Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? (18590 Views)

Present Your Pry Sch Certificate Before Getting Salaries-osun Govt Tells Workers / Photo Of Nigeria's Leaders: Past And Present. / The Records Of All Living Ex-leaders Past And Present - at a glance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Yornandrew: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
BEST- Yar Adua (2007-2010). He was a very honest leader
Buhari/Idiagbon (1983-1985) was O.K

WORST- ABACHA Regime(1994-1998) & IBB Regime (1985-1993)
Obasanjo and G.E.J's regime also

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Afam4eva(m): 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2013
casiraghi: Zik was not a former Nigerian leader,he was a ceremonial president it should be replaced with aguiyi ironsi
Nobody asked for the best head of state. The term Leader is not limited.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by onila(f): 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
Abacha-my best-he protected the bakassi

OBJ-worst-he dashed away our bakassi peninsular

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by anonimi: 1:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
GEJ is the best in terms of economic & political policies leading to greater transparency and re-activation of comatose sectors.

IBB is the worst for doing almost nothing but entrenching the "settlement" syndrome and perpetuating himself in office until he was forced to step aside.

In terms of sleek, smooth charisma that yields feel-good-effect ONLY, the best will be IBB while the worst may be GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Lilimax(f): 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
Deiok: worst abacha . Best not yet.
None! They have all failed us. They all contributed to the predicament of this country. They will surely be paid in their own coin dead or alive. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by dusty84(m): 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2013
buhari has always been my best nigerian leader eveer,cos he is discipline and courageous but if not for his islamic fundamentalism i wud vote for buhari any day any time...
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by miqos02(m): 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
none of them
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by debetmx(m): 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
onila: Abacha-my best-he protected the bakassi

OBJ gave away bakassi? Britain had already given away bakassi before OBJ was born

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by devour129: 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
yuzedo: My favorite is Future President Chief General Senator Sir Rt. Hon. Dr. Yuzedo Sweetus Oyoyo (GCON, JP, SAN, ESQ, ETC ETC).... Vote for me, and free PUNNY is no.1 on my manifesto for ALL NL members! wink wink wink
Except 190! angry angry angry
and what do you have for the ladies ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Jidmic(m): 2:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best-Nnamdi Azikwe.

Worst-Abacha.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Onoru1(m): 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
My Best is General Sani Abacha {Because of his vision 2010. Planning that by year 2010 An average Nigerian will have a 2 or 3 bedroom flat. He builds the largest Estate in west Africa {Gwarimpa Estate at Abuja which obasanjo sold during his regime.}

Worst Leader in Nigeria History is Jonathan Goodluck: During His first two years as president of Nigeria. His expense and his tenure consumptions is more than what Nigeria spend for 11 years 1999 to 2010. He embezzle all he met in Nigeria foreign reserve, and he started borrowing. yet we achieve nothing. than smokes air.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
onila: Abacha-my best-he protected the bakassi

Sharrap
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by creativej: 3:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
Lilimax:
Don't tell me you are blind. Shagari picture is there wearing his military uniform shocked. I don't know Aguiyi Ironsi tongue
na u blind pass, na yakubu gowon u dey take as shagari
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by dulphines: 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
You forgot Abdusallami Abubakar.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Maxymilliano(m): 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
They are all my best ...
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by showgolee(m): 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
worst=Sanni Abacha
Best= Olusegun Obasanjo, take it or leave it shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by IGBOSON1: 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
$25 million:
Best Abacha
Worst Shagari

^^^Dude, you must be living in a parallel universe......your reasoning is back to front!
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by batstan(m): 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
best; IBB worst; DA DRUNKEN FISHERMAN Ibb: built many infrastructures we're enjoying now and used intellects. Oga joe: clueless ;Dbest; IBB worst; DA DRUNKEN FISHERMAN Ibb: built many infrastructures we're enjoying now and used intellects. Oga joe: clueless
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Lilimax(f): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2013
creative j: na u blind pass, na yakubu gowon u dey take as shagari
It show say you no no Buhari shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by stjohn1: 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
egat: I love all ef em... first to comment
hnnm! NIGERIA good land bad people...
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by cr7lomo: 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
kayci_d77:
One 0f ur relative must have been one of IBB's criminal

am sorry but i dont agree with u on this. burahi is definately the best because he killd corruption and dealt with those democratic criminals that looted us down. obasanjo is the worst tin dat has eva happened to this country, check out our economy since abacha died.

obasanjo increased fuel from 13 naira to 70 naira during his time b4 yaradua reduced it slightly

dollar was btw 70 and 80 naira when obj entered and it increased to 140/150

what of nepa, at least we cud manage small light but now nepa is nw almost constant darkness so as our roads

corruption is now a way of life in naija, he neva fought corruption only created efcc to tackle his enemies

bringin GSM in2 the country is no achievement because any oda president wud hav don dat and dont 4get dat the former *555*1 dat naija mtn customers were using to reload was a fraud as the *1* was his commission and that lasted till he left d office. obj is d biggest criminal dat naija has eva witnessd tho he was coding his activities. i am not tribalistic but he made yoruba people look bad as dat was the 1st time dat a yoruba man wud b given power and he messd up heavily. his d reason y we r suffering nw and fela said it dat obj is a very wicked man of all leaders dat he has seen, he said his even worse dat ibb

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by EagleNest(m): 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
[b]
Best: None (because none of them laid any legacy for Nigeria to flourish)

Fair: (1)Murtala
(2)Buhari/Idiagbon (Attempted to lay down a good foundation though in a harsh manner)

Bad: (1)OBJ (Brute and bullish, third term, manipulative and abit lawless, encourages God-fatherism)
(2)Yar'Adua (fairly good heart, a bit weak, go-slow, favouritsm, Ibori)

Worst: (1)IBB (Chief Corruption General - he legalized corruption & very slipery)
(2)Abacha (Nigeria version of Idi Amin - intolerant and very mean)
(3)GEJ (Immature, lacks wisdom and weak)

Others: (1)Ironsi/Gowon/Shonekon (filled the gap when the nation was under verge of collapse)
(2) Zik/Belewa (Paddled the ship post colonial and did not understand the true dynamics of Nigeria)
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by juman(m): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
Hmmm, from the people's comment so far:

Why do we have one nigeria when the nigerian generals knew that they were not capable of building a viable and prosperous nation?? Why??

When they knew that they were retarrdeens they should have let the country break up.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Dreal1247: 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
Jarus: Best: Buhari

Worst: Abacha

Rating:

1, Buhari - discipline and fight against corruption
2, Murtala - discipline, decent economic policies
3, Yar'adua - reversal of pump price of petrol, declaration of asset etc
4, Obasanjo (civilian) - like him or hate, father of modernn Nigeria
5, Obasanjo (military)- handed over to civilian
6, Tafawa Balewa/Azikwe - build modest international diplomatic reputation for Nigeria
7, Gowon - avoided balkanization (now, I'm going to receive knocks for this)
8, Shagari - Good man, bad leader. Lacked balls to fight NPN hawks
9, Ironsi - not much
10,Shonekan - not much
11,Babangida - free for all corruption
12, Jonathan - free-for-all corruption, in-your-face actions
13, Abacha - Killed too many people, too brutal
Ps Buhari is not the 1 who fought corruption, but Tunde Idiagbon. That is why it is called Buhari-Idiagbon regime unlike any other regime. That is why the coup was only successful when he travelled leaving Buhari behind. THE MAN OF THAT GOVT WAS TUNDE IDIAGBON.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Dreal1247: 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
Jarus: Best: Buhari

Worst: Abacha

Rating:

1, Buhari - discipline and fight against corruption
2, Murtala - discipline, decent economic policies
3, Yar'adua - reversal of pump price of petrol, declaration of asset etc
4, Obasanjo (civilian) - like him or hate, father of modernn Nigeria
5, Obasanjo (military)- handed over to civilian
6, Tafawa Balewa/Azikwe - build modest international diplomatic reputation for Nigeria
7, Gowon - avoided balkanization (now, I'm going to receive knocks for this)
8, Shagari - Good man, bad leader. Lacked balls to fight NPN hawks
9, Ironsi - not much
10,Shonekan - not much
11,Babangida - free for all corruption
12, Jonathan - free-for-all corruption, in-your-face actions
13, Abacha - Killed too many people, too brutal
Ps Buhari is not the 1 who fought corruption, but Tunde Idiagbon. That is why it is called Buhari-Idiagbon regime unlike any other regime. That is why the coup was only successful when he travelled leaving Buhari behind. THE MAN OF THAT GOVT WAS TUNDE IDIAGBON.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Integrafamoo: 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
Boko Haram is ruling not Jonathan. The man is too good to rule a turbulent country like ours
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by isuomo: 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best ke? none but if a knife is put to my throat to choose then Gowon.

Worst? by country mile clueless Jonathan and is band of Otuoke drunken fishermen and sailors.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by naptu2: 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
debetmx:

OBJ gave away bakassi? Britain had already given away bakassi before OBJ was born

+100
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by munaco: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
I think the best was Abacha to me because of his economy policy and how stable the economy was, Pls neglect the killing which was transparent, but looting in different govt ministry was minimized (except in his family) and his policies to me is like u work u get paid and no bribe cos he did not want challenges.Pls u can go against me
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
Worst: Sanni Abacha

Best: Olusegun Obasanjo

Ernest Shonekan made the list? For reals?
Wetin im do apart to warm bench.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by juman(m): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
munaco: I think the best was Abacha to me because of his economy policy and how stable the economy was, Pls neglect the killing which was transparent, but looting in different govt ministry was minimized (except in his family) and his policies to me is like u work u get paid and no bribe cos he did not want challenges.Pls u can go against me

Bros, you just need to fine tune yourself and become another comedian. You make me laugh a lot. grin grin grin

You are not serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Borno Village, Scores Feared killed / Why We’re Disbursing Abacha’s Loot To Lift Up People– Buhari / The Moment Buhari Signed ₦17.127 Trillion 2022 Budget Into Law (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.