Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James (4629 Views)

Pls Beware Of These People Marketing Online Loans / I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde / Pls Beware! Uba Bank No Whahala Loan Turns To Whahala Loan!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Peaches90(f): 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
Fellow Nairalanders,
The person whose picture and name appears on this post is a big time random scammer that operates within Lagos, Abuja, Lokoja axis.
Information reaching me is that he's in Ilorin and attends COZA in Ilorin, I also heard he's in the choir... He uses the church boy facade to con unsuspecting working class people, then he disappears.
He scammed me out of 225,000 Naira, after I threatened to have him picked up, he paid 90,000 naira and has since disappeared. He still has my 135,000 naira as we speak. He's done it to several others and his siblings claim they've had to pay a couple of people off. He claims he works with Julius Berger as a civil engineer and lives in abuja. We only just found out he lives in ilorin, he's gone into hiding again. His picture and name has been posted on facebook and links are :

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4858635746591&id=1318073095&set=a.4858629706440.1073741826.1318073095&refid=17

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4858629746441&id=1318073095&set=a.4858629706440.1073741826.1318073095&refid=17

He's aware of the facebook posts but has gone off facebook again and switched his phone off. He can't defend himself 'cos other people are coming out to talk about their experiences with him.
Pls beware!

Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by overdrive(m): 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2013
Nature of Biz u did wt him or sorry what is his format?
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Enegod(m): 9:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
^^
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Gudiza(m): 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
. embarassed
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Peaches90(f): 12:04am On Apr 24, 2013
overdrive: Nature of Biz u did wt him or sorry what is his format?

He uses the social media, he simply offers to sell you stuff he claims he has or knows someone who wanna sell. Then he gradually gains ur confidence. And even meets чσu, then he manipulates you into paying part of the money, then he disappears. In my own case, he claimed there was a car, sumone he knew wanted to sell. So he manipulated me into dropping 225,000 naira as deposits, to secure it. He was going to deliver the car himself or get someone to bring it from abuja to lagos...he said. I actually would av given him more, cos he kept persuading me to. I didn't think any thing was wrong @ first, since he said he was working with Julius Berger and even showed me pictures. I even had sumone I knew in Abuja, who is also his friend on facebook ask around abt him,but she said she heard that he works with Julius Berger and lives in Abj. So I fell for it.

Well, he made away with the money. And he's been on the run...that's it. I understand he's done it to others. I'm yet to get info about the format he used on them tho'.
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by onatisi(m): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
this sort of thread should make the front page instead of pictures of ras kimono and his daughther.let the mods take this topic to the front page before another person falls into this fraudster trap
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by ifyalways(f): 1:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
Hmmmn .
I just dont understand why or how we keep feeding scammers
? do we get money that easy?

How did you pay the money,bank transfer?any proves?
You said you met him physically,did he come to Abuja or you to lagos?

Na wao for uzo waya. undecided
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by ifyalways(f): 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Btw,is he a nairalander
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Enegod(m): 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
onatisi: this sort of thread should make the front page instead of pictures of ras kimono and his daughther.let the mods take this topic to the front page before another person falls into this fraudster trap
seconded
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by ifyalways(f): 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
Bblak.Is this really you? shocked kiss
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by feminineA: 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
Where. You scammed on nairaland platform or on another platform Cause that information is crucial. And we need your story to be authenticated o. FXking and Surveyprof oya o
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by miqos02(m): 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
Peaches90:

He uses the social media, he simply offers to sell you stuff he claims he has or knows someone who wanna sell. Then he gradually gains ur confidence. And even meets чσu, then he manipulates you into paying part of the money, then he disappears. In my own case, he claimed there was a car, sumone he knew wanted to sell. So he manipulated me into dropping 225,000 naira as deposits, to secure it. He was going to deliver the car himself or get someone to bring it from abuja to lagos...he said. I actually would av given him more, cos he kept persuading me to. I didn't think any thing was wrong @ first, since he said he was working with Julius Berger and even showed me pictures. I even had sumone I knew in Abuja, who is also his friend on facebook ask around abt him,but she said she heard that he works with Julius Berger and lives in Abj. So I fell for it.

Well, he made away with the money. And he's been on the run...that's it. I understand he's done it to others. I'm yet to get info about the format he used on them tho'.
@op, how can you pay 225k for a product you have not seen, and by the way do you think the money you paid or agreed to pay was a fair value for the car in question?
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by lomzy1(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
ifyalways: Bblak.Is this really you? shocked kiss

You know him?
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by 222Martins(m): 5:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
Peaches90:

Assumption, the mother of frustration. Nothing destroys faster than assumption and unfortunately,...most people especially ladies live on assumption. "I thought", "I hoped", "I wished", "I prayed", etc.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by onatisi(m): 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
pls dont let us blame the lady too much,she didnt send any money to someone she hasnt met,according to her she met the man and even got in touch with someone to verify whether the person is legit or not,although i think their meeting must have had a dating undertone in it .if she didnt meet the guy at all that would have been a different case.
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Peaches90(f): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
He could be on nairaland, that's why I'm sending out the warning ('cos he uses social media like I said earlier). He was on facebook, but has recently either deleted his fb account, or set privacy settings, so no one can see him.
I didn't meet him on nairaland either...he was in my church choir(the apostolic church-and his mom is a respected deaconess- pardon my naïveté) when we were kids, that was why I trusted him. Call it foolishness or stupidity on my part( not everyone is streetwise).
Yes, it was a bank transfer, and I've reported him to the authorities. The other person he scammed just joined Nairaland and won't be able to reply to the thread till after 1 week or thereabout. He scammed a nairalander (me), I think its wise I warn other nairalanders. Btw , his msisdn is 08066871033. Would post his uba acct number too, just in case ( чσu never can tell)
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by ifyalways(f): 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
Seems you know him quite well. What's the family saying? They should be able to get him and make him pay you.

Once again, the name of the game na "cash and carry" for me. No trust, I sabi, I swear in Jesus/allah name, I believe etc.

Sorry OP.
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by onatisi(m): 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
when important issues or topic comes up these mods are very slow to react but if it is a picture of davido eating roasted corn it will make front page immidiately.
seun and his mods needs to understand how much ppl rely on nairaland for information and news.THIS STORY SHOULD MAKE THE FRONT PAGE NOW BEFORE THIS FRAUDSTER WRECKS HAVOC ON ANOTHER PERSON
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Peaches90(f): 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
Btw, his other victim that I spoke with is a lady too. Another lady also said she was @ the point of sending him money for a business deal she was supposed to have with him but she got contacted the other lady, that was what saved her. So, I'm guessing he scams women mostly ...for the guys, better safe than sorry.
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by miqos02(m): 8:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
ifyalways: Seems you know him quite well. What's the family saying? They should be able to get him and make him pay you.

Once again, the name of the game na "cash and carry" for me. No trust, I sabi, I swear in Jesus/allah name, I believe etc.

Sorry OP.
yea you are right
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by souleymon(m): 10:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
Peaches90: Btw, his other victim that I spoke with is a lady too. Another lady also said she was @ the point of sending him money for a business deal she was supposed to have with him but she got contacted the other lady, that was what saved her. So, I'm guessing he scams women mostly ...for the guys, better safe than sorry.

Not Funny but kinda
Does he sweet talk u girls.
He probably pick single ladies i suppose
Awon tin wa relationship+bizness
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by TheMadame(f): 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
Why people keep falling for these 419 scams beats me hollow.
I will see what I want to buy physically-that is just me.
@OP,
Provide evidence of payment-screen shots.
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
Peaches90 how far with the recovering of your money?
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Peaches90(f): 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
So, he's been calling my number and I eventually spoke with him about 15 minutes ago and he's begging that I take off all the posts on the internet, that he'll pay back middle of next month(begging with soo much desperation). If чσu're reading this too, tunde obafemi, I won't stop until чσu pay me back in full. Thanks for teaching me how to be wise

Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Peaches90(f): 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
bengreat: Peaches90 how far with the recovering of your money?

Thank чσu for asking..stil on it.
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
Peaches90:

It's unfortunate what our youths are turning to.
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
Peaches90: So, he's been calling my number and I eventually spoke with him about 15 minutes ago and he's begging that I take off all the posts on the internet, that he'll pay back middle of next month(begging with soo much desperation). If чσu're reading this too, tunde obafemi, I won't stop until чσu pay me back in full. Thanks for teaching me how to be wise

It means he is on Nl
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by onatisi(m): 7:16pm On Apr 28, 2013
bengreat:

It means he is on Nl
maybe someone told him , she has his pics , i dont think most of these guys know the implication of what they do at times ,
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
onatisi:
maybe someone told him , she has his pics , i dont think most of these guys know the implication of what they do at times ,

it's a pity
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by onatisi(m): 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
bengreat:

it's a pity
that is why it pains me where there are serious topics that need to make the front page but dont , seun and his mods still don't realize how far and wide nairaland reach is
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
onatisi:
that is why it pains me where there are serious topics that need to make the front page but dont , seun and his mods still don't realize how far and wide nairaland reach is

I hope she gets her money back
Re: Scam Alert: Pls Beware Of Tunde Obafemi James by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 28, 2013
Peaches90:

why not report him to his church authorities?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Business Partner Is Needed In Haulage Bussiness / Inflation Rate Declines To 15.37% In 2017 – Nbs / Digistore24 Account Opening In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.