Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

How Well Do You Know Your Children? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Well Do You Know Your Children? (10647 Views)

20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. / How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. / How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by jntyjnty007(f): 7:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
Well enough to know they will never tell you everything, just have to stay in touch with their world. As for the school, what on earth were they thinking. The thought of turning up at school and your child not there? My children would be hauled right out of there.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by magnetik(m): 8:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
tpia@:
Crappy threads are becoming too many on nl these days.
If you had a child you won't regard this topic as frivolous
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by joe1975: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
Sign up with Nigerian online marketplace for manufacturers, suppliers, importers, exporters and buyers. http://www.youandbuyer.com
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by shagaribarau: 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
hmmm na wao
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by magnetik(m): 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
rol/ed:
Lol,if you all believe those threads about Sleeping with my ex,then News flash.I have a plot of Land for sale in venus planet.I entertained this boring family section with my previous thread and someone thinks is my personal life cheesy

You just come disgrace urself for this thread...you too get long mouf who u be sef. yeye dey smell.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by greatgod2012(f): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
Now, for those who care to know, i have gotten the full gist today..............

What really happened is that, truly, the girl who is 4years old and in K.G 2(also known as prenursery class) actually cried after her friend's mum, when she came to pick her child, and since the little girl refused to be pet, the woman suggested that the girl be released to her, that she would go with the two of them to wait for her daughter's friend in the administrative officer's office, so, one of the teachers in the class took them there and they were in the A.O's office waiting for the other mum, so, by the time the other mum was around, she just went into her girl's class directly, and she didnt see her daughter among her classmates, all effort to explain what happened to her fell into her deaf ears, she was just screaming, and that was the time i got there to pick my own children, so, all i was just hearing is "why will you allow my kid to leave the class".
Not until when the girl, her friend and the friend's mum came with the school's A.O that the case was settled, but i had left before then, so that was why i thought they allowed the girl to follow her friend and her friend's mum.
I think the mistake the teacher made was to have waited for the girl's mum at the gate and took her to the A.O office straightaway, instead of allowing the poor woman to come to her daughter's class, only for her not to meet her in the class with her classmates.
And, i cant blame the woman. If its me too, i will react, abi, what do you think.

Now, i only used the scenario as an example, what about out older kids, pre-teens, teens and older kids, how well do you know them?i will appreciate if this is discussed, instead of the school/the teacher that made mistake.
Thanks and may God help us all.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
, I get it now however this is not a good example.
May God help the teacher that let kids follow anyone, no excuses, I hand my child over to you, the only person my child is allowed to follow is me or his Father or any relative we informed the school will pick him up.
This one is a serious gaffe from the school and that careless teacher should be sanctioned. No questions.
Even if the chilld cries blood he stays in that class and waits for who ever it is that will pick him/ her up, that's in my case oh.
Any school that does that kind of error is playing with fire.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by phoebewal(f): 9:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
knowing our children is not what we start overnight. we form that bonding with them right from the womb. even from there, they hear us. if not, why do pregnant women feel the movement of babies in their womb? then, as infants we give them attention. when they are adolescents, encourage them to talk by asking questions. May God help us, as children are gifts from him. We are only caretakers
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
u be police??
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by GraceBestowed(f): 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
sanniemoe: Omo, my parents would judge u and even sentence u..telling my parents everything means digging ur grave

Aww! I think you'd have a different relationship with your kids, because you'd know what not to do (a case of making them feel less judged).

We live, and we learn, abi? :-)
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by tpia5: 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
magnetik:
If I had a child I won't regard this topic as frivolous

your post is in extremely bad taste, i must say.

turn to Jesus to free you from your demons, you seem possessed.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by tpia5: 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
icebeatz: u be police??

please ask him or her o.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by magnetik(m): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
tpia@:

my post is in extremely bad taste, i must say.

typical nler undecided lipsrsealed

Ok I see embarassed
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by tpia5: 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
^ Turn to Jesus, dear.

He can free you from your captivity.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by magnetik(m): 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
tpia@:
^ Turn to Jesus, dear.

He can free you from your captivity.
dude bounce.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by tpia5: 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
magnetik:
dude bounce.

Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by waleadex(m): 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
Honestly,as a man who is very busy I can say categorically that I know my kids well enough for now and I pray they never fail me. My first daughter who is 15yrs(through with O'Level) is my best friend in the family. The twin girls who are 12yrs (in JSS3) are not too friendly as their sister but I still know pretty much about them. Sometime in January,the girls told me they wanted to join facebook but I declined. Politely they asked why and I told them the usual vices involved at such tender ages. As for my only son who is 2.5yrs,he attends his mum's school (our school grin ) and I am still learning much about him though he's so inquisitive. However,knowing your kids well depends on some factors :
-How busy parents are
-Nature of kid(s)
-Societal influence (environment)
-Resources availability
-Father-Mother relationship and
-Readiness of parents to knowing their kids etc.
As madam always says,may God help us all.(Amen)
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by MsPweshy(f): 12:26am On Apr 30, 2013
Checkn a teen's phone,visitn unexpectedly or wanting too know secret things about them aint gud @al, ur jz being OVER PROTECTIVE,nd dat way,they begin to behave WORSE nd push u aside,thereby doing wat dy feel lyk. My advice is jz 2 let dem be free, if possible become their bestfrnd(gist,laugh), 2 me dats the key to knwing them.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 30, 2013
Ms_Pweshy: Checkn a teen's phone,visitn unexpectedly or wanting too know secret things about them aint gud @al, ur jz being OVER PROTECTIVE,nd dat way,they begin to behave WORSE nd push u aside,thereby doing wat dy feel lyk. My advice is jz 2 let dem be free, if possible become their bestfrnd(gist,laugh), 2 me dats the key to knwing them.
EXACTLY
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by MsPweshy(f): 12:33am On Apr 30, 2013
As in eh
neena adjei:
EXACTLY
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 30, 2013
rol/ed:
What kind of cheap,insecured, atakara sch does ur kids attend.No sch I'd?So anyone can just walk up to pick any child?
Besides the kind of thread you open sef.I can see you work in a govt parastatal that's why you ve time for such
yay!! give it up for the biggest fool on NL. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 30, 2013
This is really worrisome. These kids are so trusting, they forget all we tell them before leaving the house.

Unfortunately for me, I don't reside in thesame town with my son, but we talk almost every day. At a time, we used to talk every day. I ask him about his friends, his teachers, the ones he admires and the ones he can't stand, where his friends live, their church (yes!), what he ate for brekfast and lunch, everything.

Now because I work far away from home and I spend all day on the road, we talk like thrice a week, but we're still close. I tell him about my friends too, and I can say we're friends. One day soon, we'll start to live together, but a bond has been formed. To an extent, I know my son.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by biolabee(m): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2013
greatgod2012: Now, for those who care to know, i have gotten the full gist today..............

What really happened is that, truly, the girl who is 4years old and in K.G 2(also known as prenursery class) actually cried after her friend's mum, when she came to pick her child, and since the little girl refused to be pet, the woman suggested that the girl be released to her, that she would go with the two of them to wait for her daughter's friend in the administrative officer's office, so, one of the teachers in the class took them there and they were in the A.O's office waiting for the other mum, so, by the time the other mum was around, she just went into her girl's class directly, and she didnt see her daughter among her classmates, all effort to explain what happened to her fell into her deaf ears, she was just screaming, and that was the time i got there to pick my own children, so, all i was just hearing is "why will you allow my kid to leave the class".
Not until when the girl, her friend and the friend's mum came with the school's A.O that the case was settled, but i had left before then, so that was why i thought they allowed the girl to follow her friend and her friend's mum.
I think the mistake the teacher made was to have waited for the girl's mum at the gate and took her to the A.O office straightaway, instead of allowing the poor woman to come to her daughter's class, only for her not to meet her in the class with her classmates.
And, i cant blame the woman. If its me too, i will react, abi, what do you think.

Now, i only used the scenario as an example, what about out older kids, pre-teens, teens and older kids, how well do you know them?i will appreciate if this is discussed, instead of the school/the teacher that made mistake.
Thanks and may God help us all.

Insecurity has made people paranoid
Screaming and shouting from heaven to hell does not solve the problem

So the missing child was still in the school premises

The situation was not even as chronic as it sounded at first
However the teached should not have released the kid on no account
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by tonididdy(m): 5:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
meet nairaland babes and gents in PICTURES here

www.nairaland.com/1269423/nairaland-post-best-pic-day
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by tpia5: 9:11am On May 01, 2013
i wonder who this rant is for.

are you addressing your parents?

i doubt anyone on nairaland really cares per se, as per if they're checking your phone, following you on twitter, are or arent on your fb friends list or not, that's your personal business.

if, however, you're looking to make a mess of your life, then nl is the right place to air your dirty laundry and mock your relations.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Children? by tpia5: 9:13am On May 01, 2013
this op is starting to look like a well known nler who assumes multiple identities and invents fake stories maybe to push traffic to the site.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Side Of The Story - Siena’s Ex-wife / Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) / false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.