Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,888 members, 7,866,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:36 PM

The First Move - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The First Move (531 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The First Move by addyade: 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
I’m confused here, and I desperately need an advice. They said these days so many things do not matter anymore. But if that’s true, then how come I feel the way I now do.

What really happened is this. I was at a get-together about two weeks ago. Ella, a good friend just arrived in the country. She had been abroad studying in the cold and lucky her – she finished with a distinction and her Dad decided to proudly celebrate his daughter’s achievement. Worth it, hmmm?

I had been called upon to be the chief organiser. I was ‘used’ to helping my good friend invite all her friends and to do all the ground work. It was an open secret type of party – she knew there was going to be a get-together but she didn’t know all the details.

Anyway on the d-day, guests started trickling in and before you knew it, the whole place was jam packed. And there were “his” and “hellos” everywhere across the room. Once in a while, you would hear voices (usually a female) give a loud hysterical scream on sighting an old friend. It was a mature party; I really liked the ambience.

After Ella’s dad gave the opening remark (in short flaunted his daughter), he declared the party open. He also called me out to acknowledge my input. I really felt good as my friend also came up to embrace and appreciate me before all the guests. Thereafter, I felt some “eyes” following me around the room.

Later that evening, this very handsome guy walked up to me and I must confess I instantly liked him. He really looked, talked and dressed responsibly. He kept my company for the remaining of the evening. We spoke somewhat familiarly; it was as though we had known each other forever. He made me laugh a lot during the evening; there was never a dull moment.

I thought to myself “he fits the image of ‘my right guy’. I’m willing to give this a chance.”

At the end of the evening, I was glad he asked for my contact details, which we exchanged. As we parted ways, he whispered, “let’s do this again”. I nodded and walked away.

My worry exactly is that I have since then not heard from him. Can you imagine that? It is two and a half weeks after!!!

I really would like to hear from him again but I don’t think it is appropriate to be the one to make the first move. A hundred and one reasons why I should or shouldn’t have bombarded my head since then; which leaves me further confused.

I really feel if I made an ‘impression’, he should have missed me enough to want to seek me out. Probably the feeling is just not mutual. God forbid what if I called and he pretends he has never heard my name before? I’m sure I won’t be able to stomach it; I will just die of embarrassment. I just think it is so, so unladylike, he will lose all the respect he has for the budding relationship. Or maybe he’s just a Casanova that has perfected the act of wooing ladies. Maybe to him I’m lost among the huge number of girls he has to deal with.

On the other hand, I feel what if he lost his phone after we parted? It is a possibility. Or maybe he fell ill. Or yet still, he might be very busy at work. Should a lady let a good man slip by because it’s unladylike to make the first move? In fact who sets the rule?

Please help, this silence is SUFFOCATING.
http://mytcube./2013/03/26/the-first-move/
Re: The First Move by greedie1(f): 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
i don't know ooo but i think its better to call and be embarrassed dan not to call and forever wonder ' wat if'.

u don't ve to ask him out on a date, just call, say hi dat u just wanted to check on him..well his response should tell u wat u need to know...just call.
Re: The First Move by Oohrhii(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
I think i second gree-die

just call to say hi..it doesnt take anything out of you.

Anything could have happened.

If you never try..you'll never know.!

(1) (Reply)

Why Job Hunting When You Have Dollars Earning At Your Door Step / My Point Of View / What Are They Talking About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.