Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,859 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

House Girl Sydrome - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Girl Sydrome (2472 Views)

How My 10-year-old Demonic House Girl Was Having Sex With My 2-year-old Son / What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo) / Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Girl Sydrome by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
These day nigerian wives have become so lazy that they can't even wash plates or dress the bed. When some women are about to get married all they think about is bringing a girl from the village to help out. Sometimes they don't even check the background of the girls they are bringing into their home. Some of them end up molesting or initiating their children. Don't know why nigerian women have become so lazy. Sometimes the kids end up becoming close the house help than the mother. Mothers/Wives learn how to take care of your home
Re: House Girl Sydrome by chyseth(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
Tell them lol
Re: House Girl Sydrome by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
well those that have tips on how to cope when children come should kindly share.Thanks
Re: House Girl Sydrome by greatgod2012(f): 9:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
honey86: well those that have tips on how to cope when children come should kindly share.Thanks

its all about upbringing, planning and cooperation from your partner.

Im a working class mother of kids, first and foremst, i plan how and when to do my chores, and then, my hubby assists me.

For example, someone who was taken care till when going to higher institution by househelps, can hardly cope without househelps, because, that is what they are made to believe.

Proper preparation, prevents poor perfomance and its also about maintaing a home.
May God help us all.
Re: House Girl Sydrome by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
greatgod2012:

its all about upbringing, planning and cooperation from your partner.

Im a working class mother of kids, first and foremst, i plan how and when to do my chores, and then, my hubby assists me.

For example, someone who was taken care till when going to higher institution, can hardly cope without househelp, bcs. That is what they are made to believe.

Proper preparation, prevents poor perfomance and its also about maintaing a home.
May God help us all.
help me tell dem. God bless ur home
Re: House Girl Sydrome by vivianc(f): 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
I'm not gonna blab about how easy it is, you know being a mum, a wife and a worker. I'm not there yet so I have no idea, but I do know that nothing is impossible with proper planning.
Having said that, op you are absolutely right! I don't know what some of our ladies are turning into. They are annoyingly lazy and I couldn't help but wonder how they were brought up.
In as much as being a mum, a wife and a career woman is not easy, I'd find a way to make it work cos I have and will still have NO HOUSEHELP POLICY in my home. Whatever the Househelp will do for me I'd monetise it. That way I'd have peace in my own house.
Re: House Girl Sydrome by greatgod2012(f): 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
vivian chinaza: I'm not gonna blab about how easy it is, you know being a mum, a wife and a worker. I'm not there yet so I have no idea, but I do know that nothing is impossible with proper planning.
Having said that, op you are absolutely right! I don't know what some of our ladies are turning into. They are annoyingly lazy and I couldn't help but wonder how they were brought up.
In as much as being a mum, a wife and a career woman is not easy, I'd find a way to make it work cos I have and will still have NO HOUSEHELP POLICY in my home. Whatever the Househelp will do for me I'd monetise it. That way I'd have peace in my own house.

may God help you.
Re: House Girl Sydrome by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
vivian chinaza: I'm not gonna blab about how easy it is, you know being a mum, a wife and a worker. I'm not there yet so I have no idea, but I do know that nothing is impossible with proper planning.
some of dem have d dumbest excuse. Imagine a woman saying washing of plates nd cooking is stressful for her in her marital home.
Re: House Girl Sydrome by vivianc(f): 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Ms_Steph: some of dem have d dumbest excuse. Imagine a woman saying washing of plates nd cooking is stressful for her in her marital home.

grin Well, some of them were brought up with maids at their beck and call and they became perpetually lazy . While some have now seen putting a house together as "slavery." They will rather be a "career woman" than a "woman." And I ask, before that "career" was attached, were we not "women" first? Why walk around as a "career" and pay other person to be a "woman" for you?

Well, their lives their call!
Re: House Girl Sydrome by vivianc(f): 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
greatgod2012:

may God help you.

Amen o my sister. May He help too.
Re: House Girl Sydrome by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
vivian chinaza:

grin Well, some of them were brought up with maids at their beck and call and they became perpetually lazy . While some have now seen putting a house together as "slavery." They will rather be a "career woman" than a "woman." And I ask, before that "career" was attached, were we not "women" first? Why walk around as a "career" and pay other person to be a "woman" for you?

Well, their lives their call!
it is bcoming annoying
Re: House Girl Sydrome by vivianc(f): 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
Ms_Steph: it is bcoming annoying

Yea, it is. But don't let it annoy you much. They chose that option and its being working out for them. All you have to do is choose what will work out for you. Define "womanhood" in your own terms.
Re: House Girl Sydrome by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Well if you see yourself as superwoman, good luck on that.
God knows I would not stress myself beyond my capabilities one bit cos I want to prove something I'm not.
If there's money to make the work easier, I would employ it and get all the help I need.
I refuse to look 50 when I'm supposed to be in my 30's just because I'm not 'lazy'.
And no I wasn't brought up under housemaids or the likes.

7 Likes

Re: House Girl Sydrome by MMotimo: 6:08am On Apr 26, 2013

Well said! It can be tough but it's doable.

Housework can help you keep fit too. Try vacuuming your whole house by yourself, washing your car, bedmaking, sorting laundry, mopping, washing bathrooms, ironing, etc. You'd be amazed at the workout you get from household chores.
Re: House Girl Sydrome by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 26, 2013
why do women like doing this - if someone wants a househelp let them have one - is it by force to be called superwoman.

this divide and rule that has infected the female gender is something else, what I have a problem with is a fully grown woman using a child as a maid not only is it child abuse but also immoral and no amount of spending six hours in church on a sunday and paying tithe is going to make it right.

1 Like

Re: House Girl Sydrome by damiso(f): 8:49am On Apr 26, 2013
Having domestic help is ok if you have a high pressure career and you have a husband who does not really help with chores.For us in Nigeria,we have been wired to think it must be house girl,some poor 13 yr old who has been brought to the house.You can get a cleaning person who comes in once a week and gets paid as such.I grew up with house girls but mum made sure we also did chore by the time i was 12 we stopped getting house girls.

I personally am not comfortable anymore with having a kid leave their home to often slave away for 12 hr days and also be burdened with childcare.I think its not fair.I know how mean house girls can be and my family was nice to helps.My parents used to treat them.like family but looking at things from their POV i can understand what it must be to be yanked from your parents to be taking care of another child whose parents are obviously more affluent than yours.Its psychologically draining for a teen or pre teen .So yes under age maids should be banned which i think it has but things are never enforced in Nigeria cos my friends still have young maids.

So no even if i lived in Nigeria(that's all my friends line)i would not have a maid.If i was soo stressed i would have washman,cleaning lady and my kids would be in creche or with my mum.I generally like having a clean house(all my friends joke that i have OCD)so house chores are not really a big deal for me.As you can see washman was no 1 on my list cos the only thing i hate(so does my husband but he is better so he does most times)is laundry cheesy

1 Like

Re: House Girl Sydrome by Orikinla(m): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
damiso: Having domestic help is ok if you have a high pressure career and you have a husband who does not really help with chores.For us in Nigeria,we have been wired to think it must be house girl,some poor 13 yr old who has been brought to the house.You can get a cleaning person who comes in once a week and gets paid as such.I grew up with house girls but mum made sure we also did chore by the time i was 12 we stopped getting house girls.

I personally am not comfortable anymore with having a kid leave their home to often slave away for 12 hr days and also be burdened with childcare.I think its not fair.I know how mean house girls can be and my family was nice to helps.My parents used to treat them.like family but looking at things from their POV i can understand what it must be to be yanked from your parents to be taking care of another child whose parents are obviously more affluent than yours.Its psychologically draining for a teen or pre teen .So yes under age maids should be banned which i think it has but things are never enforced in Nigeria cos my friends still have young maids.

So no even if i lived in Nigeria(that's all my friends line)i would not have a maid.If i was soo stressed i would have washman,cleaning lady and my kids would be in creche or with my mum.I generally like having a clean house(all my friends joke that i have OCD)so house chores are not really a big deal for me.As you can see washman was no 1 on my list cos the only thing i hate(so does my husband but he is better so he does most times)is laundry cheesy

Thank you.
Over 14 million children are used as domestic workers in Nigeria and millions of them are deprived of formal education and suffering whenever they are ill.
Those who have underage kids as housemaids and houseboys and not giving them good education are evil and wicked.
Re: House Girl Sydrome by ireneidiva(f): 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
Life is a choice. If i wake up one day and decide to get a cook because it stresses me out,fine! Can't employ an underage kid. If i decide to get a nanny so that i can concentrate on my job, fine! Making money and sending my kids to the best schools does not make me a lazy woman!

1 Like

Re: House Girl Sydrome by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
Let people live the way that suits them, even though I don't and won't do house helps,there is nothing wrong if you need them .
Re: House Girl Sydrome by Kanwulia: 1:39am On Nov 06, 2013
This OP has absolutely NO IDEA what 'it' is talking about.
It is either YOU did not grow up in Nigeria. . . OR YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY DELUSIONAL! cheesy
I think BOTH!
Re: House Girl Sydrome by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
cotton101: why do women like doing this - if someone wants a househelp let them have one - is it by force to be called superwoman.

this divide and rule that has infected the female gender is something else, what I have a problem with is a fully grown woman using a child as a maid not only is it child abuse but also immoral and no amount of spending six hours in church on a sunday and paying tithe is going to make it right.

gbam.you have said it all
Re: House Girl Sydrome by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
Kanwulia: This OP has absolutely NO IDEA what 'it' is talking about.
It is either YOU did not grow up in Nigeria. . . OR YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY DELUSIONAL! cheesy
I think BOTH!
gringringrin lmao you remind me of my friend nancy,who uses the word 'it' when she is referring to someone that annoyed her cheesy
Re: House Girl Sydrome by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 07, 2013
damiso: Having domestic help is ok if you have a high pressure career and you have a husband who does not really help with chores.For us in Nigeria,we have been wired to think it must be house girl,some poor 13 yr old who has been brought to the house.You can get a cleaning person who comes in once a week and gets paid as such.I grew up with house girls but mum made sure we also did chore by the time i was 12 we stopped getting house girls.

You've said it all, there is nothing wrong with getting help. What we need to concentrate on is stopping people from employing children as maids.

(1) (Reply)

A Little Advice Needed / Is It Advisable For Two Mother-in-laws To Stay In The Same House? / 80's And Early 90's Childhood Games And Toys. Great Memories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.