Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? (18589 Views)

Present Your Pry Sch Certificate Before Getting Salaries-osun Govt Tells Workers / Photo Of Nigeria's Leaders: Past And Present. / The Records Of All Living Ex-leaders Past And Present - at a glance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by naptu2: 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best: Maman Vatsa

Picks up a chair and smashes it on his knees, shattering it to pieces. "Is this what you want our children to sit on?" Grabs a desk and tosses it on the floor. Contractors and journalists were running helter skelter as the FCT minister destroyed substandard classroom furniture.

Worst: Olagunsoye Oyinlola (Mr "there's no asphalt" ). I would never have believed that Awolowo Road could possibly be in such a terrible state.

(I deleted the preamble and explanations. They were too long).
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
dusty84: buhari has always been my best nigerian leader eveer,cos he is discipline and courageous but if not for his islamic fundamentalism i wud vote for buhari any day any time...
SO A MANS RELIGION IS MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU THAN HAVING A DISCIPLINED AND COURAGEOUS LEADER ? LIKE I HAVE ALWAYS SAID AND FROM READING THIS THREAD, NIGERIANS DESERVE THE LEADERS THEY HAVE. BUHARI IS MANY PEOPLE BEST BECAUSE OF DISCIPLINE AND HONESTY BUT MOST SAY BECAUSE HE IS AN ISLAMIST FUNDAMENTALIST THEY CANT VOTE FOR HIM. OKKKKK
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by MrTAnonymous(m): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
cr7lomo.:

am sorry but i dont agree with u on this. burahi is definately the best because he killd corruption and dealt with those democratic criminals that looted us down. obasanjo is the worst tin dat has eva happened to this country, check out our economy since abacha died.

obasanjo increased fuel from 13 naira to 70 naira during his time b4 yaradua reduced it slightly

dollar was btw 70 and 80 naira when obj entered and it increased to 140/150

what of nepa, at least we cud manage small light but now nepa is nw almost constant darkness so as our roads

corruption is now a way of life in naija, he neva fought corruption only created efcc to tackle his enemies

bringin GSM in2 the country is no achievement because any oda president wud hav don dat and dont 4get dat the former *555*1 dat naija mtn customers were using to reload was a fraud as the *1* was his commission and that lasted till he left d office. obj is d biggest criminal dat naija has eva witnessd tho he was coding his activities. i am not tribalistic but he made yoruba people look bad as dat was the 1st time dat a yoruba man wud b given power and he messd up heavily. his d reason y we r suffering nw and fela said it dat obj is a very wicked man of all leaders dat he has seen, he said his even worse dat ibb
100000000000000 likes
u r d 1st person dat said sumtin reasonable,i didn't want 2 comment bt i couldn't resist wat i saw in ur post,obj disappointed d yorubas,created efcc in order 2 fight his enemies,sold almost all government parastatals,encouraged corruption and also killed innocent ppl,tank God he was nt given d 3rd chance,coz it wuld av been xo disastrous.
Goodluck is also clueless,no positive results in Nig.,also encourages corruption
Best xo far,no 1 bt i stil go 4 muritala,during his 6month tenure,he stopped corruption,d first president to fire mur dan 500 corrupt officials n yaradua,declaration of asset,denouncing godfatherism,reducing fuel's price
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by MrTAnonymous(m): 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
Apart 4rm awolowo,i respect ojukwu 4 wat he tried 2 do den,he said dere s no hope in d gov.den n d future gov.bt ppl misunderstood him thinking he wantd 2 b a leader,i once hate him myself bt later i saw wat he ws talking bout,if nig av broken up then,dere won't b much problems lik we r having 2day,so sad
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by 32D: 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
kemoolala:

oh boy u no go kill person here wit laughter o INU NBI AWON IGBO indeed. no be only obasanjo dey vex igbo Awolowo too dey vex dem right from d gravegrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hahaha once dem hear awo name e dey always do dem like make dem killlll all of us frm south west
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by walybouy(m): 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best- murtala mohammed.....Worst- goodluck corruption state pardon jonathan [/color]:[color=#006600]
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by nuclearboy(m): 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
In 2015, two of these people will "possibly" be on the ballot!

IF this thread is a pointer, Aso Rock will receive a new occupant then! Interestingly, I sincerely believe he won't use Aso Rock if indeed such happens
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by tiab: 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best: General Yakubu Gowon.
Worst:The father of corruption and a proficient druglord- General Ibrahim Gbadamosi.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by solopumpy227: 6:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best : Buhari
Worst of of the worst : President Goodluck
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by howfarwhatagwan: 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2013
I was young in the era of some and didn't care a lot about stuff like this when some also ruled so can't say but as a fully aware adult now.... Obasanjo is my favourite. My worst for now is GEJ but maybe the worst is yet to come truly and GEJ may no longer be the worst. However, from what I hear IBB led us to the point of corruption we are now...
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by meforyou1(m): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
Has nigeria produced a leader worth liking? Only like IBB for his charisma but none for policies and actions
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
Nnamdi Azikiwe was a ceremonial Head of State, while Tafawa Balewa was the Head of Government. Therefore, Azikiwe was never a Nigerian 'leader'.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best - Obasanjo
Worst - Babangida
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by naptu2: 7:43pm On Apr 25, 2013
CFCfan: Nnamdi Azikiwe was a ceremonial Head of State, while Tafawa Balewa was the Head of Government. Therefore, Azikiwe was never a Nigerian 'leader'.

Nnamdi Azikiwe was Nigerian and he was a leader. He was the leader of the NCNC. He was the Leader of The Opposition in the Western Region House of Assembly. He was Premier of the Eastern Region. He was the President of the Nigerian Senate. He was also a leader of the Nigerian nationalist movement.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by searay(m): 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best= Abacha: I just love him, he was always decisive in his action. A man of his own. How I wish he was still the President, Bakasi would have been intact..
Worse= Gowon: why? Because he forced two uncompactible individuals to remain as one. What a fake unity!.

Worst= Buhari: why? I just hate him, i don't like him. I said I don't like him, una no hear? Him too gree die for power. Because dem comot am for presidency him wantcome revenge. Imo
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by agentM(m): 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2013
well when late colonel.Ojukwu attended Awolowo's burial he wrote in the condolence register and i quote"Awolowo was the best president Nigeria never had".Well since he never lived to be president I will give a thumbs up to late Gen.Abacha and late Umar musa yar'Adua
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
Tafawa Balewa was humbled, easy going n honest. I B B was d worst thief so far
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Ngenge(m): 9:53pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best-MURTALA MUHAMMED Worst-MUHAMMADU BUHARI. Reasons,I heard murtala ruled well. Buhari toppled a democratically elected govt but ridiculously,he has d effrontery to contest elections thereafter. Buzuzu,cum nd win now
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best is Obviously gonna be me
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2013
naptu2:

Nnamdi Azikiwe was Nigerian and he was a leader. He was the leader of the NCNC. He was the Leader of The Opposition in the Western Region House of Assembly. He was Premier of the Eastern Region. He was the President of the Nigerian Senate. He was also a leader of the Nigerian nationalist movement.

You are right. I thought the thread was meant for Nigerian Heads of Govt.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by ikweremilitant: 1:17am On Apr 26, 2013
Slyr0x: [img]http://4.bp..com/-nTq5UABv2fc/UXkDVgI3Q8I/AAAAAAABok4/5RI0TCVqAoY/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

From top left: Yakubu Gowon, Ernest Shonekan, Murtala Mohammed, Umar Musa Yar'Adua, Ahmadu Bello, Goodluck Jonathan, Olusegun Obasanjo, Ibrahim Babangida, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Sani Abacha and Muhammadu Buhari.

Rate them from 1 to 11. And if your favorite and worst isn't listed here, just name them...

http://lindaikeji..com/2013/04/nigerian-leaders-past-and-present-whos.html
op why was ironsis pix not included is it delibrate or sheer stupidity or malicious ignorance
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 26, 2013
[/color][color=#006600]. All of them have similarities. Believe it or not they are the causes of faithful Nigerian's plight.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by otenku: 10:24am On Apr 26, 2013
BEST:BUHARI.Nigeria's major problem is corruption!any leader that's bold enof to tackle it headlong,would have solved 70 perc.of our prblm. WORST:GEJ. So much xpectns from Nigerians but little or nothing to show.Tell me just one promise he has fulfilled.....clueless!
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by 1stola: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2013
onila: Abacha-my best-he protected the bakassi

OBJ-worst-he dashed away our bakassi peninsular

[size=23pt]The old f00l didnt dashed it away, He SOLD it and kept the moneey to himself. wicked man[/size] angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by debetmx(m): 11:54am On Apr 26, 2013
1st ola:

[size=23pt]The old f00l didnt dashed it away, He SOLD it and kept the moneey to himself. wicked man[/size] angry angry angry

He sold it to whom?
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2013
If you are in ur mid 20s and above and yet choosed Obj as d best, then it is a pity.
IBB corroupted Nigeria but Obj widen d gate of corruption. it will take years to ammend.Obj is evil and i repeat he is evil.What was Obj's achievement as the president for 8years?Some mugus said GSM and i laughed.
But he conived with these companies to exploit Nigerians and i will prove it.Simcard then was sold at #40K.
He is an unrepentant evil incarnate.
Then who is my best?None
potential best?GCFR Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Dstar4u(m): 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
Pray: The worst may be yet to come.
You just said my mind.
The worst, if care is not taken, is yet to come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti APC Chieftain Opeyemi Bamidele Returns From London [photos] / Igbos Have So Much In Lagos, Can’t Think Of Attacking It ― Ohanaeze / APC Primaries: Osinbajo Has Majority Of Party Members On His Side – Ajulo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.