Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,595 members, 7,847,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:22 PM

Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This (2817 Views)

Parents With Young Children And Phones / Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? / Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by biolabee(m): 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2013
Tashamania:

Nobody is criticizing anyone here. And I'll demand that the MODs of this section ban anyone who even tries to do that, seriously. We or rather, some of us here are just saying how we feel about the whole issue, just the way you could be saying something different from anyone else here.

So, stop trying to accuse any one of criticism. Please!

Fair enough this is a result of prevalent poverty
Some of these cases end up well but some not so well

May God Help US All
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
Acidosis: How about those 'poor' parents that give birth to 12 children? 8 girls & 4 boys.
Dad is no more.
Mum a trader (sells groundnut).

Sincerely, i know an akara seller that has 8 children in French curve manner. Unfortunately, they are all so dull academically BUT very beautiful and handsome. They all go to school with their torn and very dirty uniforms.

I am sure whenever an opportunity for a 'better life' in form of boy-boy or girl-girl springs up, their parents will gladly release them.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
Tashamania:

Believe me, i understand the circumstances that might surround the families of those who send their kids out.
But, I still stand up to the fact that sending these kids out isnt the best, not even to be counted.
These people we send our kids to would never train these kids or see these kids as you do. These kids can only enjoy parental love only when they are with their parents and that is what matters. I'm not saying that there arent very few good ones out there, all i'm saying is that no one can ever represent the role of a family in a childs' life except their rightful parents. No one can ever be like you. I'd rather eat stones and get maltreated or even beg for alms than giving out kids to other people to do for me. These are kids we are talking about here, kids!

I'm condemning nobody, just stating the obtainable. You might wanna refer to this previous post of mine for further details and to avoid repitition smiley

It depends on the family, really. Sometimes, outside help could be the better option. I'd rather a child is sent out to live with someone than stay with a family that doesn't care about his/her welfare. Unless the family is nurturing, living in poverty can have lifelong effects.

Rukemi291:

Sincerely, i know an akara seller that has 8 children in French curve manner. Unfortunately, they are all so dull academically BUT very beautiful and handsome. They all go to school with their torn and very dirty uniforms.

I am sure whenever an opportunity for a 'better life' in form of boy-boy or girl-girl springs up, their parents will gladly release them.
Exactly my point. Any opportunity that offers their children a brighter future, be it as an apprentice or a maid, they grab it. If the child equally feels like taking that opportunity, it's best you allow them or they'll forever hate you for denying them the chance of at least getting out of poverty. And all the parental love goes down the drain.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
debosky:

we should focus on stopping people having more kids than they can cope with - that's the only long term solution.

Excellent!
This situation Is like trying to kill a bannana tree.
The only approachable way isn't using a cutlass but killing the cells from the root.

In application to child abuse n misuse, the solution as u ve pointed is startn from the parents which is the root.

Its logical that once there are like one , two kids by these people. The rate at which kids are been giving out as househelps or what have u will be decreased.

Just like aluta continua says maybe a bill should be passed to that effect.

Go to the slums in india, the rate at which a child is abused is high. These childs are even used as s3x slaves and even more alarming is that their organs are being removed and sold for transplant.

Let's call a spade a spade, the parents are the cause of all these. Economic or financially, its not ENOUGH reasons to send out their children.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
biolabee: @ItsModella excellent posts!
Its easy to be an armchair critic but how many of us have even been to the SOS Village in Isolo to do our bit for the less privileged

I so shook my head when I read this

To be honest I dnt have to be in isolo before I could give a token of my love.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by coogar: 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2013
debosky:
I'm sure parents know the kids are their responsibility, but if they can't afford to take care of them, talking of responsibility at that point is medicine after death.

If the parents are unable to take care of the kids, then what? Like I said earlier, we should focus on stopping people having more kids than they can cope with - that's the only long term solution.

you are a hypocrite....
focus on stopping people having more kids and yet you are against abortion. focus on stopping people having more kids and yet you patronise these children hawking wares on the street thus contributing your own quota of child abuse.

what rights have you got to speak against the parents sending their kids to work as maids when your money is what motivates these parents to push their kids to work in the first place? you are as guilty as the parents. when one was the last time you refused to buy pure water from a child in lagos?

you people need some soul searching - every nigerian is guilty!

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by biolabee(m): 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
candygosh:

I so shook my head when I read this

To be honest I dnt have to be in isolo before I could give a token of my love.

Of course that much is clear
The point is that house girl youve seen maltreated what have we done to provide succour
That boy that needs 5k to complete his SSCE examination have we helped

Even here on NL, how many of us supported the TeHN drives

It is not about candy so calm down

No parent wants to send his child to any to care for
Economic realities determine otherwise
Dont forget Filipinos and Indonesians also go to Saudi to work
Do they like the holy land so much

calm down...
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by biolabee(m): 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar:

you are a hypocrite....
focus on stopping people having more kids and yet you are against abortion. focus on stopping people having more kids and yet you patronise these children hawking wares on the street thus contributing your own quota of child abuse.

what rights have you got to speak against the parents sending their kids to work as maids when your money is what motivates these parents to push their kids to work in the first place? you are as guilty as the parents. when one was the last time you refused to buy pure water from a child in lagos?

you people need some soul searching - every nigerian is guilty!

Instead of Abortion read birth control
If family planning methods and techniques are ubiquitous, the number of children being born will reduce also hence NGOs are working hard in various indigent communities with mothers to teach birth control

However generally some die hard guys believe children are a store of wealth and are against family planning
If I no get money like rich man, I go get pikin pass am LOL.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
biolabee:

The point is that house girl youve seen maltreated what have we done to provide succour

calm down...
Enough said. Life is hard and is always not fair, no be today. Survival is what is the most important. There is an adage that says "when there's life, there's hope." It's not a joke at all. Poverty is not a joke or something you understate. I don't see the point of "parental love" if you allow the child to die of hunger.

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
biolabee:

If family planning methods and techniques are ubiquitous, the number of children being born will reduce also hence NGOs are working hard in various indigent communities with mothers to teach birth control

However generally some die hard guys believe children are a store of wealth and are against family planning
GBAM GBAM GBAM!! Birth control, family planning. Those are things that need awareness especially from those in the lower class.

At the highlighted, na those ones dey find girl pikin pass. They believe they can make enough money off their marriage..bride price et al.

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
biolabee:

calm down...

Lol am not high!

If u must know, I do my best to make this kids feel loved.
I drop by these homes and do the little I can.
I waas even plannin this year july on my birthday. I specially wannaa share it with them, tho its goin to be my first birthday attempt aat doin such

So also I believe most nlders here do their own quota too... That doesn't mean we should ignore some vital things.

Other families have been through much worse and still do not send off their wards.

Take the ccase of my coursemate. She sees herself tru skool by doin petty jobs, she's not shy to walk up to the computer centre in skool to ask the owner if she could type on weekends to earn stuffs to take care of herself.
Her parents are trying to make sure they all get educated but situations have been tough.
If for one thing I commend her parents, its for the fact that she waas not sent off to stay with anyone in bid to earn money.
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by biolabee(m): 4:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
candygosh:

Lol am not high!

If u must know, I do my best to make this kids feel loved.
I drop by these homes and do the little I can.
I waas even plannin this year july on my birthday. I specially wannaa share it with them, tho its goin to be my first birthday attempt aat doin such

So also I believe most nlders here do their own quota too... That doesn't mean we should ignore some vital things.

Other families have been through much worse and still do not send off their wards.

Take the ccase of my coursemate. She sees herself tru skool by doin petty jobs, she's not shy to walk up to the computer centre in skool to ask the owner if she could type on weekends to earn stuffs to take care of herself.
Her parents are trying to make sure they all get educated but situations have been tough.
If for one thing I commend her parents, its for the fact that she waas not sent off to stay with anyone in bid to earn money.

Its ok and i like the story of the lady who is trying to earn an honest day's wage unlike some ladies out there
I hope she acheives her life goals
Your efforts may look small against the sea of need but it touches more lives than you know

Those families that do ok despite the odds may really be excpetions
I have toured some parts of this country in the south south and south east and I have seen poverty
It is not a funny sight

keep it up!
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by coogar: 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
biolabee:

how many rural women have access to birth control pills? the ones who have access to pills don't even take medicine because of their staunch religious beliefs. some women don't like birth control pills cos they are scared of the side effects. this is nigeria not texas!

the pertinent question remains - if we nigerians don't patronise these kids, the parents won't have anywhere to send them. if every nigerian refuses to accept the services of any child that should be in school studying, there would be no motivation from the parents to send them out to work.

i reiterate, every nigerian is guilty including the useless NGOs!
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
one of the things that help this situation is the increase of reproductive education for women and adequate access to family planning methods.

as for pimping out your children - I thank God for my life and life insurance
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by biolabee(m): 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar:

how many rural women have access to birth control pills? the ones who have access to pills don't even take medicine because of their staunch religious beliefs. some women don't like birth control pills cos they are scared of the side effects. this is nigeria not texas!

the pertinent question remains - if we nigerians don't patronise these kids, the parents won't have anywhere to send them. if every nigerian refuses to accept the services of any child that should be in school studying, there would be no motivation from the parents to send them out to work.

i reiterate, every nigerian is guilty including the useless NGOs!

Haba!
Well you are right
remove the incentive, the act will cease to exist

NGOs have helped sha in their own little way
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by biolabee(m): 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
ItsModella:
GBAM GBAM GBAM!! Birth control, family planning. Those are things that need awareness especially from those in the lower class.

At the highlighted, na those ones dey find girl pikin pass. They believe they can make enough money off their marriage..bride price et al.

Its a thriving business in India where some regions have more males than females sadly due to female foeticide
cheesy
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Dumkele1: 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
Do not have more children than u can cater for.shikena
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
Mods its time to push this to fp
Enough of tonto dikeh drink garri et al
Let's get more views on this

1 Like

Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
candygosh: Mods its time to push this to fp
Enough of tonto dikeh drink garri et al
Let's get more views on this

LMAO@ Tonto Dikeh drinks garri.
Abi, let's have new ideas.
Enough of the same word going round and round already. undecided We need different views on this
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 26, 2013
Tashamania:

LMAO@ Tonto Dikeh drinks garri.
Abi, let's have new ideas.
Enough of the same word going round and round already. undecided We need different views on this
U know that's the trending thing on nl.
Plus those that put up photos with celebrity!
Re: Giving Out Young Children (girls) As Maids - Your Take On This by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 26, 2013
There r lots of pple today dat became somebody not bc dey lived with anybody but bc they were determined not to turn out like their parents.most pple that live with pple,how many r sent to uni? Only primary and yeye public second sch.some after d harsn treatment they received from their madams and sirs,decide to better their lives by working hard.most parents r very lazy!no excuse is ok for u to send ur child to go and suffer hell all bc u want to better their lives.what wrong with ur hand and leg? Others in worst situatns workd hard,d children helpin but u want to bundle ur own and give out as maid.even awaitin some incentives also!ignorance and laziness has eaten deep into our bone!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heartless And Adulterous Husband, Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Marriage: A Way For Most Nigerian Women To Escape Poverty? / I Keep Seeing This Happen Only In Nigeria, why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.