Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind (19713 Views)

He Proposed To His Girlfriend In The Swimming Pool Of A Lagos Hotel (photos) / My Girlfriend Sends Nude Pics To Her Male Lovers ??? / My Best Nigeria Love Song Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 10:33am On Apr 22, 2013
mirob:

Forget movies, in real life before a girl of that status stoop to date or marry that kind of guy check it she didn't get †ђξ required attention from guys of the same class or guys that are in higher class than her. grin

You're so on point.
I don see this thing tire

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 10:35am On Apr 22, 2013
Ishilove:
Yes o, that's why I was tempted to gree when he toasted me. Alas, he is broke so... No deal!
grin

This actually takes me to strategies to move a ladies 'value strata' from money to some other thing that I can better control
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2013
devour129: why do you people always feel Nigerian girls are different all everything is centered around money for us ? Please we love like any other woman around the world,we compromise,we step down so our partners can step up etc. I think you should change your crowd and your mentality and believe you will find your gem cos there are a lot of them under your nose but guys prefer in your face 40inches hair wearing and make up like juju girls.

Nigerian girls like all other girls around the world fall in love
The idea behind my writeup, is that love is largely quantifiable and can therefore be valued
Within the brutish nature of the Nigerian society, it is only natural that love shares the same denomination as money

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by An0nimus: 10:40am On Apr 22, 2013
Emotional Mathematics. Differentiation don already enter amgrin

3 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by devour129: 10:45am On Apr 22, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Actually you just contradicted yourself.
'Love' and 'Compromise' don't go together in any context wink
no mata how you want to analyze it or explain it away,there's nothing that comes without compromise . Use everything in your life as an example n you will be surprised how much you have comprised to get where you are today so why would love be different

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by masterpiecer(m): 10:46am On Apr 22, 2013
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by blancason: 10:48am On Apr 22, 2013
esere826:

how would a guy that is 'less in status' 'nail' is chosen chick?

Biko please tell us
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by masterpiecer(m): 10:51am On Apr 22, 2013
devour129: why do you people always feel Nigerian girls are different all everything is centered around money for us ? Please we love like any other woman around the world,we compromise,we step down so our partners can step up etc. I think you should change your crowd and your mentality and believe you will find your gem cos there are a lot of them under your nose but guys prefer in your face 40inches hair wearing and make up like juju girls.

The reason why naija guys keep saying naija girls are money lovers is cos the ratio of gold diggers and real love is like 10:1, that is not to say al naija girls loves money made relationship but in every 10 relationship in naija, 9 are base on the financial status of the guy.

How many naija girls will want to seat under a starry nite with you and count stars? She will ask u if she b father Abraham undecided. Very pathetic cry

like I said, its not as if there no real ones these days, but finding the real ones these days is like looking for a Nokia 3310 in these days of android smart fones, the thing hard like rock.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by AjanleKoko: 10:57am On Apr 22, 2013
devour129: no mata how you want to analyze it or explain it away,there's nothing that comes without compromise . Use everything in your life as an example n you will be surprised how much you have comprised to get where you are today so why would love be different

If you love someone, how does compromise come into play?
I need you to explain that abeg.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 11:06am On Apr 22, 2013
esere826:

for example, how would a guy that is 'less in status' 'nail' is chosen chick?
blancason:

Biko please tell us

Assumption: For long term mating, you want to start nailing a particular 'class' of girls outside ur present laegue

Steps include, but not limited to:
Like everything else in life, it first requires planning and an acceptance of some false start
Examine the kind of men they seem to like
What is the gap between the guys and u?
What can be changed, that you want to be changed to breach that gap
for example type of education, type of company those guys hangout with etc

Identify your target
place her on the the scale i have prepared
What do u have that is greater than what she has, and she aspires for
accentuate such value
*isolate her if need be. This reduces natural tendency to compare you with others
Get into her mind and then redefine and shape her values to fit into urs

She's all yours when you are through with this

*isolation should not be taken literarily in this text

2 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by biolabee(m): 11:11am On Apr 22, 2013
An0nimus: Emotional Mathematics. Differentiation don already enter amgrin

I dey feel the guy

As Dxx ladies tend to infinity with more money, cars and bling
Dxy men look downwards to get more manageable subservient females
Dyy men just wanna get a mistress and poke

@Op I dey feel you again...
making a societal dilemma fun while discussing serious ish

this however is not limited only to nigerian males
it can be extended even to black males in the US who are even less successful than their women generally
Carry GOOO!!

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 22, 2013
esere826:

Your suggestion actually waltz me towards the subject I initially intended to pursue. i.e the dwindling pool of male lovers:

My observation/hypothesis shows that the 24 to 29 age demography of women (lets call this Dxx)
have a short supply of 'right' men in that same 24 to 29 age demography (Lets call this Dxy)

In Nigeria, The 'right' men can be found more in the 32 to 42 years demography (Dyy)
Unfortunately, Dyy men that are single are few

Consequences:
1) As the Dxx ladies gradually approach the nothern age boundaries of their demography they unconciously or conciously start 'lowering' their standards for mates
2) With Dyy type males in 'short' supply, and a strong need to satisfy the aspirational instincts to mate with Dyy type men, Dxx ladies tend to throw themselves at the few single Dyy men. In the absense of this, they 'tend' to cheat with Dyy men that are married

Nice analysis
@bolded, have u forgotten your biology? xx na male, xy na female. grin grin grin
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by biolabee(m): 11:17am On Apr 22, 2013
esere826: (Post 6)

Conclusions

Dissecting the theory will be too long for this forum,
so I'll race straight to the conclusion
(U can always refer to the diagram to understand scenarios better)

1) When women are ready to settle down (even when they do not have jobs) their university boyfriends are many times not ready because their graduate job slaries cannot cater for the pair
2) when the bf and gf have both finished university and have jobs, there is a stronger tendency to take the next step into marriage

3) wen ladies have jobs but their bf's dont have, there is a strong tendency for the girls to suddenly start seeing faults in their bf and start looking out for new relationships. Sometimes even cheating
4) Guys that have 'arrived' in Nigeria are most times married
5) Girls because of their inate desire to date upwards have a tendency to cheat with these married guys

6) Guys in their 20's because of their economic emasculation complain that ladies are bitches and gold-diggers
7) Sons of: politicians, top bureacrats and top private sector chiefs have it easier with all category of girls in Nigeria even if theyhave not yet got employment. This is because they represent the higher pecking order that girls desire to date. Thanks to their dads cash, they would already have nice furnished houses, cars and a bright future even while in university

8 ) When your boyfriend travels abroad and you dont yet have a job, U need to be worried because the probability is that except he has a job that can cater for both of you, he will dump u and pick a girl that can complement him there
9) When ur girlfriend travells abroad. The only time u shld be scared is if u dont have a job. Then, she will look out for some other alpha male

10) If ur gf travls abroad, and u both have jobs that pay same rate (all other economic condition being equal), the tendency is also for her to look out for males in the higher order. If she does not find any, she's coming for u.

These are all things that I have observed. Stay blessed

Sweet!!
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 11:18am On Apr 22, 2013
mekula:

Nice analysis
@bolded, have u forgotten your biology? xx na male, xy na female. grin grin grin

Na lie
XX na female
while XY na male

nas why men are scientifically held responsible for producing male (xy) or female (xx) children

4 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by rash47(m): 11:21am On Apr 22, 2013
[/b][b][b][/b]

Money brings bitches, bitches bring life

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by biolabee(m): 11:21am On Apr 22, 2013
esere826:

Na lie
XX na female
while XY na male

nas why men are scientifically held responsible for producing male (xy) or female (xx) children

pls dont spoil this lovely debate with arguments
in genetics that is so but as a propounder of esere's theorem of social mating mobility among upwardly mobile black women you are free to use subscripts, superscripts, symbols as you see fit

ish
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by FXKing2012(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2013
esere826:

Nigerian girls like all other girls around the world fall in love
The idea behind my writeup, is that love is largely quantifiable and can therefore be valued
Within the brutish nature of the Nigerian society, it is only natural that love shares the same denomination as money
You are worth following on NL.

5 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by FXKing2012(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2013
esere826: (Post 6)

Conclusions

Dissecting the theory will be too long for this forum,
so I'll race straight to the conclusion
(U can always refer to the diagram to understand scenarios better)

1) When women are ready to settle down (even when they do not have jobs) their university boyfriends are many times not ready because their graduate job slaries cannot cater for the pair
2) when the bf and gf have both finished university and have jobs, there is a stronger tendency to take the next step into marriage

3) wen ladies have jobs but their bf's dont have, there is a strong tendency for the girls to suddenly start seeing faults in their bf and start looking out for new relationships. Sometimes even cheating
4) Guys that have 'arrived' in Nigeria are most times married
5) Girls because of their inate desire to date upwards have a tendency to cheat with these married guys

6) Guys in their 20's because of their economic emasculation complain that ladies are bitches and gold-diggers
7) Sons of: politicians, top bureacrats and top private sector chiefs have it easier with all category of girls in Nigeria even if theyhave not yet got employment. This is because they represent the higher pecking order that girls desire to date. Thanks to their dads cash, they would already have nice furnished houses, cars and a bright future even while in university

8 ) When your boyfriend travels abroad and you dont yet have a job, U need to be worried because the probability is that except he has a job that can cater for both of you, he will dump u and pick a girl that can complement him there
9) When ur girlfriend travells abroad. The only time u shld be scared is if u dont have a job. Then, she will look out for some other alpha male

10) If ur gf travls abroad, and u both have jobs that pay same rate (all other economic condition being equal), the tendency is also for her to look out for males in the higher order. If she does not find any, she's coming for u.

These are all things that I have observed. Stay blessed
Truth is real.
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 22, 2013
supercolez: WITHOUT MONEY NOTHING CAN BE DONE. sad
grin Sir shina Peters abi? " you can be mr.africa o, you can be mr.nigeria; without money, nothing can be done!"

2 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by cooljoe(m): 11:58am On Apr 22, 2013
Best thread eva on NL. Op, so on point, nd quite smart. Nd nice comments too, no silly comments nd arguments, no derailing, no garri comments, nice. Kip t coming.

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
masterpiecer:

The reason why naija guys keep saying naija girls are money lovers is cos the ratio of gold diggers and real love is like 10:1, that is not to say al naija girls loves money made relationship but in every 10 relationship in naija, 9 are base on the financial status of the guy.

How many naija girls will want to seat under a starry nite with you and count stars? She will ask u if she b father Abraham undecided. Very pathetic cry

Excercise:
1) Why did Kate Middleton marry Prince Williams?
(A) Love, (B) Money, (C) Power (D) Status (E) All of the above

2) Do yo think Prince Williams bothers thinking if Kate married him for any other reason apart from love?
(A) He agonises about it (B) He doesnt, (C) He does, but does not care

3) Do rich blokes complain bitterly that girls are gold diggers?
(A) Yes they do (B) No they dont (C) They hardly think about it

4) Do rich blokes have issues having girls stare into the stary night with them?
(A) yes they do (B) No they dont (C) The girls do the complaining that these guys have no time to stare romantically with them at stars in the night

5) When you complain that girls are gold diggers, what male demography are you likely to be in?
(A) Dxy (B) Dyy (C) (less than)< Dxy

Collate Scores.........................
Comments...............................

4 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
esere826:

Na lie
XX na female
while XY na male

Oh! My bad! E don tey o! Na so I don forget reach? (picks up 'modern biology') wink
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
mekula:

Oh! My bad! E don tey o! Na so I don forget reach? (picks up 'modern biology') wink

O sorry sa
I should have known that you are one of the > = Dyy demographic specie
My apologies again sa
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by chronique(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
Nice post op.

I think a more explanatory reason why there's a dwindling pool of male lovers is this. 20-30 years ago,most of the high profile jobs and positions in most organisations were largely held by men but these days,it's almost evenly distributed amongst both sexes. This situation,leaves most qualified male candidates struggling with middle class jobs and unfortunately,they are also not too successful here as a large proportion of the middle class jobs are being handed over to the ladies. This means that a vast majority of the male folks are left to struggle for the "third class jobs"(meaning jobs with lower earnings). Take for example,a bank recruiting marketers would hire more ladies than men and often times,it's easier for the ladies to hit target faster than the men. If promotion is based on performance,then it's safe to say the ladies would move up higher faster than the guys which makes them more available at the higher positions. Some of the qualified guys who can't get these jobs end up as contract staffs,drivers,messengers,security men,etc. You'll easily find male master degree holders doing menial jobs than their female counterparts. Courtesy of the high paying jobs,the ladies tend to move up the social ladder faster than the guys. They move up to a level where the guys they desire,are less available just like you pointed out earlier with your "dyy" description. Because there are so many of them at this level and a vast majority are not open to the idea of climbing down the social ladder,it therefore makes it look like the available takers are minute in numbers. I think it's safe to say that until the jobs return back to the men,there would always be scarcity of available takers for these females and if this trend is not arrested or checked quickly,this pool might shrink till it goes into extinction. grin Simple way of testing this is by asking most men why they're not married and the answer they'll give is that they're not yet financially stable.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
^^^

Nna
me and you apparently have this in common:
We no dey use woman matter play

Chei!! see scientific analysis

4 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by Ishilove: 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
Chrisbenogor: Who is this extremely intelligent fellow?
He's my toaster grin

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ishilove:
He's my toaster grin

you forgot to add

.....And cofee maker

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by IamAthens(m): 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ishilove: I totally agree with you. Who wants to date a brokeasss? He might cover your destiny with the spirit of poverty troubling him undecided
You are a foooooooooolllll. Its eida u do ashawo or wait 4 dangote et al pikin 2 kip u as a mistres. No go wrk 4 ur moni dey dia dy wait 4 man.

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by chronique(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
esere826: ^^^

Nna
me and you apparently have this in common:
We no dey use woman matter play

Chei!! see scientific analysis

Hehehe... grin
Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
IamAthens: You are a foooooooooolllll. Its eida u do ashawo or wait 4 dangote et al pikin 2 kip u as a mistres. No go wrk 4 ur moni dey dia dy wait 4 man.

Guy

U need to curse intelligently on this thread using statistics and analysis
otherwise u wld be considered as part of the undesirable and despicable male demographics

So for example, U can rephrase ur insult to read something like this:

U are apparently a member of the Dxx demography that the Op is writing about
U have apparently also been dissed by the Sons of the rich like Dangote
Frolicking with the Dyy class will only further constrain your oppurtunities and define u as a Pro***
etc

......Be WARNED

9 Likes

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by FXKing2012(m): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
IamAthens: You are a foooooooooolllll. Its eida u do ashawo or wait 4 dangote et al pikin 2 kip u as a mistres. No go wrk 4 ur moni dey dia dy wait 4 man.
Why the anger?

1 Like

Re: The Dwindling Pool Of Male Lovers In Nigeria -Love Ain't Blind by esere826: 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
To avoid angry and unproductive outbursts
let us quickly move to finding solutions to the malady afflicting our societal marital/mating structure
and clear the backlog of unattached females in our society

The preceeding narratives should be useful to both guys and gals

I'll be using Pastor Paul Adefarasin as a case study and weighing his relationship against my model developed in Post #3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Post Your #throwbackpix / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Welcome Baby Girl (photos) / Take Advantage Of Bazouka To Solve Ur Joystick Size Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.