Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? (11174 Views)

Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? / Must A Guy Kneel Down To Propose To A Lady? / A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by BlackTy(m): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2008
Hey Guys, This is the topic was discussed before it was discontinued due to a fight.

What do you guys think?? Should a guy kneel down when he is proposing marriage to his woman ??

Personally, i think a guy should be polite and do it right. If it takes kneeling down, then go ahead. A man should have known what his woman want ahead of time, that's what courtship is for !! cool
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by SweetT1: 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2008
Like i said before, make sure you do it right because it's one of the few most important times of ones life. Grab your woman's hand, look straight into her eyes and softly say to her "Hey sweetheart, Ever since i have met you i have met happiness. You have brought so much sunshine into my life, my joy has knew no boundary and i just wish we can make this friendship a lifetime, will you be my wife"?? Ones she says yess, lift her up in your arms and get a taste of sugar.

This is only if you mean and not for fools who thinks proposing is a game. NOT FOR CLOWNS !! grin tongue
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Cadet(f): 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2008
shocked

@post
He berra. and be happy to kneel too
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by iice(f): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2008
Not required. . .
If he wants to, good for him and her
If he doesn't want to, good for him but maybe not her

It all boils down to how much he wants to please her.
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by MrPerfect1(m): 4:42pm On Apr 12, 2008
It is only a foolish man that will kneel down to propose marriage. what is in vogue now is e-proposing. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by bigfather(m): 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2008
iice:

Not required. . .
If he wants to, good for him and her
If he doesn't want to, good for him but maybe not her

It all boils down to how much he wants to please her.

TRUE YARNS !
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Jackal1(m): 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2008
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage?

Kneel down? The whole act looks FAKE to me.

1 Like

Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Steroid101(m): 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2008
Why kneel down, are you begging her to marry you? Marriage should be a mutual agreement, she supposed to be begging you to marry her too. If she don't have any feeling for marriage with you, then she is not the woman. Unless, if there is an extraordinary reason why she did nt want to commit, like religion then you can beg. Apart from that a man should be a man and not a weak vessel.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 12, 2008
It's romantic to kneel.
All these macho men around here sef.
mine didn't kneel and I still said yes lipsrsealed
It's oyibo custom.

Our typical  ancient African culture back in the days,the woman is not even told she's getting married.
Everything is done behind her back.
They tell the little 10 or 12 year old she's going to help an older woman take care of chores only for her to arrive as a second wife and at night,a 45 year old man wants to kill her with his blokoss.

1 Like

Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by annboga(f): 7:38pm On Apr 12, 2008
If a guy does not kneel down while proposing to me,i won't say a YES to his proposal,
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by CURIOUST(m): 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2008
o girl, u nefa serious,

1 Like

Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by CURIOUST(m): 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2008
can someone tell me the point of kneeling down?

1 Like

Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2008
Rofl.
you may miss out on good guy if you're looking for one on bended knees.
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by CURIOUST(m): 7:42pm On Apr 12, 2008
does this mean they'll be together for ever or there 'll be no cheating in the relationship.
, Why does a guy need to beg for proposal,

1 Like

Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Akpeno: 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2008
I t depends on the couple,

The man should know what will "trip" his woman. Some women could not care less as long as the man proposes  wink

Others want the whole nine yards, flowers, romantic avenues, soft music, horse and carriage, etc etc.

So if the guy is with a woman who demands romantic experiences, then kneeling is definitely expected.
Otherwise, guys do what you think is required to get the woman you love to marry you.  cool
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by TheSly: 7:46pm On Apr 12, 2008
Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage?
En Oh = NO!!

1 Like

Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 12, 2008
CURIOUS T:

does this mean they'll be together for ever or there 'll be no cheating in the relationship.
, Why does a guy need to beg for proposal,

why do some people kneel to greet their elders?
is it because they're begging them to accept a  common good morning ?
No
It's respectful
It's showing honor
that's all the kneeling is.
You men should stop making a mountain off a molehill.
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2008
Mr Perfect:

It is only a foolish man that will kneel down to propose marriage. what is in vogue now is e-proposing. grin grin

and it's only an immature man that'll say this.
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by CURIOUST(m): 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2008
true talk BlackTy,  but not an obligation that a guy must be on bended knees when proposing just to show how he loves her,
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by goodiyke(m): 8:05pm On Apr 12, 2008
well i don't think it is important but it should be romantic in nature.plz don't reject a guy because of not kneeling down.u might be missing ur luck.
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Jackal1(m): 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2008
Any woman expecting me to kneel before she says YES will have to wait for ETERNITY.
Weak bones, sagging breasts, grey hair and avalanche of wrinkles. grin grin grin
Kneel me foot!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2008
its not a must dat he should kneel down wen proposing ,some people say its romantic,i agree but sometimes words can be more romantic than actions,there is a way he'll pop d question wt very romantic words,dat believe me kneeling will not be as romantic as d words,d words believe me,will be far more romantic dan kneeling, trust me wink wink
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by aloib(f): 5:22am On Apr 14, 2008
lol, my bf better not do that to me sha, i personally dont like it jare,
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by bobbyxxx1(m): 11:29am On Apr 14, 2008
Never.
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by handsombob(m): 11:48am On Apr 14, 2008
SOMETIMES I THEY TIRE FOR SOME PEOPLE YARNS ,
FOR A GUY TO NEEEL DAWN AND PROPSE FOR HIM WOMAN DEPEND ON HAW THE TWO OF THEM DEY CLOSE REACH. AND TO NEEL DOWN FOR UR WOMAN NA PART OF THE RELATIONSHIP RESPECT WAY EVERY BODY SURPPSE THEY GET FOR HIM WOMAN.COS THEM SAY NA AS YOU TAKE PUT YOUR BED NA SO YOU TAKE SLEEP UN TOP.COS ALSO DATING, COURTING AND MARRIAGE GET ETHICS WAY WE GO USE THEY FOLLOW EACH OF THEM. SO TO CONCLUDE , TO NEEL DOWN TAKE PROPOSED TO YOUR WOMAN IM DEY VERY IMPORTNT,COS EACH TIME YOU REMEMBER THAT SINERIOOOO HIM GO MAKE THE LUV MORE STRONGER.
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by princeonx: 3:58am On Apr 19, 2008
Onyenkuzi! what if we dey for dinner? I go come drop fork, drop knife, fold my pant! all in preparation to kneel down ask my partner if she go marry me? I wonder if marriage was never in your topic during courtship! una been dey yearn like brother and sister?
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by StephenP(m): 6:13am On Apr 19, 2008
It depends on the moment I propose and what we are doing. If she wants me to I will though.
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by bawomolo(m): 7:31am On Apr 19, 2008
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by saucekid(m): 11:00am On Apr 19, 2008
@ poster
and why would i want to do that?
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by NaJaHaJe(f): 10:48pm On Apr 19, 2008
Not only kneel down. . . . . . . kissssss da floor as well!!!!!!! grin grin grin I am a queen!!!! grin grin grin (ma head must be really big right now) grin grin
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2008
kneeling is not compulsory,neither will otherwise make d guy less romantic,if he wants to fine,if not he should just say d right words,simple
Re: Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2008
LOL! that was in those days, you beg a woman to marry u. but today? they beg you.bt think of it, whatif as you are kneeling down,she is secretly videocaming you,

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is What Brazilian Wax Looks Like On The Female Private Area(photos, 18+) / SA Plus-Size Lady Causes A Stir On Twitter As She Proudly Flaunts Her Body (Pix) / A recently married Nairalander, shares her Maternity Photoshoots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.