Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? (18588 Views)

Present Your Pry Sch Certificate Before Getting Salaries-osun Govt Tells Workers / Photo Of Nigeria's Leaders: Past And Present. / The Records Of All Living Ex-leaders Past And Present - at a glance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by timecop28: 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2013
NigerianAsshole: Best: Abacha
Worst: GEJ
Asshole leleyi o
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by christokuty: 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best:zik nwanne grin,worst Abacha
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Kingslaw(m): 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
The BEST is yet to come.
The WORST is Abacha and Gowon.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
Jarus: Best: Buhari

Worst: Abacha

Rating:

1, Buhari - discipline and fight against corruption
2, Murtala - discipline, decent economic policies
3, Yar'adua - reversal of pump price of petrol, declaration of asset etc
4, Obasanjo (civilian) - like him or hate, father of modernn Nigeria
5, Obasanjo (military)- handed over to civilian
6, Tafawa Balewa/Azikwe - build modest international diplomatic reputation for Nigeria
7, Gowon - avoided balkanization (now, I'm going to receive knocks for this)
8, Shagari - Good man, bad leader. Lacked balls to fight NPN hawks
9, Ironsi - not much
10,Shonekan - not much
11,Babangida - free for all corruption
12, Jonathan - free-for-all corruption, in-your-face actions
13, Abacha - Killed too many people, too brutal
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by crackhaus: 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
lmao.. See comparism of men cut from the same cloth. It's like trying to figure out a choice between getting a Rotweiller or a Pitbull, they both guard well...they can be both protective of their territory as well, but neither of them is gonna come into the house to make use of the toilet.. cheesy cheesy , always expect to see shit littered on your porch, lawns and garden.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Tunjman(m): 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
Guy, you captioned Tafawa Balewa's photo as Ahmadu Bello's...Abeg, edit.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Sanfoaster: 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
All of them are bad except maybe Yar'Adua
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by NigerianAsshole(f): 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
timecop28:
Asshole leleyi o
its my opinion, hey my dad was a soldier then. What do you expect? And yes, i am an a$$hole
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
Jarus: Best:yet to come
Worst: Yar'adua- totally naïve & ignorant of d workings of governance

Rating:

6, Tafawa Balewa/Azikwe - build modest international diplomatic reputation for Nigeria
9, Ironsi - not much
10,Shonekan - not much
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Adekay2011: 1:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
BEST: OBJ MY MAN ANY DAY

WORST: ABACHA

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Deiok(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
worst abacha . Best not yet.
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by adeokunade: 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
Buhari is the best and Obasanjo is the worst, Obj pretended dt he loves NIG more any other person, he s majorly responsible for this country s misfortune. Just look @ the way he positioned an unfit[YAR] and amediocre[GEJ]to succeed. This country has spent the last six years in doldrum and this men are still trying to put this country in mess after they might have gone. It is time for us to resist that. It notjust greed again it is shared wickedness

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best = buhari (anti corruption)
Worst = Gej (pro corruption)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by omo9ja1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
History reveal Nigeria was great Nation, So I am going to narrow the list down to 25yrs leaders

TOP of my list will be - Buhari

Bottom- Abacha
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by miftah: 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
GEJ worst of all worst(no shoe president,no declaration of asset),babangida d main maradona(shop i shop president),Obasabnjo (mr i no do anything but u dey make call), Yar`adua (the gentility pressy, fuel pump price reveted,declare asset),shonekan (i no c anything wey in do)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by HAH: 1:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
My preference below

1, Buhari- discipline and corrupt free
2 Obasanjo- father of modern Nigeria
3.Yaradua- too sick to rule
4.Gej- dull, cant fight corruption but humble
5.IBB- corrupt but smart
6- Abacha- Mad dictator though I like vision 2010
7Abdulsalami- mumu but handed govt civilians
8 shonekan- was just used there nothing to show
9 Shagari- Mumu as if he gave birth to Gej
10- Murtala - I was an infant no comment
11 Gowon - they said he started corruption though I wasnt born so no comment
12 Ironsi- they said he was an ethnic warrior though wasn't born so no comment
Balewa- they said he was humble and not corrupt though was not born so no comments
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by vicade(m): 1:21pm On Apr 25, 2013

Rating:

9, Ironsi - not much
10,Shonekan - not much

I stand to be corrected but there has been more unsolved murders during the Obasanjo and PDP Led Government than the Abacha Government. Bola Ige and a whole host of others were murdered. Abacha Killed Saro wiwa and the Ogoni 8. Bad and Brutal as that was, Obasanjo wiped out the town of Odi.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odi_massacre About 2000 civilians were killed.

People have this bad perception about Abacha. Read this thread to get an alternative view of Abacha https://www.nairaland.com/823498/sani-abacha-honest-one-nigerias

Abacha built Gwarimpa Housing estate and appointed competent hands in various ministries. Even Buhari served under abacha as PTF Chairman. He created more states etc etc. Abacha is a lesser evil tongue

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by houstonia(m): 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best : Buhari as of then, dunno What a nigga be capable of now tho.

[color=#000099][/color]worst: Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida. Even the church isn't enough salvation for this bruver's life.

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Evestar200(f): 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
Worst you,,best me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by coogar: 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2013
best - IBB(brilliant economic policies)
worst - OBJ(clueless, idiotic, worthless)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by uchechrist(m): 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
My fellow NIGERIA, I must to ressure you all as a matter of urgence!! Every leader listed have done one thing or other!! Either Positive or Negative, but, upon all this percament, We will not bowe to the dangerous mistake they have made!!! We don't want anyone to remain in the past, duo We must use the past inorde to correct the aborable mistake & erro committed by those past business men" but for the moment, Pls remain committed as a good NIGERIA!!! Finally, keep watching- keep hope- keep praying & keep focusing for the GOOD IS NOT OKAY ENOUG! THE BEST IS LET TO COME!!!!!!! I HAVE A DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by kemoolala: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
32-D:
[size=16pt]BEST: Chief Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Inu-n-bi-awon-Igbo Obasanjo

WORST: General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida[/size]

oh boy u no go kill person here wit laughter o INU NBI AWON IGBO indeed. no be only obasanjo dey vex igbo Awolowo too dey vex dem right from d gravegrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
Can somebody tell me why AWO is not on this list tongue
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Napolitano(m): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
Best - Buhari & Murtala
Worst - Shagari & Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar: best - IBB(brilliant economic policies)
worst - OBJ(clueless, idiotic, worthless)
One 0f ur relative must have been one of IBB's criminal

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by kemoolala: 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
As for me the best is MARADONA himself while the worst is BADLUCK JONA
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by felixtare(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
$25 million:
Go school you no gree

Guy u dey vex ooo,I no fit laugh
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by coogar: 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
kayci_d77:
One 0f ur relative must have been one of IBB's criminal

why don't you just shut up and concentrate on your own choice?
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
GEJ remains the best 2nd only to Gowon.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
General Sani Abacha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by samabashiy46: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2013

Rating:

9, Ironsi - not much
10,Shonekan - not much

Nice rating generally though Abacha is still my "Last General". As per d killings; I believe we experienced even more killings during the successive civilian govts. Cheers bro
Re: Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst? by onila(f): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
Abacha-my best

OBJ-worst

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House / Senator Saraki Submits Nomination Forms (Pictures) / Ekiti APC Chieftain Opeyemi Bamidele Returns From London [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.