Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,132 members, 7,953,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe (5407 Views)

Fuel Crisis: Queues To Disappear By April 7th- Kachikwu / APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General / Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by nep2ra(m): 8:59am On Apr 24, 2013
Okupe: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014

Says power supply will stabilise by 2014

Our Correspondents
The Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, Tuesday described the merger of opposition political parties on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as a weak association that would crumble and disappear by 2014, a year to the general election.

Okupe, who paid a courtesy visit to THISDAY corporate office in Apapa, Lagos, dismissed the view that the merger would rout the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the next election, noting that the forces behind the merger are not serious-minded people capable of causing a major upset in national politics.

While hinging his prediction on the projection that the president's joker, which is stable electricity, would have been attained by 2014, Okupe noted that if stable power which is critical to the opposition would be punctured and rendered ineffective.

“Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Maj-Gen. Mohammadu Buhari are not serious-minded people; they are going round like people dancing in a market place. I expect that when you post an aggregate of people of that calibre, who want to run government, by now they must have a policy statement on power, agriculture and employment and not just talking about PDP leaving.

"Is it by mouth that they will run the nation? These are not serious-minded people. Can someone get your vote by using word of mouth that PDP should leave without a policy?
“Tinubu has ridden roughshod over the South-west. But Nigeria is bigger than that. This is their first time out in national politics; alright, and let me give you some bad news: the relevance that ACN has in Nigerian politics is that they are a Yoruba party. That is what makes them relevant in politics and by dropping that toga, the party is dead.

"They have just formed an abyss; a formless abyss that the Yoruba cannot key-into. The Yoruba have always been members of a regional organisation – Action Group (AG) , Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), etc. And in any case, what are the electoral credentials of ACN? How many states have they won that they are boasting?

“They won Lagos; they won Oyo and they are boasting. The others, they got through the courts, and the masquerade is now out. In terms of electoral victory, these people have nothing to show.

"We gave them Ogun State. It was a donation! Out of six states that they have, they got three through judicial judgments. They have not really tested their electoral prowess and they now want to jump to the national platform.

“This is a party that is consistently unable to produce a presidential candidate from within its rank and file, consistently. And even this forthcoming 2015 election, they are planning to recruit Tambuwal; they never have people in their party that can run for the presidency.

“What kind of political party is that and you are taking them seriously. It is a politically defective and weak organisation, and by coming to the national stage, the wind is going to blow them open. If they don’t crumble and disappear by 2014, don’t call me Okupe,” he said.

The presidential spokesman, who dissected the power reform programme, explained that the problem with the National Integrated Power Projects (NIPPs) was the amount of money that was designated for the investment, adding that the money was not the type entrepreneurs in the country could aggregate.

“But when Jonathan came, five major problems bedevilled the power sector. One, there was low generation capacity. Two, was that the NIPPs, which required so much money, were abandoned. Three, even if they were working, they were located in places that were impossible for gas availability. Four, there was very poor transmission capacity and five, the indecisiveness involved in the privatisation exercise.

“In two years, Jonathan’s administration has solved four out of the five problems facing the power sector. Yes, we are not there yet but I can tell you the truth, because it will be difficult for ordinary people to know what is going on.

"The truth of the matter is that four of the challenges have been taken care of. The NIPPs – all of them are about 95 per cent complete and there is enough monitoring to ensure that this is done,” he said.

He pointed out the outstanding challenge was transmission capacity which is currently being addressed by the federal government.
Okupe, who also sought partnership with the media, admitted that the Jonathan administration needed help to survive.

“That is the truth. I am not hiding it. There is no government that has been more assaulted in this country. I have come to see if we can build a platform to help the country and this government.

"I am not saying that you should compromise your positions; I am just saying that you should give us the chance to clarify anything that you need to clarify.
“One of the reasons I am making this move is also to be able to go back to my principal and say these are the commitments that I have made and if we are going to succeed in this thing, I have to be allowed to fulfil these commitments,” he explained.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/okupe-apc-will-crumble-and-disappear-by-2014/145805/

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 24, 2013
Noise maker!

6 Likes

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by micklplus(m): 9:10am On Apr 24, 2013
Okupe and the presidency forget that, the presidency and the occupier belong to Nigerians irrespective of political affiliation.

Whenever APC, CPC, A.CN or any other parties say something, I think its not the duties of Okupe and or the presidency to be firing shots at parties. Parties to parties and presidency should deal with issues facing Nigeria and Nigerians.

We can't keep bringing the remaining honour that's left of the presidency down.

A.CN and any other parties can rant, fire shots and jump up and down, Okupe's party should respond if there's any need and not the presidency.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

6 Likes

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by nkemKalu: 9:14am On Apr 24, 2013
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS OKUPE?......SEEMS HE HAS TAKEN EPSOM SALT AND THE THING IS RUNNING HIS MOUTH. ANYWAY, LETS WAIT TILL 2014 IF THE OPPOSITION CRUMBLES THEN PDP WILL CONTEST AGAINST ITSELF....3RD TO COMMENT

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by redcliff: 9:16am On Apr 24, 2013
[size=17pt]DOYIN OKUPE, PLEASE SHU.TUP!!!
you, reno omokri, Nasir El-rufai, Dino Melaye, Osaze Odemwinge, Femi Fani-Kayode, and Tonto Dike[/size]

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by dridowu: 9:16am On Apr 24, 2013
Doyin Okupe, real noise maker
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 24, 2013
Let's wait and see
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by Phikom(m): 9:23am On Apr 24, 2013
okupe my foot....

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by tellwisdom: 9:25am On Apr 24, 2013
..And who da fvck is ogunfe??
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by sanbell: 9:28am On Apr 24, 2013
VERY FUNNNYY
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by Gbawe: 9:30am On Apr 24, 2013
micklplus: Okupe and the presidency forget that, the presidency and the occupier belong to Nigerians irrespective of political affiliation.

Whenever APC, CPC, A.CN or any other parties have anything to say, I think its not the duties of Okupe and or the presidency to be firing shots at parties. Parties to parties and presidency should deal with issues facing Nigeria and Nigerians.

We can't keep bringing remaining honour that's left of the president down.

A.CN and any other parties can rant, firing shots and jump up and down, Okupe's party should respond if there's any need and not the presidency.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

You are totally correct but can you expect a successful surgery when you deploy a carpenter to replace a qualified surgeon? This is the sad story of Nigeria i.e 'apprentices' everywhere and square pegs in round holes. The only result of that is what we are seeing now whereby a mediocre and unfit President gather a mercenary and worthless team who debase the Presidency daily and humiliate us Nigerians via portraying our ruling Party as one with nothing to do aside gossiping and b1tching effeminately against everyone and everything.

Achebe refused award, they insulted the old man. Ezekwesili ask for accountability and they ridicule her as a woman. Ribadu agreed to work for them and they turn him into the bad guy with the same Okupe rising up publicly to assassinate Ribadu's character merely because he delivered a report damning of the complicity of Okupe's paymasters in the looting of Nigeria's wealth. Now we have the formation of a strong alliance praised worldwide for its evolutionary progressiveness because of how it will make Nigerian politics stronger since the PDP will gain genuine competition knocking it off its comfort zone. Yet who has a problem with this aside the likes of 'chop and clean mouth' empty barrels like Okupe and their misguided co-travellers disturbing us here on this forum?

7 Likes

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by HAH: 9:31am On Apr 24, 2013
How I wish this Okupe guy will be kidnapped,flogged 24 strokes of cane naked then the video should be uploaded to youtube, then be realeased.

Irresponsible fat farting old man.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by Agbesky: 9:35am On Apr 24, 2013
whats wrong with this old fool ... he talks like a kid

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 24, 2013
Okupe is more retardeen than his Oga ontop self....

Electoral prowess is by riggin election @ the poll

and such rigging shd not be corrected @ the court of law.......

Okupe and tap-water mouth!!!

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by Toktee(m): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2013
He should ask fani kayode who iz no where to be found today,lets waite and see wether pdp or apc will crumble in the said year
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by ninja4life(m): 9:51am On Apr 24, 2013
I am really trying to have hope in dis gej government but it seems he is not even interested in his duties as d president of d country and dat he is only interestd i engaging opposition for media war wat rubbish dis is affecting d image of d nigerian presidency and its sad

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by bankole64: 10:09am On Apr 24, 2013
LET OKUPE CONTINUE TO RUN HIS MOUTH, 2015 IS FAST APPROACHING, LET WAIT AND SEE.
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by Omen100(m): 10:25am On Apr 24, 2013
nkem Kalu: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS OKUPE?......SEEMS HE HAS TAKEN EPSOM SALT AND THE THING IS RUNNING HIS MOUTH. ANYWAY, LETS WAIT TILL 2014 IF THE OPPOSITION CRUMBLES THEN PDP WILL CONTEST AGAINST ITSELF....3RD TO COMMENT

HE IS AN "ATTENTION LovePeddler"
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by vanstanzy(m): 10:32am On Apr 24, 2013
nep2ra: Okupe: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014

Says power supply will stabilise by 2014

Our Correspondents
The Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, Tuesday described the merger of opposition political parties on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as a weak association that would crumble and disappear by 2014, a year to the general election.

Okupe, who paid a courtesy visit to THISDAY corporate office in Apapa, Lagos, dismissed the view that the merger would rout the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the next election, noting that the forces behind the merger are not serious-minded people capable of causing a major upset in national politics.

While hinging his prediction on the projection that the president's joker, which is stable electricity, would have been attained by 2014, Okupe noted that if stable power which is critical to the opposition would be punctured and rendered ineffective.

“Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Maj-Gen. Mohammadu Buhari are not serious-minded people; they are going round like people dancing in a market place. I expect that when you post an aggregate of people of that calibre, who want to run government, by now they must have a policy statement on power, agriculture and employment and not just talking about PDP leaving.

"Is it by mouth that they will run the nation? These are not serious-minded people. Can someone get your vote by using word of mouth that PDP should leave without a policy?
“Tinubu has ridden roughshod over the South-west. But Nigeria is bigger than that. This is their first time out in national politics; alright, and let me give you some bad news: the relevance that ACN has in Nigerian politics is that they are a Yoruba party. That is what makes them relevant in politics and by dropping that toga, the party is dead.

"They have just formed an abyss; a formless abyss that the Yoruba cannot key-into. The Yoruba have always been members of a regional organisation – Action Group (AG) , Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), etc. And in any case, what are the electoral credentials of ACN? How many states have they won that they are boasting?

“They won Lagos; they won Oyo and they are boasting. The others, they got through the courts, and the masquerade is now out. In terms of electoral victory, these people have nothing to show.

"We gave them Ogun State. It was a donation! Out of six states that they have, they got three through judicial judgments. They have not really tested their electoral prowess and they now want to jump to the national platform.

“This is a party that is consistently unable to produce a presidential candidate from within its rank and file, consistently. And even this forthcoming 2015 election, they are planning to recruit Tambuwal; they never have people in their party that can run for the presidency.

“What kind of political party is that and you are taking them seriously. It is a politically defective and weak organisation, and by coming to the national stage, the wind is going to blow them open. If they don’t crumble and disappear by 2014, don’t call me Okupe,” he said.

The presidential spokesman, who dissected the power reform programme, explained that the problem with the National Integrated Power Projects (NIPPs) was the amount of money that was designated for the investment, adding that the money was not the type entrepreneurs in the country could aggregate.

“But when Jonathan came, five major problems bedevilled the power sector. One, there was low generation capacity. Two, was that the NIPPs, which required so much money, were abandoned. Three, even if they were working, they were located in places that were impossible for gas availability. Four, there was very poor transmission capacity and five, the indecisiveness involved in the privatisation exercise.

“In two years, Jonathan’s administration has solved four out of the five problems facing the power sector. Yes, we are not there yet but I can tell you the truth, because it will be difficult for ordinary people to know what is going on.

"The truth of the matter is that four of the challenges have been taken care of. The NIPPs – all of them are about 95 per cent complete and there is enough monitoring to ensure that this is done,” he said.

He pointed out the outstanding challenge was transmission capacity which is currently being addressed by the federal government.
Okupe, who also sought partnership with the media, admitted that the Jonathan administration needed help to survive.

“That is the truth. I am not hiding it. There is no government that has been more assaulted in this country. I have come to see if we can build a platform to help the country and this government.

"I am not saying that you should compromise your positions; I am just saying that you should give us the chance to clarify anything that you need to clarify.
“One of the reasons I am making this move is also to be able to go back to my principal and say these are the commitments that I have made and if we are going to succeed in this thing, I have to be allowed to fulfil these commitments,” he explained.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/okupe-apc-will-crumble-and-disappear-by-2014/145805/

SUMMARY O, PLEASE! shocked shocked shocked I don tire to read. Whats wrong with Doyin Okupe sef?? always speaking plenty grammer. Dem no teach am summary for school?
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by Omen100(m): 10:45am On Apr 24, 2013
Omen100:

HE IS AN "ATTENTION LovePeddler"

@MOD, I NEVER USED THE TERM LOVE-PEDDLER BUT ATTENTION-W.H.0.R.E angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

SERIOUSLY MODERATOR, YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE MY HAPPY FACE.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by skyfall: 10:56am On Apr 24, 2013
Who owns this GOAT bleating up and down?
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by emmasege: 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
Don't discard the words of Okupe. He made some sense and ACN or APC would have to prove him wrong thru their actions and choices in the days to come, b4 they can upstage PDP.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by samilo88(m): 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
This okupe must be well paid. He talks like someone who can take a bullet or even catch a grenade for GEJ
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by gerald09(m): 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
Such people like dis hav s*hit all over dem face cos of the constant a*ss licking. Duo he did make a valid point bout APC. Tiunbu n Buari have to clear plan on hw to take Nigeria away from PDP the still rely on bad belle-izm, Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥. All know that in d whole APC members only very few candidate which Nigerians wuld approve for dat position but I believe tiunbu n buhari hav an agenda n I don't fink improving Nigeria is part of that agenda cos y d hell wuld dey dangle a Northerner as a presidential candidate knowing that is will limit dere chances of winning. Even if this silly old man is just 1 of dem #200 p*ussies PDP keep around for di*ck sucking he still made a minor point.
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by Mkpotu(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
I am beginning to love Okupe. Prior to now it was Lai Mohammed & Fasakin that were attacking the Presidency anyhow. Probably Ima Niboro, not that he wasn't vibrant but a 1st timer in the game besides coming from a minority doesn't have the balls to unleash it back. He was removed & Abati also a 1st timer was appointed he could not give it hard back to them till somebody advised GEJ to route for Okupe since the game is no longer child's play. Okupe has not disappointed as he's always ready to give it back to whoever that wants to dance naked in the open market. He's experienced & not from the minority like Ima Niboro so he doesn't care whose ox is gored as he's ever ready to slot it out with any person. It is part of politics sha. Femi Fani Kayode did similar job for Obj then. Such persons like Okupe are needed when the tempo is higher and you do not have to watch your opposition rubbish you like son of nobody.
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by KGB2008: 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
He spoke well.Haters go and hug transformer
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by dbride: 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
Otinukpu must work for his salary, even if it means playing God.
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by glen87: 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
What's wrong in all he said. APC wants to hijack naija and make it a muslim country
Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by oreajayi: 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
Is it a matter of misplaced priorities, or since when did it become the responsibility of the president's advisors to predict the downfall of the opposition, as against reasonably defending the presidency's policies?

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by olayinka4real(m): 1:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
Pa Okupe! By the virtue of your position as the Senior Special Adviser †̥̥​ợ̣̣̇̇̇​ the Presidency,you should be more concerned with strategies aπϑ planning †̥̥​ợ̣̣̇̇̇​ render †̥̥​ợ̣̣̇̇̇​ the Presidency in order
To move the country forward aπϑ not †̥̥​ợ̣̣̇̇̇​ be used as α Mega-Phone(AHUJA SPEAKER) by presidency †̥̥​ợ̣̣̇̇̇​ disturb the audience of this country simply because of political parties merger, PLEASE GO aΠΘ KEEP YOURSELF BUSY!

1 Like

Re: APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe by ddeola: 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
Please can we stop giving this political jobber attention on this respected platform. The guy is just hungry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Islamic Terrorists In Iraq (ISIS) Did To Mosul Christians: Graphic Photos / Who Is This Chap Enjoying His Life In London? / Ijelespeaks Who Exposes Nnamdi Kanu Got This In 24hours - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.