Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! (261996 Views)

(PIC) - Is This The New Trend On Wedding Day? / Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions / Wedding Planning Palaver. Pls Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
@ armourpure, a valentine wedding! Sweet.

Me thinks that since the trad and white are on 2 separate days, the colors should be different!!! Here's why.

Your friends buy red and champagne asoebi for traditional and you want them to buy red and champagne asoebi for white, the following day, albeit a different design. This wouldn't be fair!

My Suggestion - in keeping with the spirit of valentine, retain your champagne and red theme for the 14th. The couple and friends can still use the same color but the difference will be, one color will be dominant for one and the other color dominant for the other. For example, if the couple's dominant color is champagne, the friends and family will be dominant in red.

For your white wedding, look for another color combo then add a touch of red to it.

This way, your color theme is not cliché and boring!

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Yvete(f): 12:57am On Oct 30, 2013
Okay ladies, I noticed most brides opt for simple round bouquets. Is there a reason?

Please I need a second or third eye on these cascading bouquets. I'm in the final leg of preparations and want to stand out from my B-Maids (with small round bouquets) so I'm leaning towards these teardrop style. The purple one is my style, but I fear its too L-O-U-D for a wedding while the white one is too plain with orchids, and the feathers put me off. What do you think? ...too dramatic? grin Thanks.

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Keji3: 6:03am On Oct 30, 2013
Hello beautiful people pls help out b4 I commit fashion blunder, my aso-oke is orange and beige orange buba and gele and ipele while my wrapper is beige with touch of orange, but instead of d beige or orange beads,shoe and purse i'm thinking of royal blue beads with touch of orange and royal blue shoe and purse. Mind not made up so pls I want ur constructive advice. Thanks I tried 2 attach pictures but it's too large
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 6:30am On Oct 31, 2013
Yvete: Okay ladies, I noticed most brides opt for simple round bouquets. Is there a reason?

Please I need a second or third eye on these cascading bouquets. I'm in the final leg of preparations and want to stand out from my B-Maids (with small round bouquets) so I'm leaning towards these teardrop style. The purple one is my style, but I fear its too L-O-U-D for a wedding while the white one is too plain with orchids, and the feathers put me off. What do you think? ...too dramatic? grin Thanks.

You don't have to go this dramatic. Some pictures of elegant cascading bouquets shown below

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 6:33am On Oct 31, 2013
'Keji :
Hello beautiful people pls help out b4 I commit fashion blunder, my aso-oke is orange and beige orange buba and gele and ipele while my wrapper is beige with touch of orange, but instead of d beige or orange beads,shoe and purse i'm thinking of royal blue beads with touch of orange and royal blue shoe and purse. Mind not made up so pls I want ur constructive advice. Thanks I tried 2 attach pictures but it's too large

Your combination is ok, as far as I am concerned
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Keji3: 7:26am On Oct 31, 2013
Thanks Sassygal u are the best
sassygal:

Your combination is ok, as far as I am concerned
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 02, 2013
sassygal: @ armourpure, a valentine wedding! Sweet.

Me thinks that since the trad and white are on 2 separate days, the colors should be different!!! Here's why.

Your friends buy red and champagne asoebi for traditional and you want them to buy red and champagne asoebi for white, the following day, albeit a different design. This wouldn't be fair!

My Suggestion - in keeping with the spirit of valentine, retain your champagne and red theme for the 14th. The couple and friends can still use the same color but the difference will be, one color will be dominant for one and the other color dominant for the other. For example, if the couple's dominant color is champagne, the friends and family will be dominant in red.

For your white wedding, look for another color combo then add a touch of red to it.

This way, your color theme is not cliché and boring!

Thanks for the suggestion dear.
Actually, there won't be aso Ebi for the traditional. the aso Ebi will be for the white wedding. Can you suggest any matching colour that can be added? Thanks once more.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by nwapastor: 9:15am On Dec 05, 2013
My colour is blue n yellow (trad) which colour will be better for scarf/aso-oke n which will be better for d attire?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 9:56am On Dec 05, 2013
nwapastor: My colour is blue n yellow (trad) which colour will be better for scarf/aso-oke n which will be better for d attire?

Preferably this beneath;

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 10:05am On Dec 05, 2013
It's just my choice though..which could be based on the fact that I like 'em catchy things, hence my choice for the predominant yellow.

Where are our other brides-to-be? No December weddings? smiley

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by nwapastor: 12:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thank u Rocktation wedding colour is white, red n gold how shld I combine it?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
For white wedding? Well, I'm thinking groomsmen; white suits on red shirts, red ties and red pocket squares.
Bridesmaid; red dress with touches (or an average proportion) of white, gold sashes and ribbons, white gloves (if they so desire)
Groom; Black suit on white shirt, red tie and a red pocket square.
But the white though...You may have trouble convincing people to do white suits. undecided
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by BabyPosh: 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
@ nwapastor,you can always incorporate the white colour in you decor rather than get people to wear it,as rocktation mentioned,gettin people to wear white might be a bit difficult and tacky.let d bridal train wear red dresses wiv a touch of champagne,cud be their sandals/hairfascinators.the groomsmen with black suits,white shirts and red or champagne pocket square wud look dapper.here's a pic of a fellow nairalander wedding recently proudly decorated by me

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by BabyPosh: 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
More pics

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 10, 2013
i love this setting babyposh,,pls what would it cost to get such decor
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by BabyPosh: 10:53am On Dec 10, 2013
You can reach me on 07034743243 or doyinposhevents@gmail.com
BBpin:265ACB95 OR you can send me your contact so I can call you
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by SmashingM(f): 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
Wonderful thread. Very informative. Please I'm wearing blue wrapper with peach colored blouse and head-tie (as seen in the attached picture). can i use orange/gold colored neck-piece? Please what color of shoes/handbag should i use bearing in mind that there are some silver stripes in my wrapper an i wouldn't want to really pronounce the silver since its not part of my color combo. Thanks very much.

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
No, you mayn't use orange neck piece. Use coral, if you wanna go off. On the other hand, silver is preferable to gold.

And no, I wouldn't want the silver either, if the neck piece would not be silver. Use blue shoes with purse or peach purse and shoes. You cannot go wrong.

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
hijayoma: i love this setting babyposh,,pls what would it cost to get such decor

With red, one's always a winner. Good work, babyposh!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by SmashingM(f): 2:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
@Rockstation, thanks very much. Googgling coral now.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Keji3: 11:47am On Dec 16, 2013
Hello Ladies...thank u all for ur wonderful contributions,my wedding was dis last Saturday and everybody liked my colour combo all thanks to understand. I'll post pictures soon.

2 Likes

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
Awwww, congratulations!!!!! I knew we're gonna have december couples here. You look superb. Classy and very unique.. This is great and I can't wait to see more updates like this in the near and far future...from others of cos. cheesy
Congrats again Keji and remain one with the lucky guy.

2 Likes

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Yvete(f): 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
'Keji :
Hello Ladies...thank u all for ur wonderful contributions,my wedding was dis last Saturday and everybody liked my colour combo all thanks to understand. I'll post pictures soon.

Awww ... Absolutely stunning bride! Great smile. grin Happy married life.

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Yvete(f): 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
sassygal: You don't have to go this dramatic. Some pictures of elegant cascading bouquets shown below

Thanks Sassygal. May God bless your hustle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Event Planners, Pls Update Your Contacts. / 12 Historic Grisly Photos That Will Churn Your Stomachs If Fainthearted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.