Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN (17675 Views)

Buhari, Time We Stopped Lying To Ourselves - Abimbola Adelakun / FG Sacks FAAN Director, Another Director’s Job On The Line. / Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by toshacer: 8:33am On Apr 27, 2013
Amaechi getting more popular than the President? Some people think from their butt holes.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Tolexander: 8:34am On Apr 27, 2013
nameo:

Why do you always sound stu.pid whenever you post a comment?? And to think that you are a married FEMALE!

Sorry, but that is what I have noticed about you
that is too harsh to someone that never insulted you. You need learning to respect people which i think used to be part of home training.
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 27, 2013
Tolexander: you better stop laughing before you exam supervisor sees you nairalanding in the jamb exam hall. All the best sister!
This year is your year in Jesus name!
Have you seen the expo i sent to your phone?
your brain travel? me write JAMB? the last time i wrote JAMB was in 1999 .I guess you were still in primary school then abi?

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 27, 2013
Tolexander: that is too harsh to someone that never insulted you. You need learning to respect people which i think used to be part of home training.
you dey mind am? bomb dey im head. I have noticed him already.
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Tolexander: 8:47am On Apr 27, 2013
berem: your brain travel? me write JAMB? the last time i wrote JAMB was in 1999 .
na lie. That is when you started. Don't worry. This is your year, you will make it this time!

Me dey primary school when? No be me supervise that Jamb you did in 1999!

Amechi isn't serious at all(i don't want to be banned for derailing the thread)

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Emyogalanya: 10:04am On Apr 27, 2013
Na today he no dey declear manifest na now wey he get prob una want stop him plane politicks
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by figment232(m): 10:08am On Apr 27, 2013
berem: abi o! Amaechi is becoming famous while our presido is becoming more clueless and stewpid.

how are you darling ? I have missed you badly . wink
Just like Atiku was popular during the OBJ era.
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Akpaife(m): 10:08am On Apr 27, 2013
splashbaby: This is like Obasanjo and Atiku feud...
When will u guys leave obasanjo alone
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by adconline(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2013
Amaechi stole Rivers money to buy a private jet and nobody is complaining. All we care for is why his jet was not cleared by FAAN. Major roads in PHC are in horrible condition!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 27, 2013
figment232: Just like Atiku was popular during the OBJ era.
exactly!
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 27, 2013
eko ilee: Irrelevant till we hear Amaechi's side of the story.

Is anyone still harbouring doubts that Amaechi has become a thorn in the flesh of the presidency.
I certainly wouldn't want to be the one who predicts the next act in this play of larger theatrical proportions.

Viewer's comment: Up to this point, "thriller in the Delta" has proven to be more engaging that the "Atiku vs OBJ" saga

The two sides to the story of the grounding of Gov. Amaechi’s aircraft

by Stanley Azuakola

On Friday, Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers travelled to Ekiti for the final burial rites of the late Ekiti deputy governor, Funmi Olayinka. His aircraft was parked at the Akure Airport in Ondo state. When the ceremony was over and it was time for the governor to leave, he was reportedly blocked from doing so and for two hours, between 6pm and 8pm, his aircraft was grounded at that airport.

In fact one report said that the speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, finally offered to fly Amaechi to Port Harcourt. It was only while they were airbound (about five minutes later) that Amaechi’s aircraft got the needed clearance.

One side of the story is the victimisation theory.

It’s hard to look at the rate at which Amaechi gets into the news over one clash or the other with the presidency, and not conclude that he’s being witch-hunted by Aso Rock (remember that Leadership newspaper report?)

This argument is lent more credence when one listens to narration of what happened by a source familiar with the event. As reported by The Nation, the source said:

“The governor and his aides were returning from the burial of the Ekiti State Deputy Governor , Mrs. Funmi Olayinka in Ado-Ekiti.
[b]
“When we got to the airport at about 6 pm, we discovered that our plane was grounded. They said that NAMA (National Airspace Management Agency) said we did not get clearance before landing.

“The crew explained to the governor that due process was complied with. We later got in touch with the NAMA Chief Executive who was incoherent and could not be of help.

“He said the agency had nothing to do with the grounding of the aircraft and that we should get in touch with other aviation agencies.

“While the drama was going on, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal, who was at the airport, decided to intervene. Tambuwal said his aircraft would not take-off until the governor’s plane was cleared.

“After two hours, we were eventually cleared for take-off from the airport. We left at about 8 pm.

“It is sad that political matters are degenerating to this level.”

This version made no mention of any manifest or technical requirement that had not been fulfilled. All it took to resolve the matter was a political intervention by the astute speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal.

Amaechi’s chief press secretary, David Iyofor, also corroborated this angle
[/b].

“We were just there standing at the airport for almost two hours without any concrete reason for the delay. Our pilot fulfilled all the requirements for landing and take-off. They obviously made up this story that we did not meet some requirements,” he said.

But only yesterday, the governor had said that there are no issues between him and the president.

READ: Yeah, Right: Gov. Amaechi Now Claims That Rift With Pres. Jonathan Is A Creation Of The Media

So if it’s not political, then the other side of the story is the safety theory.

Basically the argument of Ministry of Aviation officials is that Amaechi did not comply with new safety rules which requires that his aircraft manifest be released to the aviation authorities before takeoff.

If indeed the governor’s crew refused to hand the manifest over, what exactly did they intend to gain by that move?

The Special Adviser to the Minister of Aviation on Media, Mr. Joe Obi, however insists that that was the case.

He said: “The Rivers State aircraft was not grounded at the airport in Akure as being insinuated. What happened was not supposed to be an issue at all.

“As part of new aviation regulations, any aircraft taking off is supposed to make its manifest available to the aviation authorities for the purpose of record keeping.

“We have had incidents in the past where it was difficult to know the people on board a particular aircraft. The rule now is that you must present the manifest before you take off, whether it is a private or commercial aircraft.

“So, in Akure, they demanded for the manifest of the aircraft carrying Governor Rotimi Amaechi, and in the typical Nigerian system or attitude, they started asking why they must make the manifest available.

“At the time this thing happened, they had not even asked for start up. That is, they had not got in touch with the Control Tower for take- off.

“When the manifest was produced, the aircraft was cleared accordingly. We could not have delayed or grounded the aircraft, having noticed that there is no heavy lighting at Akure Airport for night traffic.

“We did not have issues. It was just normal operational procedure.”

Supporting Obi’s claims was public affairs manager of the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency, Mr. Supo Atobatele.

“Akure Airport closes at sunset because it is a daylight airport,” he said, “When Tambuwal’s aircraft arrived, he called NAMA headquarters and informed them he was in Akure for a burial and that his flight would leave by sunset.

“In accordance with regulation, his pilot filed his flight plan and the manifest of the flight. But Amaechi’s flight neither filed a flight plan nor declared a manifest. They arrived at about 3.30pm, after attending another burial in Owerri.

“It took Amaechi’s pilot 20 minutes to file the plan and manifest,

“So he failed to follow operational procedure on safety and security. It is a standard procedure across the world. The argument about being delayed for two hours is not true because the aircraft must have left the airport before 7.00pm because Akure does not have airfield lighting.”

Whose report do you believe?

Source
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by chucky234(m): 10:23am On Apr 27, 2013
We all know that GEJ is always a clueless goon but that is certainly not enough reason for Amaechi to form Rambo at the airport as if he is above the laws,this is Naija and its about time those governors begin to respect themselves.
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by chucky234(m): 10:27am On Apr 27, 2013
berem: your brain travel? me write JAMB? the last time i wrote JAMB was in 1999 .I guess you were still in primary school then abi?
Mama free am I go handle the animal for you
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by ekoilee: 10:28am On Apr 27, 2013
I didn't believe their lies for a second. So why didn't they tell Tambuwal all the lies about following the rules and due process...?

You can not trust these ashol rock liars and clowns...
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by figment232(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2013
chucky234: We all know that GEJ is always a clueless goon but that is certainly not enough reason for Amaechi to form Rambo at the airport as if he is above the laws,this is Naija and its about time those governors begin to respect themselves.
BASTARD! you are even more clueless
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Elueme: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2013
berem: abi o! Amaechi is becoming famous while our presido is becoming more clueless and stewpid.

how are you darling ? I have missed you badly . wink
This dude must be so jobless. I doubt your marital status because a woman married by a man can't be this ras and careless talking. At least your child ought to make you busy
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Tolexander: 11:03am On Apr 27, 2013
chucky234: Mama free am I go handle the animal for you
you don miss road abi na your road missed you!
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 27, 2013
Elueme: This dude must be so jobless. I doubt your marital status because a woman married by a man can't be this ras and careless talking. At least your child ought to make you busy
Elueme stick to the topic and stop being deluded. stop attacking my personality. did i ever disclose to you my marital status? stop attacking me unnecessarily biko!
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 27, 2013
chucky234: Mama free am I go handle the animal for you
lol! how you dey chucky? grin
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Elueme: 11:27am On Apr 27, 2013
berem: Elueme stick to the topic and stop being deluded. stop attacking my personality. did i ever disclose to you my marital status? stop attacking me unnecessarily biko!
Nwane! I won't stop o. I want the best for you so gonna be on you to make you realize who you are and your identity. Insults not intended but your take on the president is uncalled for and unnecessary.
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by solopumpy227: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2013
GEJ/PDP are, unwittinglly, advertising Rotimi Amaechi value to all. I used to "just like" Amaechi before but now I am loving him. He is demonstrating strong character, superior will, and progressive tendencies.

He has gotten himself into the rhelm where he does not have to fight for himself anymore goodwill people will always jump to his side. He sleeps and other Govs will fight his course. GEJ will ground his plane Tambuwal will happily give him a lift. He will be suspended bt PDP and APC WILL GIVE HIM THE V.P SLOT.
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 27, 2013
Elueme: Nwane! I won't stop o. I want the best for you so gonna be on you to make you realize who you are and your identity. Insults not intended but your take on the president is uncalled for and unnecessary.
you want the best for me? you are not my father Elueme. I have noticed how you constantly attack me because i speak my mind. I have every right just like you to say how i feel about Jonathan's government. I must not lick your azz or that of Jonathan's and pretend all is well. If you think both of us have scores to settle, my email is available. we can always do it there. just let me be.
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by kaaycee(m): 11:47am On Apr 27, 2013
I dnt what business FAAN got wit flight plan, its a NAMA business, NAMA have not issued a statement on that yet. and nobody has d right to stop any flight dat has all documents needed to take off complete, so,the FAAN man should STFU grin
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by batstan(m): 11:50am On Apr 27, 2013
figment232: BASTARD! you are even more clueless
slow down dude grin
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Elueme: 11:56am On Apr 27, 2013
berem: you want the best for me? you are not my father Elueme. I have noticed how you constantly attack me because i speak my mind. I have every right just like you to say how i feel about Jonathan's government. I must not lick your azz or that of Jonathan's and pretend all is well. If you think both of us have scores to settle, my email is available. we can always do it there. just let me be.
nwane no be quarrel o. You can speak your mind but it should be done with good sense of humour and a level of decorum. We are africans, hence a culture that believes in moderation and respect. I may not further reply you as far as this topic is concerned and your point is however noted. I will email you if necessary.. One love
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Elueme: 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
solopumpy227: GEJ/PDP are, unwittinglly, advertising Rotimi Amaechi value to all. I used to "just like" Amaechi before but now I am loving him. He is demonstrating strong character, superior will, and progressive tendencies.

He has gotten himself into the rhelm where he does not have to fight for himself anymore goodwill people will always jump to his side. He sleeps and other Govs will fight his course. GEJ will ground his plane Tambuwal will happily give him a lift. He will be suspended bt PDP and APC WILL GIVE HIM THE V.P SLOT.
No body is advertising Amaechi but him advertising himself by unnecessarily being too bold and confrontational. Amaechi is selling because all opposition to the president within the PDP and outside the PDP now easily find a good ally in him. He's on a very dangerous adventure because his games can make him or totally destroy him and I think he knows this himself. I was surprised when Amaechi was reportedly to have said the rift with the president is a media creation. He has never hidden it to people who meet him physically and in Feb, he spoke passionately about it when some of us met him on an official mission in Rivers State. Amaechi is strong willed and visionary though some of his ideas maybe high fallouting( that makes him my kind ) but he's very wrong by picking a quarrel with the president and for the wrong reasons. What is happening is political and most people may not understand. I will watch from a far but I doubt if he will survive this.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by onatisi(m): 12:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
Elueme: No body is advertising Amaechi but him advertising himself by unnecessarily being too bold and confrontational. Amaechi is selling because all opposition to the president within the PDP and outside the PDP now easily find a good ally in him. He's on a very dangerous adventure because his games can make him or totally destroy him and I think he knows this himself. I was surprised when Amaechi was reportedly to have said the rift with the president is a media creation. He has never hidden it to people who meet him physically and in Feb, he spoke passionately about it when some of us met him on an official mission in Rivers State. Amaechi is strong willed and visionary though some of his ideas maybe high fallouting( that makes him my kind ) but he's very wrong by picking a quarrel with the president and for the wrong reasons. What is happening is political and most people may not understand. I will watch from a far but I doubt if he will survive this.
he should learn from the mistakes of atiku,the president is a powerful person and that post gives him immense power to build or destroy any politician he so wishes.the first thing the c in c ,will do will be to take the party from his hand,set the efcc after him and make sure that everyone avoids him.
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by Erhuvwu1: 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
Ears that refuse to heed advise, is cut off with d head at the appropriate time. I hope all those hailing Rotimi now, will stick with him when d chips are down. Can u imagine a local govt Chairman challenging Rotimi?, he would be crushed. Only last week d Chairman of Obi/Okpor lga was brazenly removed by the state's house of assembly over some trump up charges and Rotimi hurriedly swore in one of his stooges. Rotimi's attitude is an affront to the peoples of the south south, a show of arrogance by the north and a manifestation of d usual bigotry of d west. He is now d darling of d west and north because he is fighting Goodluck. The leaders of d south south should call him to order asap. Those beating d drum for him, have no regard for him, all they want is a fall guy dat will derail d president nd dey hv found it in Amaechi. Which sane person from d same region with a sitting president would want to run as a vp candidate?. Sincerely speaking, Amaechi is going mad.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by wwwkaycom(m): 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2013
These guys are busy making an enigma out of this Amaechi guy daily, I am beginning to like him.
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by onatisi(m): 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2013
wwwkaycom:
These guys are busy making an enigma out of this Amaechi guy daily, I am beginning to like him.
he is bound to fall ,it is just a matter of time.and when he does noone will talk about him again.not even the opposition that are hailing him now.in POLITICS THERE ARE NO PERMANENT FRIENDS BUT PERMANENT INTEREST.the reason the opposition are clapping for him now is because he is a gov .if this is first term in office mark my words he wont get the second term .
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by khaz(m): 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2013
We don hear
Re: Why We Stopped Amaechi’s Plane – FAAN by solopumpy227: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
Elueme: No body is advertising Amaechi but him advertising himself by unnecessarily being too bold and confrontational. Amaechi is selling because all opposition to the president within the PDP and outside the PDP now easily find a good ally in him. He's on a very dangerous adventure because his games can make him or totally destroy him and I think he knows this himself. I was surprised when Amaechi was reportedly to have said the rift with the president is a media creation. He has never hidden it to people who meet him physically and in Feb, he spoke passionately about it when some of us met him on an official mission in Rivers State. Amaechi is strong willed and visionary though some of his ideas maybe high fallouting( that makes him my kind ) but he's very wrong by picking a quarrel with the president and for the wrong reasons. What is happening is political and most people may not understand. I will watch from a far but I doubt if he will survive this.

I agree with most of your submissions aside the highlighteds. Like every courageous and ambitious leader Amaechi has found himself where he is primarilly left with two options: 1. To do an "Akpabio" for GEJ and damn all potential (National) consequences or 2. Be a Nationalist and put "peace and unity" of Nigeria before SS/ND/GEJ interests.

From all indications he seems to have embraced the second option. Democratically,neither you, I nor GEJ has the legal or moral right to question his fundamental right of freedom of expression. HE IS NOT VERY WRONG (FOR CHOOSING TO BE AMAECHI AND NOT A GEJ LACKEY). If you asked him he will have more than One Million reasons to give you for taking his decisions. He has decided (like a courageous Leader) and the end will justify his actions. I will point you to a similar event playing out in the US. A Republican Gov Chris Christie is becoming very popular among Americans because of his no-nonsense approach to issues but his Party (G.O.P) are excluding him from major party events that could give him platform for possible Presidential ticket in 2016. His sin is that he publicly and repeatedly praised President Obama's response to his state when a deadly hurricane passed across his state. Like Amaechi, Chris has taken a stand and we can only wait till 2015-2016 to see if his actions have yielded personal success for him or not.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Senator's Mansion (pics) Senator Gil Nnaji / 2023: Umahi’s Senatorial Ambition In Jeopardy As Other Contenders Sue / El-Rufai: I Still Believe In Tinubu’s Capacity To Make A Difference — Sen. Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.