumu and the nameless others were either deported from one western country or the other.

I am amazed that we still have freaks like them defending gross corruption, ineptitude and mismanagement in Gov't by GEJ's PDP.

All of you claiming that corruption and mismanagement have reduced in Nigeria will continue witness progress in a similar guise in your affairs.
Re: Corruption Is Massive Under Jonathan – US by lawani: 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram Changes Killing Tactics, Kills 18 Youths With Knives / Buhari: We Must Avert A Second Wave Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / PHOTOS: Last Moments Of Muammar Gaddafi(Viewer's Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.