Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 (16160 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / May God Punish Jonathan, All His Supporters And Other Nigerian Thieves. / 2015: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by EkoAtlantic: 2:49am On Apr 28, 2013
The Coordinator General of the South-East Revival Group (SERG), Willy Ezugwu on Monday called on all Nigerians of Igbo descent to ensure that they pitch their voice against President Goodluck Jonathan at the 2015 general elections.

In a statement emailed to Channels Television, Mr. Ezugwu said that “any person who is genuinely of Igbo extraction must be prepared to punish President Goodluck Jonathan at the next election or through mass protests that would amount to a vote of no confidence in him after the series of failed promises he made to garner votes from the region.”

He accused President Jonathan of deceiving Igbo people with his campaign promises of 2011 as all his actions since coming into office have served to only further impoverish the one group of people who genuinely voted for him going by election figures.

The statement said all that the people of the South East have to show for supporting the President in good faith is the array of phantom projects that if implemented would only serve to multiply the hell they presently live in.

[b]It said “Construction of the Second Niger Bridge is a fresh political dummy packaged by President Jonathan and his south-east proxy, Anambra state governor, Peter Obi and is being marketed under the guise of being financed through Public Private Partnership-PPP/BOT-Built-Operate & Transfer.

“When Jonathan solicited support from Igbos in 2011 with promises of projects he did not disclosed to these trusting people that his grand plan was to sell them into the slavery that PPP-BOT amounts to since past events show that these concessions are usually granted to cronies who in turn share the resulting loot with those in government.

“But all these are being disregarded in the bid to again hoodwink Ndigbo in the South East and cart away votes come 2015 Presidential election. The desperation of President Jonathan’s spinners is astounding. They are branding this project as the first of its kind in Nigeria when the harrowing experiences of some travelers in some parts of the South West since the collapsed of similar PPP-BOT project between the Federal Government and Bi-Courtney Ltd on rebuilding of Lagos/Ibadan Express road expose the lie for what it is.

“Private Building of the Second Niger Bridge with-no fixed completion date is the stuff fraud is made of. It would come with consequences on the people since the investor would be eager to recoup the resources invested and if history and happenings elsewhere are good guides, the profit taking in such ventures would be unregulated and at the expense of Igbo-race for next 40 years or for the number of years of slavery specified in the agreement.

“We challenge those who routed for Jonathan Presidency to go ask him: what has been the benefit of swaying Igbos to support Jonathan and the PDP? What has happened to the national resources that the President is meant to hold in trust that he now has to start shopping for a slave master for the South East? Why has government abandoned the Onitsha Seaport project, a cargo airport in the South East and the Orient Oil refinery?” The SERG Coordinator asked.[/b]

SERG asked Igbo people to immediately start shopping for there would be candidate for the next elections and particularly look out for a person that will protect their economic interest and not some who will willfully sell them into slavery. The group said the easiest way of ensuring this is to insist that a South-East Presidency in 2015 is a must with a warning to people who hide under the guise of social cultural groups to truncate the collective aspiration of Igbo people.

It also said the people should not rule out having to take on the Jonathan government over any attempt to foist anti-people policies like PPP-BOT on them since access to world class infrastructure is embedded in the economic rights guaranteed by the laws of the land and that the government can provide these without recourse to sending Nigerians into slavery.

According to SERG, the Igbo people must immediately activate all the democratic avenues available for punishing President Jonathan for reneging on his electoral promises.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/04/08/2015-igbo-group-swears-to-punish-jonathan/

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by lagcity(m): 6:37am On Apr 28, 2013
I laff in 99% votes. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 28, 2013
lagcity: I laff in 99% votes. grin
You should be more bothered about Frederick Fasheun who is about to tear Yoruba politics apart by licking Jonathan's a$$.I laff in OPC! grin

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Tolexander: 7:14am On Apr 28, 2013
The next thing now to be expected is to award a god-forsaken contract to one of the group to cause commotion and confusion among the group.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 28, 2013
@op, how do u manage to get all these news based on the igbo ethnic group? Do u google the word "igbo" all the time? How come you also have pictures based on igbos on your phone?.who dose that kinda stuff? You have a problem mehn, a serious problem. Answer these questions first

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by funnyx(m): 8:15am On Apr 28, 2013
That's why it's not always right to vote based on religious and ethnic sentiments, I hope that 2015 Nigerians will vote for the right candidate by looking beyond tribal and religious sentiment.

17 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by funnyx(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2013
berem: You should be more bothered about Frederick Fasheun who is about to tear Yoruba politics apart by licking Jonathan's a$$.I laff in OPC! grin

Jonathan is trying to use thuggery as a means of diluting or diverting SW votes to his favour but SW people already know this. When OPC are collecting their largesse from Jonathan they merely distribute it among themselves, what we want in the SW is development not dolling money out to thugs, Jonathan is on a long thing if he think his tactic will ever work.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by EkoAtlantic: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2013
saxywale:
This pic is so funny. The dude dancing beside the first Israeli flag must be a comedian grin

One vexed mod don hide am, lol...

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 28, 2013
funnyx:

Jonathan is trying to use thuggery as a means of diluting or diverting SW votes to his favour but SW people already know this. When OPC are collecting their largesse from Jonathan they merely distribute it among themselves, what we want in the SW is development not dolling money out to thugs, Jonathan is on a long thing if he think his tactic will ever work.
cool! we both have the same line of reasoning.
Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by EkoAtlantic: 8:41am On Apr 28, 2013
berem: dude, am not ready for any ethnic bashing. it's best for everyone to think about his own ethnic group and protect it Jealously. We all have a common enemy and we must fight it to finish.

Ethnic bashing! you surely don't want your tribe being bashed on a holy day. I'm only stating the obvious, don't get it twisted.
Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Walexz02(m): 8:45am On Apr 28, 2013
Hehehe!
These people sha, may be they are thinking that its all man for himself, coz not only did Gej failed to fulfill his promises to them but to all Nigerians. I stil doubt there would be any tactick he could use to get a vote from any reasonable Nigerian.
This will be a lesson to people who only vote base on ethnicity,religion and tribalism.

15 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Clerverly: 8:49am On Apr 28, 2013
I can bet with my Nokia 3310, The Igbos are not going to vote for Jonathan in 2015. I have interacted with some of my brothers who were his staunch supporters in 2011, to know where their votes are going in 2015. all came back negative. What i strongly believe would happen in 2015, is that, the Igbos are going to do a protest votes by not coming out to vote for any candidate in the presidential election (But trust Jega, he would still manufacture 99% turn over just to rig for his Employer), thereby depleting Jonathan's main support zone.

Everybody has lost faith in him (including the international communities) bar insincere9igerian and dede1.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 28, 2013
Clerverly: I can bet with my Nokia 3310, The Igbos are not going to vote for Jonathan in 2015. I have interacted with some of my brothers who were his staunch supporters in 2011, to know where their votes are going in 2015. all came back negative. What i strongly believe would happen in 2015, is that, the Igbos are going to do a protest votes by not coming out to vote for any candidate in the presidential election (But trust Jega, he would still manufacture 99% turn over just to rig for his Employer), thereby depleting Jonathan's main support zone.

Everybody has lost faith in him (including the international communities) bar insincere9igerian and dede1.
+1000likes!
Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 28, 2013
Who has time for Willy Ezugwu that speaks for opposition parties? The guy has always been in the opposition so no one should be surprised. He is the IGBO VERSION of Lai Muhammed, the notorious liar.

See Willy Ezugwu in the link below doing his JOB in collaboration with Lai Muhammed et al
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201303270189.html/?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm%3Fq%3DWilly%2BEzugwu%2BACN

The ACN e-warriors who harvested this report thought they made a big catch. Sorry guys, any statement from a nonentity like Willy is WORTHLESS. Tinubu must be terribly disappointed at the performance of his e-warriors on NL. You guys aren't earning your pay. If you dont sit up, heads will roll.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Emperor007: 9:35am On Apr 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Who has time for Willy Ezugwu that speaks for opposition parties? The guy has always been in the opposition so no one should be surprised. He is the IGBO VERSION of Lai Muhammed, the notorious liar.

See Willy Ezugwu in the link below doing his JOB in collaboration with Lai Muhammed et al
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201303270189.html/?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm%3Fq%3DWilly%2BEzugwu%2BACN

The ACN e-warriors who harvested this report thought they made a big catch. Sorry guys, any statement from a nonentity like Willy is WORTHLESS. Tinubu must be terribly disappointed at the performance of his e-warriors on NL. You guys aren't earning your pay. If you dont sit up, heads will roll.

^^^

Is there an atom of truth in what he said?

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Emperor007: 9:42am On Apr 28, 2013
For sure 2015 would be a different ball game.

GEJ should really wake up, if he's thinking and really want a 2nd term, SE is the region he shouldn't toy with. SW and North are gone, long time ago.

Nigerians are politically wiser, 2015 for sure holds lot of surprises.

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Clerverly: 9:50am On Apr 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Who has time for Willy Ezugwu that speaks for opposition parties? The guy has always been in the opposition so no one should be surprised. He is the IGBO VERSION of Lai Muhammed, the notorious liar.

He is now a nonentity because he spoke the obvious. I pity your kids! I wonder the manner of dad you are, to them nincompoop! angry angry angry angry

18 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 28, 2013

Absolute rubbish! You are as dumb as your comment. stop living a life of delusion my friend!
meanwhile, you should be on the Jonathan -Amaechi thread to defend your paymaster about why he has choose to chase Amaechi around and trying to stop him from his presidential ambition.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 28, 2013
what some people do not realise is that rigging is like coup-de-tat, you need a level of public support to succeed.

Jonathan did well in 2011 because of strong support from the whole South. If Jonathan looses South West in 2015 he will definitely loose because he has no leg in NW and NE for obvious reasons.

The battleground will be Middle belt . . . with a half hearted or lesser support from Igbos in 2015 compared to 2011 Jonathan is headed for defeat.

If APC select their candidate wisely and lets say Fashola emerge. Fashola is a Yoruba Muslim and will have both ethno-religious advantage and a moral advantage because of his Governance records in Lagos.

before the 2011 election, some of us predicted the outcome of the electoral map as it happened.

The only way Jonathan wins in 2015 is if APC defeat themselves in their own primary and field a Buhari or that sort of figure.

Fashola/VP candidate from Benue, Plateau, Taraba or Adamawa who is a Christain will defeat Jonathan in a landslide.

This is politics 101!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 11:08am On Apr 28, 2013

[size=14pt]Whether he works for the opposition is not the issue. The best you can do is to counter all what he said and prove them wrong. I share Mr Ezugwu's assertion. Do i also work for the opposition? Don't throw away the baby with the bath water.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by toshacer: 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2013
LOL. The word punish sounds like another Boko Haram to be unleashed, this time by the Igbos. I am sure these threats are already bothering GEJ. Abi?
Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]Whether he works for the opposition is not the issue. The best you can do is to counter all what he said and prove them wrong. I share Mr Ezugwu's assertion. Do i also work for the opposition? Don't throw away the baby with the bath water.[/size]
Both the message and messenger lack credibility.

Ok, what is the message? That it is wrong for the FG to construct Second Niger Bridge under PPP? We have seen countless reports of how the present govt intends to actualise the Second Niger Bridge. Yes, it is PPP and there will one tolling point but the arrangement is such that FG will provide N30billion while Julius Berger and its partners will provide N70billion. If the govt fulfils it part of the deal and the bridge becomes a reality, then it has done what other govts since 1985 or so have failed to do.

Note the template for constructing Second Niger Bridge has always been PPP because there's already an existing bridge.

By the way, the same character that speaks for opposition parties that are doing several unending PPP projects (eg the Lekki road with tolling points) in Lagos is sermonizing about PPP here.

As for the Onitsha port, I dont know why things have not started happening there. The govt has completed and commissioned the port. They said they want to concession it to private management but I dont know why that is taking too long.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by GentleNaaz(m): 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2013
Which Igbo group instigated ds? Is dia any oda Igbo, dan my luvly Igbo( Biafran Rep). Ds is nt true o, pls. Discard ds allegation

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by Scarpon(m): 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2013
am not supporting this
Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by ifihearam: 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
berem: dude, am not ready for any ethnic bashing. it's best for everyone to think about his own ethnic group and protect it Jealously. We all have a common enemy and we must fight it to finish.

Smh. Common enemy my royal foot. The Igbos are voiceless and without integrity. Just a bag of ghana must go will do the magic and a U-turn would be made .
Re: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan In 2015 by thelastPope(m): 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
[size=14pt]Comedy Central! One unknown Igbo man sent an email to channels and it became news?[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol / Youths Set Ablaze Palace Of Irigwe Paramount Ruler, Rev. Runku Aka In Plateau / Ministerial Appointment: Disquiet In Rivers APC Over Wike, Tinubu Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.