Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:30 AM

Why Do Dematerialization Of Shares Take A Hell Of Time? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Do Dematerialization Of Shares Take A Hell Of Time? (1363 Views)

Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE / Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker / Listing Of Shares On The NSE Should Be Voluntary - MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Dematerialization Of Shares Take A Hell Of Time? by gentlegg(m): 3:55pm On Apr 12, 2008
Why do I have to wait for months to dematerialize my shares?

Since early January I sent my Oceanic bank shares for dematerialisation through a broker as I want to dispose it and raise fund, but till now the broker keeps telling me that is not done yet.

I kept back other ones to myself hoping to use it as collateral to raise fund elsewhere as I wait for the Oceanic dematerialisation, but I've come to know that the share certificates are almost worthless now unless dematerialised into a CSCS account as it has been fruitless effort trying to use them as collateral.

I've now decided to send all the share certificates for dematerialization, but my great worry is how long will it take to get them done, as I really need to raise fund from them sooner.

Please any help on how to dematerialize shares within a possible shortest period of time.
Re: Why Do Dematerialization Of Shares Take A Hell Of Time? by megastu(m): 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2008
I am interested in your Oceanic Bank shares. mail me at mibisnow@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Why Do Dematerialization Of Shares Take A Hell Of Time? by MyPeace(f): 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2008
my intercont certificate took my broker about 3months. l learnt it takes about 3 - 6 months. so take am easy with ur broker.
Re: Why Do Dematerialization Of Shares Take A Hell Of Time? by Seun(m): 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2008
But why should it take that long? Why must everything be so inefficient in this country? sad
Re: Why Do Dematerialization Of Shares Take A Hell Of Time? by madeonline(m): 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2008
Because the registrars are almost burried in papers as we speak now. They work shifts, with foams in last floors in their offices, yet they cannot "overpower" the doucments!

I guess we have to bear with them and ensure that we have regular signatures and proper documents in place before sending our documents through our brokers.

We could also ask our brokers for scaned copies of our "CDF" and get across to registerars electronically. It is faster.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Information Concerning Trust Fund Investment Network And How Real Are The / Q3 Results Of Some Listed Companies On The Floor Of NSE / 3 Easy Ways To Survive The Present Financial Meltdown In The Nigerian Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.